EA Finds a Way to Make Used Sports Games Even More Worthless

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EA Finds a Way to Make Used Sports Games Even More Worthless

Post  Bugman on Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Introducing the EA Online Pass!

Ever been troubled by renting or buying a used game and saying to yourself, "Man! I wish I didn't have all those confusing online options to ruin my experience! I want to play videogames the way God meant them to be played: Single player and in a dank natural cave!" Well EA's got your back! Every copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour '11 and many future games comes with the online options automatically disabled for you to avoid hurting your beautiful Luddite brain!

But say you're a high minded futurist who believes the "World Wide Web" thing might really catch on? Well, EA has thought of you too! With every copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour '11, you will be granted a one-time use code to allow you to connect the "internet" to play "multiplayer matches" -those are games with more than one person! Isn't technology amazing?

But say you buy a used game without the code and you want to use this "internet" device? Well the answer is simple! Simply send EA ten of your hard earned dollars to be given the right to play the game you bought. It really is that simple!

"But DoubleL," you cry, "What if I just want to rent the game instead of buying it but still want to play online?"

Well, you industry hating ferret in pants, that doesn't mean EA won't take your ten dollars! And think of it this way: You might rent the game multiple times or buy it for three bucks in a bargain bin the next year and then you'll be all set!

"But DoubleL, I have another question..." You continue to whine, "I already pay Microsoft $50 a year to have the right to play my videogames online, a feature which every other platform offers for free anyways! Why on Earth would this be allowed on top of that?"

Answer: **** you you filthy communist!

But don't just take my word for it! Hear what EA CEO John Riccitiello has to say!

John Riccitiello, Grand Poobah of EA wrote:We think it's a great idea. We think it's gonna build our business. And we think it's a positive consumer experience.

You hear that? A positive consumer experience! Heck, maybe they should charge even more! Or why not disable single player features too? Or have the game release a small amount of chlorine gas into the face of someone who buys it used? These are all great ideas that I'm sure EA is strongly considering.

I must say that as a consumer, I am really excited for future developments in consumer relations out of Electronic Arts!

FUCK YOU, EA! FUCK YOU!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EA Finds a Way to Make Used Sports Games Even More Worthless

Post  .. on Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Plasmids by Ryan Industries!

Light up foes to 1000 degrees! Caution: Fire Spreads!
---

"Liek the E sucks my left nut, and the A sucks my right nut. So EA sucks my bawls."

Kudos to anyone that knows where that is from.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 12, 2010 6:55 pm

hey, dawg, u mad?

Yes, this is a stupid idea, but when I think about it, it doesn't really affect me personally becase a) I don't play sports games, and b) I play PC now mostly and dl games off steam, for the most part.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I don't play much Sports game either (except for NHL games) but I think of the Madden crazies and such, also my Dad who loves gold and plays Tiger Wood games.

They are getting raped and I don't like it, as a fellow gamer.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 pm

You do know that EA makes OTHER games than just Sports games, like Battlefield, Mass Effect (or anything from Bioware) & Valve games....they've already put in the VIP cards & Cerberus cards for Battlefield BC2 & Mass Effect 2 which were one use, & on Dragon Age if you bought it new there was like 2 armor sets you got. They've been doing this crap for a little while now, just now they're going to be screwing everyone (that cares mind you) over :X But all in all, let's not get our panties too much in a bunch, there was a couple hundred thousand guys who just dropped $15 for 5 maps on Modern Warfare 2, & probably will be doing it all over again so let's be fair to all the developers out there trying to make quick bucks off of consumers. At the end of the day, we all need to sit & think about what we're going to do, deal & pay or still go through the Amazons & Gamestops Razz
Personally I don't play many of EA's titles myself, I'm more of an 'Eastern style' games developer but I do feel bad for those that get hit by this :/ It blows, major.....

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Actually, EA doesn't really make Battlefield or some of the Valve games.

They did publish them. EA had a Publisher agreement for The Orange Box and Left 4 Dead series.

But you probably meant publish right?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed May 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Valve games? No. EA has no control WHATSOEVER on content in Valve's games. No control. EA only physically distributes Valve's games and optimize them for home consoles. Nothing else.

And for the Mass Effect and Bad Company thing. These are maps and extra content, not ACTUAL GAME MODES THAT COMES WITH THE GAME.

Imagine buying a used NHL or Madden game in a EBgames. The first thing you want to do is playing online, right? Well, you can't. OR, you pay an extra 10$. Oh, and you already pay 60$ a year to play online if you are on Xbox LIVE.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed May 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Well actually for a correction to my previous post.

EA did buyout DICE. So yea, EA owns Battlefield.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed May 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Outlaw wrote:But you probably meant publish right?

Yeah, publish, thanks for cleaning that up Razz Oh yeah, &..'future content':

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/17/battlefield-bad-company-2-includes-vip-code-for-free-dlc/

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:40 am

EA Sports is the devil. It's the same damn game every year, they just shuffle the roster, put in some more textures, and say now we have 16 tackle animations instead of 14 this year. I mean......it's a rip off lol.

Only sport games I'll ever need is Techmo bowl, NBA JAM, and Hot Shots Golf Very Happy

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:24 am

Really. Who buys the sport games every year? Waist of money when you get the same game 5 times over again.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:26 am

I hear lots of people do, actually. You may facedesk now.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 am

All they are doing is encouraging the same game to come out for them.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 am

Viero wrote:Really. Who buys the sport games every year? Waist of money when you get the same game 5 times over again.

I was going to agree, then I realised I've bought every generation of Pokemon, Civilization and Lost in Blue.

Yeah...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:45 pm

So i own all the zelda games and the crapy T.V. show, there is a difference Madden X and Madden X+1 are the exact same and the differences could be made in a patch, not Even DLC a Patch!

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TappinDawn on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Pokemon and sport games are two different genres, if I remember correctly. Pokemon has only actually done remakes; those were FireRed and LeafGreen for the GBA which were remakes of their respective games. Madden, etc. always makes a sports game for every year and thinks that the game is actually innovative and fun because it has new and updated rosters with plays most people wouldn't get anyways. Fun? No. If I wanted to play football, I would. Not on a television screen. Half of the time, it doesn't take skill to win in a sports game against a CPU if you're smart enough. In conclusion, sports games aren't worth the trouble or money that they're worth. My suggestion? Make one sports game then push out DLC for it. Sound familiar? This is why Rockband players keep going back to these rhythm games, because there is always new content to play.

TappinDawn
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:55 pm

As someone who buys (or did when I had a 360) the NHL series EVERY year, for anyone who thinks it's simply the same game you're sadly mistaken. At least in regards to the NHL series, they're making vast updates every year. Enough to justify the $50 I'd drop on it. Case in point, NHL 11 features an all new physics system being implemented for hitting, new face off engine, breakable sticks, as well as a whole new minor system league (The CHL: Canadian Hockey League which includes the 3 leagues that make it up: QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League) OHL (Ontario Hockey League) and the WHL (Western Hockey League). This means that I can finally play as the Oshawa Generals, my hometown team. Not to mention the new Pro mode added last year.

Now in regards to this online fiasco, it is absolutely bullshit. You're sure it's not just the 3 day trial they give for those who don't have LIVE? If not, then it's definently a raping that requires action to be taken because for those who collect multiple sports titles, that can be $30+ just to play online on top of the LIVE membership

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:30 pm

THEY ADDED THE LHJMQ IN NHL 11!?

NEEEEEEEEED!!!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:39 pm

When you buy a game used, you are not supporting the developer. The developers barely get shit for a cut, if any, from sales on used games; you're only helping the retailers like gamestop.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:58 pm

BY2K wrote:THEY ADDED THE LHJMQ IN NHL 11!?

NEEEEEEEEED!!!

What system? lol

We may need a Oshawa Generals vs (your team) match if and when I get it lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top