Teachers. Good and bad.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teachers. Good and bad.

Post  Hans on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 pm

Some are awesome, some are shit. Share stories of your best and worst teachers, for many happiness.

The best teacher I've ever had was my wood and metalwork teacher, such a funny guy, and he taught me so much. One of his favourite things to say to someone being stupid is "grab yourself a piece of wood, and give yourself a tune-up" (i.e beat yourself around the head with it) such a funny old man. Also, my current science teacher is awesome, almost every lesson has a practical or a demo, and even when we're just doing work from the textbook he makes is awesome, also, he's the first science teacher I've had in 3 years at my school who I learned something from.

As for the worst teacher I've ever had, Year 7 (7th grade) science, ms. fernandez, by far one of the dumbest and most incompetent teachers I have ever had the misfortune to have. I never listened to a word she said, and still got top marks, she hated me so.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teachers. Good and bad.

Post  Safetyfirst on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:44 am

Hans wrote:Some are awesome, some are shit. Share stories of your best and worst teachers, for many happiness.

The best teacher I've ever had was my wood and metalwork teacher, such a funny guy, and he taught me so much. One of his favourite things to say to someone being stupid is "grab yourself a piece of wood, and give yourself a tune-up" (i.e beat yourself around the head with it) such a funny old man. Also, my current science teacher is awesome, almost every lesson has a practical or a demo, and even when we're just doing work from the textbook he makes is awesome, also, he's the first science teacher I've had in 3 years at my school who I learned something from.

As for the worst teacher I've ever had, Year 7 (7th grade) science, ms. fernandez, by far one of the dumbest and most incompetent teachers I have ever had the misfortune to have. I never listened to a word she said, and still got top marks, she hated me so.

Didn't Fernandez once think it was raining in the classroom, was that her....

Anyway. Teachers are so funny. My science teacher last year was awesome, but in the 2nd semester he left and we got the WORST most boring teacher ever. We did 2 practicals in a semester, and we learnt nothing. One day of my old last year's science teacher taught me more then 5 months with the bad one

Safetyfirst
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:14 am

Cept for Math and Chemistry (those teachers were devils) my teachers were pretty cool. My german teacher made us listen Rammstein in class, my english teacher dismissed me from class halfway trough the last year (I am quite good in that subject), our biologie teacher was a actual biologist who amused us with stories of remarable plants and animals he came across in Cambodja. I was always sorta the teachers pet with dutch cause I like writing and reading a lot. Only had latin/philosophie for 2 years, but that teacher was batshit insane in a cool way. On reflection she resembled Marla Singer a little considering the way she looked at things and desribed stuff. My geographie teacher....well he was a gay stereotype.

and on my current school al my teachers are actual psychologists, so they are all very laid-back, open minded, etc.

my teachers rock Razz

Last edited by Avalanche91 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Safetyfirst on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:03 am

Avalanche91 wrote:Cept for Math and Chemistry (those teachers were devils) my teachers were pretty cool. My german teacher made us listen Rammstein in class, my english teacher dismissed me from class halfway trough the last year (I am quite good in that subject), our biologie teacher was a actual biologist who amused us with stories of remarable plants and animals he came across in Cambodja. I was always sorta the teachers pet with dutch cause I like writing and reading a lot. My geographie teacher....well he was a gay stereotype.

and on my current school al my teachers are actual psychologists, so they are all very laid-back, open minded, etc.

my teachers rock Razz

Your teachers sound pretty cool, especially the biologist. Geo teacher = gay stereotype... what do you mean by that?

Safetyfirst
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:06 am

Safetyfirst wrote:
Avalanche91 wrote:Cept for Math and Chemistry (those teachers were devils) my teachers were pretty cool. My german teacher made us listen Rammstein in class, my english teacher dismissed me from class halfway trough the last year (I am quite good in that subject), our biologie teacher was a actual biologist who amused us with stories of remarable plants and animals he came across in Cambodja. I was always sorta the teachers pet with dutch cause I like writing and reading a lot. My geographie teacher....well he was a gay stereotype.

my teachers rock Razz

Your teachers sound pretty cool, especially the biologist. Geo teacher = gay stereotype... what do you mean by that?

the typical gay posture, attitude, even the voice was stereotypically gay. You know those typical almost offensive gay stereotypes they show on t.v.? that was my teacher Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Safetyfirst on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 am

Avalanche91 wrote:the typical gay posture, attitude, even the voice was stereotypically gay. You know those typical almost offensive gay stereotypes they show on t.v.? that was my teacher Razz

Oh, haha lol. Do you know if he was actually gay? Was he a good teacher nonetheless?

Safetyfirst
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 am

Safetyfirst wrote:
Avalanche91 wrote:the typical gay posture, attitude, even the voice was stereotypically gay. You know those typical almost offensive gay stereotypes they show on t.v.? that was my teacher Razz

Oh, haha lol. Do you know if he was actually gay? Was he a good teacher nonetheless?

why yes he was gay. classmates would ask, and he would openly talk about his sex life and his bf.....to the point where I wished I could bite gnaw ears off. Also I skipped pretty much 70% of all geographie lessons and got 73% on my exam. Not a good teacher, just a piss easy subject.

incidently, it was the only class I actually fell asleep before going to uni/hbo.....On Uni/Hbo I've already had 3 short snoozes during the colleges.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Safetyfirst on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:23 am

Avalanche91 wrote:
Safetyfirst wrote:

why yes he was gay. classmates would ask, and he would openly talk about his sex life and his bf.....to the point where I wished I could bite gnaw ears off. Also I skipped pretty much 70% of all geographie lessons and got 73% on my exam. Not a good teacher, just a piss easy subject.

incidently, it was the only class I actually fell asleep before going to uni/hbo.....On Uni/Hbo I've already had 3 short snoozes during the colleges.

Interesting schooling life for you I guess Razz

Safetyfirst
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:23 am

[Surgepox] Remember children, threads are not chat rooms. [/Surgepox]

And yes, Fernandez was the one who thought it was raining in the class room. Basically, what happened was this, I can't remember whether it was me or a friend, but somebody cut a liquid paper pen in half, poked holes in it, and jammed it on one of the taps. We turned the tap on ever so slightly, and water started spraying out of the holes in a fine mist. Hilarity ensued.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 am

Aw man, I had the WORST physics teacher ever, Mrs. Brown. Ok, so I was in the advanced program, right? Well I swear half of the class knew about as much stuff about physics as she did. She'd always teach from the book, never actually doing much teaching herself, and she had this backwards class schedual she'd try to keep up with.

Our classes were about 45 minutes long and she always had "Labs" that we'd have to do. But she always spent at least 30 minutes telling us HOW to do them leaving 15 minutes. But then, we were forced to write out our hypothesis and methods in a little lab book in a VERY particular way. This meant there was only 5 minutes left to actually do the lab, but by that time we had to get ready to go. So we would have to go to her class after school because "BY god, we're not getting off this class schedual". Ugh.

One time she was teaching about momentum and friction and for an example she said to imagine a large rock moving through space with no other objects around it. Then she asked if any force was neccessary for it to be moving. Well, immediatly everyone in the class knew that if there was no friction it would go on coasting forever, but I said some force WAS neccessary to get it moving in the first place. Pretty much the entire class agreed with me, but she said I couldn't assume it had been acted on because "You can't assume ANYTHING in physics." which is kinda BS because pretty much everything in physics is laws and theories based on assumptions based on observations. But that's not the worst part. The worst part was that her very next sentence was... "Now, in this next problem we don't see a value for friction so we can assume it's zero.

I hate her. Most of the other students hate her. Even some of the other teachers openly hate her. The stories I could tell...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 am

Safetyfirst wrote:
Anyway. Teachers are so funny. My science teacher last year was awesome, but in the 2nd semester he left and we got the WORST most boring teacher ever. We did 2 practicals in a semester, and we learnt nothing. One day of my old last year's science teacher taught me more then 5 months with the bad one

XD Wow. The exact same thing happened to me in my science class last year. Mr. Bittles was awesome, learned a lot from him and he was funny. Would always take out a yard stick and "hit" kids kids with it. or just if someone was sleeping let another kid drop a heavy book right next to them. lol Everyone loved him.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 am

For good teachers, I had a Global teacher who was likely the coolest teacher ever. We spent three days imagining what we would do if there was a nuclear holocaust, and we were the only people who survived, as far as we knew. We talked about who would die, who the teacher would kill himself, how as a subject teacher, he was probably one of the worse teachers to survive with (but how he personally was a great teacher to have, because he was so awesome, yes, he was vain) we even got down to who would be allowed to "reproduce". It was epic. Then later on, to show how America affected the world, he taught us about the topless beaches of Europe, and how years ago, everyone, guys and girls, were topless on the beach, and how years later, they had become more Americanised, and women started wearing tops. This was his example on America's negative influence on the world.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Good teachers:
- 2nd grade. Had this lovely Canadian woman who taught us French, was basically the nicest woman ever...then left near the end of the year. Giving us one of the worst teachers possible.
- 4th grade. Lovely guy, still put me in second place for BOTH English and Maths, starting off my long chain of always being inferior. Though, I did hit him in the crotch with a tennis ball once. And he couldn't pronounce my name until the end of the year. Okay, he wasn't that good, I just wanted to share the story. Razz
- 11th grade, English. We had a sub while our teacher was taking a year of maternity leave. She was excellent. I finally managed to get As in English because she explained things to us and checked drafts. Which apparently you weren't allowed to do. We only had her for half the year but she was my favourite teacher. D:
- 11th/12th grade, English/English Extension. End of year 11 we got the maternity leave teacher back. And she was lovely, she was the head of the English department so she knew what she was doing. Still only ever gave me Bs (except for speeches, where I rocked the house), but she was really lovely and part of the reason I want to be a high school English teacher.
- 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th grade, French. Was annoying at times, but absolutely lovely. In year 12 we sang songs and ate cheese on Thursdays. She was very passionate about French and I enjoyed her classes.
- 12th grade, debating. Okay, he was an English teacher but I had him for debating and he was the sweetest guy ever. He looked like Voldemort but he was really very nice and passionate about debating and a big help.
- 1st year University, English Lit. Sweetest tutor you could ever imagine. I had such a massive crush on him. Gentle, softly spoken, lovely reading voice, good at explaining things (though he sold himself short a lot)...*swoon* xD

Bad teachers:
- 9th, 10th, 11th grade, English. OH MY GOD I HATE THIS WOMAN SO GOD DAMN MUCH. She pinned me as a B+ student and NEVER GAVE ME HIGHER MARKS. Or if she did, she would bring them down. I also had an Asian friend, who was very fluent in English (she'd grown up in Australia and New Zealand), but this teacher would always talk very slowly like she couldn't understand her. Racist much?
- 10th grade, Economics and Law. I knew more about law than this teacher. She couldn't teach for shit. We got all our info from the other classes and acted up in her class because it wasn't like we ever learnt anything from her. She quit soon after.
- 7th, 8th, 9th grade, Food Technology. Oh, nice enough woman, shit class and she knew it was shit and she hated teaching it. She'd spend every lesson complaining about the kitchen non stop and the food we learnt to cook wasn't very good. The class was dropped from the syllabus when I was in 10th grade so everyone could learn about IT more.
- 1st year University, Journalism. She spent the first tutorial talking about all her references. She then told me I looked like a young Hillary Clinton. I stopped going to those classes soon after.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Safetyfirst wrote:My science teacher last year was awesome, but in the 2nd semester he left and we got the WORST most boring teacher ever.
The same happened to me on 7th Grade, except it was our Portuguese teacher. I had lots of awesome teachers, and plenty of shitty ones too.

The ones I'd say deserve mention...

The Good:
Sergio, Chemistry - He was freaking hilarious. We almost couldn't learn because of it. Almost. Cool
José "Zé" Carlos, Literature - Even more hilarious, but his humor was waaaaay more sex-related. And related to the day's subject as well, go figure. I don't know about everyone else, but I actually had problems to learn with this one because I always payed more attention to his jokes. XD Whatever, I still passed, and I was always bad at literature anyways...
Ricardo "Uncle Ricky" Carvalho, History - A contender for best teacher ever. Seriously.
Francisco Feitosa, Math - Think the stereotype of the kind, old man. That was him. Best math teacher I ever had.

The Bad:
Judith, Math - To this day, I still think she was nuts. Worst math teacher I ever had. Perhaps, worst teacher overall. O.o
What's her name again? I don't even bother remembering., Portuguese - The one I started this post talking about.

The Ugly:
Rubens, Math - Too self-assured, sexist.
Márcio Passos, Geography - I swear, that guy was evil. I even drew him as an evil overlord once and showed it to some friends.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

i had a math teacher, and i swear to god, at the time, i thought she was going to eat my soul.
she went away, for a couple of years, and now she's back, and she regognized(sp?) me.

and you know what the worst part is? She's fucking hot! unbelievably hot, wich adds to the scary-factor.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm

>Bringing your own personal life on the internet

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 pm

queen_camilla wrote:
- 9th, 10th, 11th grade, English. OH MY GOD I HATE THIS WOMAN SO GOD DAMN MUCH. She pinned me as a B+ student and NEVER GAVE ME HIGHER MARKS. Or if she did, she would bring them down. I also had an Asian friend, who was very fluent in English (she'd grown up in Australia and New Zealand), but this teacher would always talk very slowly like she couldn't understand her. Racist much?

Was the teacher a fat ugly feminist too, because that's what the majority of bad English teachers are. (and English teachers in general.)

TheTJ wrote:"You can't assume ANYTHING in physics." which is kinda BS because pretty much everything in physics is laws and theories based on assumptions based on observations. But that's not the worst part. The worst part was that her very next sentence was... "Now, in this next problem we don't see a value for friction so we can assume it's zero.

I hate her. Most of the other students hate her. Even some of the other teachers openly hate her. The stories I could tell...

I hate her too. Very much. I haven't even met her, but I hate her.

Artiste Ansem wrote:i had a math teacher, and i swear to god, at the time, i thought she was going to eat my soul.
she went away, for a couple of years, and now she's back, and she regognized(sp?) me.

and you know what the worst part is? She's fucking hot! unbelievably hot, wich adds to the scary-factor.

Succubus.

Faux-Bee wrote:>Bringing your own personal life on the internet

>Not posting in borange.

Another crap teacher I had was my science teacher for last year, he was so annoying and so crap at teaching. He was angry all the time, spent too much of the lessons telling people off, and his English was not too good, so understanding what he was saying was difficult at times.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 pm

>excuse to make my penis bigger

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 pm

9th grade bio teacher stands out as one of the all-time worst. She looked and talked like a chipmunk, and has about that level of intelligence as well. To give you a picture, she was once told that gullible was written on the ceiling and spent about fifteen minutes trying to find it. Even worse, very year the new 9th grade class convinces her that if you drink gatorade you will sweat that color, and by the end of the year she gets skeptical, but the next class manages to reconvince her. EVERY TIME.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 am

Hans wrote:
queen_camilla wrote:

Was the teacher a fat ugly feminist too, because that's what the majority of bad English teachers are. (and English teachers in general.)

No but she was an old ugly feminist, because I went to an all girls school and every teacher we had was uber feminist. Especially year 11 and 12 Modern History. Who was a left wing, vegetarian feminist who was also possibly a lesbian. I dunno.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top