TWBB Mafia Game 5: Forum War- Game over!

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 5: Forum War- Game over!

Post  Ansem on Sat May 15, 2010 3:24 am

smashbro wrote:JGH27 was SurgePox and DRTJR was Blue Madness. JGH27 was the PM blocker and DRTJR ended the days once. I'm guessing Ansem ended the day the other time (of course, I mean smashbro loves locking threads) and the power was a one-time use.

Nope,

i was you though, but i was too busy nooping around in people's profile's, finding stuff out, ya know?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat May 15, 2010 4:35 am

Weldar wrote:
One small complaint Raya, I think you should have been a little clearer about win conditions from the beginning. Like Spont said if I hadn't saved myself from that lynch we would have won. At the time however I was operating under the assumption that if I died it was game over for me and that if all the trolls died I could win by backstabbing Spont, in fact that was my original game plan. I suppose I can take a small personal victory in the fact that plan succeeded. I do wish I'd claimed to be aligned with the townies, but at the time I was worried about the mafia kill and though dying equaled death. I'm surprised anyone even believed the protege story a tiny bit, I pulled that one right out of my ass and was expecting it to get shot down almost instantly.

Do you mean that you weren't told of the Admin's winning conditions until you found Spont? That was because, until you found him, your alignment wasn't Admin, you were just a 3rd party. I couldn't give the game away until you found each other; besides, I hope it gave you an incentive Razz If it's about being the Survivor if the other Admin dies, that was my bad. I left it out the original post to you when your role changed. You wouldn't have needed to backstab Spont, although the look on his face would have been priceless.

If you'd died before you found Spont, it would have been game over for you, and Spont could have only been stopped by getting killed.

Fedaykin wrote:
I have one question,Raya.Snake could investigate corpses,right?Green had the ability to burn any corpse and used it on Viero,so actually,there shouldn't have been a corpse to investigate or am I mistaken?

Burning the corpse hid the alignment. Snake could investigate a dead player with a hidden alignment (there was another ability that hid an alignment also) and find out what it was. If the alignment was known he could find out clues to their ability. When I finish the roles commentary it'll be a bit clearer.

SuicideAngel wrote:Very Nice ^^ It was a great first game! Unfair first role imo but it ended up not being too bad XD
Btw Mafia I was not a mod as you may have thought ;P Suckers! lol!

You had a bit of a rocky start, but towards the end you really got the hang of the game. Good going. Yeah, you managed to roll a role that was a bit tough for a beginner, but you did a bloody good job of convincing the mafia you were a mod Very Happy

Avalanche, who did you think the doctor was? At one point you PM'd me and said you weren't hiding in the box and you hoped the doctor would protect you, but this was long after Q had died. Who told you they were the doctor? I was dying to know, but obviously couldn't ask you then!

A bit of commentary on the game itself:

- The PM system, urgh. It kneecapped this game. Same with mass roleclaiming. Still, at least we now know in the future how to handle them!

- There was quite a bit of inactivity in this game, either from lack of votes or people not using their powers. I feel the game might have turned out differently if everyone was active. This is a problem we've had in a lot of mafia games with people signing up and not really doing anything. Especially for the mafia in this, where two of their members were AWOL. We can't really turn round and say people can't join games though. Thoughts on dealing with this?

- Lowering the number of times a limited ability can be used would be a good idea to consider in the future.

- The town's detective and doctor both died right at the start of the game. If the mafia had known it probably would've given them a bit of hope!

- Spont killed both the mods, haha.

- There were some moments of utterly hilarity from my point of view as people unwittingly used their abilities to mess up what someone else was doing. I'll talk a bit more about that when I post up the roles.

- I loved doing the write ups, and I'm glad you all seemed to enjoy them. I tried to make them as entertaining as possible. Hopefully it cushioned the blow of dying!

- Being a GM is a lot of fun (well, when the players aren't making you cry Razz), if a lot of work. I'd certainly like to do it again, but I'll definitely be having a break first!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat May 15, 2010 7:17 am

I wonder who had the DRTJR role and what it did

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat May 15, 2010 7:19 am

I had it.Basically,if I supported someone doing a nightkill,it would become unblockable.However,if somebody used an ability on me or the supported killer,we both would be affected by that ability

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat May 15, 2010 7:49 am

Yeah Raya I was mainly talking about the game over if one of us died after the trolls or townies had lost. I had been thinking that once the trolls were dead I could let us get in a successful kill and then reveal that may tamed serial killer wasn't all so tame and get him lynched resulting in victory for me. Sorry Spont but really I knew we had almost no chance of winning as a mafia of two.

A few comments about my role actually. I feel that as a mafia of two Spont and I were really underpowered. The fact is that the best way for us to win would probably have been for one of us to commit suicide and that doesn't really feel right to me. The no discussing our kill rule felt like a bit much to me. I put that restriction on the Ice Climbers in my game because a thought a straight up vig would be too much for the town. I can understand not wanting too many kills around at once but the fact is sticking that restriction a small team like us really shafted us. It would have been fine if our win condition didn't require us to kill, it was just a bonus power, but the fact is we needed it. In the end Spont and I practically broke that rule while we didn't discuss who ti kill we did discuss who we thought the mods were and we both knew our only shot at winning was to kill them mods. Still overall it was a good role, I had fun.

Now I'll give some of my points about the game in general here as well.

To everyone who claimed to Snake on day 1, you're all still idiots. Sure it worked out great for you this gamer but it would have been so easy for him to have been mafia at that point, there was no reason to be sure he was innocent. Sure mass claims to a confirmed innocent are annoying but one can see why they would happen but a medium scale claim to an unconfirmed, seriously people?

The pm system. To be perfectly honest I think the big problem isn't really the pm system itself. This probably belongs in the other thread but I'll post here anyway. PMs themself are really a double edged sword, they can be used to the advantage of the mafia as well as the townies, remember my game guys, that had one or two examples of this (not including Raya and her epic godfatherliess). The mass claiming is the real problem. But really I think the best solution here is to make it less effective. Small things like giving mafains a fake innocent role pm and maybe maybe giving on or two of them a small power to back it up and making the mafia knowing their role more risky for the townies somehow could go a long way. Like Snake said at one point further restricting pms won't stop alliances, I've seem an alliance for with a 2 pm limit but if you can reduce the effectiveness of a mass claim they'll probably be less likely to happen and when they do they should have less effect. If everyone can provide you with a ship shape role and can't catch a mafain by their roleclaims then the mass claim will do little, you still can't be sure who you can trust.

Now inactivity, this is a big problem but really there's little that can be done. You can get harsh and modkill players for 2-3 days of failing to vote or send in actions (of course that would only apply to actions that you'd want to be using every night like say cop scans. For something like a vigilante then obviously they won't be sending in an action every night). And if someone is really bad with this and repeatedly ends up being inactive then you can just simply not allow them in your games. We don't have anyone that bad here but I've seen some serious lurkers before and they can do a lot of damage.

I probably had more to say but I forget now. I need some sleep. I look forward to the full role list Raya.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat May 15, 2010 8:54 am

Weldar wrote:To everyone who claimed to Snake on day 1, you're all still idiots. Sure it worked out great for you this gamer but it would have been so easy for him to have been mafia at that point, there was no reason to be sure he was innocent. Sure mass claims to a confirmed innocent are annoying but one can see why they would happen but a medium scale claim to an unconfirmed, seriously people?

I agree with this one, you guys were complete lemmings Razz. The only person who I came in contact with Day 1 was Hans, and he contacted me. Even then I didn't claim to him, I just told him I'd be willing to work together but I'd be watching him until I had 100% proof of his innocence. The very fact that he came out and contacted me slightly vindicated him though, as it's very unlike how he's played previously. I still didn't trust him until after I'd died. I didn't want to contact snake simply because he was being so open about establishing his alliance. In fact, I was more suspicious of him than of Viero.

I was actually also surprised at how well the protege thing worked, Weldar (even though I have to say it was quite an awesome alibi on your part). Had I been alive my suggestion would simply have been to kill Spont just in case. With about 12 people left, and 3 mods (at the time Spont's innocence first came into question), it was worth the risk, especially when the town essentially knew he was an Admin and not a mod.

The pm system....

I had thought about that suggestion, the giving the mafia fake innocent PMs, but in all realities the process of elimination can still override this once you start to see peoples' powers work. I also think it would be really lame to have all the roles in my game be figured out from the get-go: Even if the massclaim is rendered less effective by fake PMs, they'll still have a very good idea of people's roles. One Man Teams stand little to no chance in that environment, and it's hard to create an environment of intrigue and speculation in a game that has mostly been revealed. Also, I'm still willing to take any and all suggestions on the PM system for my game. I have a good solution in mind, but I'm always open to anything better.

Now inactivity...

I've been thinking about this one. I think that if someone downright disappears for an extended period (maybe 3 or so days), modkilling them is probably the best approach. However, they should be warned first. Just killing them off without at least attempting to get them back is incredibly draconian modding.

Anyways, here's to an excellent game Raya! (which I had the misfortune to not be much of a part of :/) Can't wait to see the roles!

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat May 15, 2010 9:50 am

Weldar wrote:To everyone who claimed to Snake on day 1, you're all still idiots. Sure it worked out great for you this gamer but it would have been so easy for him to have been mafia at that point, there was no reason to be sure he was innocent. Sure mass claims to a confirmed innocent are annoying but one can see why they would happen but a medium scale claim to an unconfirmed, seriously people?

I agree, I was not a confirmed at the time of my Alliance making.

And please note that since I had to lie about my role, No one in my alliance actually knew what my role was. they gave me theirs, and I sent em on their way.

And before anyone complains about how cheap the Mass Roleclaim was, please let me remind them that it had no effect to the game as it was. I NEVER got to use it to go after the people I thought were Mafia. Which were TJ and Fed. I died before I could say anything, and I didn't plan on saying anything to begin with.

Though I will admit, I gave the list to Falco like 5 hours before the night phase that ended up killed me. I felt like She could discreetly use it, without breaking the game and saying "I HAVE SNAKES LIST" immediately.

I do not look at what I did last as supercheap, or game breaking, seeing how it had no effect on the full game. If you want to comment on my game playing, please don't say I broke everything with claiming. Say that using smooth talking, I convinced everyone I was a somebody, and with that I took out 2 Mafia.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat May 15, 2010 9:56 am

Oh. And you said that you would explain why the people who were trolls turned out to be trolls in the first place Raya?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am

I do not look at what I did last as supercheap, or game breaking, seeing how it had no effect on the full game. If you want to comment on my game playing, please don't say I broke everything with claiming. Say that using smooth talking, I convinced everyone I was a somebody, and with that I took out 2 Mafia.

I agree (although you killed 3 mafia not 2) that you weren't doing anything supercheap, simply because as you've affirmed yourself, you were taking advantage of a loophole in the game. However to say that it had no effect on the game is incorrect: Fact of the matter is, it had a rather large effect on the game. There wasn't a single lynch of a townie IIRC; the only reason the game reached Day 9 was all of the failed/stopped/interrupted lynches (which account for about 4 days I believe, the other 5 being Viero, Surge, Mentok all in a row, and later Warchamp and Spontaneous Combustion). Yes, it was mostly due to your powerful smooth talking, as well as the surprising willingness of the town decided to follow you en masse (possibly due to the influence of Avalanche's powerful Game 4 alliance). However, the only thing that kept the alliance from breaking the game was you yourself, Snake, and your own desire to ensure that you didn't break the game. You were willing to withhold the knowledge of who was mafia and who wasn't. As a few people have said before, the fact that you were able to obtain that info is the problem. The only reason you didn't get to use the Massclaim to go after the people you suspected was because, frankly, you didn't want to.

tl;dr The game wasn't entirely broken but could easily have been, and the mafia was nothing short of screwed over.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm

So Raya, how's that epic giant role post coming?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

So I just noticed the game ended.

HOLY FUCK RAYA YEAH

For the record, I didn't know I'd be the sole winner. Just that I would win if I got lynched.

AMAZING FUCKING ENDING HOLY SHIT

Edit:
smashbro wrote:Sahrimnir was Warchamp and he had the power to bribe people's votes with images. Maybe that's how that one tie was instigated.

Hahaha holy shit Raya <3

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat May 15, 2010 2:10 pm

I love ya Warchamp. Your post made me smile, then I saw your sig Very Happy

What you've all been waiting for, the roles post! I'll split it into two, because it's huge.

-------------

The Townies

The townies' strength lay in synergy. Alone, their abilities weren't very good and even handicapped each other, but when they worked together they grew increasingly powerful. As we saw when the game started breaking, ahem.

Role: Smashbro
Player: Ansem

You're Smashbro, mod extraordinaire and hunter of sockpuppets. Your role is the Detective- once per day you can scan someone and find out their allegiance. If you scan the same person twice you can get an idea of their role. Scan three times and you'll find out all about them.

The last moderator left alive may lose their current ability and become a vigilante instead.

Ansem was the cop. He was the first mod to die, and it was the serial killer who took him out. Still, he got a few scans in before he bit it.

Role: Surgepox
Player: JGH27

You're Surgepox, and you don't take shit from upstart little trolls in your community. Once per day you can choose one of the players- that player cannot send PMs for the rest of the day. If you target a mafia member, they also cannot post on their mafia board. Affected players can still read messages they receive, but cannot reply to them.

The last moderator left alive may lose their current ability and become a vigilante instead.

This was my solution to stop PMs dominating the game, but JGH27 was inactive during the start of the game when all the damage was done. Still, he picked it up later and did a good job at making a nuisance of himself. I'm sure I wasn't the only one giggling at listening to everyone rage about being PM blocked Laughing

Role: Blue Madness
Player: DRTJR

You're Blue Madness, the no-nonsense mod. Three times during the game you can invoke your mighty mod powers and lock the thread (essentially calling the night phase early). Day actions not received will not go ahead, and the lynching will be based on what the current vote was. PM me to declare you've locked the thread. The night phase will happen as soon as I receive the message.

DRTJR was the chap who ended the day phase early at the start of the game. Because he used it twice in a row it seemed like he could do it whenever he wanted. He certainly managed to use his power to the town's advantage!

Role: JGH27
Player: Darkfalco

You're JGH27. With your loyal gun-toting gopher by your side, you're ready to go down fighting for the forum. Your role is the Bomb- should you die, you may take another player down with you. Let me know before the night phase who you want to kill; obviously I can't let you know in advance that the mafia are targeting you!

What can I say? This role was a nasty surprise to whoever the killer was. DF could choose who she wanted to take down. The only time she contacted me was to declare her target was Feday. It would have been hilarious if she'd died and accidently targeted one of the mods though Laughing

Role: Raya
Player: SnakeInABox

You're Raya, the scientist with an unhealthy interest in dead things. During the day you can investigate one of the dead players. If they're unidentified, you can work out their alignment. If their alignment is already known, you can get clues as to their abilities. PM me and let me know who you're investigating.

Also, you must always lie about what your role is. You also cannot tell anybody that you have to lie either...that would be cheating! Wink

I deal with dead things, how could this not be my role? Plus since the mafia could burn bodies I wanted the town to have a way to deal with it. When I was writing up the roles someone suggested to me that my role should be I always had to lie, thanks to what I'd done in the last two games. I loved that idea, so put in the little restriction. Snake did a nice job of dropping hints and working around it, slippery bastard.

Role: Ansem
Player: SuicideAngel

You're Ansem, and you always seem to die first. It's very odd. Your goal is to be the first person killed by the town OR the first person killed by the mafia. If you succeed you will miraculously come back to life with a super-duper ability to help the town. If you fail you'll just be a vanilla townie for the rest of the game.

The mafia had a similar role, I'll talk more about that in the mafia section. Suicide didn't succeed so remained a vanilla townie. I felt a little bad, since this was certainly not a beginner's role! In hindsight I kinda wish Snake had got this role- seeing how he argued with Surge would have made an epic fight on the first day as they both tried to get themselves lynched!

Incidentally, if Suicide had succeeded he would have become the Seer, able to ask me questions about the game itself. That spellbook would have gone to use instead of being rammed down your throat, Ansem Razz

Role: Weldar
Player: Quaetem

You're Weldar, a master of mafia. You're a dab hand at applying logic to both attack and defend. Your role is the Doctor- you can protect someone each night from being killed. PM me during the day to declare who you're protecting.

Sadly Quaetem died on the first night but, despite his misgivings, I think he would have been amazing with this power.

Role: Mentok the Mindtaker
Player: Minby Aran

You're Mentok. You take minds. Ooo-EEE-ooo! During the day you can steal the mind of another player. PM me and tell me whose mind you're taking. Until the dawning of the next day you'll have all the abilities that player has, and they will lose theirs. Be warned though that, although you'll know how to activate the power, you won't know what the ability is until you use it. If I say "You need you target another player", it might mean you have the power of the Detective or the Doc...or perhaps the vigilante!

Mentok's original power was to be the Commuter, representing his constant jetting off. But this one was far funnier. Minby used it well to figure out roles, hence him calling some people out for lying. Sadly he never stole a proper killing power, but oh well. For me he was the source of endless amusement. My favourite was when he stole Smash's (the player) ability, which was blowing up when he died, the night he was targeted by the Admins. The Admins changed their mind though, aww.

Role: Snakeinabox
Player: Avalanche

You're Snakeinabox. What exactly goes on in that box nobody really knows. The newbies do, but they're too traumatised to speak of it. During the day phase you can declare to me via PM that you're hiding in your box. Whilst hidden you cannot be targeted by any powers (they automatically fail), nor can the mafia kill you. You can still be lynched/banned though. You cannot hide on consecutive nights. For instance, if you hide on day 1, you cannot hide again until day 3.

Snake stole Mentok's power. I considered having him be a roleblocker by dragging people into his box and doing unspeakable things to them, but since Mentok became a roleblocker I thought having two of them was a bit too much. So he became a Commuter instead.

Role: Dark Falco
Player: Hans

You're Dark Falco! Always willing to join in and help, sometimes your enthusiasm gets the better of you. You have the magnet ability- when you activate this ability all night actions are drawn to you. This includes kills...

Not much more can be said about this either. Hans didn't get to use the ability before he died.

Role: Queen Camilla
Player: td260

You're Queen Camilla. Your love of Phoenix Wright has taught you to stand up for justice, as well as knowing the best way to stop over-eager prosecutors. Three times during the day, before I declare the night phase, you can stand up and shout "OBJECTION!" If you do the voting will be thrown into chaos and nobody will be lynched that night. Yes, you can use this to protect yourself. PM me and let me know you want to object. The objection will happen when it's night.

I was seriously hoping this ability went off because I was always wanted to have the Phoenix Wright interruption! Td managed to stay under the radar for most of the game, so luckily he didn't need to use it to save himself.

Role: Warchamp7
Player: Sahrimnir

You're Warchamp, and you make the best damn sigs in town. Everybody wants one. During the day you can bribe someone with promises of sweet, sweet images. You gain control of their vote for the day.

Funnily enough Sahrimnir ended up with nearly the same ability he had when we were both mafia in Weldar's game. Hilariously, he kept using to it make people vote for themselves Laughing

Role: Spontaneous Combustion
Player: Smashbro

You're Spontaneous Combustion. You, uh, spontaneously combust. When you die you go up in a blazing inferno. Your allegiance will not be revealed because your charred husk is hard to indentify. However, if you were killed by someone rather than lynched, your sudden combustion will take them by surprise. They lose their abilities for one day. If anybody cares to investigate your killer, they will notice that they stink of smoke.

For Spont's role I was torn between spontaneous combustion or something Rorschach based. I went with the combustion at the end.

Two roles were dropped because there weren't enough players to fill them. These were Minby_Aran and td260. Minby was a Jack-Of-All-Trades: he can the ability to scan, protect, roleblock and vigilante kill, but could only use each ability once. Td260 was a vigilante who could kill every other night (representing the fact he always manages to be a thorn in the opponent's side), but he could only vote for someone who had already been voted for this day phase (he's still easily led astray, bless).

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat May 15, 2010 2:13 pm

The Mafia

The mafia were high risk, high reward. Although using their abilities put them in danger, they could reap massive benefits from succeeding and rip apart the townies, keeping the heat from the Master Troll. It all went a bit pear-shaped though. Surge didn't get his ability, Viero died first and Mentok/Green were inactive. I so badly wanted to help the mafia, but had to refrain because that wouldn't have been fair.

It's been asked why I chose non-obvious people for the trolls. Firstly it was to prevent meta-gaming; if someone roleclaimed as Poochy everyone would assume they were a troll! Secondly it was because their particular abilities balanced out some of the townie abilities. Plus a few of them were, at the time, new members. So no offence, everyone!

Role: Avalanche (Master Troll)
Player: TheTJ

You're Avalanche, you devious git. You're an expert at weaving a web around you and convincing others of your innocence. You appear innocent on scans. Also you're immune to non-usual attacks, such as vigilantes etc. The only way you can die is to be lynched. Any other attacks against you will automatically fail.

It's been mentioned in the thread, Avalanche was the Master Troll because of how he acts in mafia games. He's great at rallying the townsfolk around himself and convincing others of his innocence. He's also very good at using that against people when he's on the mafia side. There was no other choice for the Master Troll then our very own Light Yagami Smile I was worried that making the Master Troll immune to non-lynches would be overpowered, but I was soon proved wrong- the serial killer targeted him on the first night!

Role: Hans
Player: Viero

You're Hans. You're hidden behind 7 proxies; good luck to those trying to find you! Like the Detective you can scan people and get an idea of their abilities. Also, if anyone tries to use an ability on you, you can deflect them onto another mafia member. I'll PM you and let you know you're being targeted. Let me know who you want to deflect the ability onto. If I don't hear back from you the ability will go ahead on you.

Hans was the mafia cop who could also ping abilities around. This was a gamble, as he had no idea just what the ability was! Sadly Viero never really got to use it.

Role: Viero
Player: Surgepox

You're Viero! You try your hardest, bless, but sometimes you don't realise when the joke is on you. You goal is to be the first mafia member killed by the town. If you succeed you won't die, but will miraculously come back to life with a super-duper ability to aid the mafia. If you fail you'll just be a vanilla mafia member for the rest of the game.

The mafia version of Ansem's role! Between those two roles and Fobby I expected a big three-way battle for the lynch on day 1. Sadly didn't happen though. Still, Surge did a great job at trying to die.

If Surge had succeeded he would have become the mafia doctor, able to protect the others from kills and also sacrificing himself to save a mafia member from the lynch.

Role: DRTJR
Player: Fedaykin

You're DRTJR. Although not much of a fighter by yourself, you're skilled at backing up others and spreading your own special sort of mayhem. Each night you can choose to assist whichever one of the mafia is performing the kill. Your assistance makes the kill unblockable. Be warned however that, whilst assisting, any ability that targets you or your colleague will instead affect both of you.

The townies had a lot of protection going around, so this was the mafia's way to combat it. Big risk though, as pairing up made them vulnerable to abilities such as the detective's scanning! Luckily Feday managed to escape and avoided being targeted.

Role: TheTJ
Player: Green Archer

You're TJ. All hail to the king. As far as you're concerned Bowser was the ultimate mafia don, so you've chosen to emulate him. If you perform the night kill you can burn your victim to a crisp. Burnt victims do not have their alignment revealed. Three times during the game you can also chose to burn a lynch victim. The effect will be the same.

Okay, I pinched this one, because I really liked the burning ability! Of course, it had to be TJ who got it. Admittedly it was a bit of a rough fit, but...

Role: Quaetam
Player: Mentok

You're Quaetam, a cunning player and a master of debates. When put on the spot you can crush your opponent with an endless barrage of misleading evidence and accusations, literally burying them under the weight of your words and tangling them up in their own arguments. Once per day you can target another player and distract them. They'll become so caught up in refuting your points they will not be able to act. Essentially, you're a roleblocker.

Be careful- some roles go off in the day, others by night. Make sure you declare who you're blocking quickly!

Quaetem certainly proved himself last game with being able to crush opponents with his arguments. I gave him the roleblocker ability to represent it. It got used all of one time, sigh.

Third party

Role: Fobby
Player: Warchamp

You're Fobby, resident troll. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Personally you don't care what happens in the forum war, as long as you get to have fun.

Your role is the Jester: you win the game by getting lynched. Also, your posts cannot be any longer than three sentences. The sentences can be as long as you like, there just can't be more than three of them!

You guys were right, there was a Jester role. Warchamp did his damn hardest to get lynched. One hilarious moment came when he was on the verge of getting lynched and Minby stole his ability. If they lynch had happened he wouldn't have won! I'm not a fan of restricting how a player types, so gave the flexible rule of limiting the number of sentences since I figured typing in orange would give the role away. Warchamp went and did it anyway Laughing

Role: Zach also rises
Player: Weldar

You're Zach, almighty god of the forum. You're so awesome you get two powers. Firstly, once during the game, you can declare that the TWBB DVD is coming out! If you do absolutely no kills happen during that day/night; everyone is too excited to care! Powers such as the Detective's scanning will still happen.

One last thing...you've noticed that your good friend Matt has gone a bit crazy, and has also taken your sweet hat. Your task is to find him. Each night send me a PM with the name of the person you think is Matt. If you guess correctly you’ve found him and something else will happen. You'll discover exactly what if you succeed...

Should Matt die before you find him, you win the game if you're the last person standing.

Role: Matt Mercer
Player: Spontaneous Combustion

You're Matt, legendary star of TWBB. You've taken method acting a little too far and are now convinced you actually ARE Kirby. You're the Serial Killer: every night you can kill someone and wear their skin as a hat. You win the game if you're the last person standing.

Be warned however: someone out there knows your secret and will attempt to tame you. If they find you you'll stop being a Serial Killer and something else will happen. You'll discover exactly what if they succeed...

Ahh, the two admin roles. Thanks to Snake Weldar found Spont quite quickly, so he didn't get the chance to rampage through the game and eat everyone. It wasn't helped by the fact he targeted TJ at one point, who couldn't be eaten. In fact, the only person Spont managed to eat was Ansem, who turned out to be one of the mods!

When the Zach and Matt found each other they got the little story Spont posted earlier, and this message:

'After the long and messy journey the two of you have returned to find your forums in the middle of a flame war. This won't do at all- you need to show this lot who's boss!

You are both still third party, but your alignment is now 'Admin'. To win, you have to have the majority vote, just like the mafia do. And, just like the mafia, you also get to kill each night phase. But it's not as simple as that.

As soon as the day starts, separately PM me the name of one of the living players. If both of them match, Spont will eat the unfortunate. Om nom nom. If they don't, no effect will happen.

Now, I know both of you will be talking to each other and making plans, but no discussing beforehand of what names you're going to submit. That would be cheating and slightly overpowered Razz

If any of you die, the remaining person gets the survivor role- they win if they're alive at the very end.

Weldar, you still get your DVD power.'

If one of them died after this I decided to end the game. Partially because Weldar didn't seem very enthusiastic, partially because it would have otherwise gone on for ages.

The reason I made their killing power the way it was because I thought Weldar knew who the mods were, so figured it'd be very overpowered to let them choose who they wanted, because then they'd win the game in three rounds. I don't think they actually knew in the end, hence a few nights of no killing, but it would have been unfair for me to change the power part way through the game.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat May 15, 2010 2:19 pm

I love you Raya <3

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat May 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Haha, now I can see where you got your ideas from. Very nice.
I really like this forum theme. Whoever runs next game better have it.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat May 15, 2010 2:37 pm

I am not sure if should be happy or not my role was to die on the first day.lol

But still. Awesome game Raya! Very Happy

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat May 15, 2010 2:39 pm

At least your role didn't include sudden fiery death.

But I feel like a winner because Smashbro survived 'til the end.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Avalanche91 wrote:I love you Raya <3

Also Raya put it fairly well in the end post.

Fuckin' owned.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat May 15, 2010 2:46 pm

A few things, first of all, great game, everyone. I haven't really gotten a chance to throw down in a game of mafia like I did against snake since game 1. Even though things didn't quite go my way, it was great fun, and I look forward to next game.

Secondly, let me go ahead and explain exactly how badly that early nightcall dicked me over. After the aftermath of day 1, when I had certainly caused quite a stir and led everyone to think I was a troll, I assumed it was just about game over for me. I told my fellow mafians to cut off all ties while I attempted to take down snake. I didn't want my mafians to stick their necks out for a failed rally. At the point where I had rallied a good number of people against snake, however, (who were all townies, btw), I was gonna ask my mafia to help me turn the vote last second on snake. Unfortunately, I never got that chance, since I was dead when I logged on. Unless something else had come up, this would have meant snake would have died earlier, we would have charred him to make it look like he was a troll covering himself, and use it as an opportunity to try and incriminate his alliance members who stepped up to defend him. Shoulda woulda coulda, though, that was a great move on you guys' part.

Also, to fix a few kinks in the mafia system, I propose either no night PMs (except for groups like mafia, masons, lovers, etc) or no role reveals. Both would be overkill, but one would balance the situation that arose here. No PMs would stop this kind of mass roleclaim cold, and no role reveals at death would make it a lot easier for a mafian to infiltrate this kind of action.

As for fighting inactivity, I have two solutions. The first is that in order to enter a game, you should be required to lurk for one full game. This will mean that you have to show that you can care about a game of mafia for it's entire duration. A lot of the inactivity comes from new people (sorry guys, but it's true), and aside from quaetam, it's very rare for a person who is joining just for mafia to stick around and be attentive for every phase of play. Secondly, since I don't see that being a catch-all solution, I think we should allow modkilling. It shouldn't come to that, people should be responsible enough to only join if they can commit the time to play, but sadly real life gets in the way sometimes and that can't always happen.

Great game, raya, the roles were extremely thoughtful, and even after a rocky start, things got to a very entertaining climax. Despite my bitching, I had more fun in this game than I have in any of the past ones (true fax)

You're Surgepox, and you don't take shit from upstart little trolls in your community.
I like this, I like this a lot.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat May 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Lol at TD and I, IRL friends, being the two roles cut. Even more lol at TD's role. It was an entertaining game though. One part I KNOW Raya was dieing at was my reaction when she said that to use my power I had to die. I thought I was dieing that night, and I went all "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?" But yeah, this game kept up my streak of never being vanilla. Hope I can keep it that way next game.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat May 15, 2010 3:36 pm

aww, too bad my role wasn't bloomed, but no biggy. My deathscene and Avalache's (in particular) were so awesome, i still love you raya.

LSD? what is this, the 60's? XD

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat May 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Awesome setup, Raya!

And yes, Spontaneous, both mine and Snake's planned games are forum based as well.

As for inactivity, I'd have to say the modkilling solution is best. Sometimes players just don't feel like playing anymore, or will have to leave (like Mentok this game). If this happens they can request being modkilled. Also, I agree with Weldar's idea of modkilling people who don't post in two or three dayphases, only with one stipulation: Warn them that you are going to modkill them if they don't contribute in the next dayphase. It's a lot less draconian than simply killing them off with no warning. Even though modkilling is harsh, it's a lot better than disallowing newbies to join for a game. Games usually last a month to two, and many potentially good players oculd simply lose interest.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 15, 2010 9:56 pm

lol. i love how although I suck at this game, I somehow always manage to screw people over. like, in the game raya won, I still managed to take down some of the mafians, or in this game, when warchamp was about to win, and I stopped the lynch.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun May 16, 2010 2:44 am

Raya wrote:Role: Mentok the Mindtaker
Player: Minby Aran

For me he was the source of endless amusement. My favourite was when he stole Smash's (the player) ability, which was blowing up when he died, the night he was targeted by the Admins. The Admins changed their mind though, aww.

I had a feeling that this kept me alive. I love you Minby!

Being eaten by Matt Mercer... Such a gory delicious honor.

Also, I am in favor for mod-killing on inactive users. Provided that they don't at least give a heads up that they mave have a short period of inactivity due to outside circumstances. If the problem were to persist though, bam.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun May 16, 2010 4:00 am

Actually we had targeted Minby not you smash. The reason we changed our mind was because Minby saod he was Mentok and was going to die tonight anyway, funny how that worked out.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:39 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top