Doctor Who

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite Doctor (Not including Paul McGann because he has the fewest stories as the Doctor.)

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]
54% 54% 
[ 13 ]
17% 17% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

Re: Doctor Who

Post  TheTJ on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:05 pm

I can understand the arguing against the sexuality put into Doctor Who now... especially when you remind yourself he is both and alien and at least a dozen centuries old. On the other hand they also mentioned Peter Purves said it was too complicated. I say it's not nearly complicated enough but everyone in the show acts like it is so that if someone at home doesn't get it they don't feel bad.

Also, twitter posts included in the article are a great sign of journalistic integrity.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:53 pm

TheTJ wrote: Who Universe

Whoniverse? Razz

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

The new episode of Doctor Who was good, it brought back the Ice Warriors, but it gave me a headache.

I had the broad timeline of Doctor Who sort of set in my mind, but it was precarious because some of it was contradictory if you weren't careful. I had a bit of uneasy peace, but then this episode came along and messed it all up like dominoes.

It also brought back the HADS (Hostile Action Displacement System) which was great as that hasn;t been used in forever. With good reason because it only really serves to take the TARDIS out of danger. And since the Doctor is usually in the thick of it, that means the TARDIS is essentially taken away from him. In fact, that might be the origin of HADS. With the TARDIS the Doctor might have fixed things in seconds so the writers found a way to put it out of his reach.

Good episode though, looking forward to more. and the 50th! WHEEE!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Today a friend and I tried fish fingers with custard for the first time. I'm still not actually sure what I thought about it. It was kind of tasty, but at the same time not at all.

Also, as I may have mentioned I started watching Doctor Who a few weeks ago (starting from the beginning of the modern series with Eccleston). I just saw Asylum of the Daleks, so I should be up-to-date sometime this week or next.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I still need to watch Asylum of the Daleks.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:26 pm

So, we've reached Cold War now. Going to watch the latest episode tomorrow and then I'll be up-to-date.

Oh, also I think this will be rather fun:
https://www.facebook.com/events/528802523820486/

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:23 am

Huh Weird...

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 am

The fans take to the streets. The Drumming. The Call. To War.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:58 pm

There's like a 90% chance they'll dance around it or whisper it like in Silence of the Library.

The other 10% chance is that his name will be Rassilon.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm

TheTJ wrote:There's like a 90% chance they'll dance around it or whisper it like in Silence of the Library.

The other 10% chance is that his name will be Rassilon.

If I remember correctly, it's written into the contract of the writers that if they let the name of The Doctor slip, they get sued in an insane amount... I think... google isn't backing me up on this though...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:09 pm

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A NIGHTMARE AND WHEN I WAKE UP MOFFAT ISN'T FUCKING THIS SHOW UP

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri May 10, 2013 10:08 pm

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

...If there's any consolation, it's almost certainly not true. For LOTS of reasons.

1. We've seen twice in this series a rundown of all previous Doctors (The Next Doctor and The Eleventh Hour)

2. It would use up an ENTIRE regeneration of which we're running low.

3. This will be the 50th anniversary they're talking about. Not only will it be one of the most anticipated episodes the show has ever had, it's bound to have the most twists possible. And they're NOT revealing them 7 months in advance.

4. The reason given for them not remembering him was "The shame of the Time War making him forget" except for the fact that 9 and 10 ACTIVELY BROODED ON THE TIME WAR. "Oooh man, I feel really angry over this conflict of which I have no memory, except for when I directly reference them"

5. It's extremely stupid and fans will riot. I would join them.

Odds are high this is either a smoke screen set up to deflect fans from the actual plot, or it's misdirection. Like, Joh Hurt's the Master masquerading as the Doctor. Of course the Doctor should catch on, but whatever. Matt Smith is 11 and that's final.

EDIT: All that aside I'm having a bit of a panic attack over this. You've done all right so far Moffat, but this would be the worst thing since Dimensions in Time.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat May 11, 2013 7:46 am

Let's be honest, even if Matt Smith is the final regen, it's Doctor Who. They'll pull some interdimensional bullshit out of their ass to explain it away. Calling it now, they'll reset the whole regeneration somehow so there can be 12 more doctors. Because with the amount of money DW makes they're not going to end it all when Matt Smith falls off radio telescope.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 am

John Hurt could be playing the Doctor.

Explain how exactly is this a bad thing?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:John Hurt could be playing the Doctor.

Explain how exactly is this a bad thing?

Because it screws up all sorts of continuity. I can't tell you how much stuff out there explicitly states which Doctor is which. Matt Smith's debut episode was called the ELEVENth hour even. The Forgotten showed all the Doctors and I don't remember Hurt being in there.

... I don't even see why he HAS to be between 8 and 9. I mean, it's not like Time Lords have to be even remotely similar between regenerations. Tom Baker was almost nothing like Peter Davison, who was miles away from Colin Baker, who was very different from Sylvester McCoy, etc.

The ONLY way I'll give him being between 8 and 9 is if that's literally the case. There's even precedent for this. The Valeyard was a conglomeration of a mix between two future versions of what the Doctor could become. The Time Lords used the Matrix to project what the Doctor's 12th and 13th forms would be like if he got evil and mixed those two together the make the Valeyard. It's possible John Hurt COULD be something like that done during the Time War, a mix between the then current Doctor and the Next one created to give an advantage against the Daleks given the Doctor's history with them.

But simply forcing him in there and making all the Doctors older... that's just a bad idea.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 11, 2013 4:45 pm

From what I understand, they're going to make Eccleston actually be the 10th, tennant be the 11th and matt smith be the 12th. And they're doing this because eccleston won't do the anniversary special so they're crowbaring in another doctor because matt smith and david tennant can't be the only doctors in the special.

Why they don't just bring some classic doctors out of retirement I have no fucking clue because that would make sense.

But fuck, since when has moffat given two shits about that.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat May 11, 2013 7:25 pm

No, I'm certain it's a lie. Mostly because of tonight's episode Nightmare in Silver.

No spoilers, but they do the whole montage of Doctor's thing again AND it's stated that the Doctor has regenerated specifically 10 times.

If this were in the works for the 50th that would have been ample time to change the script away from that.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 pm

US fans urged not to release spoilers of Saturday's finale.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon May 13, 2013 2:23 pm

WELL THEN.

Time to stay away from the internet for a week.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm

If you haven't seen the Series 7 finale, you should stop reading this thread now and go somewhere else. And by somewhere else, I mean to watch the goddamn episode. Do it.

In other news, I loved it and I dare to say you will too, even if you were initially skeptical of John Hurt's addition to the DW canon. Because really, Moffat did this the best way anyone could. Chris Eccleston is still the 9th Doctor, Tennant the 10th and Smith the 11th. John Hurt's character might be the same person as the Doctor... but he isn't the Doctor.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 18, 2013 7:02 pm

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat May 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:If you haven't seen the Series 7 finale, you should stop reading this thread now and go somewhere else. And by somewhere else, I mean to watch the goddamn episode. Do it.

In other news, I loved it and I dare to say you will too, even if you were initially skeptical of John Hurt's addition to the DW canon. Because really, Moffat did this the best way anyone could. Chris Eccleston is still the 9th Doctor, Tennant the 10th and Smith the 11th. John Hurt's character might be the same person as the Doctor... but he isn't the Doctor.

Nope, not at all. For one thing, that's still a whole regeneration gone. For another, you don't get to disown yourself, it simply doesn't work that way.

Imagine I do something out of character and kill a bunch of people. Now, that's so different from how I normally am I can truthfully say I wasn't myself. But guess what? I STILL WAS THAT GUY.

It's... it's bad retroactive continuity. I'm sure there are a dozen lines in NuWho alone which makes this revelation senseless.

At least they never said the Doctor's name. Although WHY a time traveler visiting their grave is a terrible thing is unclear, as Amy and Rory did it. And why does being dead make it such a huge deal? I'll grant you he's never seen a future self from the POV we're given bust past Doctors have met the "Present" Doctor multiple times.

...Parts were good, and at least it'll maybe get some NuWho fans to watch some classics, but I'm too upset over John Hurt to enjoy this. And that "Introducing" thing was kinda dumb.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun May 19, 2013 12:02 pm

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:24 pm

So, Matt Smith officially announced his leaving the show.

Now if John Hurt really was the 9th Doctor (I don't buy it, he's 8.5 in my eyes) this next actor would be the last, at least until they come up with some shenanigans to keep the Doctor alive, which they'll obviously do.

I'm hoping Benedict Cumberbatch for 12. Just because. I mean, he's already an alien, right?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:07 pm

TheTJ wrote:So, Matt Smith officially announced his leaving the show.

Now if John Hurt really was the 9th Doctor (I don't buy it, he's 8.5 in my eyes) this next actor would be the last, at least until they come up with some shenanigans to keep the Doctor alive, which they'll obviously do.

I'm hoping Benedict Cumberbatch for 12. Just because. I mean, he's already an alien, right?

I don't quite like that idea.

Also isn't he supposed to be the Master in the 50th?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top