The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Ambiguous Emblem of Fire

Post  Eiron on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:21 pm

^Thanks Gorby. I brought the royals in to see the battle conversations they have with certain bosses. They rock the house. Or at least Naesala's do, but he's Naesala.

I usually avoid Lugz characters like the plague. Why would you use a character that's above average half the time, when there are characters that are exceptional all the time? Granted, by the end of the game you have the items to keep them transformed almost constantly, but it still takes a turn to use them and that's only at the very end.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:21 am

This sounds... very complicated.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:48 am

It's quite simple: Don't use laguz unless you're forced to like Ranulf.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 am

Video game jargle is really weird.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:17 am

At least its not WoW jargon.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Penguin on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Dear God, WoW jargon.

"LFG UBRS NEED TANK AND DPS" anyone? Not pleasant, especially when you know the person typing it is either 11 or upwards of 35.

Ninja Penguin
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://youtube.com/ninjapenguinhya/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:48 pm

No talk of WoW in my Fire Emblem thread.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Don't need to tell me twice. Back to FE talk. I breifly mentioned this earlier, but Ashnard has some pretty interesting battle conversations as well. The problem is, the best one is between him and Reyson. WTF. Obviously, I ran into that one on accident. >_<

I didn't know he moved on hard mode, so he flew right into the middle of my party and killed Boyde. He also JUST HAPPENS to have the best movement range in the game, so none of my guys could get out of his range.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Heck, I'm just gonna go to the forest and read all the conversations.

98% of the time when a character dies, I restart the chapter. About 100% of the time in RD because of the in game battle save, which is a lifesaver!

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Penguin on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Yes, I wish they had thought of that one game earlier, 'cuz now my Rolf, Soren, and Sothe are all zombies.
(Translation, they died in my playthrough of FE9)

If anyone cares, I do FE spriting. Here's some of my stuff.

Mug and sprite for Iphideus, an original character of mine.

Sprite sheet for Democritus, another one of my originals. His mug sucks, so I'm not posting it. >.>

I AM THE JUGGERNAUT.

The promoted version of Iphideus. Yes, I know there's a stray white pixel.

A very old, very crappy Greil.

I'm not entirely sure what to call this, either.

Dumbledore! Actually, just a very complicated recolor of Athos.

Ninja Penguin
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 am

How could you let Soren die!? Shame on you!

Nice. I like the sprites.

Shot in the dark, but is Iphideus a combination of Wolt (hair style-ish), Karel (face), Nils (hair color) and any others for rest? I just like guessing.

I'd call that purple robed horse rider a Shaman Knight or Druid Knight, since there are Mage Knights in FE:SS. It be cool if they could include them as s promotion for a shaman or druid and maybe give them like an axe as an extra weapon option.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Oooh, coolio. Love the sprites. Battle saves are the sex in RD. Inteligent Systems was feeling kinda assish when they decided you couldn't use them on hard mode though. Oh, wow, time to restart the level AGAIN.

Last edited by Eiron on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Penguin on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Iph's mug is spliced from Wil, Eliwood (his FE7 and FE7 epilogue versions), Roy, Valter, and Lloyd, with a fair amount of custom work. His armor palette is taken from the FE6 wyvern riders, though his hair and scarf are both original palettes.

And I let Soren die because his annoyance level was on par with that of most 10-year-olds on Xbox Live. bounce

Ninja Penguin
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm

Eiron: Intelligent Systems*

Ninja Penguin: Look up Wolt from FE6, his hair is pretty damn close style wise... at least in the back. Oh, also, Wolt is Rebbecca's son, but bears a resemblance to Wil.

http://serenesforest.net/fe6/char1.html

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:51 pm

[quote="smashbro"][color=cyan]Eiron: Intelligent Systems*

That's weird, I was thinking Systems when I typed that...

Or maybe I was subliminally contemplating the creation of the universe or something.

And how could you find Soren annoying? Rolf and Mist for sure, but Soren hardly even speaks, making it hard for him to be aggravating...

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Soren is the emo kid.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Ah ha.

Hey, are there any combinations of skill scrolls that you guys have come up with for concentrated awesomness?

Check this out: Swordmasters, Halberdiers, and Snipers have a natural 20% (I think it might be 15% in RD) bonus for their chance to land critical hits, plus their own Critical points. (Not sure about Marksmen, Sentinals, and Trueblades, but I think they're the same.) Equip them with a Killer class weapon to raise their critical rates to 50%/45%. Now give them the Gamble skill. (Doubles the chance of a critical hit, halves accuracy) Now you have a 100%/90% chance (still without factoring in their natural Critical points) of landing a critical hit, which can't miss. Unfortunatley, you still have to subtract yout opponents Avoid points from that 100%, so its not ABSOLUTELY garunteed, but its close. Just a way to make certain characters even more absurdly powerful.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:24 pm

Been there, done that, Mia/Edward, awesome.

Other good combinations are having Provoke and Vantage together for enemy phases; Adept and Cancel for not letting your enemy attack; Or supporting two characters with the earth affinity and giving one a Daunt scroll.

I thought about doing Blossom and Paragon together, if a character has the free 35 capacity. Although they would kinda cancel eachother out expirience wise, you would be getting a bonus to the growth rates.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Can't forget Wrath + Resolve either. 35 is an awfully steep price for those stat growths. I'd personally be against it, just because you can use other skills to get a wider variety of power ups.

In RD, I had my mages's long range spells blessed instead of their S weapons. Soren and Sanaki with Reyson's help singlehandedly cleared out the entire battlefield in the level after you recieve the blessing.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 pm

That's pretty clever. I may either do that or have their SS weapons blessed. Since Soren is supported with Ike, he becomes a good front line mage due to the increase in evasiveness. Also, I'm paying more attention to Sanaki on this PT, being that she is force in the endgame. Good thing I held off on two Energy Drops, because 2 strength is utter phail when low strength affects Attack Speed. And I gave her a paragon. Also... I need to get some Arms scrolls for her and Soren.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:59 am

Arms scrolls are falling out of the sky by the end, so that shouldn't be too hard. Blessing the ranged spells has its ups and downs. Your mages dramatically decrease in usefullness against bosses, but watching fire rain down from the heavens on the little guys is pretty cool. I don't like how they force you to use underpowered/underleveled characters like Sanaki. And Micaiah actually. And Sothe. I should stop now.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Sanaki is lookin to be alright once you raise her attack speed. I also gave her a Seraph robe, I'm not letting her be total suck this time. Micahia... she weilds light magic, doubles as another healer, and the Thani tome is win. She's not bad, but not great. Sothe... use Volke instead.

Which heron do you bring in? I bring in Reyson because he's the best transformed and you get laguz gems in the and before the final chapters.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:58 pm

I don't actually own any FE games, but that will probably change once Club Nintendo comes stateside.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:56 pm

For shame.

I usualy I take Reyson as well, but I've taken Leane as well, so I could get her hitched to Naesala. Thani is indeed beastly. I think Rexcalibur is the most badass looking spell in the game, bar none. You?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:02 am

Well, I don't think I've ever seen Rexbolt in action, so I can't fully say out of them all. But Rexcalibur is indeed awesome. I like the high level dark magic attack too, mostly because they are less seen and a minority for magic in RD.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top