The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Post  Sonix! on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:17 pm

smashbro wrote:So like... we can play it?

Kinda beta-ish, but yea... More or less
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Sonix! wrote:
smashbro wrote:So like... we can play it?

Kinda beta-ish, but yea... More or less
I'm gonna try to remember to figure out how to convert it onto a readable format for my GBA Supercard and test it out this weekend then.

Edit: So I got it to work. 'Twas actually a lot easier to convert than I remember but it could have been that downloading the right software before was a pita. Anyway, I tested out the prologue and it works, and I'll be p[laying it this weekend while I'm away from home. (lol, sacred oreos).

One thing I saw: After the prologue when Sonix and Tombob are talking, there's an instance in the text where the original name Seth slips through. Something like "Don't worry, Seth, I wont give in to bloodrage." Not sure exactly.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal
Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:28 am

You're all welcome to an Updated BETA. Have fun. ;)

These have nothing to do with anything, but they're still FE related. ;)

Nomad Lord

And his Promotion, complete with BFS and BFB(Big Effin Bow)
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Awesome! Wait, is the nomad lord in the new beta (cause you said they weren't really related but i dunno.) If so, what "original" character is the Nomad Lord?

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal
Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 pm

smashbro wrote:Awesome! Wait, is the nomad lord in the new beta (cause you said they weren't really related but i dunno.) If so, what "original" character is the Nomad Lord?

If it was, don't you think I would have supplied the whole sheet, instead of a single frame?

Also....
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm

FE8 was awesome, FE7 was awesome, and I'm playing the fan translated FE6 now. the mage you get before lilina got RNG raped. He has 10 magic at level 19. Lilina has 20 magic, and is lvl 18. go figure.

(FYI, arena abuse, then insane leveling)
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:14 pm

td260 wrote:FE8 was awesome, FE7 was awesome, and I'm playing the fan translated FE6 now. the mage you get before lilina got RNG raped. He has 10 magic at level 19. Lilina has 20 magic, and is lvl 18. go figure.
Wow, you Lugh (I think that's his name) did get RNG raped. His magic is always never as good as Lilina's, but he makes up for it with speed, Skill, and Luck (IIRC). Also, there's another mage (Hugh, has purple hair) that comes in later, and I honestly prefer him because I think he's the most balanced, and can actually tank a little due to high defense for a mage.
Spoiler on the purple hair mage, relates to FE7:
Spoiler:
He's Canas' son, another reason why I favor him.

Then again, it might just be shit you already know.
td260 wrote:(FYI, arena abuse, then insane leveling)
Of course. And it's just about impossible to 20/20 a full party in FE6 without arena abuse.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 pm

smashbro wrote:
td260 wrote:FE8 was awesome, FE7 was awesome, and I'm playing the fan translated FE6 now. the mage you get before lilina got RNG raped. He has 10 magic at level 19. Lilina has 20 magic, and is lvl 18. go figure.
Wow, you Lugh (I think that's his name) did get RNG raped. His magic is always never as good as Lilina's, but he makes up for it with speed, Skill, and Luck (IIRC). Also, there's another mage (Hugh, has purple hair) that comes in later, and I honestly prefer him because I think he's the most balanced, and can actually tank a little due to high defense for a mage.
Spoiler on the purple hair mage, relates to FE7:
Spoiler:
He's Canas' son, another reason why I favor him.

Then again, it might just be shit you already know.
td260 wrote:(FYI, arena abuse, then insane leveling)
Of course. And it's just about impossible to 20/20 a full party in FE6 without arena abuse.

I'm not that far. I'm at chapter 13, and somehow I missed the guiding ring early in the game. So my first mage promotion will be next chapter. but, w/e.
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Just make sure you get the Member's Card and hit up the secret shops. Promotion items are pretty limited in FE6. And the Silver Card will help too with making stuff half off. Again, you probably know that from FE7/8.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 pm

smashbro wrote:Just make sure you get the Member's Card and hit up the secret shops. Promotion items are pretty limited in FE6. And the Silver Card will help too with making stuff half off. Again, you probably know that from FE7/8.

I need more hero stuff, so that'll be great. money is no object, since i got a ton of money from the arena.
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

td260 wrote:
smashbro wrote:Just make sure you get the Member's Card and hit up the secret shops. Promotion items are pretty limited in FE6. And the Silver Card will help too with making stuff half off. Again, you probably know that from FE7/8.

I need more hero stuff, so that'll be great. money is no object, since i got a ton of money from the arena.
Right, forgot about that. Oh, except if you want to feel really cheep at the end and buy as much stat boosting items as you can from the last secret shop. You really don't need to, just if you want every character to tank.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:06 am

Absolutely nothing to do with the hack at all, just fooling around with an animation editor... and I can't believe I figured it out. :O

Too bad I can't finish it, since I accidentally overwrite'd the sheet that had all my work on it when i made this SS.
XFD

Imagine that!
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:54 am

So uh... I found a new way to recolor sheets faster than the eraser method, so I was able to continue with that Cloud Animation that I was working on. :D

Dodge and Critical are done. I'll do the rest later. x.x
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:33 pm

So... I madez me a Sprite/Sheet. :O

Lol! It's so bland! XFD

It's really needs a lot of touching up. =p
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 am

What's this?

It's a Link... I command you to click it!
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:30 pm

i'm going to have to try that editor out.
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Why doesn't magic like you?

Also, I still have yet to go through the updated beta. I've had other games getting in my way. What's different from the updated beta from it's original? And where can I get and animated Pogeymanz?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 am

smashbro wrote:Why doesn't magic like you?
Because the game hangs during battle for reasons I don't know yet.(Unless you attack an opponent who can't counter.)
smashbro wrote:Also, I still have yet to go through the updated beta. I've had other games getting in my way. What's different from the updated beta from it's original?
Portaits, Stats, Text... IIRC
smashbro wrote:And where can I get and animated Pogeymanz?
There's no actual place you can get animations, but you CAN grab a Sprite Sheet and make that into an animation.
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:15 pm

It's.... Just so Beautiful :D
Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue May 25, 2010 4:59 pm

smashbro used THREAD RESURRECT! smashbro's post count went up by 1!

So Nintendo is making another "New" Fire Emblem game for the DS. It'll be new to America, but it's a remake of FE3, which was the sequal to FE1, and the remake that they came out with for the DS. Source. So if this remake for the DS is anything like FE: Shadow Dragon was, I probably wont get it. As big of a fan that I am with FE, the DS remake made me disappoint.

Honestly, I want another console Fire Emblem. Or something to revamp the series. Maybe this remake will do it, but my expectations are low as of now (this was I won't be disappointed).

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue May 25, 2010 5:41 pm

i don't know what it is, but there was something about Shadow Dragon that i didn't like...
Either the SLOW battle sequence, or the switch from crisp, clear battle sprites to the muddy, hazy, and generally crap-like 3-D models. The entire game felt forced.

Oh, and the fact that keeping all your characters alive hindered you, since you missed out on gaiden chapters when you had all the characters.
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue May 25, 2010 5:49 pm

td260 wrote:Oh, and the fact that keeping all your characters alive hindered you, since you missed out on gaiden chapters when you had all the characters.
This especially. I hate having even one member die, and I hated the system the implement where they basically rewarded you for failing. Though, I guess it was practical if you ever attempted 5-star hard mode, which has to be utterly impossible, cause 3-start hard mode kicked my ass (haven't beaten it on that though).

What I also didn't like about Shadow Dragon was that there was little differentiation between characters. There were a few that stood out (in a sense, though really, everyone was a cardboard cut out), but none of them are memorable, not even Marth. And they basically took out the magic system and what was left was botched.

Class changing was kinda cool, but not needed. Speaking of which, the better route, or so I went with, was making the first mage you find a cleric/priest/whatevertheycalledthestaffusers and then change him into a sage after promotion cause magic sucked (though it could damage) and healing was more important/helpful.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue May 25, 2010 7:05 pm

I just took the first battle mage they gave me, and tore through the first few levels, (with his exclusive spell) then took down most of the rest of the game with him. IDK why, but paladins always hate me. They never dodge. (except for seth in FESS, but he's a beast.)
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 am

Acording to the Wiki's Marcus in FE8 isn't that good but I'm finding he kicks a large ration of Ass.
Sain is also a extremly Monstrous Palidin

FE4 is still my favorite
DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Seth is okay. He's good in the beginning, but can easily be outclassed by other cavilers that promote. For hard mode runs, he is very useful though.

Marcus is similar, but all around worse. A general rule in Fire Emblem is that teh first promoted (often a Paladin) class you get that accompanies the main character is strong in the beginning, but has lackluster growth rates, and is outclassed by other units later. They are caled the "Jaigen" characters, named after Jaigen in the original FE (I think that's it, I'm blanking on names). This is not true, however, for the red-haired Paladin of Path of Radiance,a nd Radiant Dawn. She's beastly, and I can't remember her name too!

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top