The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Post  TD260 on Fri May 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Holy hell I am getting my shit absolutely wrecked by Apotheosis.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat May 25, 2013 6:44 am

I did it, I beat Grima.

It took 3 turns with Gangrel saving my ass the whole time. Bless you, Gangrel. I look forward to marrying you in my second file.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 25, 2013 10:29 am

Doctor Shemp wrote:I did it, I beat Grima.

It took 3 turns with Gangrel saving my ass the whole time. Bless you, Gangrel. I look forward to marrying you in my second file.

The music in that final chapter. SUCH a good song.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 26, 2013 7:04 am

I finally unlocked the mission to get Inigo. He had better be bloody worth it guys. It took 102 dances just to get Henry and Olivia from A rank to S rank. ONE HUNDRED AND TWO DANCES.

How good is Gerome, btw? I love wyvern riders, but I don't know if I can be bothered to just mess around in order to get him. My team is pretty hardcore as it is and I'm really not having any trouble clearing maps, so it's not like I'm struggling for units.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 26, 2013 9:00 am

You didn't just pair them up and let Henry do his thing?

I guess that gives Olivia experience. My Olivia got badly left behind because I just paired her up with Stahl and let him run around killing things. I probably should've actually trained her.

I got Gerome out of the desire to get all the kids. He was the second last one I got and thus he didn't really see much action (unlike Tiki, who I got right after him, and set her to killing things alongside Nah and Anna and Say'ri). I like spending the time to get the kids just to have them all, but really, the only ones who saw a lot of action in my file were Morgan, Lucina, Nah and Noire. Cynthia, I used for a little bit, but I wasn't that keen on using Pegasus Knights. The weakness to arrows and wind magic made it kind of a hassle to keep them alive (lazy of me, I know).

I'm not going to be able to get Morgan until right before the final boss in this file. Sad But man, Grandmaster Morgan was quite probably better than I was (just like how Great Lord Lucina was probably better than Chrom).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 26, 2013 9:58 am

I reclassed olivia around, passed galeforce down to inigo and he's pretty awesome with Stahl as a father. As for Gerome...

It took a lot of work to make my Gerome halfway decent, though that's because he had Virion as a Father.

I hate Virion.

Or, well, MY Virion. He got no strength up, no speed up, maxed out skill and just sits around taking ONE shot at stuff. Fuck that guy. I don't like using archers in the first place and he's not changing that.

Sumia and Cynthia made me us pegasus knights because they're pretty great, but honestly FUCK archers.

Gerome falls into the same Category that I put Stahl and Frederick in- great strength and defense, but the lack of speed is a real bitch to deal with.

I still use him though because he turned out alright, but it took some work/reclassing.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:You didn't just pair them up and let Henry do his thing?
I ditched Olivia and Henry after the battle I got them. Olivia was goddamn useless and made me restart the Gangrel battle 3 times because she died as soon as someone looked at her, and although I like Henry I didn't have the space for him in my party, so he fell by the wayside.

td260 wrote:I hate Virion.

Or, well, MY Virion. He got no strength up, no speed up, maxed out skill and just sits around taking ONE shot at stuff. Fuck that guy. I don't like using archers in the first place and he's not changing that.
That's a shame, my Virion is as legendary as he claims. He doubles most things, and when standing next to Sully is largely untouchable.

Though you saying that about archers was my opinion of mymirdons. I never used them because they just fell over and died constantly. Lon'qu has completely changed that though, he's beastly and one of my lynchpins. Definately one of my favourite characters.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:45 pm

I make mymirdons a staple of my FE games due to the fact that classic Swordmasters got a 15 base crit chance and were dodgetanks.

Pegasus fliers never went well for me before one well-trained Florina in FE7 and Sumia/Cynthia in this game.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 26, 2013 5:24 pm

I paired up Henry and Nowi. They wrecked shit CONSTANTLY. Henry used Nosferatu mostly so he'd heal up any damage he took (and Vengeance activated a LOT) and Nowi could tank nearly everything and deal out high damage. Nah was beastly, too, since yeah, Vengeance activates a helluva lot.

My Cynthia is the daughter of Gaius, so she had some neat Assassin skills like Lethality. Gerome is the son of Lon'qu, so he got that too. But yeah, since Gerome was the second last kid I got, he didn't see much use (and I'm wary of flying units). Severa (daughter of Gregor, in my case) hardly got used at all because I was mad at her for having to take 5 attempts to get her (since she'd run off and get herself killed).

Brady saw the least use, I think, because I mostly used Lissa and Libra as my healers. Still, I got him married to Cynthia.

I used all the kids a little bit because I absolutely love them, I think they're all great characters. Even Severa, who pisses me off.

And sadly Virion didn't get used that much because I had Noire as my dedicated archer, and she just ran around the map wrecking shit. Her father is Libra, so I'd pair them up, gave Noire the Killer Bow, watched her get criticals all the time, and had Libra able to both heal, and axe stuff to death. Tharja saw a little use, but I used Henry a lot more.

The last few battles involved Nowi, Nah and Tiki running around being dragons, which was pretty great. I like manaketes. :B (Not so big on taguels, though - Panne and Yarne really didn't get used a lot).

In my second file I aim to train everyone more equally and use the characters I barely used a lot more. (Poor Kellam...Kjelle did his job so much better, sadly). Changing up the pairings, since I married Chrom to Sumia. I was tempted to marry him to Sully or Olivia, but I guess I might as well go with that. This way, Cynthia gets Aether, which is cool. (Morgan couldn't, when married to Chrom. Only female Morgan from a marriage to Lucina can.)

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun May 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Inigo with Limit breaker and rightful king is an unstoppable beast, Also Mage Morgan with Dark Blessing is a titan of magical awesomeness. The Stars of my army are Morgan, Inigo, Aversa, Walhart, Me, Laurent, Brady, and Nah.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed May 29, 2013 6:19 am

Just at the point where the future kids are availeble. Haven't recruited/trained all of them yet, but that's the point I'm at.....I married Lissa ("Bro, I'm banging your sister") so Morgan turned out to be a cleric.....bummer. Yet to train her, Noire and Nah.

Kjelle, Lucina and Owain seem broken in how powerfull they are.....I like them. Kjelle is a fucking beast.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed May 29, 2013 10:01 am

King Avalanche wrote:Just at the point where the future kids are availeble. Haven't recruited/trained all of them yet, but that's the point I'm at.....I married Lissa ("Bro, I'm banging your sister") so Morgan turned out to be a cleric.....bummer. Yet to train her, Noire and Nah.

Kjelle, Lucina and Owain seem broken in how powerfull they are.....I like them. Kjelle is a fucking beast.

I married Lucina. ("Bro I'm banging your daughter") Morgan came in as a Tactician and is currently melting armies with Ignis and Aether.

My Kjelle really isn't that great... I'm thinking about reclassing her again, but she's really not doing too great.

Owain on the other hand is a god of the battlefield.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Tactician Morgan leaves you in the dust, basically.

It was funny having Great Lord Lucina and Grandmaster Morgan, since their parents (me and Chrom) were just like "well, we can just sit back and relax now since our children can do our jobs for us".

In my second file I just got Lucina, this time daughter of Sumia, and I can logically get Noire, daughter of Gaius, and Kjelle, daughter of Lon'qu. Buuuut obviously I'll wait until later for that because those maps are hard, besides I have a lot more relationships to grind. I think I've almost married Maribelle and Ricken. Donnel was probably a better father for more physical power for Brady, but I guess I can make Brady a Sage.

I still got to a B rank with Chrom without actually trying.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed May 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah I married Lucina too, makes Morgan just a total beast. Aether, Ignis and that high inherited skill just melts dudes left and right.

The other standout from the kids for me has probably actually been Laurent and Nah. I have those two married and being the son of Kellam plus pairing with Nah leaves Laurent fairly tanky. Being a Dark Knight he just sort of charges forward, takes a fair bit of punishment and then heals it up with lifetaker. Cynthia also seems to have pretty good potential having aether too.

Magic based sage Brady does work pretty well, he's become my best healer for sure. Got him paired with Noire so I usually try and keep her near the back then when someone gets into trouble, switch to Brady, fall back to somewhere safe and do some long range healing.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I have a Gaius!Brady who kicks ass with a bolt axe.

Noire daughter of Ricken currently MELTS armies with her magic skill.

I should probably try and train up my Kjelle and Laurent though...

Also, I beat the "normal" levels of Apotheosis. The secret levels are fucking brutal though. :c

Fucking 3rd round has nosferatanks that have Luna+, which makes them use Luna every time they attack.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed May 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Some how Lon'qu Laurent is just as good of a healer as Ricken Brady, Inigo son of Chrom is also a beast with a 26% chance of an auto kill, couple that with Aversa Morgan and Donnel Nah and you have yourself a legion of badassitude.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:00 am

DRTJR wrote:Some how Lon'qu Laurent is just as good of a healer as Ricken Brady, Inigo son of Chrom is also a beast with a 26% chance of an auto kill, couple that with Aversa Morgan and Donnel Nah and you have yourself a legion of badassitude.

Have you attempted the Apotheosis DLC yet?

Everything has Dragonskin.

Everything.

Lethality and Counter are nullified and all damage is halved.

Not to mention Aegis+ and Pavise+ which have a 100% rate of triggering.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu May 30, 2013 2:00 am

We just got Hot Springs and Emmeryn.

I'm in a terrible mood and constantly fucking up getting Emmeryn, but I want to get her first for the Gangrel and Emmeryn conversation. /siiigh

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm

That map was a pain. Galeforce Sumia and Cynthia were a godsent pair, and Emm would not have made it through that chapter without a Rescue Staff being used on her.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm

I just sent Walhart, Gerome, and me to pull her bacon out of the fire.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu May 30, 2013 4:37 pm

A rescue staff is pretty much essential. I didn't have too much trouble with it though, once Emmeryn was rescued I just send myself and Lucina as a paired unit to fight the boss and kept everyone else crowded in a circle around Emmeryn to keep her safe. Lucina was able to dodge pretty much everything the enemies threw at her and healed what little damage was done with Aether.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu May 30, 2013 4:44 pm

I fucked up a few times but yeah, in the end I stopped sending a group to go fight the boss, I had Libra use a rescue and then got everyone to crowd around her (and took Frederick, Chrom and Lissa to talk to her), and I paired myself up with Gangrel to go fight the boss. Gangrel is good at saving me, and Libra and Lissa could heal me from a distance for a little while if I needed it.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm

The map was pretty much solo'd by Walhart paired up with Inigo, because Inigo was not going to let a soul touch his lobster husbando and crit like a boss.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 31, 2013 1:48 pm

td260 wrote:I married Lucina. ("Bro I'm banging your daughter")
Weldar wrote:Yeah I married Lucina too,

GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER

I beat Walhart yesterday it what was the easiest bossfight of all time. I moved into his attack range, he charged and threw his axe, missed, then I bitchslapped him into next week. Hell, the battle before Morgan nearly solo'd him in a single turn. So much for the mighty conquerer.

I really want to plow on with the plot but I've heard the ending is slightly different if you have all the kids, so now I'm trying to get the ones I missed. It's as slow as hell and I hate doing it. The mothers are all the units I never used, so they're as weak as owt, making it a chore to grind up relationships. Also I really, really hate Sumia. Nothing can ever topple Micaiah from her position of Worst Fucking Character Ever, but Sumia is doing her utmost best at it. I'm starting to feel bad about getting Frederick to marry her...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm

I married Sumia to Chrom in this file. It took a lot of restraint not to just marry Chrom myself, but Gangrel...

I like Sumia better than Cordelia, at least. Cynthia's my favourite of the pegasus knights, though, because she's kind of adoraderpy.

I guess you don't have to bother to get them all, I think it just gives you more of the 'where are they now' ending. There's the eventual DLC with the kids in the future but we don't have that yet.

I wonder when we get Bride and Dread Fighter...

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top