TWBB Mafia 4: Affiliations - Episode 7

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Mafia 4: Affiliations - Epilogue

Post  Smashy B on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm

The Mushroom kingdom fell into chaos after a series of events continued to drive disorder. Peach, valiant in her efforts to restore peace and stability into her Kingdom of corruption, went missing consequently leaving the Kingdom in turmoil. Investigators say she was abducted after a break in, but rumor has it that the break in was a cover-up and Peach instead fled into hiding, possibly leaving the Mushroom Kingdom itself.

Shortly after Peach’s disappearance, there was an instance at the Petal Meadows Asylum, leaving two once occupied cells now vacant; one of them Kirby’s, the other authorities are unsure. No one knows how the two occupants got out, but the situation can only add to the fear and confusion the citizens feel. No one has seen a sign of the cannibal since his escape, but relief does not come easy in this kingdom as the once-imprisoned butcher may be the least of the town’s worries.

With murders happening every night, and people falling victim to the accusations lynch mobs, it seems everyone is just doing what it takes to survive, even if it means losing their sense of humanity. Areas like the Rupee District and Lakitu’s news broadcasting station have been next to destroyed. No one can be sure whom to trust nowadays. In the wake of the pandemonium, a rumor carried in its wind of an individual who does not fear the thought death. It is said that he plans to amass a group and prepare for their inevitable fate.

Our story follows a group of 19 survivors in Mushroom Kingdom. It was once said that in a Dystopian Mushroom Kingdom, corruption and avarice reign supreme. Now it may just be the will to survive. The 19 survivors should consider themselves lucky to even be alive. These are their stories…

Welcome, fellow members, to the forum’s 4th game of Mafia. I am your friendly neighborhood narrator and game moderator. Since everyone is familiar with the game, I won’t have to explain the basics. The link in the OP of the signups thread is a great tool, I suggest reading it over. If you have any questions at any time, feel free to PM me and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Some things about this game:
  • Unlike last game, we will see a return of the night phase. No posting in the thread at that time. I may just lock the thread during the night phase to avoid temptation.
  • Roleclaims and death reveals will function like last game. Roleclaiming can be risky, so you may want to think twice before claiming your role or any role. A person’s role will not be revealed upon their death, only their affiliation.
  • Also like last game, PMs are allowed. Unless otherwise specified (via your character role), you may only send 5 PMs per day phase. If you send the same PM to two people, that counts as two PMs. Speaking from experience, be careful who it is you message.
  • Once you’re dead, you’re dead. Please no zombie posting. I understand you want to get in a last word, but save it for when the game is over. I will delete zombie posts at my discretion.
  • In the event of a tie, there is no lynch, but if someone avoids being lynched with that twice, it takes one less vote to lynch them. They basically gain the role of hated townie.

On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero. Will you give in now, or will you find solace in knowing that you might have something to live for?

Meet the Players:
1. Avalanch91
2. TheTJ
3. Weldar
4. Viero

5. td260
6. JGH27
7. Quaetam

8. MENTOK the MINDTAKER
9. SurgePox
10. DarkFalco
11. Raya

12. Sahrimnir
13. SnakeInABox

14. Spontaneous Combustion
15. Fobby
16. Hans

17. DRTJR
18. Minby_Aran
19. Warchamp7

20. Ansem

Last edited by smashbro on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : player list)

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 4: Affiliations - Episode 7

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 pm

so thats

-Avalanche
-Snakeinabox
-Sahrimnir
-Raya
-TheTJ
-Weldar
-SC
-Darkfalco
-Queen_Camilla
-Fobby
-DRTJR
-Viero
-JGH27
-Surgepox
-Minby
-Ansem
-BY2K
-Hans

and uhm...lil help? Embarassed Mentok playing along? Blue? Warchamp?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:47 pm

~Sign Ups 4 Game 4!~
Mod: smashbro
1. Avalanch91
2. TheTJ
3. Weldar
4. Viero
5. td260
6. JGH27
7. Quaetam
8. MENTOK the MINDTAKER
9. SurgePox
10. DarkFalco
11. Raya
12. Sahrimnir
13. SnakeInABox
14. Spontaneous Combustion
15. Fobby
16. Hans
17. DRTJR
18. Minby_Aran
19. Warchamp
20. Ansem

No BY2K or Blue.
Edit: I keep a running list of players in the OP of the other thread.
But this reminds me that I should do what Weldar did and mark off those that die.
ninja edit: Quaetam's around.

Last edited by Nanny smashbro on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:49 pm

okay, thanks....though I havent seen queatam after those posts. He/she still alive?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 pm

*shrugs* Who knows? he/she could be in an awkward time zone.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Nanny smashbro wrote: Areas like the Rupee District and Lakitu’s news broadcasting station have been next to destroyed.

Speaking from experience, be careful who it is you message.

:3

Urgh, I hate this right at the very start...there's no clues to go on!

Everyone get in here and start talking.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:53 pm

We have to vote on the first day? Bloody hel, there is absolutely nothing to go on. A Hit and miss, if I may.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:54 pm

t.t.t.t.talk about what?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I think we can be sure that at this point the lynch target is going to be someone who says something completely innocent with completely wrong words.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 pm

lets hope we don't lynch the doctor on the first day... assuming there IS a doctor this game. no doctor last game was bull.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Avalanche91 wrote:okay, thanks....though I havent seen queatam after those posts. He/she still alive?

Yeah, as td260 said I'm in a slightly weird timezone. I also have school so expect me to come on at about when I made this post, give or take an hour. Sorry for the confusion

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:08 pm

what timezone of the US are you in? Me and Minby are EST, and a lot of the guys here are WST. SIAB is in texas.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:09 pm

I am in EST if that helps

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:23 pm

I am in PST, which as I have stated before is the official timezone that TWBB is filmed in, and should be the official timezone of TWBB events. Generally, it's the timezone of whoever is running the game that is used.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Double post, blah, because editing posts is against the rules.

I know this might be suicide, but what if we didn't lynch someone in our first phase? Last game, with nothing to go on, we lynched DRTJR, who was a vanilla townie that game. Lynching with no evidence is really awesome for the mafia, as they know exactly who they would and wouldn't want gone, and can easily take advantage of the fact that no one else has any sort of evidence. I know that abstained lynches (especially late game) are in the mafia's advantage, but early game we are more likely to do more harm than good.

Plus, from a player standpoint, it's no fun being lynched off of nothing before even getting the chance to expierence a proper round.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm EST as well, so I guess it's not as far off from you guys as I had anticipated. Again, I do have school though, so I'll be unresponsive for a few hours each day.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Quaetam wrote:I'm EST as well, so I guess it's not as far off from you guys as I had anticipated. Again, I do have school though, so I'll be unresponsive for a few hours each day.
I wouldn't worry, a great deal of us are in the same boat as you, be it school, jobs, or whatever. Day and night phases in this game will last over 24 hours (if smash is a kind game master, that is), so you will have time to make checks and multiple posts per phase.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:47 pm

to surge, if we don't lynch someone, we're giving the mafia a free night to kill. but, we don't want to kill a townie accidentally. But, then we've got to get lucky sometimes... I don't know what to do.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:54 pm

True, but I don't think the risk is worth taking. With absolutely no evidence, any lynch would be made at random. Because the mafia is the minority, we are more likely to lynch a townie than a mafia, thus meaning that we are giving the mafia even more of an advantage then not lynching. Losing townies in inevitable, But we've got more numbers than they do, and our victory comes by preserving that advantage. I don't think we should abstain all game, but it would be smart to hold off this round.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Ya, I am with Surge. And not let anyone kill anyone for now so we can get a base of who's who.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:03 pm

I agree with surge. With nothing to go on, the Mafia almost never get lynched the first day. I think I've only ever hosted one game where one actually was. And besides, a lot of mafians avoid the first day so they don't look too suspicious. But then again, some townies do it too.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:05 pm

It seems like most people are agreeing that nobody will be lynched today. Razz

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:13 pm

td260 wrote:lets hope we don't lynch the doctor on the first day... assuming there IS a doctor this game. no doctor last game was bull.

It's wasn't that bad, most of the doctor's effect is psychological, by not telling everyone there wasn't a doctor the effect is kept intact without there even being one. Besides Minby's role does an even better job at it, failing to kill when you target someone as mafia kinda sucks. Losing a member when you target someone really really sucks.

Anyway down to business. It's day 1 and none of us have any idea what to do, the course of action should be obvious. Vote: Mentok

No not really. Unvote: Mentok

Now being serious. The old no lynch discussion this is always fun. It's true on the first day we're a lot more likely to kill an innocent but the problem is often the next day doesn't end up being much better. Sure the people with night abilities have had a chance to act but usually there isn't a huge amount of people with information gathering roles so not many people have new information unless they decide to claim, and claiming that early on usually isn't be best idea. A lynch does give us something, information. If we no lynch then nothing happens but if there is a lynch we get a chance to watch the players, see how they act. This is kind of because of my mafia "upbringing" but I've always preferred not to no lynch. I've picked up the mindset that the information you can get is often worth the cost of a vanilla innocent.

However the no lynch argument does seem to have it's fair points and I seem to be the minority here so it's not like I can do much. The whole getting information thing doesn't really work unless you've got a lot of people voting.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm

SurgePox wrote:Double post, blah, because editing posts is against the rules.

I know this might be suicide, but what if we didn't lynch someone in our first phase? Last game, with nothing to go on, we lynched DRTJR, who was a vanilla townie that game. Lynching with no evidence is really awesome for the mafia, as they know exactly who they would and wouldn't want gone, and can easily take advantage of the fact that no one else has any sort of evidence. I know that abstained lynches (especially late game) are in the mafia's advantage, but early game we are more likely to do more harm than good.

Plus, from a player standpoint, it's no fun being lynched off of nothing before even getting the chance to expierence a proper round.
DRTJR approves this post.

as the Unlucky bastard who was hanged first round twice I am in support of the No vote

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm

I concur, the cobra commander deserves at least a round to express his suspicions. Say no to lynching... at least on the first day.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top