new fancomic idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new fancomic idea

Post  shallow15 on Sat May 01, 2010 9:40 am

So i just started writing last night and came up with a rough concept idea for a TWBB fancomic. The working title is "Battle Scars: Samus Aran," the idea being if anyone else wanted to play in this sandbox they could do it under the Battle Scars title focusing on a different character, but that's kind ofoff in the future.

Anywho, my plan is to focus on Samus getting involved in her own investigation into shady dealings involving the upcoming election in Mushroom Kingdom. You'll get more details as I work them out, but here's the first page of the script. If anyone is interestedin drawing this thing, let me know.

---

THERE WILL BE BRAWL:
BATTLE SCARS: SAMUS ARAN
a fan comic written by Erin Mills
based on "There Will Be Brawl" created by
Matt Mercer and Zach Grafton
characters ©2010 Nintendo, Sega, Konami

PAGE 1 (9 panels in a tic-tac-toe grid)

Each panel on this page is basically identical: Lakitu reporting the evening news. There are only slight variations of facial expression and possible image inserts here and there as he reads the stories.

Panel 1-- Lakitu looking at the audience, his name plastered across the bottom of the panel.

LAKITU: Welcome back. It has been six months since the violent fall of the Mushroom Kingdom's mafia dons, the final rampage of the so-called Butchers, and the massive slaughter on the streets which has become known as "the Brawl." As many know, it was discovered that among the victims claimed by the violence was Princess Peach, who was killed shortly after her latest kidnapping by the mastermind behind the Butcher, the now-deceased mafia kingpin Ganondorf.

Panel 2-- As above, except now Lakitu's name is gone.over his shoulder is an image insert of a question mark superimposed over a crown.

LAKITU: Police Chief Link and Acting Princess Zelda were also killed in the Brawl, and while former officer Marth has now stepped up to fill Chief Link's shoes, the power vaccuum, both politically and criminally, is starting to take it's toll on the populous.

Panel 3-- The inset image has changed to a split screen between Captain Falcon and Professor Layton.

LAKITU: With no heir to the throne, and no other royalty in the Kingdom to take Princess Peach's place, the new position of President of the Mushroom Kingdom has been established by the Kingdom parliment, with the election to be held in just under six weeks. While there are several candidates for the office, those with a clear lead are former bounty hunter turned nightclub owner Captain Falcon, and surprisingly, a newcomer to the Kingdom, renowed adventurer and scholar Professor Layton.

Panel 4-- As above. Slight change in Lakitu's expression and the word "Commentary" has appeared at the bottom of the panel.

LAKITU: While we here at Channel 8 are all for the change from a monarchy to a democracy, we have to ask tthe question: are either of the incumbents truly fit to lead? Captain Falcon was known to have been intimately involved in the jail break which led to the short-lived escape of known serial killer and cannibal, Kirby of Dreamland, and later involved in the Brawl itself.

Panel 5-- As above.

LAKITU: On the other hand, Professor Layton has no political experience of any kind and his recent arrival and implied unfamiliarity with the Mushroom Kingdom and its problems lead us to wonder if we can afford to have such a person, good intentions or no, leading us during this volatile time of reconstruction. We at Channel 8 urge all Mushroom Kingdom citizens to exercise good sense when making your decisions at the ballot boxes.

Panel 6: Another change in expression and the inset image now shows the Mario Bros.

LAKITU: Many citizens are, in fact, wondering where the Mario Bros. are in this election. While Mario is known to have fought valiantly to restore order during the Brawl, Luigi is credited with defeating both Ganondorf and the Butchers, now partially identified at two young boys who were housed at Mewtwo's former orphanage. Their names are, of course, being withheld due to being minors.

Panel 7: The inset image has changed to the orphanage.

LAKITU: At last report, the brothers have been working non stop at the Old Kingdom Orphanage helping those displaced by the Brawl to find new homes and jobs. Both were unavailable for comment, but orphanage spokesperson Leaf, a renowned Pokemon trainer, has stated that the Mario Brothers have no interest in stepping into a larger role ont he political stage at the present time.

Panel 8: The image has changed to one of Peach.

LAKITU: Amongst their various public works projects, which include repairing the Warp Pipe Transit System, the Mario Bros., inconjunction with the government, have funded the erection of a statue of Princess Peach, to be unveiled this weekend at the city square. The statue serves as a memorial, not only to the fallen princess, but to all those lost in the Brawl.

Panel 9: As above.

LAKITU: The unveiling will be at 2 PM this Saturday. the public is invited to attend, but be advised that security protocols will be in effect, so please, leave all power-ups and assist trophies at home. Coming up: scandal on the set of the hit TV series "Cooking Mama." What happened when the show's guest chef took the title a little TOO literally...

--

--Erin M.

shallow15
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new fancomic idea

Post  SurgePox on Sat May 01, 2010 9:44 am

I like this idea, and I would be stoked to read it once it's complete. Good luck bro. Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the other TWBB fancomic project.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Sat May 01, 2010 7:49 pm

SurgePox wrote:I like this idea, and I would be stoked to read it once it's complete. Good luck bro. Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the other TWBB fancomic project.
Hush you.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Mon May 03, 2010 2:53 pm

SurgePox wrote:I like this idea, and I would be stoked to read it once it's complete. Good luck bro. Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the other TWBB fancomic project.

What happened?

Anyway, sounds pretty good. Looking forward to it if you can get it going.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Mon May 03, 2010 3:47 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:

What happened?

The short of it: the people never did anything.
I was also a part of it but the fact is I simply never posted anything. I'm still trying to do it though.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon May 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:
JonnyJinx wrote:

What happened?

The short of it: the people never did anything.
I was also a part of it but the fact is I simply never posted anything. I'm still trying to do it though.
yeah i was going to help but no one every told me what to do

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shallow15 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:57 pm

More pages...

--

PAGE 2 (FOUR PANELS)

Panel 1-- (Across the top of the page) A wide shot of the city square, a large covered object in the center, obviously the aformentioned stature. There is a dais raised in front of it with apodium and bunting. A large crowd has gathered.

CAPTION: Saturday.

Panel 2-- Medium shot of Samus Aran standing in the crowd. She's wearing her zero suit and black trenchcoat. Her eyepatch is visible and she has a concerned expression on her face.

CAPTION:(Samus) "This is a really bad idea."

Panel 3-- Medium shot of the dais as various Toads work to get the sound system set up.

CAPTION: (Samus) "I know the idea is to inspire people. To get them to hope again, but still, this is too public."

Panel 4-- (Across the bottom of the page.) Samus is on the righthand side of the panel, her head turned as if she heard someone calling her name. More of the crowd can be seen in the rest of the panel.

CAPTION: (Samus) Too many people, not enough security. Marth's boys are spread too thin as it is. And there's still not enough heroes around to cover--
WORD BALLOON: (coming from off panel) Samus!

PAGE 3 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1-- Medium shot of Leaf. She looks happy to see Samus.
CAPTION: "Leaf. Good kid, good heart. You'd never think she was the one who took out Wario during the Brawl..."
LEAF: It's good to see you! We were hoping you'd be here.

Panel 2-- Two shot of Samus and Leaf.
SAMUS: We?
LEAF:(sneaky grin) You know, me, Mario...Luigi.
CAPTION: "Oy."

Panel 3-- Close up of Samus.
SAMUS: Well, you know, big crowd, not a lot of police available. Figured a little help couldn't hurt.

Panel 4-- Close up of Leaf.
LEAF: Good idea. You still working Uptown?

Panel 5-- Two shot of Leaf and Samus as they walk through the crowd. Samus has her hands in her coat pockets and a rueful smile on her face.

SAMUS: Nah, got out of that racket after the Brawl. Not many people interested in seeing a one-eyed--
LEAF: Dancer?
SAMUS: Yeah. Sure. "Dancer."

--Erin M.

shallow15
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue May 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Whos gonna draw all this shit? Are you as talented an artist as you are a story line developer?

(that was a compliment by the way)

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shallow15 on Tue May 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Unfortunately, my skills are limited to some cartooning and action poses are a closed book to me. Which is why I'm posting the script. In the hopes somebody will want to draw the thing.

--Erin M.

shallow15
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue May 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Ok, Erin M. I have your name memorized. You no longer have to Post it. OR, go up to your profile button and go to the signature tab. Then Post your name there.

Also, hope someone will be able to draw the thing. I doubt you will find someone, but Good luck regardless.

Actually, strike that, Im working on your first page in microsoft paint right now. Twisted Evil

J/K

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawkeye16 on Fri May 14, 2010 11:52 am

I approve.

Hawkeye16
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Avalanche, you draw comics right? Could you consider something like this?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:12 am

I actually tried it once, but I felt I didnt do it much justice Razz Im pretty sure you can still find it around the fanart section or something

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top