The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Post  Raya on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:36 pm

MY ARTBOOK ARRIVED TODAY!! I'm going to post some pics and gush over it another day when I have more time.

Doctor Shemp wrote:Male Morgan and Owain have some of my favourite supports, I might add, what with the two of them being fated rivals and duelling (once a week, and then they go chill and do their own thing). I really liked Morgan's secret technique - Flamingo...PUUUUUNCH!

I loved Morgan and Owain's supports. It was essentially this:

I think Morgan/Lucina's C rank when they're brother and sister is my favourite though. Morgan is freaking out over a cockroach and Lucina laughs at him until she sees it herself. Cue the pair of them screaming and trying to kill this monstrous bug with Falchion/fire magic before Chrom comes in and tells them off.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:56 pm

So, the Knights of Iris artbook! It's an absolutely gorgeous book and well worth the money. It's several hundred pages and very high quality. I've taken a few pictures to show what it's like, so if anybody wants scans of a particular part/character let me know.

Spoiler:

The cover, the full size version of this pic is inside.

Various artwork.

Full sized character art! Includes various other characters such as Gangrel, but sadly none of the Avatar...

Original art of some of the early game characters.

Various sketches of the characters, including development art and early drafts.

Yes, that also includes major NPCs.

And other NPCs! All of the enemy classes are listed here.

Lots of weaponry too.

What it says on the tin.

Proposal art! It's all the confession pics from every character you can bang. Aversa has the best art:

Storyboards from most of the animated cutscenes.

Results of the fan surveys in Japan, with the popularity ranking for the favourite male/female characters and a load more things I can't translate. Bonus comic:

Lots of avatar variations. I will be honest I'm disappointed with the lack of Avatar art in here.

Everyone's facial expressions!

EVERYONE'S facial expressions!

Also every support conversation, but since it's all in Japanese it's not very useful.

So yeah, a brilliant book, if you're a fan I'd definately recommend it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:10 pm

can I get some hi-res scans of some of the children?

Specifically, Severa, Owain, Inigo, the Morgans, Lucina, Cynthia, Nah and Laurent.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:08 pm

I dunno about hi-res, you'll get whatever res my scanner works at Razz

I'm pretty busy this week but will try and get them to you when I can.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 am

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 am

I'm currently working on my 'OPTIMIZE EVERYTHING' file which is basically IF YOU CAN BE A MERCENARY OR A DARK FLIER YOU ARE GOING TO BE A MERCENARY OR A DARK FLIER AND IN SOME CASES BOTH IF YOUR NAME IS THE AVATAR OR CORDELIA OR SEVERA so i can have armsthrift and galeforce errywhere.

I made sure to marry Gaius to Sully and Donnel to Tharja so I can have as much galeforce as possible. Nah misses out on being the Divine Dragon this time, but that's okay. It's going to be hard not marrying myself to Gangrel (since I'm waiting even longer in order to marry Priam) but I guess I'll manage, I learnt to avoid marrying Chrom.

On a side note, Maribelle is possibly the most hilarious wife for Chrom. (I married him to Sumia in the OPTIMIZE EVERYTHING file but I made a file as a dude to fuck around in/see female!Morgan). Her reaction to Lucina showing up was utterly priceless. I didn't really like Maribelle at first, I must admit, but I've grown somewhat fond of her of late. She's ridiculous and over the top and I love her. Also, prince Brady is the strangest thing to imagine, let alone see.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:01 pm

So I picked up about 50 streetpass teams when I went to the Symphony of the Goddess, and most of them sucked. Razz

I've taken to using them as training ground for my current "reclass to get a bazillion skills" project (Kjelle) or my "Characters that are good but not good enough for apotheosis" team.

The latter contains a heavily reclassed Frederick who really does have some of the best voice lines in the game.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:58 pm

I have two heavily optimized teams - one has a better Morgan, one has a slightly stronger Gerome. Marrying Gangrel in one, married Priam in the other. I don't know which will be better for Apotheosis (which we'll be getting next week) but we'll just have to see.

I successfully got Chrom to marry Olivia, I'm proud. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:35 pm

https://vine.co/v/hB1jQ3rlWxY So Owain's voice actor did a thing, made me laugh.

I look forward to tomorrow not for the grim reminder that I'm a year older with nothing to show, but the fact that everyone in the barracks is going to wish me a happy birthday and make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:31 am

Triple postan' like a boss to say I've started playing Path of Radiance. I like it. I don't really like Soren so far but I like Titania and Elincia (even though the latter hasn't done very much, I like her a lot already). Ike is much dorkier than I expected, I love him.

Having only really played Awakening I find it interesting that there are a few different victory conditions and I'm honestly disappointed that those mechanics weren't in Awakening - the chapter where you have to escape Plegia Castle (chapter 21 or 22, I think?) would've worked so well with the escape victory condition, and I like the ones where you have to defend the fort. Heck, Awakening didn't even really have the seize condition either, and I'm pretty sure that's basically on the 2nd map in Sacred Stones and one of the early maps in Path of Radiance.

but yeah, I'm not very far in to Path of Radiance but I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Aww, I liked Soren. Poor guy has reasons for having issues. Spoiler reasons.

Jill and Haar were my favourite though. I was gutted they were one of the few PoR characters to not be in Awakening.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm sure Soren will grow on me and I'm keeping him in the party because I'd like to give him that chance/am interested to know his story. He's a shota though and I don't trust shotas. Still, I much prefer Titania, and I know she's my Frederick so I shouldn't rely on her so much. She's just a badass lady and I like her a lot.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:41 pm

I never liked Soren, the responsibility shirking arse.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:56 am

Titania stays pretty decent troughout the game. Pretty indiffrent about the wyvern riders (untill radiant dawn, where Haar becomes the most OP thing since sliced bread.) The archers are pretty amazing this game; Shinon is great, Rolf takes some grinding but becomes at least as good and the last archer comes with the paragon skill.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:42 pm

You guys don't like Soren but think Micaiah is alright. What the hell is wrong with you people.

I agree that Titania is actually a pretty good paladin. She does get weaker as the game goes on as everyone else catches up with her, but she's still very good. I was still using her in the end game.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 pm

I hate Micaiah more than any other lord in the franchise, but I have little love for most of the cast of FE9 & FE10.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Raya wrote:You guys don't like Soren but think Micaiah is alright. What the hell is wrong with you people.
I like both a lot. I don't understand why you hate Micaiah so much.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Smashy B wrote:I like both a lot. I don't understand why you hate Micaiah so much.
She's an absolutely enormous Mary Sue. She's such a special snowflake it's actually painful. Eesh, where do I begin?

- She's a Branded.
- Despite the fact she's a Branded, in a world where they're treated like dirt, she's all sweet and caring.
- Everybody loves her for no reason. The people of Daein literally worship her like a cult. She (somehow) gets elected queen because of it!
- Sothe's personality gets completely derailed (see above point). Even when she ditches him, he's still holding an out-of-character torch for her.
- In a setting where people have unnatural hair colours she manages to have one that's so unusual everyone comments on it. All the time.
- Has unique powers nobody else does, including special healing powers, reading minds and foresight.
- Has a cute little bird that follows her about because animal companion/pure of heart.
- She's a huge hypocrite, such as going along with the slaughter of the laguz.
- She's the chosen of the goddess and can hear her voice.
- She's an absolutely terrible leader, yet gets put into positions of power solely because people love her.

By itself this would just make her a bad character, but what really tips it over into full blown Mary Sue territory:

Spoiler:
- She's not just a Branded, she's a half-heron. The super rare magical and nearly extinct laguz breed that don't leave their forest.
- She's the secret long-lost sister of the empress. No one tells this with actual evidence though, she feels like she is.
- That cute little bird is actually a goddess, who follows Micaiah around because she's so special.

I'm sure there's more but it's been a long while since I played Radiant Dawn.

Basically she's a special snowflake with a terrible personality, far too many special traits, far too little flaws and everyone worships and loves her for no reason. Also she's a pretty rubbish unit too.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Since Raya skewered Micaiah royally already so Soren.

Soren is already a massive prick in FE9 who is Teh real heir to Not only the Nation of Dragon Laguz But to the Big Bad from FE9 making him the rightful king to a large swath of the continent. But does he take his rightful place, no he fucks off Big McLarge-Huge. Shirking his duty as king when he would have made a great monarch. Fuck FE10, it's a stain on a otherwise magnificent tapestry.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Camilla, stop reading, because Spoilers.
DRTJR wrote:Since Raya skewered Micaiah royally already so Soren.

Soren is already a massive prick in FE9 who is Teh real heir to Not only the Nation of Dragon Laguz But to the Big Bad from FE9 making him the rightful king to a large swath of the continent. But does he take his rightful place, no he fucks off Big McLarge-Huge. Shirking his duty as king when he would have made a great monarch. Fuck FE10, it's a stain on a otherwise magnificent tapestry.
Raya made her point, but this is a dumb reason to hate Soren. And it would have been completely out of character for him because he would have left Ike, the only person he truly trusts.
Spoiler:
Even so, Soren has no idea who his parents are. He hates laguz because they were willing to let him die while he was left on his own in Gallia when he was 6 years old. No one helped him but Ike.

Also, Soren would not be the true heir to Goldoa because Kurthnaga was the next heir after Rajaion's passing.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:37 am

Nearly got my Apotheosis team in my hard-classic file. Got a little bit of grinding (one or two levels) to do for some characters, some are definitely ready to go (Noire and Brady and Morgan mostly), got DLC-Palla and SpotPass-Micaiah ready to rally, Emmeryn to heal...except for the fact that Cynthia (mixed attacking Dark Flier) and Laurent (who being the child of Miriel and Ricken somehow has shit magic growths, he's a Sorcerer) are behind and need more grinding to get on par with everyone else.

Now, of course, I'm distracted by Pokemon and Persona, but you know.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Get hyped, there's a new FE game on the way!

Well done Awakening for saving the Franchise, this looks great!

Thoughts? Is it based in the same world as Awakening, or is Sengoku FE a stand alone?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm always excited for a new Fire Emblem game! I like how they presented the battle animations in that trailer. I just hope that the win conditions are varied among chapters. with Awakening, every chapter ended when you just cleared the enemy instead of surviving for x number of turns or reaching a certain point or escaping in a certain number of turns. 

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 pm

SMTxFE looks really interesting right now

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Can we talk about what a huge mess the new FE game is looking like right now?

Taking a leaf out of Pokemon's book, FE: If has two different versions, Black and White. One is easy-mode, the other regular-mode. Part way through the game the plot diverges into two different pathways. If you bought a physical copy you are locked into one pathway depending on which version you bought. If you bought a digital copy you can choose which pathway, but will be locked into it. But then you can spend even *more* money to buy the second pathway. So, technically, there are 4 different versions of the game. What an absolute cashgrab.

Also apparently they have hired Rob Liefeld as the game's artist, because this character art is just awful:

Spoiler:

Aside from the fact the female protag has two left feet, what the actual fuck is going on with that pose? SPINES DO NOT BEND THAT WAY. You try striking that pose, see how far you get.

I really hope all of this isn't an indicator of what's to come...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top