Bungie makes a 10 years deal with Activision. (All hell breaks loose inside.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bungie makes a 10 years deal with Activision. (All hell breaks loose inside.)

Post  Bugman on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 am

http://www.destructoid.com/megaton-bungie-signs-ten-year-deal-with-activision-172387.phtml

Keep in mind, this is not an acquisition, Activision didn't buy Bungie, but for the next 10 years post-release of Halo Reach, Activision owns Bungie.

ACTIVISION OWNS BUNGIE FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

We can guess a few things:

1. Bungie next game after Halo Reach will be a Call of Duty.
2. Activision will abuse Bungie to no end.
3. Bungie will be drain of their souls.
4. Bungie will die, just like Infinity Ward.
5. Bungie will sue Activision at the end of the deal.

BTW, aside from Bad Company (or the Battlefield series as a whole), Halo was pretty much the only FPS franchise that could rival Call of Duty in terms of marketing success. So you can see where Activision is going with this. Now that Halo is out of the way (until Microsoft finds another dev to make them, however if they will be as good as the Bungies games is still unknown) the only thing that stands in the way of the single franchise Activision has milked as much or even more than Guitar Hero is DICE and the Battlefield franchise.

It's not like I love Bungie for Halo, but I do respect them as developers.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bungie makes a 10 years deal with Activision. (All hell breaks loose inside.)

Post  DRTJR on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:36 am

While this may look bad Didn't Microsoft create 343 studios to take over on all things halo.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bungie makes a 10 years deal with Activision. (All hell breaks loose inside.)

Post  Smashy B on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:34 am

1. I'm willing to bet money that Bungie is not going to be making the Call of Duty or Modern Warfare games. This is 10 years, they have a new IP planned.
2-5. I also doubt that any of that will happen after how members of Infinity Ward have been leaving and joining up with the new group "Respawn" under EA. And Activision does not "own" Bungie for the next 10 years, nor will they own this new game/series. They just have exclusive rights to publish and distribute their next big action game for 10 years. Bungie will still be able to act as an independent company and their next game will be (finally) across multiple platforms.

Also, from what I've heard about Halo Reach's multiplayer, it sounds pretty good.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 am

Yeah, the rumor mill is spinning that an upcoming Bungie title will have PS3 splashed all over it :X Oh Activision, what have you done.....still pissed off at what they did with the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC, 'Oh yeah, it was limited time only!...didn't you get the memo?' Greedy fuckers.....anyways, Treyarch is working on the next CoD title & its going to be in the Vietnam era, should be some videos or info coming soon (or even today maybe?)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:Yeah, the rumor mill is spinning that an upcoming Bungie title will have PS3 splashed all over it :X Oh Activision, what have you done.....still pissed off at what they did with the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC, 'Oh yeah, it was limited time only!...didn't you get the memo?' Greedy fuckers.....anyways, Treyarch is working on the next CoD title & its going to be in the Vietnam era, should be some videos or info coming soon (or even today maybe?)

finally. No more zombie nazis.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:53 pm

4. Bungie will die, just like Infinity Ward.

Ha, I salute Activision then. I hate Halo, so if they kill Bungie then it is a good thing for me.

1. I'm willing to bet money that Bungie is not going to be making the Call of Duty or Modern Warfare games.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is coming out November 9th.

Info from X-Play, even though they aren't entirely reliable, it is still something.

Personally, I hate Halo, and I hate Modern Warfare. I see nothing special in either. But it seems everyone is just completely amazed at these 2 games. I just don't get it. And because everyone likes it and talks about it, it only makes me despise both franchises more. Sure they aren't bad games, but they sure to hell are not godlike. They aren't the best games of all time. But what really pisses me off is those X-Box Live noobs that just completely dismisses anything you say, insults you, then insists that their game is the best game.

So if Activision killed IW and Bungie, that would really REALLY make my day. I want to see those overrated P.O.S. gone.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:47 pm

The first Halo and the first Modern Warfare were both great games, both had the WOW factor that really helped them. In Modern Warfare's case, not only did it have that factor, it was something fresh. Finally, a war game that wasn't during the Second World War. And the online mode was brillant, so was the campaign.

Halo... weeelll... it was the only Xbox exclusive that was worth it at the time, let's just say it arrived just in time.

The problem here are the sequels. MW2's campaign is awesome. But the online... ugh... (PC Gamer here, so you know what I'm talking about.)

I didn't want IW to die, I don't want Bungie to die. They can make great games that aren't Halo or Call of Duty, I'm sure.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:13 pm

In all fairness, I didn't find the halo sequels that lacking. Particularly Halo 2. It added enough content to keep things really awesome. Halo 3 was good, but waay too short campaign-wise and in the Multiplayer arena it felt like it got to the point where some of the guns just really weren't any good.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top