Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transexual Characters in Video Games

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transexual Characters in Video Games

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:29 pm

For Voldo, love is blind. [/pun]

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Penguin on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:51 pm

For Voldo, love is also scantily clad in leather straps.

Ninja Penguin
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://youtube.com/ninjapenguinhya/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 am

^lol

I just remembered that X-play did an episode on "gay games" or something. The only part I can remember is one game where one girl is close to death or something and another girl (friend/lover/ect) was crying and stuff. Oh, and another one (I think it may have been in a Dynasty Warriors game or something like that) where a guy looked like a girl and another guy was attracted to him, probably thinking he was a girl...

I know I'm being VERY geberic with descriptions. Point is, X-Play did something on this and I don't feel like searching it out. Even if I could, I can't copy/paste a url.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pure_awesome on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:09 am

Eiron wrote:DUMBLEDORE IS GAY.

No, he's not. I don't even care that the author said it.

I mean, I'm not exactly an authority on the subject, though I did enjoy the books casually... but for serious. I just refuse to admit that as canon. Yes, let's take the eccentric one and make him gay! That's creative.

On-topic, I'm surprised noone has mentioned the first-ever gay character to be playable (as far as I know): Ash, the hidden character in Streets of Rage 3.

Whether or not it was a step forward or not is debatable, since that means that the gay gaming community of 1994 was represented by this fine gentleman:

Not only that, but there's a certain unintentional irony in the fact that he's a hidden character. GET IT?

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:40 am

smashbro wrote:^lol

I just remembered that X-play did an episode on "gay games" or something. The only part I can remember is one game where one girl is close to death or something and another girl (friend/lover/ect) was crying and stuff. Oh, and another one (I think it may have been in a Dynasty Warriors game or something like that) where a guy looked like a girl and another guy was attracted to him, probably thinking he was a girl...

I know I'm being VERY geberic with descriptions. Point is, X-Play did something on this and I don't feel like searching it out. Even if I could, I can't copy/paste a url.

And now you need to justify the fact that you watch X-Play. Ugh.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:58 am

More like watched as now it really depends what they're showing. What you got with X-Play?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:16 am

This pretty much puts it in a nutshell.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:12 pm

All 7 Magypsies.... Well, except for the last one of which name I cannot say as it is an epic plot twist.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm

^What is that from?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Mother 3.

Ahh the Magypsies. So effing sexually confused

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Yep, they're genderless manladies

And you can say the last one's name Lorcia, right *can't find a wink simily*

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Weldar wrote:Yep, they're genderless manladies

Yeah, I was wondering about his/her name. Though I think that it's more of a he than a she, probably the most recognisable gender

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Guillo from Baten Kaitos Origins is....interesting. Two sorcerors, a man and a women, fused their souls to a battle "puppet" and merged together. After the battle, the puppet was buried for a thousand years, and forgot who it was. Guillo talks with both a male and female voice, and is exceptionally badass.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Fobby wrote:
Weldar wrote:Yep, they're genderless manladies

Yeah, I was wondering about his/her name. Though I think that it's more of a he than a she, probably the most recognisable gender

Not really, if any of the other Magypsies either shaved or put on some male clothes their gender would be much more recognizable

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Lol Kinda true

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:50 pm

I'm pretty sure that's just what *spoiler* did. I doubt he/she/it looked so different to the other Magypsies to begin with.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturi on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 pm

The chef from Phoenix Wright 3 Razz

Is not Solid Snake also?

Oh and Magimel Brothers and Meiyuan from Shadow Hearts Razz

Naturi
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Sora from kingdom hearts (1 and 2)
I've always thought he was girly.. since, in the first game he is actually voiced by a chick.

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 am

Epically wrong.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturi on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 am

Queeny wrote:Sora from kingdom hearts (1 and 2)
I've always thought he was girly.. since, in the first game he is actually voiced by a chick.

He is only 14 Razz Yea but the scene at the end of KH 2, the fan girl inside me was squealing!

Naturi
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:07 am

You mean the ass groping?

Gotta love Japan.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NekoSenpai on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:55 am

Eiron wrote:The theory is mostly based on his support conversations/pairings from RD. For instance, at the end of Fire Emblem games, characters that have developed strong support bonds with each other usually end up married (if they're of the opposite sex) or becoming life long friends. (If they're of the same sex) Now, regardless of who Ike establishes Supports with, he leaves Tellius to explore new lands. However, if he has bonded with Soren or Ranulf, the only males he can bond with, they will accompany him. By itself, not very convincing.

Proponents of the theory also point out that Elincia and several other female characters were definatly hitting on Ike, but were ignored. (ESPECIALLY Ellincia in PoR. I actually couldn't believe they didn't end up together.)

And then you've got this piece of work. MAJOR SPOILERS. (Happy smashbro?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGxCxSCZcE

Note the comments and more info section. There Have Been Flames.

Either way, I don't care, and I will always pair Ike and Soren together, because Soren's backstory is the best in the games and the stat boosts fucking rock.

Sorry for quoting this old message but I was like "I must say something about this!"

Spoiler:
As you can see, I'm a big fan... no an huge fan of Ike and ... I have a friend who is a big huge ... oh crap ... the biggest Fire Emblem fan I ever met ... (don't tell me that this haven't any report) well this guy laugh at me because he assert strongly that Ike is gay because of that support conversation with Soren. Well, that day he told me that ... he spoiled the game (Yeah maybe you should think that this guy is an asshole ...) and I couldn't believe him ... so I said "I don't care being spoiled o_o I want to see if it's true !" So I saw this video Eiron linked here on the quote and the first thing I was thinking is ...
"This is a true friendship ..." So I came back to the conversation with my friend and told him :

"Err ... did you ever had a true friend before ?
- Hu ?
- Yeah because ... hum ... asserting that Ike is gay because he hugs another guy who was crying ... wow ... I think you should grow up man ..."

Well, the problem of this guy is that he loves having the last word ... "This is my opinion and nothing else so you and your opinion it's shit, I'm the most intelligent !" Oh well ... this guy is nice but stupid ...
You know guys, the action Ike was doing to Soren here, I made it all the time when a friend is sad or crying ... even if it's a girl ... and if this guy saw me doing this ... is he going to say "Neko is lesbian ! Neko is lesbian !" ... seriously ... get a brain .-. don't you see she's crying ? Won't you do the same for your friend ? ... (the last thing I said about getting a brain is not for you but this is the kind of thing I'll say to that kind of person who can think I'm lesbian if I hug a girl)

Sorry if I spoiled the game ... *puts the spoiler thing to make sure she won't be blamed for that*

One last thing before receiving tomatoes on the face xD ... this is only my own opinion I don't mind of yours ... the vision people have about this "pairing" (omg I said it ...) is different for everybody. And the reason why I hate yaoi it's because a lot of people is getting amused to pairing two guy characters who are in reality rivals, heteros, enemies, don't know each other etc ... it's not coherent, it's just destroying a character that's all ...

NekoSenpai
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://nekohonde.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

NekoSenpai wrote:And the reason why I hate yaoi it's because a lot of people is getting amused to pairing two guy characters who are in reality rivals, heteros, enemies, don't know each other etc ... it's not coherent, it's just destroying a character that's all ...
THIS!!! One Billion times Falcon Punch times THIS!!!! You simply said everything!

Also, about the "girl hugging a girl" issue... this kind of stuff is usually taken a lot lightlier when concerning girls. Just saying...

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NekoSenpai on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah maybe but I have a friend he's a boy and he do the same thing to his friends... and ... he's not gay he has a girlfriend <.<'

NekoSenpai
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://nekohonde.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 pm

NekoSenpai wrote:And the reason why I hate yaoi it's because a lot of people is getting amused to pairing two guy characters who are in reality rivals, heteros, enemies, don't know each other etc ... it's not coherent, it's just destroying a character that's all ...
I also fully agree with this.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top