What a piece of work is a man....

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What a piece of work is a man....

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Its a cute song. I just don't like how is sounds, and the babbling is pretty annoying

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MementoMori on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh, Spelling Bee...'Twill be interesting show, indeed. Enjoyed the song, btw

I'm so ready to do another musical, but alas, I shall probably have to wait until May-ish, when the theatre does "Hello, Dolly!".

MementoMori
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm

¿Señior Poopy Water? wrote:Its a cute song. I just don't like how is sounds, and the babbling is pretty annoying

He has a finger puppet, and is like, stomping around acting like a bloody lunatic.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Just literally got off stage at my UIL OAP competition. Will update with awards and who advances. With me broken legs!

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Not exactly actual theater, but the school band is playing some music from Phantom of the Opera for our spring concert this year. It will be simply awesome, I've loved Phantom's music for a long time.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:07 am

Nice! Update, got an acting award, and we advanced to the next level.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 pm

I typed this long ass post on Facebook that was a summary of my Favorite Musical Assassins, I figured I would post it here too. The entire musical for you to listen to!

Here's a full synopsis. Show opens on a booth. "Shoot a President, win a prize." The Proprietor (I had the honor of playing him, directed by 27 state champion Larry Wisdom) waits. As Assassins enter the scene, he sings, trying to coax them into "Playing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHCgjmueEgY

John Wilkes Booth (Killed Lincoln) awaits in a barn, after escaping the Ford Theatre. The Balladeer, Neil Patrick Harris, serves as a sort of Narrator for the 4 successful assassins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkMfeDfqRk0&feature=related

All Assassins are drinking in a bar. Charles Guiteau, assassin of President Garfield, toasts. Guisseppi Zangara, failed assassin of President Roosevelt, laments over his lack of nutrition.
So he attempts to Assassin Roosevelt over it! He fails, and people sing about it. He gets the chair. How sad Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLl5Ec2E8Pg&feature=related

Switch over to Leon Czolgosz, Assassin of William McKinley, time. Anarchist Emma Goldman gives an empowering speech. Leon laments over the number of hard laborers it takes to make a gun, and he sings a song about guns with John Wilkes Booth, Charles Guitteau, and Sara Jane Moore (She attempted to kill President Ford) After all this is said and done, Leon is convinced he should.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo-Wdyxk_68&feature=related

Try to kill McKinley at the Great Pan American Expedition in Buffalo. He succeeds! And Neil Patrick Harris narrates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb1fWW17bnY&feature=related

Switch over to John Hinckley, attempted assassin of Reagan. He is obsessed with Jodie Foster, Actress. He thinks he can win her love by assassinating the president. Joining him in the song is Squeaky Fromme, Attempted assassin of Ford. She is obsessed with her lover, Charlie Mason. She thinks she can win his love by assassinating the president. Deja Vu? Btw, all of this actually happened. Anyway, Hinckley tries to kill Reagan, it totally doesn't work. lolololololol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAt7J2NLMUg&feature=related

Sara Jane Moore and Charles Guitteau talk for a bit, and Charles decides to ask President Garfield if he can be Ambassador to France. Things don't work, and Garfield totally gets offed. Neil Patrick Harris comes as the Balladeer, and sings with Guitteau as he is about to get hung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8omQpWati8&feature=related

My Favorite Assassin, Sam Byck. He is on his way to the Airport. He plans to Hijack a plane and fly it into the White House, killing Nixon (It fails, btw.) He monologues about life, and shit. Its beautiful. Lot of bad words, so wear headphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdmVdk-oc0&feature=related

All of the Assassins come together and sing their own National Anthem, and whatevs. Neil Patrick Harris tries singing some sense into them, they overpower him with their Assassininess, and he leaves. Yes, the Balladeer is gone. And in comes.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_9mGal1kc&feature=related

Lee Harvey Oswald. assassin of President J.F.K. Thats right, As Oswald is about to off himself, John Wilkes Booth and the other Assassins appear before him and talk him into killing Kennedy instead. (Admittedly, this is like, the one part in this musical that didn't happen in real life.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMVnLSAmSvs&feature=related

U.S. Citizens remember exactly what was happening to them when they heard the president was assassinated. I didn't like this song at first, but there really is a beauty to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUZKZgAK2-c&feature=related

Finally the Assassins get their last word. Everybody's Got The Right To Be Happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8hTuWMrbQ&feature=related

Any other info you want can be found on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_%28musical%29

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Bump for raya

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Thank you kindly Snake~

I was after this thread because they've recently released an updated version of my favourite musical, The War of the Worlds. I bought it, but...I can't say I'm a huge fan. Updated seems to be 'add some more electronic synths to the score'. They've also slightly changed the words in places which, since I've listened to the original album so many times, I find really jarring. I'm so used to certain lines it's like hearing bum notes. They've also replaced Richard Burton, the voice of the Narrator, with Liam Neeson. Wrrrrrrrryyyyyy. Richard Burton was freaking awesome as the Narrator, Liam Neeson just sounds a bit bored about this whole Martian invasion thing.

Final complaint, they really didn't do my favourite song justice. It's 'The Spirit of Man', a duet between an insane parson who believes the Martians are demons sent from Hell and his wife who believes there's still hope for mankind. This is the original:

If I ever auditioned for something I would totally sing the part of the Parson. I might be guilty of singing it as crazily as he does when I'm alone in the house Razz

The new version has someone else as the Parson, and he's a lot weaker and more defeated. He's not the firebrand preacher screaming that his flock didn't listen. There's not nearly the same passion or the insanity. Listen for yourself.

Well, TWotW: The New Generation isn't bad if you've never heard TWotW before, but if you're a fan like me it's not all that great. Not terrible but not as good as the original.

On the subject, what are everyone elses' favourite musicals and songs?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Well, lately I've been listening to a bunch of Shinedown and a little of this artist I recently found, Haina Lee, though apparently she changed it to Haina Zdunek. No matter. Examples being
Spoiler:

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Guess what I'm going to see for the second time?

Walking With Dinosaurs Live! I can't wait. If it ever comes to your area GO AND SEE IT, it's absolutely mindblowing.

I'm taking my Grandad this year, and he's so excited he's like a little kid :3

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 pm

"La la la la la la- this one's for world peace!- la la la la la la."

I don't see any shows for years then suddenly I see loads at once. Saw Walking with Dinosaurs again, loved it of course. Today I went to see Eurobeat, a musical about Eurovision.

I honestly don't know what the fuck I watched.

It's basically a comedy parody/pisstake of Eurovision. The contest is being held in Sarajevo(!) and 10 countries are competing ("If your home country isn't taking part, it's not that you are bad people, it's just that your song is rubbish"). Each entry is a parody of their country (Sweden have an Abba girl group, Iceland have Bjork on crack etc) and the show is presented by two people with the worst Balkans accent I have ever heard. It's very big on audience participation, with everyone being encouraged to clap along and wave flags. Best thing though is that everybody gets to vote for the winner! At the start everyone is randomly assigned a country and just before the interval you get to text in your votes to determine the winner. Iceland won at the show I saw.

It was...strange. I didn't think it was much good at the start, but then the songs went completely insane and it really picked up. I think I might have pulled the crooner from Ireland; I was given Ireland and waved the flag throughout his entire song. He constantly made eye contact with me to the point of being creepy. Ireland should've won, but I certainly didn't mind losing to Iceland. They had the best lyrics of the night:

"Get ooooooout.
Get ooooooout.
And if you come back again
I'll beat you and take your shoes."

So...yeah. It was a bit hit and miss, but was largely hit. Too many double-entendres, a few duff songs, but overall it was silly, OTT and a fun evening.

Snake, get your troupe to perform it, I bet you could totally be Poland Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Americans hold absolutely zero interest in anything eurovision

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri May 24, 2013 5:10 pm

So a local theatre company redid Pokemon Live!

This was a while ago but it was still rad. They kept it fairly faithful, but geared it more towards people my age who probably would've wanted to see the original Pokemon Live! - i.e. Misty climbing on top of Ash when singing Misty's Song, James having a huge thing for Brock, Giovanni and Delia's relationship getting more attention (and Giovanni being Ash's father - a thing which was definately NOT the case in the original), plus swearing, which was great for the people who brought their 6 year olds. Razz

I hope they do it again sometime.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Americans hold absolutely zero interest in anything eurovision

I suspect a lot of the jokes and casual racism would go over your head anyway Razz

Doctor Shemp wrote:So a local theatre company redid Pokemon Live!

I'd have absolutely loved to go see that. It's a shame they never made any official DVD of it, all I've been able to find are clips filmed by people in the audience.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Raya wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:Americans hold absolutely zero interest in anything eurovision

I suspect a lot of the jokes and casual racism would go over your head anyway Razz

Probably. Considering the entire mess doesn't involve us in any way and there's absolutely no reason for us to give a fuck.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Probably. Considering the entire mess doesn't involve us in any way and there's absolutely no reason for us to give a fuck.

That was exactly your argument for turning up late to the WW2 party. Obviously we'll just have to send Jemini in to gatecrash American Idol in a musical Pearl Harbour or something...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue May 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Yeah, and we still won WW2, so I say we stick to our strategy.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue May 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Next year America will crash Eurovision and there'll be bald eagles, like, everywhere.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 pm

TheTJ wrote:Next year America will crash Eurovision and there'll be nul points, like, everywhere.

Fixed that for you.

I'm still really surprised there hasn't been an American version of Eurovision yet. I mean, the format is all there, except rather then countries you have the states competing. Granted it wouldn't be anywhere near as good (who's going to do something like Dancing Lasha Tumbai? Kansas?), but still, I bet it'd still get good viewing figures. And probably cause a second civil war with block voting, but oh well.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Raya, I think our version would pretty much be us trying not to look like freaks on stage. (minus a few exceptions)

And when it comes to states competing, that is what Handegg is for.

Side Note: Alabama kicks your ass in college handegg.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top