Doctor Who

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite Doctor (Not including Paul McGann because he has the fewest stories as the Doctor.)

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]
54% 54% 
[ 13 ]
17% 17% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

Re: Doctor Who

Post  TheTJ on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Oh man, I'm TORN.

Night of the Doctor came out and.. well...

Spoiler:
Paul McGann regenerates into John Hurt. No two ways about it.

BUT he also did something amazing! He name checked all of the companions he had in the Big Finish audio plays. Now, if Night of the Doctor is considered canon (Which it certainly seems like) then that means Big Finish was brought into canon as well. This is... pretty exciting really!

Also, it's a well written and well acted piece which would lead into the Time War nicely and is basically one big reference to Classic Who while tying itself to NuWho.

So, I'm looking forward to the special, of course I am, and I'm sure I'll love every minute of it, just not the way Hurt works with the New Series.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:10 pm

TD260 wrote:Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces and "Sweetie" tank tops don't really resonate well with the male fanbase either... Razz
I was assuming they'd be for the lucky ladies in your lives Razz

Also TJ, I assume you already know of this, but if not something you might be interested in: An Adventure In Time and Space

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm looking forward to watching that when it comes out... I THINK it should be on BBCA, I'll have to double check.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:27 am

I don't understand what exactly is wrong with

Spoiler:
John Hurt being the "real" ninth Doctor. For first, you have goddamn John Hurt playing the Doctor.
Secondly, we were never shown McGann regenerating into Eccleston. Why wasn't this suspicious to anyone before? It's a brilliant twist by Moffat and it reminds us that we don't really know the Doctor. Really, is there any canonical piece of story where Eccleston is referred to as Nine, Tennant as Ten and Smith as Eleven? No, there isn't. It's just a way of cataloguing the fans do. This is an amazing twist and if they have an excuse to personify the Doctor's darker actions in the war as a completely new actor and character (moreover if you have an excuse to have John Hurt playing the Doctor), I don't see anything wrong with it.

In other news, so glad I didn't get Night of the Doctor spoiled for me. I was clapping like a walrus when the opening credits started rolling and never really stopped.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:02 am

I just love the fact that that the Horned King is the only Disney Villian voiced by the the Doctor.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:I don't understand what exactly is wrong with

Spoiler:
John Hurt being the "real" ninth Doctor. For first, you have goddamn John Hurt playing the Doctor.
Secondly, we were never shown McGann regenerating into Eccleston. Why wasn't this suspicious to anyone before? It's a brilliant twist by Moffat and it reminds us that we don't really know the Doctor. Really, is there any canonical piece of story where Eccleston is referred to as Nine, Tennant as Ten and Smith as Eleven? No, there isn't. It's just a way of cataloguing the fans do. This is an amazing twist and if they have an excuse to personify the Doctor's darker actions in the war as a completely new actor and character (moreover if you have an excuse to have John Hurt playing the Doctor), I don't see anything wrong with it.

In other news, so glad I didn't get Night of the Doctor spoiled for me. I was clapping like a walrus when the opening credits started rolling and never really stopped.
Spoiler:
Two things about it bother me. The first is that it is VERY CLEAR the show itself had no idea they'd be wedging in another Doctor Between 8 and 9. They even had those 11s tied to Matt Smith (The Eleventh Hour, in Gods and Monsters his number was 11, Fall of the 11th on Trenzelore, etc.) Because of this any 3rd party stories relying on 9, 10, or 11s numbers being correct are screwed. The Forgotten is a good example, as this wasn't even the numbering of the Doctors that was in question, but all past lives. John Hurt, despite being such a huge turning point in the Doctor's personae, is nowhere, not even a "Here's that blank area we can't mention" display.

And they're trying to say it won't mess with the Doctors numbers... It will because John Hurt is the Doctor making the hardest choices, not "Some guy" making those choices. They expect to get away with 'He's different so he doesn't count." and I call BS. If you're going to add a Doctor in the middle (And I wish you wouldn't) At least Nut Up and push the numbers on officially.

The Other problem is John Hurt is going to be the Doctor for ONE day. It'll be the special and then quits. Imagine if a new Doctor did that. Peter Capaldi shows up and in one episode is regenerating again. Fans wouldn't put up with it no matter how good the episode because Doctors have their own ERAs. Granted, some are short, but they can be extended with audios, novels, and comics. I don't think for a second that Hurt's Doctor will get any of those, or just choose not to do them. Richard E Grant will have spent more time as The Doctor than Hurt, and he was just ANOTHER 9th Doctor that wasn't the Doctor. Make John Hurt the Doctor, fine. Make John Hurt the Doctor for ONE EPISODE and spend an entire regeneration doing it? Not so good. And no, not because of the regeneration limit, we all know the Doctor will get around that one. It's that we'll never get to adequately explore his Doctor. And that's a shame.

So yeah, there are reasons for not liking how things have gone, foremost among them is they could have done much better by keeping Hurt to play some future or alternate Doctor and let McGann fight the Time War. That's what most people thought anyway. You don't have to fool us to entertain us Moffett, just tell a good story.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

So... there's this:

http://www.change.org/petitions/steven-moffat-paul-mcgann-create-a-series-of-live-action-eighth-doctor-adventures#share

It's a petition to give Paul McGann his own series (Probably on the web) after his amazing performance in Night of the Doctor. I thought I'd go ahead and share it with you guys.

I'll just, uh... leave that link up there.

Sign if you want.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:20 am

The Day...

...It has ARRIVED!

...Happy Whomas everyone!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Whomas? Seriously? Rolling Eyes 

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:41 pm

That was completely amazing. It was a perfect mix of shameless fanservice and well-written, deep analysis of the character of Doctor. A great one from Moffat and one of the best episodes in the series, period. John Hurt's War Doctor was just incredible. It's a damn shame that this will be the only thing where he's the Doctor.
I will spend the next few days watching this again and again. Just magical.

Spoiler:
The moment when the 13 TARDISes rolled in. And when Peter Capaldi's face flashed onscreen for a single second. I jumped from my sofa. Just amazing.
I think I've been grinning since Tom Baker showed his face. And one thing that I really love about Moffat's time in the series is that the show has gotten its optimism back.

Also, if you haven't squealed like a fangirl enough already, here's a trailer for the Christmas special:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m3n7m

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 pm

I haven't seen an episode past Asylum of the Daleks, But my was that an amazing Episode.

Spoiler:

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!

I loved that episode! With the Time War and all of the Doctors and the Fifth Doctor and THE FACT THAT GALLIFREY LIVES!

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 am

I think only Raya will get this reference Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Be fair, Red Dwarf has it's fans outside of the UK.

Also, this happened, and I have to say this was about the best way this premise could have gone.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Hahaha, yes I do get it Fed Laughing

For the Doctor Who fanatics: 35 easter eggs from the anniversary special. Did you spot them all?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Question for the Whovians out there, since your fandom might actually give me clues about my fandom.

On last night’s episode of Sherlock, Mycroft makes a casual remark about there being a third Holmes brother. I couldn’t remember any mention of another brother in the original books, so doing some research it turns out there’s a hypothesised third brother- Sherrinford- who was believed to have existed but was never actually mentioned. And as it turned out Sherrinford appeared in a Doctor Who novel, and as we know Gatiss and Moffat do a lot of writing for Doctor Who...

So guys, what was the deal with Sherrinford? What happened to him?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm

I could act like a total know-it-all and say "Spoilers" to act like I know exactly what happened but won't tell. Truth is I haven't gotten to that book yet if it exists. I have a 4th Doctor novel I haven't read yet that might fit the bill... actually, let me leaf through it real quick.

OK, I was wrong, but I found the tie in.

There was a 7th Doctor novel called "All-Consuming Fire" in which Sherringford, the eldest Holmes brother, worships Azathoth, the weakest of the Great Old Ones.

...Not sure how much of that's gonna be relevant, but there you go.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:39 pm

TheTJ wrote:
There was a 7th Doctor novel called "All-Consuming Fire" in which Sherringford, the eldest Holmes brother, worships Azathoth, the weakest of the Great Old Ones.

...Not sure how much of that's gonna be relevant, but there you go.

Wait a minute. Azathoth. The Daemon Sultan. The blind idiot god of Lovecraftian mythology, the strongest of the Great Old Ones, who's so powerful that if he wakes all of existence will end, the one being who makes all the other Old Ones tremble in fear.

He's in a novel involving Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who which is actually canon.

...........I don't even, I mean, what? This is actually a thing?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Must've gotten my Old Ones mixed up there but yeah. Yeah that was a thing.

It's this kind of thing which makes me love Doctor Who. Literally ANY story can be told.

Although as far as Canon goes the novels are tenuous at best. This is almost certainly not canon in relation to the show, but it DOES in run canon with the other books from the same line, the "New Adventures"

See? Truth Below!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:13 pm

I love that cover. An eccentrically-dressed man hanging out with a famous 19th century personality whilst attempting to fight off a byakhee with an umbrella. I'm pretty sure this is just fanart for one of my roleplays...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Chances are you guys probably know about this, but just in case not, I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Go to Earl's Court Rd in London and you'll see a blue police box. Click on the double arrows pointing at it...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 pm

So, in a little over a week the Louisville comic con will be starting and I'll get to meet Matt Smith and Karren Gillan. James Marsters will be there too, along with Summer Glau, Billy Boyd, and Sean Astin.

Gonna be a good day.

Two weeks after that I'm going to be holding my own 2 hour Doctor Who fan Panel at another convention. Finally after years of saying "I know more than these guys" when going to panels I'm putting it to the test.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:42 am

TheTJ wrote:So, in a little over a week the Louisville comic con will be starting and I'll get to meet Matt Smith and Karren Gillan. James Marsters will be there too, along with Summer Glau, Billy Boyd, and Sean Astin.

Gonna be a good day.

Two weeks after that I'm going to be holding my own 2 hour Doctor Who fan Panel at another convention. Finally after years of saying "I know more than these guys" when going to panels I'm putting it to the test.

I know James Marsters is known for Buffy but he'll always be my voice of choice for the Dresden Files audiobooks.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:14 am

Actually, that was exactly what I was going to tell him too.

(Also, he was John Hart in Torchwood, so Doctor Who connection)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:10 am

I'm suddenly reminded of when I watched through Torchwood with a friend and John Hart made his first appearance. He effortlessly picks up some guy from the ground and my friend comments "Whoa, he's strong". My first reaction was "Well, he is a vampire".

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Oh no.... I discovered there was a Doctor Who Pinball Machine, with a plot and complicated rules and everything.

I... need to buy it. I MUST. What's $5K anyway? It'll only take me about 6 months of saving to get that kind of cash built up... if I'm careful.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top