The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Use this thread for all things Fire Emblem.

I made a listing of all the Fire Emblem games in existence, skip if you feel like it. The first 5 Fire Emblem games are more likely the ones least played in America and are ones that I haven't played, so just a quick listing for them, with more details for the rest.

1. Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and Sword of Light (NES)
  2. Fire Emblem: Gaiden (NES) (Side quest game to Dark Dragon)
  3. Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (NES) (Sequel to Dark Dragon)
  4. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
  5. Fire Emblem: Tharcia 776 (SNES) (takes place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 of Holy War.)

6. Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (GBA) - Lord: Roy
Fire Emblem's first handheld outing. It was never officially released in English, but it received an excellent fan translation.

The continent of Elibe was once wrecked by a fierce war between man and dragon, known as the Scouring. Almost a thousand years later, a new war arises as the Kingdom of Bern unexpectedly invades the surrounding nations. When the invasion reaches Lycia, Roy, the young Lord of Pherae, decides to fight back Bern in his ailing father's place.

7. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (GBA) - Lords: Lyn, Eliwood, Hector
The first Fire Emblem game to be released in English and also a prequel to the previous title, Sword of Seals.

When the Marquess of Pherae goes missing, his son, Eliwood, leaves in search of him, along with his allies, Hector and Lyn. However things are made complicated when he discovers a conspiracy to overthrow Ostia as the head of the Lycian League. The trail for both his father and the conspirers leads him to the island of Valor, where he will meet his ultimate foe...

8. Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) - Lords: Erika and Ephraim
The second Fire Emblem game released in English. It has no direct connection to previous titles.

Twins Princess Eirika and Prince Ephraim star in this title, as they travel the continent of Magvel to stop the intentions of the Grado Empire. Some new gameplay mechanics (many of which were borrowed from Fire Emblem: Gaiden) feature in this title, notably branching promotions, the inclusion of monsters and the ability to traverse a world map.

9. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) - Lord: Ike
Released for the GameCube, Path of Radiance is the ninth Fire Emblem title and the first one to be in full 3D.

At the continent of Tellius, a land blessed by the Goddess Ashera, two different races exist- the Beorc (humans) and the Laguz (animal-like people). Ike, the main hero of this game, is a member of his father's mercenary group. When the Kingdom of Daein invades the peaceful nation of Crimea, Ike finds himself caught up in the conflict.

10. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) - Lords: No official main lord(s), but Micaiah, Queen Elincia, and Ike are the main leaders of there respected parts.
The sequel to Path of Radiance.

Three years have passed since the Kingdom of Daein invaded the neighbouring Kingdom of Crimea. Thanks to the efforts of a mercenary named Ike, Princess Elincia of Crimea was able to reclaim her land after defeating Daein in battle. Now the citizens of Daein are oppressed by the Begnion garrison and the Dawn Brigade strives to save them.

11. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) - Lord: Marth
The latest Fire Emblem; a DS remake of the very first game. It will be released in Europe on 5th December 2008 and in North America during the first half of 2009.

Long ago, the continent of Akaneia was invaded by the Durhua Empire, led by the Dark Dragon, Mediuth. Just when all hope seemed lost, the heroic Anri appeared and slayed Mediuth using the sword of light, Falchion. However, after a period of 100 years, Mediuth has resurrected. Now, Prince Marth of Aritia must fight to save Akaneia from Mediuth's new invasion.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Post  Eiron on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:57 pm

All hail Fire Emblem. I've only played the console games. Path of Radiance had a superior story but Radiant Dawn was more difficult and refined some of the battle mechanics. I wonder if Marth will speak English in the next Smash Bors. game, since Shadow Dragon will be released in the US.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Yeah, story wise, Path of Radiance beats out Radiant Dawn, but RD is IMO better overall and my favorite of the FEs. A couple of the things that made it were the bonus things like Battle expirience and the removable skills (BIG +). Also, RD kinda forced you to use a wider variety of characters with having the game split into parts, which provided difficulty and had me use characters that I would otherwise overlook. Also, RD has a better Endgame.

GBA wise, I' say that FE7 is superior to the others. It has the right amount of characters and a long and engaging story. FE6 is only obtainable in English through ROMS. *stops* Also, Roy is the worst out of all the Lords.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 am

x3, yay, a Fire Emblem thread!

Oh, and there is a fan translation of every FE that didn't come out in the States. If you want me to find the translation sites, I can easily do it for you. x3

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://dentsinthewall.wordpess.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:04 am

^YES PLEASE Very Happy

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Sadly, this is another franchise i was never in to.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:12 am

Okay. For some reason I can't find the actual patch of Gaiden (2), just ROMs with the patch, so you're on your own on that one. As for the rest:

FE1 (Scroll down to translation information)
FE3
FE4 (This thread also has a lot of interesting info about the game, too)
FE5
FE6 (there's actually a more complete one, but I can't find it now, sorry)

x3, there we go!

EDIT: Also, smashbro, if you want me to give you some info on the previous FEs, I'd be glad to. Yes, I'm a huge FE fangirl. I love you

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 pm

^YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

Thank you so very very much, you amazing person you. Very Happy

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:36 pm

You're welcome. I hope you have fun with them!

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:03 pm

gaiages wrote:EDIT: Also, smashbro, if you want me to give you some info on the previous FEs, I'd be glad to. Yes, I'm a huge FE fangirl. I love you
I'm in love I love you... Ahem. Yeah, I know where to get more info on the previous FEs, I was just too lazy to and they aren't really Fire Emblems that others here would be into playing off the bat.
Also, this is the patch I use for FE6. It has everything translated except for the opening menu.
Lastly: http://serenesforest.net/ This is where I go for all things Fire Emblem. I am also a member of the forums there, but not really active. (And yes, I copied/pasted the info on the FEs from there.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Oh man, I love that site. I don't go to their forums, though, but I check the forums the creator tends to frequent, though I've yet to make a single post. >.>

X3, that's the patch I use too, I just couldn't find it eariler. Thanks. x3

And, yeah, I guess you're right. It's usually better to start with the GBA ones, in my opinion. x3 Some of the eariler ones are... well, complicated.

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:08 am

Apparently, a friend of mine tells me that FE has one of the largest Yaoi followings of any franchise. O.o

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 am

Gorblax wrote:Apparently, a friend of mine tells me that FE has one of the largest Yaoi followings of any franchise. O.o
News to me. Gah! why must you taint the sanctity of the Emblem?!

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 am

Bwa ha ha! Now you know why Marth isn't wearing pants in the original FE.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:24 am

Don't make me lock my own topic.

Anyway... yeah, played some RD today. I'm on the chapter were you're in a cave/volcano. And my only 3rd teir person is Shinon. First time using him, since I normally go with Rolf, but I felt likr variety for this run through.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:42 am

Are you calling me out on a MODERATOR DUEL!? Surely these boards shall be split open with the fury of our epic battle.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:46 am

What are you talking about? When you became a mod you disappeared! What have you done?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 am

i lol'd.

On Topic:
Fire emblem eh? Might get Radiant Dawn for the Wii

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:48 am

Did I disappear... or TRAVEL FORWARD IN TIME, USING MY ULTRA-SPECIAL MOD POWERS!?

Unfortunately, here in the far future, Episode 2 of Brawl still isn't out. =(

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:54 am

Obento wrote:i lol'd.

On Topic:
Fire emblem eh? Might get Radiant Dawn for the Wii

Cool. Are you familiar with the series at all? And if you want, Path of Radiance for GC has a better story line, but RD has better features, like how Bonus EXP and skills are set up. And it's longer so more for your buck.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 am

Honestly, if you're new to the series, I suggest waiting for the remake of the original, coming soon.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:02 am

No, I'd go with FE7 since it was the first released in America and is one of the better ones.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:46 am

Not really fair, seeing how the GBA is all but extinct now.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:05 am

smashbro wrote:Don't make me lock my own topic.

Anyway... yeah, played some RD today. I'm on the chapter were you're in a cave/volcano. And my only 3rd teir person is Shinon. First time using him, since I normally go with Rolf, but I felt likr variety for this run through.

Jesus, Shinon is absolutely monstrous in this game. He kills everything he looks at. There is no escape. Plus, I love how Marksmen can shoot at anything from three spaces away. Nothing can counter them. Very Happy

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:59 am

The thing that always got me to using Rolf is that Rolf's HP and Strength growth are way higher than Shinon's, but Shinon caps Speed, Skill and Def quicker, and is less of a pain to raise , more so in PoR. Also, Snipers/Marksmen fuckin kick-ass in RD because of that and critical bonus. Snipers in the GBA games were overshadowed by others because they didn't have anything to make them stand out.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top