Wiimote vs. Move vs. Natal

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wiimote vs. Move vs. Natal

Post  Bugman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:56 pm

So!

Sony finally find a name for their Wiimote rip-off. But I must admit, what I did see so far is really, really good. Probably as good as the Wiimote with (and I say WITH) the Wiimotion Plus and maybe even better.

Microsoft hasn't talk about the Natal since E3 last year, but it does seems promising too.

The question is, who has the best one?

And I ask, who has the best, because even if Sony and Microsoft succeed at making something better that the Wiimote with Motion Plus, it doesn't mean that the casual will bite it, since they already have the Wii for about 4 years.

BTW, the Move (yes, that's the name for the Sony Motion Controller) will be 100$, with the controller, the Eye Toy and a game.

Looks like Sony... *puts on sunglasses* is on the move.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wiimote vs. Move vs. Natal

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:02 pm

this is a interesting discussion point....looking purely at models and basic technology (not that I know jack shit but lets try) you'd see Microsoft is copying Sony's previous eye-toy, adding new technology that allows more detailed and precise motion capturing, and Sony seems to have taken nintendo's design.
I am curious how Natal is gonna work....Seeing the tech-demo's make it seem like they really got something impressive. PS Move....not so much. Also, lets not forget it all depends on how third party devs will embrace Move and Natal....

Arc sounded better then PS move....and Nintendo is the only god I;ll worship really....

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Well to me it seems Sony and Microsoft are too scared to do anything new, then when Nintendo does something new and it succeeds big time, Sony and Microsoft rip it off them. Sony did with the hand-held as well.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:08 pm

and lets not forget plenty of rumors (or are they facts already) microsoft wants into the handheld market as well. But saying its merely a rip-off seems a bit to short....if your right however, it'll show soon enough by complaints and lack of decent games.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah, no matter how good the controller is, if the third-party developers don't know how to use it, it's crap. We've seen it happen before.
I don't know about this, but I think the PS3's target demographic isn't really gonna buy this stuff.
Natal, personally, I think will fail.
Outlaw wrote:Well to me it seems Sony and Microsoft are too scared to do anything new, then when Nintendo does something new and it succeeds big time, Sony and Microsoft rip it off them. Sony did with the hand-held as well.
My thoughts exactly.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Why does it say "We wish we stolen Rare"? Nobody stole Rare to Nintendo, Nintendo was treating Rare like shit. Miyamoto himself said that Donkey Kong Country was a bad game only with good graphics and when Rare shown them Bad Fur Day, they didn't do any marketing for it and the description of the game behind the boxart was even saying to the consumer to NOT buy this game.

Seriously, Nintendo was treating Rare like shit. So Rare quit and Microsoft got them after that.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Therefore, Sony didn't steal them. So they wish they had. Makes perfect sense.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:40 pm

I dread the day Sony falls under.

And yet I await it eagerly. It's like... It's like watching someone you like buying stocks in Enron. Sure you don't want them to fail, but you also don't want stupidity to go unpunished.

In my opinion, the only good move Sony has made as a company in the last two years or so would be retaining the rights to God of War.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Sony did good things.

- Rechargeable batteries integrated into the controller (AMEN TO THAT! Seriously, why didn't Microsoft and Nintendo did this?)
- Online nearly as good as Xbox Live but free.

I can't think of any more...

Besides, without Nintendo, Sony wouldn't be in the Video Game Industries, ironic, isn't it?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:50 pm

I've never thought the online on the PS3 was 1/2 as good as X-box live. The only thing that makes up for this is the fact it's free.

And yeah, you could argue that the first thing Sony stole from nintendo was CD technology. Kinda. I mean, Sega had it first, but whatever.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:52 pm

BY2K wrote:Sony did good things.

- Rechargeable batteries integrated into the controller (AMEN TO THAT! Seriously, why didn't Microsoft and Nintendo did this?)
That increases costs.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

PS3 DualShock 3 - 54,99$
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - 39,99$ + Rechargeble Battery 19,99$ = 59,98$
Wiimote/WiiMotion Plus Bundle - 54,99$ (There not even a nunchuck and RB in there!) < ------ THIS is freaking unacceptable.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Everytime I hear Natal, I keep thinking of this guy:

Turtwig's Japanese name is Naetle

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 pm

PlayStation Move seems to work well if we're ignoring that it's a blatant ripoff, but I feel Natal took it too far and will suffer for it. I mean, think what happens when you're playing a Natal fighting game and your character gets hit and falls. You don't. Immersion = broken.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

The way I see it, Microsoft and Sony have the Hardcore end of the market, (with PC in that section as well so it isn't really Sony or M$.) So the Hardcore is split. But Nintendo has its own half of the market by itself. "Casual". M$ and Sony know they need a little piece of that "Casual" market to keep up.

M$ and Sony are afraid to do anything new so when something good happens that Nintendo does, M$ and Sony blatantly rip off the idea in their own way. Doesn't matter though. A Casual gamer IMO would go for a cheap fix than an expensive one. So Nintendo still wins. I think M$ and Sony are realizing that "g00d graphics" and "fast processors" won't keep them in ahead. Eventually I think their prices will go up. I mean the PS3 was 600 bucks, even then it was underpriced. So M$ and Sony are going to have to find something else to milk a bunch of money out of.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:58 pm

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1076600p1.html
This is what stuck out most from the article:
I will say that the technology is certainly stronger than Nintendo's Wii remote, but after nearly five years of the Wii being on the market, Sony's solution better damn well be superior. And at a hundred bucks for the starter system – that's just for the controller, the PlayStation Eye, and a game – it needs to be more than just waggle.
Sony plans on taking from what Nintendo has with he Wii market, but with the $100 add-on, the people that Sony is going for might not bite. I mean, the Wii's pricing helped it a lot. I myself would like HD graphics after having played PC games for almost a year now, but Sony doesn't have the Nintendo franchises I grown to love. That, and I just don't want to buy another console.

EDIT: Here's another IGN article. Their very own Nintendo editor, Matt Casamassina, presents his takeaways from GDC.
It seems Natal might end up being a flop as Matt writes,
Natal, though -- the motion offering from Microsoft -- not so much. The same studio rep calls Natal a big, buggy mess. "It's sh*t," he adds, saying that it just doesn't work as promised. That it's slow and that the camera is imprecise, which he notes, is causing some major development woes.
And Milo seems to have some issues lately too.

In a nutshell, should you not want to read the article,
Takeaways so far: Sony has made a dildo-controller that feels like a gimped Wii remote. Natal sucks. And Wii 2 is in no rush. At least, that's how it goes in pure black and white and if you believe everything you hear at this year's Game Developers Conference. Of course, if you do, then maybe you'll also believe that GameCube's fill rate is much better than Xbox's and therefore Nintendo's hardware is superior. Right?

So impressions of Sony's and Microsoft's motion controllers are as of now are buggy and need work, but it's still early (unless you take into account how it's been over 3 years since the Wii's release) before they release their products. But will it be too late, even if it's not too little?

Last edited by Blue Madness on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing link)

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:04 am

I want to see Microsoft and Sony die, I really do. They make good games and have nice consoles, but their fanbases are generally total jerks, who know jackshit about what a good videogame is, all they care about is graphics.

Also, Red Ring of Death, and that whole PS3s breaking across the world thing a few weeks ago. Nothing ever went wrong with the Wii, except for the occaisonal retard throwing the remote through his plasma TV, but that's not Nintendo's fault, now is it?

And Move looks like a ripoff to me, and I look forward to seeing what happens with Natal.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:37 am

...... v(¬_¬v) ......
Are you serious? (Is this guy serious?)

Okay, so you called the ENTIRE fanbases of, not just the 360, not just the PS3, but BOTH... total jerks for only caring about graphics.

Ooooookay... let's break this down a little. First point: Not everyone has this opinion. And I'm not talking about your's, I'm talking about this misconception you have that all they care about is graphics just because the systems themselves emphasize it. Well, the Wii stresses how user friendly it is, the fact that 3-year olds and grandparents alike can play it. Does that mean every single person who owns a Wii is obsessed with simplicity in controls? Of course not! There are tons of Nintendo fanboys who bought the Wii because of the franchises. There are more who bought it because they thought it looked the most fun, and others who bought it out of habit (some people just by Nintendo because they always have).

Point TWO: You called them all jerks. I'm sure many of us have 360s or PS3s. You are, by extension, calling us jerks.

Point three: The Nintendo has had it's fair share of problems as well. There are horror stories of system updates that fry the hardware. Stories of system errors and memory problems. The only difference is the problems were not announced by Nintendo and they were also generally unique on a system to system basis.

Another thing that bugged my was you saying this almost offhandedly. It's like when you called FF fans...Well, you know.

Seriously...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:45 am

Okay children, break it up now.

TheTJ, you probably can't deny the part of the fanbase you can actually hear (microphones) are probably some of the most annoying gamers you ever encountered. Hell, a good friend of mine who shall go unnamed turns into a major douchebag as soon as he gets on Xboxlive, but as soon as others turn their mics on, he actually seems like a nice and friendly guy. Granted, I actually never got in contact with the ps3 fanbase, but about the 360 fanbase, I think we can agree.

Also Hans, calling everything a rip-off is way to easy. Sure PS Move got the same design, ground technology, texture, and flavor as a wiimote, but how it'll be implemented by developpers will decide wether its a rip-off or not. Thats just like, and a quote a very wise man "calling every first person shooter a half life or doom rip-off". I will say however as soon as we get PS Bowling with avatars (or whatever the ps version calls em) that implements motion controls and takes place on a sunny resort, heads will start flying.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:58 am

I'm not saying the 260 crowd isn't annoying, I'm just saying it's unfair to write literally millions of people off by simply saying they're...

Hans wrote:total jerks, who know jackshit about what a good videogame is, all they care about is graphics.

I'm starting to suspect that Hans is a much worse troll than Fobby.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:05 am

I own a 360. It's a good console, I like it, I like the games. It's a generalisation TJ, I am not calling "the ENTIRE fanbases of, not just the 360, not just the PS3, but BOTH... total jerks for only caring about graphics." I am saying that generally, a lot of them are. The main argument I hear from these people, and there are a lot of them, about the Wii is "It's a stupid kid's console with shitty graphics and a dildo for a controller, heheh, dildo..." these people are morons and jerks who have never played a Wii. So I apologise if I offended you, but I stand by what I said, 360 and PS3 fanboys are jerks and they're mean to me and make me Sad with their unbased and ignorant arguments as to why 360 is better than Wii.

Also, if the Move isn't a ripoff of the Wiimote then Mello Yello wasn't a ripoff of Mountain Dew.

TJ, I'm not a troll, I'm just very opinionated and you are easily worked up Razz

Last edited by Hans on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:06 am

TheTJ wrote:

Hans wrote:total jerks, who know jackshit about what a good videogame is, all they care about is graphics.

I'm starting to suspect that Hans is a much worse troll than Fobby.

Blasphemy Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 am

Do I need to post a link I'm sure plenty of you are familiar with it anyway. But yes the phenomenon tends to run very strong on Xbox live but most of them are usually nice guys, I'd know since about 99% of my friends (and basically all guys my age around here) play only Xbox (there's like 2 other guys with wiis and one with a PS3)

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:10 am

Maybe it's just people my age who are ignorant jerks...

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:11 am

It does seem to gravitate around there, yes...

Of course, given a few years most of those people become well-informed jerks...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top