TWBB Mafia 4: Affiliations - Episode 7

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 4: Affiliations - Episode 7

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:33 am

Wow Hans, nice to ruin the game for yourself.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am

This game was fun, though I died so early.

I really want to host the next game, actually, so please put me down on the list.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:10 am

smashbro you are a wordsmith

Anyway
Role: Cult member
Affiliation: Cult
Character: Falco

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:23 am

Yea, I was Luigi, Head Mason. I could only talk to those I had recruited.

And if I recruited Mafia, I would die. So I figured I would recruit whoever, and if I randomly died, we at least knew one Mafia. I was like Kamikazi.

And it worked. Though multiple times I SHIT MY PANTS because Avalanche and ESPECIALLY DUMBASS TD are too trusting. They got fed a lot of bullshit.

Luckily, My brother was smarter than that most the time. I think this games Townie medal goes to my Bro Mario. Without-a him, you guys would not have had a strong townie force, and I would have-a died in vain.

And Quatem was a good player, but he talked too much. I read only like 5 percent of his posts, because it was boring. And long posts scream MAFIA unless it is in the version of an inspirational monologue.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:25 am

I gotta say, Avalanche really was the one who unified the townies on this one. I must say, with 5 survivors left, in a game like this, the mafia really put up quite the fight.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:46 am

Wow. This was an awesome game, defeat or no. I want to thank smashbro for giving me an awesome character and an awesome role (I'm sure you'll all find out soon enough. Needless to say, when smash posts the link to our private forum you'll find my role will make all my actions in the first couple days make twice as much sense.) Preemptively I want to apologize to you, Hans, for letting you take the blame in Weldar's death. That would be my fault, as I made it my duty to do everything you could to not target SnakeInABox. That said, I did do everything I could to get you after Surge, so not using your ability was still your fault :p.

Avalanche played like a beast, but I want to point out that Surge and Weldar started the alliance (which when Avalanche took charge I affectionately named Avalanche's Alliance :p). Had Weldar lasted for longer, I wouldn't have been surprised if we lost earlier simply because he was helping to gather townies, and when the rest of us were dead he would have eventually been singled out the way I was, as someone likely to be lying about his role. Avalanche, I didn't want to nightkill you because I knew that if I could keep you thinking I was innocent I'd be able to last until the end, or nearly so. The only problem with this was td260's screencap, which made him look a lot more valid.

IMO, the three biggest mistakes the mafia made this game are as follows:

1) Killing darkfalco when we did. I was thinking of hitting MENTOK that night and had noticed Avalanche's pattern of being drunk every other night but forgot to mention it in time. Had MENTOK died that night the coast would have likely been clear, simply because TheTJ and Spont wouldn't have been scanned and both did look much more suspicious than JGH, and I think I did pretty well myself to appear innocent until JGH's roleclaim proved I was probably lying. It could have been worse though; I was initially given the suggestion that I claim to be Wario, the Survivor, but I had the feeling he was probably in the game already so I switched to Fox.

2) Not our mistake, but the game was pretty much ended for me when JGH made that last second post.

3) A few individual actions. I waited too long to get in contact with Avalanche (although this was at Weldar's insistance), Minby's sudden claims that there was another don were too convenient, and as I said when I voted against him his post at the beginning of Episode 6 was too typical of a mafia player. He played like a demon though. I'm going to say right now it was awesome working with you Minby Smile. Also, had Hans used his daykill, Episode 7 would have been the only day I needed to survive, not the second to last. We also wouldn't have wasted any time targeting Surge. That extra nightkill might have managed to eliminate DRTJR or one of Avalanche's other followers.

I'm tired right now, but I'll be back to clear things up a bit tomorrow.

Last edited by Quaetam on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:51 am

Oh, thats right, Q! I forgot about your role!

So technically, you did win after all!

And yea, Hans should have killed me. If he had, My alliance with Avalanche would have been cut short, breaking Dark and DRTJR out of that group for a night or so, and keeping Weldar under cover.

But whatev, doesn't matter now, does it? Very Happy

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 am

If Weldar had stayed undercover, I think we might have lost anyways, because he was gathering townies around him. That would have preserved his cover but the three of us (me, Minby, and Hans) would ahve been screwed sooner or later, and backup cop would have probably been picked up on as easy to pretend to be.

When exactly did you guys tame Squirtle? Learning of that development surprised me more than almost anything else in this game (and gave me more regret than anything else-we really shouldn't have killed DarkFalco when we did.)

I'm guessing that Ansem, as yoshi, got Vigilante powers with the death of his master Wario. That was what I was afraid had happened, but with the death of Falco, meaning the Vig could have been Fox.
(EDIT: This also explains why our kill on Ansem failed a few nights back-he was protected by Avalanche, wasn't he?)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 am

Quaetam wrote:I'm guessing that Ansem, as yoshi, got Vigilante powers with the death of his master Wario. That was what I was afraid had happened, but with the death of Falco, meaning the Vig could have been Fox.
(EDIT: This also explains why our kill on Ansem failed a few nights back-he was protected by Avalanche, wasn't he?)
Ansem got Vigilante powers from SC, on the last night phase, but never got a chance to use them due to ow his character works. And his original affiliation was ??? (Not even just "None" like the other 4 non-aligned). The one time that the kill on Ansem failed was because he got a Doc egg from Avalanche a few nights before. it'll make more sense when I post roles.

Edit: And Squirtle was tamed on night 2, out of the blue. I left a lot of variable in this game like switching affiliations, and recruiting people, and Squirtle was found fast (unfortunately from my point of view). But then again, the mafia found Minby on night one.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 am

I just loved the little coincidences in this game. Needless to say I have been very lucky.

Luigi comes in contact with Mario, Mario comes in contact with his Yoshi, Red comes in contact with his Squirtle. Anyways, I was the drunken doctor. The drunken part indicates that I needed to mess up words in my post. I believe TD actually tried to correct them. The mafia played very well, and I'm impressed how quick you guys decided to sacrifice Hans. Specially Qeuatam voted for Hans very quickly, which made me pretty much certain of his innocense till the last day.

(I never even went to medical school)

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:52 am

Alright, as promised, here are all 20 roles. But first, let me go over the number in each affiliation when the game started.
None: 4
Townie: 9
Mafia: 4
Cult: 2
???: 1

~DarkFalco
Role: Psychopath
Affiliation: None
Character: Squirtle

Recently escaped from Petal Meadows along with Kirby, your corrupted feral nature has taken over your sanity. You thrive on killing, and thus seek a victim every night to kill. You win by being the sole survivor. Have fun with this role.

This was the first role I confirmed for the game. Some people said they would have been surprised if I didn’t include Squirtle. Well, yeah, I had to include him and what better than to make him the Serial Killer? I figured it’d fit since he was not totally same in the series. She didn’t know that there was a psychiatrist and looking back, kinda wish there wasn’t. DarkFalco cause a lot of chaos in the first couple days. She was a victim of a mafia kill, but after she was neutralized and made a townie.

~JGH27
Role: Survivor
Character: Wario

You have no ties to any group, whether they be the mafia, or innocent townies. Your only goal is to survive, no matter what. You can be the only alive at the end with a few mafians and still win. You win when a group meets their requirements to win. Have fun being the Greedy Guido Bastard.

Another role I wanted to include. I had hopes that he’d win, but that didn’t happen. J never got into Avalanche’s inner circle and was sacrificed. Also, had J been recruited by a mason or cult leader, he would still win even if say he was the last of either group alive and the mafia won.

~Fobby
Role: Jester
Character: Waluigi

I love RNG. You win by being lynched. If you are alive at the end of the game, or die via night kill, you lose.

Talk about the perfect role for Fobby. He was killed by DarkFalco on night 1. Also, even if he was lynched, the game would not have ended right then. He would have just been a winner and not the winner. I wasn't real creative with back stories on the first roles I was sending out, sorry guys.

~Raya
Role: Lyncher
Character: Solid Snake

Despite the chaos and turmoil the kingdom has been thrown into, there is only one thought on your mind: To see the one you hate dead. Since you cannot kill overnight, you try to see that this person meets his end with a noose. You win if your Lynchee victim gets lynched, and lose if he is killed by any other means. He is not aware that he is the victim, use this to your advantage.
Your Victim: Avalanche91 Hang him high!

The last of the non-affiliated. Raya did her best to try to get avalanche, but after a few days, he was too protected. The target being on avalanche wasn’t random. I made Mario the target before roles were sent. Raya was killed via vigilante kill (who fucked up her box). Razz

~DRTJR
Role: Psychiatrist
Affiliation: Pro-Town
Character: Red

As the Kingdom started going to shit, you quickly found a friend whom you can trust. Luigi (played by SnakeInABox), one of the remaining citizens with a good heart, is trying to bring other innocents together. You have no restrictions when it comes to PMing SnakeInABox, but standard restrictions apply to anyone else. Also, with the recent escape of two members at Petal Meadows Asylum, you can't help but search for your old friend. Everyone knows one of the escapees was Kirby, but few know of the other. You suspect that some of the random killings may be his doing, but you're the only one that can bring this Squirtle back to his senses. Every night, you can scan a player, and if it's Squirtle, then you have found your friend and he becomes a townie. When you either find Squirtle, or he is killed, you become the doctor, able to protect and heal the wounds of any of your friends.

What Squirtle would be complete without Red? :3 As I said before, DRTJR had the luck of finding her on night 2. Btw, I made her night kill go through that night, THEN have her neutralized. Also, considering what went down in this game, it was OP to have DRTJR becom a full-time doc after he found squirtle. I thought with the close to 2:1 townie to mafia ratio, that the help would be needed, but no. Thing is, DRTJR never did send me night choices on who to protect, so in the end it worked out. He was not a backup. There was speculation of this on the mafia forum, and I’m not sure how that got started.

~Mentok
Role: Cop
Character: Link

Even heroes need a chance at redemption. The disorder and random killings has allowed you to make a new resolve: protect and serve those that are innocent, and restore the Kingdom back to a state of peace. You have the power to scan one person every night. You can also PM only those you have scanned.

Not much really to note. He scanned Viero on night 2, which pretty much signaled the beginning of the end to the cult. I don’t remember how exactly he got together with Avalanche.

~SnakeInABox
Role: Mason Recruiter
Character: Luigi

You stand boldly gathering as many fellow townies as you can against the city's horrors. Your power is that you get the recruit other players in your pro-town group called the Masons, which currently consists of just you. A secret role, unbeknownst to other players, you can only PM those you have assembled in your group, but once you do, there isn't a limit on the number you can send. You can recruit any members that have been recruited by the cult leader, and same for him vice versa. If you try to recruit a mafia member, you die. Good luck.

Snake was I think the only one I told in his role PM that there was a cult, which really shouldn’t have been hard to gather as I did say there may be one when I ran for game mod. I did not say I would add a mason recruiter, but I did. Masons and Cultists were the main roles of Affiliations, but too bad both recruiters died early. Avalanche was his first recruit. Snake was the runner of the alliance in the beginning, but when he died trying to recruit Weldar, Avalanche took over.

Those are the first 7 roles. Instead of making one suuuuuper long post, I’m gonna break it up into three.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:09 am

Raya you sneaky sneaky bastard Razz Foxes never lose their tricks do they?
She bloody told me that Surge was her target.

As for getting in contact with Mentok...I believe he sended out the PM first....he scanned Surge the first night due to surge's drawing power, second day Surge and I more or less teamed up, Mentok assumed I could be trusted...I think

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:10 am

niiice, we won Very Happy

and muwhaha, i knew i had to protect myself Very Happy
i wanted to try something new, so i went super aggressive and jump on everyone my master avalanche voted.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:11 am

yeah yeah, -pseudo sexual master/pet game joke here-, I know it..

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:12 am

Raya did a lot of lying. Not just to you, but to the mafia as well.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:44 am

Roles Part 2 (The rest of the townie-starting roles)

~SurgePox
Role: Lightning Rod
Character: Pikachu

All alone you are, without a trainer to guide you. But you wild instincts kick in and you can defend yourself. Though you look like an adorable pocket monster, you have a power that can throw off other players’ momentum. Your lightning rod ability redirects all night actions to you instead of their intended targets. You aid on the side of the townies, but with the recent tragic loss of your little friend, you find it hard to trust people and thus may only send 3 PMs a day.

Quite a useful role. Also, I added Pikachu because I don’t think he was ever included in previous games. First night he used this for the detective. Second night he used this on the doctor on the one night that Avalanche’s protection was successful (more on that later), which was good, cause he was the mafia’s target that night. Third night, it seemed that he got into a plan with Avalanche where Av would protect him and Surge would redirect the mafia kill onto him. Unfortunately for Surge, Avalanche got drunk that night and Surge died. How’s that for balancing, Minby? Yes, the roles got together, but there was that mechanic that made it not broken.

~Avalanche91
Role: Doctor
Character: Mario

Even though your medical license has been revoked, you can feel that you are still able to protect those around you. With the recent disappearance of mama Peach, you have fallen into a depressed state and resorted to getting drunk, but you can still do what's necessary to protect those around you, right? Also, because you are drunk, try to jumble up or misplace a couple words every now and then in your posts. Nothing blatantly obvious.
Ex: "What seems to be the officer, problem?"
You are coherent, just tend to have a stumble when you talk now and then.

Though I never explicitly stated it, Avalanche figured out he was the drunk doctor. What I didn’t tell him was that he had a 25% chance of being a successful doc each night, and 75% of getting wasted. I did this by flipping two coins and both had to be heads. He was only successful on night two, which helped both SurgePox, and later Ansem.

~TheTJ
Role: Vengeful Townie
Character: Diddy Kong

Once a feared gang member-turned-henchman, you now work for no boss. With the kingdom in chaos, and unaware of where DK is, you try to team up with those innocent in order to survive. You will never part with your glock, your only means of defense. It has only one shot left, which you may use should you choose to take revenge out on anyone that voted to lynch you. This can only happen right as you are about to get lynched though.

TheTJ was killed via vigilante. He was also scanned twice. Once by Ansem on night 4, and then the night after by Mentok (cause mentok forgot to send me a scan choice on night 4).

~Spontaneous Combustion
Role: Vigilante
Character: Samus

The bounty that stands for what is right, you wish to see the Kingdom back into a time that reminds you of when it was peaceful. You are quick to protect your friends, thus you have the power to kill anyone you may find threatening. You been to and lived though many dangerous ordeals on distance planets. Let's see if you can survive when the threat is close to home.

And survive he did. On night 3, he originally wanted to target Mentok, but chose to abstain from killing instead. Had he killed Mentok that night, the game would have been a little easier on the mafia. Night 4 he targeted Sahrimnir, Night 5 was Raya, and Night 6 was TheTJ. IN the end, he was a help for Avalanche’s cause, even though he wasn’t really in his inner circle (at least I don’t think). Also, something you may or may not have noticed, but I never went into the “in-the-moment” details in anyone of SC’s kills. All of his victims were found the morning after. Part of this was to make his night kills a bit unique, the other was because I was getting lazy at all this friggen writing.

~td260
Role: CSI Agent
Character: Marth

You are the police force's finest investigator. Well, was, until the kingdom went to hell. Your skills will not go to waste, however, during each day (not night) you have the power to analyze a dead body and find out their role. How important this role can be considering there are no role reveals.

Not much of a game changing role, but something useful. The mafia found out the roles of other players through td.

~Sahrimnir
Role: The Big Goon (Derived from the Saulus/Vampire role)
Affiliation:Pro-Town but can change to Pro-Mafia
Character: DK
(wow, I forgot to include that in the PM I sent him)
There was once a time when you were the villain that stood against the heroes. Since your downfall, however, you haven't been seen as much of a threat, and have instead always been a hired hand for dons and gang leaders. But the current chaos has left you without an employer, and thus you vie to help the town. However, should a certain power come and seek you out for your services, your intentions may change. You are also not allowed to PM anyone at anytime. Feel free to read whatever you receive though.

This was one of the players the mafia could have recruited. But this never happened, and I think most of us forgot he was in the game (seriously, I did and I have everyone and their roles affiliations organized on an Excel file).

End of Part 2.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:52 am

Spontaneous Combustion eventually became part of the inner circle though I kept a close eye on him...Something about the vigilante role makes me a little on edge, considering how easy it can be for a mafian to pose as it. in fact to make our victory foolproof I had him target TD (for the off chance he could photoshop his pm) and Ansem who copied SC's power target SC just in case, leaving 3 people I was 100% certain to be innocent alive..

yes I can be a dick, but hell its efficient

also wtf I didnt know I only had a 25% succes rate....I just assumed I protected first, got wasted after

Last edited by Avalanche91 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:05 am

Victory. Yes.

SEE YOU NEXT MISSION

Also, I was a worse townie killer than DarkFalco. I like to shoot first and ask questions later.

I like how even after SnakeInABox died the masons never did.
Also, a fun game, although I have to say that maybe we had a few too many third parties. Luckily it didn't really become a total clusterfuck, though, because Squirtle got tamed and and the cult died pretty early.

And I think it would have totally made sense if Surge would have been Raya's target. You know, Mei Ling wants Snake to catch a Pikachu for her. Ha.
I'm up for the next game, whether it be hosting or playing.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:33 am

Roles Part 3. (Mafia, Cult, and Ansem)

~Minby_Aran
Role: Traitor
Affiliation: Maifa
Character: Lakitu

You have always been around to aid the citizens of the mushroom kingdom as the main informant with you news reports. However, with your news station destroyed, you are out on your own and have resorted to aiding the mafia. You should be ashamed, turning your back on the people that trust you. You know who's in the mafia, but they don't know where you are. Mafia members are Quaetam, Hans, and Weldar. Not many left, but they will need your help. You win if they win, and lose if they lose. You are also not allowed to PM anyone at anytime. Feel free to read whatever you receive, though. Good luck, traitor.

The mafia targeted him on Night 1, which officially recruited him and gave him mafia forum access. Minby did a good job of getting info out of other players. Final speech was written by him.

~Quaetam
Role: Mafia Usurper
Affiliation: Mafia
Character: Gannondorf

Here you are, the Shadow Don. Patiently have you waited to take over the mushroom Kingdom and rule with power. But winning back the kingdom with your fellow mafians is not enough for you. Your goal is to also take out the Godfather (in this case, Godmother). When she dies via lynch or other means, it does not matter. If by the end of the game, the mafia wins, and the Godmother is still alive, you lose. However, if you want to lynch her, you may not want to be quick to do so quickly. You may need her if you are going to take back the kingdom. She is also not aware that you are targeting her.
Your target is the Godmother, Princess Zelda.

Hey Weldar and other mafia scum, did you ever know about Quaetam’s REAL role? Zelda was lynched, but Mafia lost, so in the end Quaetam didn’t win. Quaetam had himself almost clean of suspicion... until the end when Avalanche had narrowed down choices after knowing who he could trust. He and Minby gave it their all and fought hard when it came down to them two. Too bad they didn’t make it to episode 10.

~Weldar
Role: Godmother (Same function as Godfather)
Character: Zelda

Excuse me, Princess, but weren't you once the leader of the once-great nation of Hyrule? So sorry you kingdom went to shit. Now look: The Mushroom Kingdom is going to hell too! I'll bet you're just ecstatic about this; a chance to reclaim your kingdom. Anyway, as Godmother, you appear to be innocent of any crimes should you be investigated at anytime. How great for you to act maliciously against the town and appear to be scot-free, you deceitful bitch.

Weldar got screwed over when SIAB tried to recruit him. Too bad, cause it would have been helpful to appear innocent. If only Hans had gotten around to killing SIAB.

~Hans
Role: Assassin
Character: Ness

Apparently I never saved the PM for his, so I don’t remember what I put for his back story. Something about being twisted and a corrupted child. And his ability where he can kill during the day if he so chooses.

This game could have been completely different had Hans had gotten in his daytime kill. It was going to be SIAB, but he wanted to make the kill last minute, and was cutting it close. I locked the thread at 10:00PM and by then it was just too late.

~Warchamp7
Role: Cult member
Character: Falco

Life in the immigrant district was never easy. What little of a home you had there is gone, along with your friends, and you have wandered the streets aimlessly. The chaos of the city hasn't made you less twitchy. As if summoned by fate, you came across an odd spaceman and found solace in his preachings of salvation. Thus, you are Olimar's (played by Viero) first follower. You cannot PM anyone outside of the cult. It is forbidden to communicate privately with the nonbelievers! Feel free to read whatever gets sent to you though. However, you may send as many PMs as you'd like to those in the cult.

When Viero was killed, all Warchamp really wanted to do was find the mafia before he died. And he knew who they were, not sure how, but he did. He had no chance of winning after Viero died. You’re all Lemmings.

~Viero
Role: Cult Leader
Character: The Spaceman, Olimar

Where are you from? You just appeared as if from nowhere in the immigrant and preached your path to salvation with the mixed potions or drinks from your plant. Wait, are they alive? I can hear their screams of pain, how horrible! Anyway, you are the rumored Spaceman organizing you own cult of enlightenment. Recruiting is done during the night phase. Just select the player (you send me your choice), and I will PM him or her telling them they are now a cult member. You can only PM those you have assembled in your group, but once you do, there isn't a limit on the number of PMs you can send. Also, if the person you recruit has a special role, then they get to keep that role or power. If you try to recruit a mafia member, you die. You cannot recruit on consecutive nights, however, you already have a follower: Warchamp7, taking the role of Falco. Good luck on you path to salvation.

Viero was against this role when I ran for game mod, and ended up with the role. Funny how RNG works. Viero didn’t recruit anyone on Day 1. On day 2, he went for SIAB, but he died. Oh, and I decided before hand that the recruiters (mason and cult) could not recruit the other. I think people were worried that if there would be a cult group, they’d be overpowered. In retrospect, I think the cult was underpowered. Maybe if I had set it to where Warchamp takes over as recruiter. That alone could have changed up the game.

~Artiste Ansem
Role: Runaway Yoshi
Affiliation: ???
Character: Yoshi

Oh dear. The world around you has gone to hell and amidst the chaos and discord, and you don't know what to do. Every day is constant fleeing from the horrors around you since you were separated from your owner. Poor little Yoshi, all scared and alone. But don't worry, there are plenty of citizens that are frightened themselves and will probably take you as a friend if they see that you are more afraid of them than they are of you.

This is probably the most unique role in play. You aren't on the side of anyone. You pretty much are waiting for someone to take you in. Here's how this works. You aren't allowed to PM anyone. However, whoever is the first person to PM you, immediately contact me. I will then tell you what that person's character is (but not role) and who they are affiliated with (townie, mafia, ect.). I may PM that person as well. At this point, you will be able to freely PM this person (and this person only; better keep him alive), and you will become affiliated with his or her side and try to help them win. If a mafia member PMs you first, then I will just give you the link their discussion forum. You win by either surviving or if the side that takes you in wins.

Here's another bonus. Hungry Yoshi is Hungry, right? You also have a sort of copy ability in that during one night phase you can choose a person and eat** their ability, and then this ability will be stored in the form of an egg. Then this egg can be use later and you get to use this power for one time only. However, you cannot eat an ability and use an egg in the same night, but you can store eggs, which may or may not be a good thing to do. Also, there are certain roles that will give you a useless egg, which basically means you got nothing out of it.

**Eating a person to take their ability is like a figure of speech. You don't really eat them, you just get to use their role ability (should they have one) once.

Have fun with this. I think this role is a good way to keep things balanced without making any changes. I just hope what I'm saying isn't too complicated. Also, depending on how things turn out I reserve the right to modify your role ever so slightly. (Example: Say you become a townie, and all the townies die except for you. Since there are no townies left for you to help, I may just make to a runaway Yoshi again and you will have no affiliation again.)

I basically kinda made up this character on the spot. After I sent out roles to people, I never sent one to Ansem. Apparently I never added his name to the list of players when things were getting set up. So, he got this role. Ansem was completely up for grabs, and Avalanche claimed him as he was the first to PM him. This then brought Avalanche out from being kinda quiet to being an active player. On night 2, Ansem chose to eat Avalanche, and since this was the one night Avalanche was successful, Ansem got a doc egg good for one use. On night 5, the mafia targeted Ansem, and he used this egg then, which saved his life and screwed over the mafia in another way. Night 1 he got a dud egg. Night 3 was a cop egg from mentok. Night 4 he used said cop egg, and night 6 was a night kill egg from SC, but that didn’t matter.

Yeah, so that’s all the roles.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closing statement

Post  Smashy B on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:45 am

This is the last time I double post in this thread. But here are my closing words and thoughts.

Again, affiliations were to be the central theme of the game. Players could have been recruited between affiliations; sides could have been changed… but the recruiters died early. Still, it was an element that made this game different from the past.

Overally, I think the game was balanced, but there are a few tweaks that could have happened:
- Make the cult a little more powerful by passing on recruitment duties after death. Maybe they just had bad luck, but Warchamp stood 0 chance to win it for them after the SK kill on Viero and I feel bad.
- Start off the game where the Mason recruiter does not already have someone in his group.
- Maybe limit the number of PMs even more. I was not expecting players to be as aggressive as they were with PMs this game.
- Just let DarkFalco kill more people. It would have been fun for her and for me as well. :B
- DRTJR's role would yield no Doc powers. Again, I had this before, because if you look at when the game started, 9 Townies and 4 Mafia. About 2:1. Part of the thing that made Avalanche effective even though his success rate was crap was the psychological aspect.

Ok… I do not want to be the game mod for a good while. I loved being the game mod, but holy crap, I wrote a lot, and I'm up either way too late or way too early right now. This was a lot of fun. Big thanks to all 20 of you for playing and allowing me to run this. Now I look forward to playing.

Warchamp7 wrote:smashbro you are a wordsmith
:3

Btw: Here's the mafia's forum: http://smashbro815.proboards.com/index.cgi
Yes, I made it noir Squirtle themed. And the pic at the top was kind of a hint that Squirtle was the SK, but I don't think the mafia ever picked up on that.

Last edited by smashbro on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:51 am

D'aaw I'm not that naive guys Suspect I was planning on backstabbing both TD and SC if Q wasn't the final kill.

and thanks Minby, but I am pretty sure Weldar, Raya and SIAB are better Razz even with a pretty hard role like hers Raya manages to keep pretty cool, and lets not forget the knife in the back she gave Smash last game....that was pretty damn epic.

Queatam played very well to in hindsight. Not being very active but voting on mafians a lot was definatly a good play style.

Surge would be good too... just had the bad luck that mods are popular targets.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:24 am

Yes master,

you were backstabbing, i was drawing attention to me, and i KNEW i would get targeted on night 5, i knew it Very Happy
suckerzz.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:38 am

Screw you Hans and screw you SnakeInABox. The fact that you were sort of trying to find mafian actually makes me feel a little better. Dieing as a mafia because you were doing a good job of looking innocent is pure bullshit. Good game townies, though some of it was luck, losing half our players in 3 days really crippled the mafia. And the teams were almost quite different...

I quite liked the Yoshi role smashbro, good idea. That's what I like seeing in games, creative ideas for role that are outside the norm. And 1 comment.

smashbro wrote:
- Make the cult a little more powerful by passing on recruitment duties after death. Maybe they just had bad luck, but Warchamp stood 0 chance to win it for them after the SK kill on Viero and I feel bad.

I definitely agree that the cult was underpowered but I think this solution shoots them to the opposite end of the spectrum. Having recruitment duty keep passing on can make them just as bad, if not strong than the actual mafia.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 am

Well, it was a hell of a game. Sorry for having to play all of you (special apology for TD, who I was almost totally in control of at some points) But Quaetam was awesome to work with, and if the ratio had been more in our favor, like if we got Sahrimnir, we probably could have won, but meh. Also, Quaetam gets props for epic death speech.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:44 am

yes, forgot to mention, excellent playing, for all the sides really. Avalanche deserves a lot of credit, keeping us together and happy, and he and Quetam are both prime candidates for "the best maffia-player" around. you guys are golden, honestly.

and i liked my role as well, it was a nice twist, and an epic coincidence that Av found me, as mario Very Happy

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top