Marvel vs. Capcom 3: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YEAH!

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YEAH!

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Anyone seen the lineup for the new edition?

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

This video shows a few new characters, but the whole crew isn't revealed yet, afaik.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:23 am

actually

Spoiler:

Nemesis (resident evil)
Vergil (devil may cry)
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Rocket Raccoon (god if I know)
Iron Fist
Nova
Dr Strange

and

Phoenix Fucking Wright

Have been leaked, thus semi-comfirmed. Apparantly there was a mess up on the official site or something.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:18 am

YES I AM SO EXCITED FOR

Spoiler:
PHOENIX WRIGHT

OH MY GOD.

I may have to actually play this game.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 am

Yep, Capcom "accidentally" put the images for the other 8 characters on their website for a short time, apparently.

The new characters all look cool, although I'm pretty excited about new moves for existing characters and balance changes as well.

I'm wondering how Wright will play out. They made Frank West work, so I suppose it's possible that it will be super awesome, and the greatest thing mankind has ever created.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I guess I have now got a full team of three characters. Smile
Spoiler:
Spider-Man
Deadpool
Phoenix Wright

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Still holding out for Psylocke and Sakura on my end. I can hope!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:21 am

You know......Capcom is dicks. As far as I heard, the new characters will NOT be availeble in DLC, but sold exclusivly in "Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom"

Other additions in "Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom" are 8 new stages and.....

fasten your seatbelts cause this might knock you out of your seat.

Spoiler:

SPECTATOR MODE

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

Not only is this fondly regarded by me as the most USELESS mode in gaming EVER, but it was promised to be a feature in the ORIGINAL FUCKING GAME. The people were promised DLC. WTH capcom

I mean, I dont have the game myself, but the concept is briliant. Its sad to see people get screwed over so incredibly hard.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 am

I heard about this. It is 100% bullshit and a complete rip off to milk people out of their money. For the love of all things gameing do not give them your money for this bullshit.

All you will be doing is saying to them with your money that it is OK to put the bare minimum into things and expect full game price for it. And at the same time screwing over other everyone else because when other companies look at the sales for it and see that it sells well. There is nothing stopping them from doing the same thing knowing full well people will buy it.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 am

Never played Marvel vs CapCom. This ultimate edition seems legit, I think ill buy it.

Cool

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlv7Bp-L2MM&feature=related

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Seems like these additions are things that could be thrown in in a patch, maybe a $5-10 charge for said patch. Not a new game though. Didn't the do the same with Street Fighter 4 though only balance the characters? Lesson learned here is don't buy the first edition of fighting games from Capcom.
Outlaw wrote:Never played Marvel vs CapCom. This ultimate edition seems legit, I think ill buy it.

Cool
I kinda want it to...

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Viero wrote:I heard about this. It is 100% bullshit and a complete rip off to milk people out of their money. For the love of all things gameing do not give them your money for this bullshit.

All you will be doing is saying to them with your money that it is OK to put the bare minimum into things and expect full game price for it. And at the same time screwing over other everyone else because when other companies look at the sales for it and see that it sells well. There is nothing stopping them from doing the same thing knowing full well people will buy it.

Fuck that. I loved Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I'll probably love Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and if there's going to be a Super Mega Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, then I'm fine with that too. I'm gladly giving Capcom my money, because they continue to provide me with hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment. Bare minimum? MvC3 was a complete game. Now, with UMvC3, it's going to be just as complete.

A lot of it, as a competitive player of these games, is that I always appreciate the rebalance and the tuning to the cast. New hypers? Different move properties? It's a refreshing change. And while these could be done in patches, that's actually hell for running tournaments, and "regular patches" like Mortal Kombat 9 gives end up confusing a lot of people and doesn't allow a normal metagame to develop.

And some people think that all of this should be released as DLC. That's pretty ridiculous. For one, the entire game interface is being changed (X-Factor properties, health bars, etc.) and it's a pretty significant "patch". Two, there's going to be TWELVE new characters. Shuma-Gorath and Jill were DLC, and were 5 dollars each. If everybody else was 5 dollars, that's 60 dollars. UMvC3 will be 40 dollars. Three, if this WERE DLC, that's a pretty enormous file to save. Not everybody has external harddrives or large built-in harddrives on their systems to handle this sort of thing; we saw this with Blazblue: Continuum Shift 2, where the patch was over 750 megabytes.

Super Street Fighter IV had a similar change, although it was with 10 new characters (more significant than UMvC3's 12, considering SFIV's cast of 25 to MvC3's of 38), and it gave each character a new Ultra, which was a rather significant addition to the gameplay, as well as one of the best rebalances fighting games have ever seen. This was also sold for only 40 dollars, a "discounted" price. AE was later released with 4 new characters and more rebalances as a 15 dollar patch. All of these were about a year or more apart, which is a pretty decent amount of time.

I can understand some complaints about the spectator mode. I've never cared the slightest about it, because I don't really play online anyway. Apparently, though, the earthquakes in Japan messed with development schedules, and they thought it best to release all of this fantastic content in one package, rather than release it as a constant trickle of DLC that would have cost significantly more.

P.S., the new Marvel characters were picked by Marvel and Marvel alone, Capcom hardly had a say in it.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:40 pm

So you are going to spend $40 for stuff that should have already be in the game in the first place. Even when MVC 3 came out FIVE MONTHS ago. And lets not forget all the memorable character. Such as Rocket Racoon....ROCKET FUCKING RACOON. Are you serious.

Yes, they are adding the bare minimum in a game that they just released. And then reselling it.

They did not balance their characters right. So they are forcing you to pay for their fuck up.

They are adding ONE new mode which they fucking said would be in the original.

They are making a new UI (That really warrants buying a new $40 game)

I know people are not going to play all 12 new characters. Hell, I never even heard of half of these characters and I know I am not the only one. And again. ROCKET FUCKING RACOON?

So yes. DLC characters are a much better way to go rather then forcing people to buy the same game not even half a year apart to play maybe the 2 or 3 characters they actually care about.

Besides, even after the new characters there is still LESS characters in MVC3 then there is in MVC2

I can go on about this but it is 12:40 here and going to bed.

$40 that is going to say to other companies that this kinda bullshit is OK and make things worse for the rest of us.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 am

Bugman wrote:My wish list:

Capcom side:

Zero (X series version)
Viewtifull Joe
Dante

Marvel side:

Deadpool
Blade
Galactus (for the lulz)

... Holy crap, I was right 5/6. GALACTUS WAS A JOKE!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 am

So you are going to spend $40 for stuff that should have already be in the game in the first place. Even when MVC 3 came out FIVE MONTHS ago. And lets not forget all the memorable character. Such as Rocket Racoon....ROCKET FUCKING RACOON. Are you serious.
Six months. Making it a 9 month difference in release. Considering the fact that if they hadn't released MvC3 I might still be waiting to play it, I'm not really seeing the problem here. Why would people ever buy a Mario Party game when another one is going to come out later?

Yes, they are adding the bare minimum in a game that they just released. And then reselling it.
No. This is a false statement. "Bare minimum" in game development is, actually, adding nothing. Maybe, at the most, it's adding one character, and a stage. This is much more than that.

They did not balance their characters right. So they are forcing you to pay for their fuck up.
It's a fighting game. Those are nearly impossible to balance perfectly, and the only thing that can ever really get a game close is an updated version like this one after several months of a developing metagame, or a patch (which, in fact, did happen a few weeks after MvC3's release). I would LOVE for some updated version of any Smash Bros. game, because those aren't balanced well in the slightest.

Also, I don't think you know what "forcing" means. If you didn't catch the memo, you can, in fact, opt to buy NEITHER of these games, if you want.

They are adding ONE new mode which they fucking said would be in the original.

They are making a new UI (That really warrants buying a new $40 game)
You're splitting up the fact that they're putting multiple things into one package. A new UI doesn't warrant a $40 dollar game, but a heap of new characters, new modes, and new balance changes can. Like I said before, if this was all released individually, it would cost a lot more and be incredibly inconvenient for many people.

I know people are not going to play all 12 new characters. Hell, I never even heard of half of these characters and I know I am not the only one. And again. ROCKET FUCKING RACOON?
It's apparent that you think everybody shares your opinion. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm also sorry that you only care about character recognition and not at all on actual gameplay, like fighting game enthusiasts do. And if you don't claim to be a fighting game enthusiast, then I'm not sure why you care about any of this at all.

Also, as I said, blame Marvel about the Marvel characters. Plenty of people are incredibly excited about Phoenix, Nemesis, Frank, Strider, and Virgil, and I know that many others are very excited about Firebrand after seeing gameplay footage. And I should stress that word, gameplay. I never knew who the hell Dormammu, Taskmaster, or Spencer was until MvC3 was released, but now I think they're awesome characters because they are fun to play.

Besides, even after the new characters there is still LESS characters in MVC3 then there is in MVC2
I'm assuming you didn't know that nearly every single character in that game was almost completely recycled from past games; sprites, sound effects and all. If you want to talk about developmental laziness, then focus on MvC2.

Viero wrote:$40 that is going to say to other companies that this kinda bullshit is OK and make things worse for the rest of us.
Huh?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 am

Viero, relax, developers are already fucked up.

Omicron Austin wrote:
then I'm not sure why you care about any of this at all.

Hes doing this more than likely as a response to that Mega Man game being cancelled.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 am

I wish they would come out with new characters, stage(s), a new mode, and a balanced roster for Smash Brothers.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/phoenix-wright-ultimate-marvel/722256?

I know, that some people want to see this here Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh man, Rocket Raccoon looks crazy awesome.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/31/umvc3-frank-west-vs-rocket-raccoon-gameplay-clips/

TWO MORE WEEKS AWW YEAH

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:39 am

So hey, if any of you got Ultimate for the 360, tell me and we can play online.

If it helps any of you decide whether you want to get it or not because Phoenix Wright is in the game, he is definitely one of the deepest and most difficult characters to learn, and if you're not extremely experienced with fighting games it's going to be difficult to play him.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Agreed with the Pheonix Wright problem. I got UMVC3 on the friday, and was playing my little bro on it last night.

Nemesis, you scary. He reminds me of Sentinel, before the updates screwed him over.
Other new characters I like include Rocket Racoon, Firebrand, Nova and Iron Fist; and I grew a new liking for Magneto and Viewtiful Joe.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Anybody got Ultimate on PS3? I want people to play with!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top