TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Post  Raya on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:24 am

Whoohoo! Brains all round!

Well done to everyone, and especially to my fellow undead. It got very tense towards the end, especially as our living agents kept dying! This final night phase was make-or-break for us. I was biting my nails to see if Spont would survive! Well, he didn't, but thanks to the other guys we still pulled through.

Quaetman wrote: Within were four figures, their slightly rotted faces alight with glee, dressed in party regalia and reveling in their combined success.

This image tickles me for some reason.

Just for the record, yes, I WAS an innocent townie, as I claimed all along. I became infected on the second day, although I didn't realise it. My revealment as a zombie came as much of a surprise to me as it was to you guys! I thought it suitably apt that, as the Prophet, my preachings fell on deaf ears and nobody believed me. If I had been revealed as innocent I think Weldar and Smash would have been causalities the next day. I told you I was telling the truth Razz Ah well, it all worked out in the end!

Waaait a minute...my role was the Prophet. I tried to unite everyone with me, yet I was turned against and killed. I went to my death willingly to save everyone, then I rose from the grave three days later. Hmm...

I didn't expect there to be two mafias; I was utterly convinced there was a serial killer (and 100% sure that killer was Smash). Although funnily enough near the start of the game someone made a comment that made me think "Hey, wait a minute, what if EVERYONE is mafia?! This is Q's ultimate mindfuck- it's his statement about how we're our own greatest enemies and how we don't need an outside force to destroy ourselves!" But I never posted it because I thought it sounded a bit daft. Huh, turns out I was half right Laughing

smashbro wrote:Good job Raya who, from what I was told, brought back the zombies from defeat.

:3 I played being a zombie as though I was in the mafia. It was a bit harder for saying we were all dead and we could only manipulate the game through our living agent! Although I was responsible for keeping the infection alive...Warchamp was the source and he died on night 1, but I became infected by talking to him on night 2, and from me it spread to everyone else. Kinda ironic in a way, for saying one of my abilities was curing the infection...

Also goddammit Weldar, you survived my attempts to get you lynched, even though I knew you were mafia. Still, at least we stopped you from total victory Razz

The zombie forums are still member-viewing only at the minute, although Q will probably unlock them once the role post is up. I'll write about my likes and dislikes for the game once the roles were up as well. There's a few things I'm curious about the roles as well...such as why the second mafia's victims had their alignments hidden (unless the one person with the hiding ability killed each night) and why Minby's recruitment failed, among others. Can't wait for the roles...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:28 am

Zombies weren't actually mafia. We were third party. I just felt that I had a duty as a keeper of law to inform the townies that they were being fooled. We could have acted however we wanted really, I just figured the best way to keep people from suspecting I was a zombie was to act like I wasn't.

Honestly, I realized that I might get away with siding so strongly with Raya, but not for long. And if I died, so too would the information calling out Avalanche as a mafian. So I took a gamble which would have payed off since I was apparently killed by chance?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Raya. But I believed you. OH! That reminds me, the one thing I lied about was scanning Raya. On the second nightphase I actually scanned Surge who was killed and revealed as an innocent. It's a good thing too I guess because my scan that night was blocked. Lot of coincedences this game, huh?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:35 am

AvalancheInABox wrote:so there were more mafians then just us, and Smashbro was playing Weldar, creating a seperate unit with our godfather and they won leaving us, the original mafia in the dust?

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

Almost but not quite. You see Avalanche, well someone else said it best

Or alternatively:

Raya, I can assure you I am not at all mafia. I was telling the truth you know Razz I may have been the godfather but I was a 3rd party from day 1. Like I said Raya, you really helped me out a lot overall in this game. I'm happy you guys won as well you did pretty nicely and I'd say you deserved it. I wouldn't say you stopped me from getting totally victory, to me having a survivor win alongside you doesn't cheapen or decrease the scope of your win in any way, like I said I'm happy you guys made it too Very Happy I also find it kinda of funny that I fucked over Warchamp on the first night then (sorta) saved Spont on the last (of course there's a 75% chance the kill would have bounced off him so he probably didn't need my help but still, I killed Fed before he could murder him).

Edit: TJ, yeah we blocked you cuase we were pretty sure you were the cop Razz Suicide wasn't mafia, Snake was a framer. We made a small push on Suicide and you were the only townie to jump on him with little reason after we'd framed him two nights in a row.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:46 am

Foiled by the random chance that Smashbro would pick up our Godfather

Here I thought the trio of you, Snake and myself would have been unstoppable Sad I feel used

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:49 am

Avalanche you're not listening. http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/1/11/Spy_specialcompleted07.wav Even before smash picked me.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 am

AvalancheInABox wrote:Foiled by the random chance that Smashbro would pick up our Godfather

Here I thought the trio of you, Snake and myself would have been unstoppable Sad I feel used
Nono, he was against you from the start. Even if I hadn't picked Weldar, he still would have had to betray you. So really, me picking Weldar was my yellow brick road to victory. I knew he was doing work that I couldn't know about, but man, so much more than I expected. I never knew there was a second mafia. Excellent, Smithers.

Ninja'd by Smithers

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:57 am

Thanks for reminding me Raya.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE LEMMINGS FOR MAKING THIS THE MOST AMUSING GAME OF MAFIA I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

WATCHING EVERYONE POINT THE INFECTION AT VIERO WAS HILARIOUS.

I was rolling in my grave with laughter :3

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 am

ugh, then what was Q thinking, making the don a betrayer Razz this was a twist that would shame M.Night.Fucking.Shamylan.

great game

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:25 am

smashbro wrote:

And sorry, Relm, had we known other wise that you were a survivor (which was actually going to be my bacup role claim should I had needed it), your life probably would have been spared.[/color]

Yea, that's my own fault. I get to much into the game and stick my neck out trying to put forth valid points as to who may or may not be mafia or what not. Every time a new day got posted I looked at the roster and went "only SO many more people, just a little longer", and then wham, dead. I'll be trying not to be so into the game next time, so to speak, that's why I got killed the first game and I suspect that's why I got killed this one. Posting a lot gets you dead, or you could go the way of Robin and do nothing the whole game, that gets you dead to apparently.

Also; I'm so sad, my ability was awesome, but by the time I actually got into the game and how it had played out, it was of no use to me. Only time it even had the remote chance of being useful, on the Raya vs. Ansem day, if I would've done something with it, nothing would've happened, and that was blah.

Also also; Spont dying in a ball of flame? epic and I approve.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:31 am

DIE AVALANCHIANS!!!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:01 am

Fucking epic.

Also, I feel honored that you used my description for the Terra role, Q.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:43 am

Relmitos wrote:
smashbro wrote:

And sorry, Relm, had we known other wise that you were a survivor (which was actually going to be my bacup role claim should I had needed it), your life probably would have been spared.[/color]

Yea, that's my own fault. I get to much into the game and stick my neck out trying to put forth valid points as to who may or may not be mafia or what not. Every time a new day got posted I looked at the roster and went "only SO many more people, just a little longer", and then wham, dead. I'll be trying not to be so into the game next time, so to speak, that's why I got killed the first game and I suspect that's why I got killed this one. Posting a lot gets you dead, or you could go the way of Robin and do nothing the whole game, that gets you dead to apparently.

Also; I'm so sad, my ability was awesome, but by the time I actually got into the game and how it had played out, it was of no use to me. Only time it even had the remote chance of being useful, on the Raya vs. Ansem day, if I would've done something with it, nothing would've happened, and that was blah.

Also also; Spont dying in a ball of flame? epic and I approve.

Nah Relm, you played well. It's good to get involved like that, in the end I only ordered you to be killed because I needed another non-mafia death and at the point there were only 3 non mafia left, and one was DRTJR who I believed was a bomb, so I only had two options. You had a good level of activity and were fairly insightful and I hope to see you play like that more. Yeah it tends to make you more liely to die but it can also make you more likely do succeed (unless you're a survivor Sad )

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:08 am

I tried getting TheTJ killed on night 1 but Snake wouldn't let me cuz he had to frame himself by killing Viero... It was so irritating when TheTJ started pointing his finger at Avalanche...

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:18 am

Good game guys. Raya wasn't totally honest about what I sent her, so I'm gonna repost me dead message here, because I put a bit of time into it, and it's good for a laugh at what I got horribly, horribly wrong.

To whom it may concern,

I, king Roy Avalanche the First, who died on the thirtieth of May in the year Two Thousand Ten, do hereby state the following assumptions, facts, estimates, and wild guesses.
1:I was the king of Avalanchia, the mason group of this game. I could recruit once per night, but my first recruit, smashbro, failed, and I died the second night, I had tried to recruit Weldar.
2:Viero was my assistant, he had the ability to tell one person per night that he was innocent He used it on Snake, and it was assumed that he was evil.
3:I am 100% sure there is a role in play that's sole purpose was to kill off Avalanchia. My guess is that it was Ansem, as he violently wanted to kill Avalanchians, and make our great nation look bad.
4:The only people I believe to be townies are Weldar, Avalanche and Hudsonboy. I believe the girls, Raya, Darkfalco and Camilla are likely townies, but I'm less sure about them.
5: I have a weird opinion on Snake. At first I thought he was a mafian in cahoots with Ansem when he said he was pure, but Ansem being third party threw that off. I think he's probably innocent, but he's dangerous.
6:Everyone else is incredibly suspicious and I wouldn't be surprised if they were all Mafians creating this chaos, because as everyone says, Mafians thrive in chaos.
7:Finally, my opinion on the player who will likely die tonight, Suicide. I believe the claims that his power relies on the votes he gets, I've seen such daredevil roles in games before, so it doesn't surprise me, but being such a powerful role, he will likely die tonight.
In conclusion, Viero was innocent, Avalanchia were masons, trust the quiet ones, suspect the loud ones, the virus was a sham and a red herring. Now, I bid you good morrow. If you're a mafian, good luck, cause some hell. If you're a third party, use this info wisely and make it to the end. If you're a townie, use this to kick some ass and win this for us. Also, if you could make some way that I can know who you are in a post, like put an extra enter after your first post on the new dayphase, that'd be awesome. I'm cheering for you whatever side you're on.
Your beloved (late) king,
Roy Avalanche the First

Everything I put in there was true, Viero had to be blamed for everything and screw us over >_> And yes, I realize the end part makes no sense since Raya flat out told everyone she was deathspeaker, but it usually doesn't happen, so I wanted to know anyway. Also, Avalanche, it was fun being you this game, lol.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:26 am

sooooo who killed off me, matt mercer, admin of the forums?

oh and good game guys! gah i wish we could have won Sad

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 am

Heh, I was told that it was Raya when I got contacted, only because she caught the infection.

:3

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 am

wait...raya killed me? what were we somehow linked i suppose?

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 am

haha yeah, its fun being me Minby, at least.... when Weldar doesnt screw you over Razz

Also, the three innocent guys you mentioned were mafia

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 am

I know, but I also didn't know there were so many Mafians >_< I also failed as a recruiter Q.Q Lol, I just wanna know what my role was.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:34 am

Minby_Aran wrote:I know, but I also didn't know there were so many Mafians >_< I also failed as a recruiter Q.Q Lol, I just wanna know what my role was.
smashbro wrote:My name is Minby_Aran, and I am the Master of Puppets.
I was you. The Minby role was the manipulative bastard. And Weldar was Raya the godfather. (Gee that sounds familiar...)

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 am

I meant more specifically, because it sounds awesome, and Quaetam told me before the game started that my role was one of his favorites.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am

Ohh, I see.

You'll get the details when Quaetam posts the roles.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:30 pm

This has been an excellent game to follow, I can't wait to read Q's post-game explanation.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Role PM posts begin now. I'm doing them in groups of about 5 and organizing them by faction (townie, then each mafia, then the third parties, then Warchamp, Weldar, and smashbro., then the excluded roles) I'm also going to, after each faction, include a description of what I thought of the faction as a whole as well as how they did and so on, and at the end I'll explain as a whole what happened each nightphase and explain my reasoning behind some of the more intricate death posts (besides just giving people awesome sendoffs), and explain the day/night names (which often fit eerily well)

Townie Roles Pt 1.

Role: The Doctor
Alignment: Town
Forumer: Hans
Player: queen_camilla

One of the forum's most loyal residents, Hans has committed himself to the protection of its populace, although he tends to exhibit troll-like tendencies at times. You are capable of protecting one person each nightphase. They will not die if targeted by a kill that phase.

What I didn't mention: Camilla actually had a 12.5% chance (flip three coins, all must be tails) of killing her target. This only happened Night 1, against Raya. (someone made an oops) Raya had protected herself however, so she avoided it. Camilla was very busy during the early part of this game and as such has trouble choosing targets, which may have hurt the town a little. She targeted, in order, Raya, nobody, spontaneous (who attracted her power with his own, and this redirected onto TheTJ, saving his life), and nobody again. Her death indeed represented Hans' legendary seven proxies behind which he hid. She was killed by RobinDragonRyder Night 4-Thriller.

Role: The Juggernaut
Forumer: Spontaneous Combustion
Player: DRTJR

Spontaneous Combustion’s the name and spontaneous combustion’s the game. When you are lynched you will… …spontaneously combust, spontaneously combusting the last one to vote for you. Also, being a badass cowboy-hat wielding Rorschach, you always carry a loaded pistol. Unfortunately, having been forced to fend for yourself in the chaos that has erupted in the forum, you’re down to one shot. You may take this shot at anytime, either in the day or at night.

This role had a huge impact on the game. Day 1-Entropy, immediately after the game began, DRTJR PMed me to shoot Raya. Unfortunately Raya had already protected herself so the shot was wasted. He then became convinced Raya was scum, and helped to draw a lot of attention against her. This helped the mafias a great deal. I dunno where he got the idea that he was unblockable from, but he wasn't. That or he was pretending to be to reinforce his case against Raya, which succeeded. Funny thing is he ended up winning alongside Raya as a zombie anyways. As for his second power, as a bomb, he only would erupt into flames if he was lynched. With the mafias already hindered by Weldar and their own small sizes this game having him be a nightkill bomb would be OP.

I honestly think that DRTJR played a mix of good and bad. He handled the bomb very well, pretending he would blow up anyone he killed in order to stay alive, but he really wasted the one vigilante shot. However by making himself seem like a Zombie Hunter helped him out when he actually became one of the undead himself. When he died and had to choose who to pass the zombie role onto, out of his choices he immediately chose Spontaneous Combustion, which was actually the only safe choice, and this action won the zombies the game effectively. DRTJR was killed by JGH27 Night 6-Desolation.

Role: IP Tracker
Forumer: Matt Mercer
Player: DarkFalco

You are Matt Mercer, the brilliance behind TWBB and the voice of Ganon. As one of the co-admins of the TWBB forums, you have committed yourself to the elimination of the those who would defile your boards. Each dayphase you may PM me with the name of one person who you would like to preform an IP trace on. The next day you will be given a list of every person they came in contact with that night (the people listed will be who targeted them and who they targeted).

The first of the two admin roles, DarkFalco actually had a lot of info that could have come to good use had she chosen to bequeath it. Day 1 she ordered a scan on Snake, proving he'd interacted with Viero, SuicideAngel, Raya, Ansem, and RobinDragonRyder. This could have given the town a lot of insight on Snake's motives. Day 2 she targeted Raya, which actually revealed Raya had interacted with Warchamp7 and hudsonboy111. Since Warchamp7 was dead this could have been good proof that Raya was the deathtalker and would likely have brought Weldar down Day 3. Her next scan (she didn't order one on Day 3) was on Weldar Day 4, and it was proven that Weldar interacted with Spontaneous Combustion. On Day 5 she scanned TheTJ which revealed he'd interacted with hudsonboy111 and Weldar, and could have incriminated them both. Weldar killed DarkFalco that night however, so she didn't get these results in time to use them. Pretty much all of these scans yielded a lot of juicy info (although it only revealed the names, not how they interacted) and could have made quite a difference. It was a tricky role though and as such I understand why DarkFalco might have wanted to keep her info to herself. DarkFalco was killed by Weldar Night 5-Despondency.

Role: Hacker
Forumer: Viero
Player: td260

Being an up and coming game designer has granted you impressive computer know how. Each night you are able to either scan the interwebz for damning evidence (note: this has no target, you simply PM me asking to scan the internet) or upload a virus onto the computer of the player of your choice (if you choose this PM me your target). That player will be completely role and vote blocked, and if part of a private forum will be banned from that forum for the day.

td260 came up with this role idea himself, and I changed it a little bit, but I felt both that he deserved it and that giving him his own suggestion was good for security Razz. His one target was to scan the interwebz, and got DarkFalco's role PM, but never had the chance to release that info. DarkFalco was never very forward about her results, but if td had had the chance to post his scan results she might have been more confident in releasing her IP trace results. His sudden lynch surprised me as much as anyone, and I'm surprised the town didn't jump on all those sudden bandwagoners against him.

Role: Enforcer
Forumer: Ansem
Player: TheTJ

It’s up to you to root out the liars and the scum from amidst the general populace. You have the ability to scan someone each nightphase to determine their allegiance. However, the stress and intensity of this job has led you into an insane rampage. You are willing to take any risks and make any sacrifices to see the mob slaughtered. In addition to normal cop powers, you have the ability whenever two individuals are either tied for a lynch or within two votes of each other (and at least ¾ of the remaining people have voted) to order them both killed. You maniac. This can be used twice per game. PM me near the end of a dayphase with a tied or nearly tied lynch to request this.

Yes, the KillThemBoth was a pun off how Ansem had me killed Game 4. Ansem actually suggested to do something similar this game as well, which I found funny. The power wouldn't work if three people satisfied its conditions unless two were actually tied for first place. TheTJ missed the one chance he had to activate this power, which was on Day 2 I believe. As a cop, TheTJ scanned SuicideAngel, Surgepox, Avalanche, and Spont in that order. Suicide was framed by Snake when TheTJ scanned him, so appeared guilty. He became a zombie following Raya's death. His first night as a zombie (night 4-Thriller) his powers were controlled by Fedaykin, the Mindtaker, and was supposed to scan smashbro and infect Snake but Spont attracted both of his powers. The infection was randomized by Spont's passive ability and hit Relmitos but was switched to DRTJR by hudson, the bus driver! His scan on Spont wasn't randomized and ended up actually hitting Spont. Yeah, the redirects were a bitch that night. It was hilarious. TheTJ was the hero of the town this game, but when Raya and then he subsequently became zombies all his work was undermined, allowing Weldar and Smash to slip back under the radar.

I had actually planned to give a random townie vigilante powers (the banstick) upon Avalanche's death, but decided against it. Still, I gave him the banstick as a memento for his bravado Wink. He was murdered by hudsonboy111, the bus driver, on Night 5, Despondency.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:22 pm

I....uh.......*takes some of Spont's medicine*

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down