Party games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Party games

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 pm

I created with a simple request for discussion, and that's party games. Despite being a big PC gamer, I still use my consoles when I'm kicking it with friends. I consider the ability to play all together on the same couch to be one of the biggest advantages of console multiplayer. So, this thread is about party games, multiplayer gaming that is indended for a more casual play with a group of friends, gamer or non-gamer.

To get the ball rolling, I am going to be having some friends over for some vidya, and I am looking to get down on some Mario Party. As near as I can tell, all of them are about the same, but I am looking for one I can get used that has fun maps and fun minigames. GC is preferred, as I have 4 gc controllers but only one wiimote (I could get moar, if need be). Any suggestions on which ones are good?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Party games

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm

if you have only 1 wii-mote, definatly try to pick up warioware for cheap. goes hilarious and plays with a max of 8 friends I believe.

to bad the girls I hang out with want to play Raving Rabbids all the time X3 why did I download that again?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Here's where I am right now, after doing some research:

I've actually played a fair number fo these at peoples houses. I enjoyed MP 1 and MP 2, but I lack the n64 to play them on, this also somewhat disqualifies MP 3. I never got around to playing MP 4, and I don't think I could easily find that in my area, but if it's any good I could hunt it down. MP 5 was pretty fun, and 6 wasn't very fun (I didn't like any of the maps, or the whole day/night feature). Never played MP 7, but the maps don't look very fun. I played MP 8 for the Wii with some friends and we got a nice kick out of it but I don't have enough wiimotes.

At this point, I am leaning towards renting Mario Party 8, even though I only have 3 Wiimotes between my friends and I.

Last edited by SurgePox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah man, I dunno, all I hear about Mario Party is that anything beyond 3, 4 tops, sucks, but WarioWare would be a good choice. I once played WarioWare: Smooth Moves at a friend's house, and it was freaking hilarious. Plus you can play with a crapton of people with just one Wiimote. Wii Sports Resort also has surprisingly addicting games *coughcoughandWiiMotionPluscoughcough*.

...I'd say WarioWare.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:06 pm

I'll keep an eye out for WarioWare, it seem to suit all of my needs. We'll probably just end up playing SSBM or SSBB anyways, knowing us. The reason Mario Party seemed appealing was the fact that we can sit down and play a single game for an hour or an hour and a half, and that it's not a game that requires your full, constant attention. Also, the mad shit talk that goes down in games of Mario Party is priceless.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 pm

I saw this thread title and immediately though of multiple drinking games, sigh.

I'm one for a little oldschool. If your friends are fans of gaming then Goldeneye 64 is great. It's rightly a classic and has loads of variety (paintball and giant head mode? AWESOME). Saying that, believe it or not the mini-games on Pokemon Stadium 2 are loads of fun, and you need no knowledge of Pokemon whatsoever.

Dancing games are also a winner, but it really depends if your friends would go for something like that or not.

(sorry Surge, not much help on your Mario Party question there Razz)

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Dancing games seem like they would be condusive to causing my friends to accidentally break my stuff. I agree that goldeneye is a great partay game, but sadly I don't have access to a 64. Everyone here at least has played videogames, but we all have varying skill levels, so something that isn't so skill-centric would hopefully be fun for everyone.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:07 pm

I played Mario Party 8, had a pretty good time. Mostly 'cause my friend and I turned it in to a drinking game - every time you won a round, take a shot. xD
It's good fun, though I was expecting more...well, movement, considering it's for the Wii. Still kinda cool, even if one full game takes quite a while.

My other party games are 'Just Dance', which is epic if you have the space for it, and 'uSing'...which is hella expensive and there really aren't many songs on it. Eh.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Why not ruin your friendships and initiate total war with mario Kart? I wasted days of my life on MK64's multiplayer

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 pm

NSMB Wii? xD
Instant friendship killer.

Ooh, don't forget Brawl! But not, like "FOX ONLY. NO ITEMS. FINAL DESTINATION." type Brawl, play for fun. Razz
edit: oops, see you mentioned that already. My bad. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

All of The MP. NSMBW. FUCK YES. only played it with my brother all the way though and we had a very fun time. All the times we killed each other on purpose and on accident. XD

Also Dokapon kingdom is another awesome party game, Just don't expect to have friends by the end. Razz

I will post here if I remember any more.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

queen_camilla wrote:NSMB Wii? xD
Instant friendship killer.
QFT. Same applies to Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. I raged so hard at my friends over that one.

Also, this Dokapon kingdom game sounds really rad, Viero. How long does an average game of that last?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Well, It is mario party, a rpg game , and monopoly combined. And it depends, you can go from 1 week (7 turns) to 999 weeks. So VERY short. or SO VERY VERY LONG. My bro and I do 50 weeks and it has taken us like over 24 hours and we are not done.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Raya wrote:I saw this thread title and immediately though of multiple drinking games, sigh.

No sighing, that's epic cause we're on the same page Razz Umu, finding party games on the Wii is easy, racking my mind for multi player games on the GC & all I can think about are the Nintendo based ones: Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, & one of my personal faves, Mario Strikers Razz Seriously, my friend fucking raged cause we kept losing, & then he & I started making a come back on our 3rd game. After it was like 7-0, my friend (it was this friend's GC BTW) grabbed the GC & threw it on the ground....then started laughing. Cause he's weird.....& it still worked. Lawl. The last game we played was also the one where the goalie tried to go over & pick up the soccer ball & tipped it into the goal Razz Good times, good times.....also, if you're looking for an FPS, TimeSplitters was ported over to GC me thinks, that's a fun split screen one~

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Safetyfirst on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:36 pm

If I do use a console at parties, its usually a ps2 cause all my family ar cheap, so we usually have to play like Buzz or EyeToy

Safetyfirst
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Fobby's birthday parties always contain a Brawl tournament of some kind, which always end with me and him, throwing down in the final round. I usually like to bring out Mario Kart, because it's easier for most of my non-gamer friends to pick up, and awesomely fun. As for Mario Party, oh lawdy, I have 1, 3, 4, 7 and 8. I never really got around to playing 8, but 3 is by far the best of those 5. Also, Chance Time music is fucking win.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:00 am

guitar hero would be cool if you have the money. god that was stupid of me to buy that Razz thank god I could download guitar hero 3 till 5 and everything in between.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Safetyfirst on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:07 am

Avalanche91 wrote:guitar hero would be cool if you have the money. god that was stupid of me to buy that Razz thank god I could download guitar hero 3 till 5 and everything in between.

Guitar hero is only a fun 'party game' if u have 2 guitars. Otherwise, arguments are created. Lots of them

*edit: Woot for my 200th post!?!?!?!?@!$?!$?!$?!$!?

Safetyfirst
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top