TWBB Mafia Game 5: Forum War- Game over!

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 5: Forum War- Game over!

Post  Weldar on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Quaetam wrote:Just "getting things started" is a stock mafia tactic. When it's day 1 and no one has any leads to go on it's very easy to be misled.

I disagree strongly, I may have been mafia last game but what I was saying was what I genuinely believe is good for the townies. Bandwagoning on no lynch is a wasted day, I don't mind if we settle on no lynch in the end but I think you should throw out some votes first see what happens, how people react. It may not be immediately useful but later on once you know the affiliation of some players the voting records can be very useful analysis. A no lynch bandwagon on the other hand tells us nothing.

So, Vote: Hans, not only did you fail to save me last game but now you're saying you would have killed Surge anyway which would have killed me.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Seeing as it's the fifth game, I'm gonna point something out that seems to happen around this point. Just because Hans or I were Mafia last game, doesn't instantly clear us, and vice versa, people like TD or Spont (who, if memory serves, have never been Mafia) are no more likely to be mafia this game than any other.

Now that that's out of the way... I'll hold my vote for now. If someone cracks under the pressure, I'll have my vote for them, if not, I'll vote for no one. Also, Raya, how long will the days be?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I agree with Weldar. Weldar, you should totally PM me and we can maybe form an alliance, assuming you are a Townie.

I vote: Viero because he seems to try to flaunt the fact he has not played long. A pity card that someone trully innocent would not use (Td in the first game is an exception)

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Also, Raya, how long will the days be?
Raya wrote:b]Rules and Stuff[/b]
- Days will generally last around 48 hours; I'll make an announcement when the phase will end. It may be extended due to lack of actions/votes etc.

The day phase will end on Tuesday 20th at 9pm GMT

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:50 pm

I can't help but remember that game that was put into EVERY ad bar on gaming sites with a similar name... forumwarz i think.

... Oh, we're voting? No one

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks Smashbro. Next time maybe I should stop texting while reading XD

In any case... Yeah TD, forumwarz was literally on every banner I saw. Now it sucks, and they don't advertise, but, back to the game, Snake does have some credibility in his accusations of Viero.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Damn right I do, this is not my first rodeo, Bitches.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Weldar wrote:
Quaetam wrote:Just "getting things started" is a stock mafia tactic. When it's day 1 and no one has any leads to go on it's very easy to be misled.

I disagree strongly, I may have been mafia last game but what I was saying was what I genuinely believe is good for the townies. Bandwagoning on no lynch is a wasted day, I don't mind if we settle on no lynch in the end but I think you should throw out some votes first see what happens, how people react. It may not be immediately useful but later on once you know the affiliation of some players the voting records can be very useful analysis. A no lynch bandwagon on the other hand tells us nothing.

So, Vote: Hans, not only did you fail to save me last game but now you're saying you would have killed Surge anyway which would have killed me.

Gee you're nice, but whatever, this post will come back to haunt you, I guarantee it.

Also, What the fuck was I supposed to do to save you when you let me die on my own on the second day?

Last edited by Hans on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Double post because of no editing.

Snake, you raise a fair point, but for now I wanna stay at noone, just because a little bit of conjecture just ain't enough to convince me.

Vote: Nobody

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I agree with you, Weldar, on account that you're describing the exact same tactics I used last game (acting just like a townie). By stock mafia tactics (describing what Viero said) I meant very transparent. I also agree that voting for nobody doesn't get us anywhere, but damn, it's only a few hours into the first day. I'd almost want to call both you and SIAB out for voting so early, when Viero and Hans have done nothing but act a bit naive. I also want to point out something that worked exceedingly well against the mafia last game. Even though a mass vote on nobody doesn't get us far, it worked to root out Hans in the first game without the risk of killing an innocent. Drawing out a day like this could force the mafia to play a few too many of their cards, so to speak, just as it did last game. It even cleared things up a lot by eliminating Fobby and showing numerous townies (Surge, SIAB, Avalanche) who they could trust. You can deduce quite a lot from what people say, almost just as much as their actions.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:20 pm

people are going to have their own style of playing. So generalizing and saying "A pity card that someone trully innocent would not use." is not really a good reason.

But still. I was just saying that I am still learning which you know is true. I was not even being accused of anything, no danger. So why would I try to really defend myself from that?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Call me out too while you're at it. I stand by my reason for voting no one.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Hans wrote:
Gee you're nice, but whatever, this post will come back to haunt you, I guarantee it.

Also, What the fuck was I supposed to do to save you when you let me die on my own on the second day?

Hans this is a meaningless grudge vote, I don't think you're anymore likely to be mafia than anyone else. More on this later.

And I would have saved if I could have, but at that point there was no way for any of us to do it without pretty much outing ourselves.

Quaetam wrote:I agree with you, Weldar, on account that you're describing the exact same tactics I used last game (acting just like a townie). By stock mafia tactics (describing what Viero said) I meant very transparent. I also agree that voting for nobody doesn't get us anywhere, but damn, it's only a few hours into the first day. I'd almost want to call both you and SIAB out for voting so early, when Viero and Hans have done nothing but act a bit naive. I also want to point out something that worked exceedingly well against the mafia last game. Even though a mass vote on nobody doesn't get us far, it worked to root out Hans in the first game without the risk of killing an innocent. Drawing out a day like this could force the mafia to play a few too many of their cards, so to speak, just as it did last game. It even cleared things up a lot by eliminating Fobby and showing numerous townies (Surge, SIAB, Avalanche) who they could trust. You can deduce quite a lot from what people say, almost just as much as their actions.

Now see this is exactly what I'm saying, I agree with you entirely. Last game is a great example of my point. The townies got a lot of good from that day, but it wouldn't have happened if everyone had bandwagoned nobody. Not much progress was made in the thread until fobby showed up and really stirred things up. Had everyone just voted nobody most of what you mentioned probably wouldn't have happened. Like I said I don't mind if the vote settles on nobody in the end but I think you have to stir up the water first.

Like I said before my vote for Hans is just a pointless grudge vote. I like to throw down a grudge vote and apply some pressure and see how people react to it. Yes I think it is a good idea to see what people do but like above if you just sit and wait for people to do something they're less likely to do anything at all.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 pm

If nobody else is doing it but I'll do it.
VOTE:DRTJR
It's fucking tradition

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm

You are in the clear and you still want to be voted?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:05 pm

No somebody every Mafia game Votes for me in the first round so I'll do it for Tradition!

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:10 pm

>reverse psychology

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:19 pm

XD I say I agree with that but fuck man.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Jeeze Viero, you act like I am accusing you of murder. You haven't committed any crimes.... yet.....

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be suspicious of you?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Lol I love how when I say something trying to explain my reasons it comes out as me taking it as a big deal when I mean it as just a statement and a question.

And to your question. At this early point in the game I can give you as good as reason as anyone else has. I am a townie.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenArcher628 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm

DRTJR wrote:If nobody else is doing it but I'll do it.
VOTE:DRTJR
It's fucking tradition

Hey, I feel like Viero, wtf man? But I like Traditions more....I'll do it!

Vote: DRTJR

GreenArcher628
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Eh, bandwagon voting will get us nowhere, I'ma think about this.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Viero wrote:Lol I love how when I say something trying to explain my reasons it comes out as me taking it as a big deal when I mean it as just a statement and a question.

And to your question. At this early point in the game I can give you as good as reason as anyone else has. I am a townie.

Intellectualizing? No sir. That statement was a few big words too many. If you want me to break it down,

1 Lol I love how when I - Being nonchalant. as if calling you out was no big deal When actually right now you are pissing your pants.

2 say something trying to explain my reasons it comes out as me - Now you have resorted to trying to make me look like the fool for calling out a "Townie" in the first place

3 taking it as a big deal - You are taking it as a big deal. half the time, when a townie gets called out, they knock it off as stupid. Unless more than one or two people jump on it, there is no reason to constantly defend yourself.

4 when I mean it as just a statement and a question. - This part does not even make sense. You are just digging a hole while looking for a way out of it.

*Takes off sunglasses and walks away from explosion slowly*

Boom Baby.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:07 pm

You're doing that thing again Snake.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Someone just made smashbro's suspicion list.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top