TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Quaetman wrote:TheTJ was the hero of the town this game, but when Raya and then he subsequently became zombies all his work was undermined, allowing Weldar and Smash to slip back under the radar.
Yeah, we really lucked out with that. When you guys read our side forum, we have our posts of panic and back up planning (which ended up not being needed), and then when the death reveals of zombies came up, we kinda went back to chill mode.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah I totally freaked out when Raya accused me, in the end it was Quaetam who snapped me out of it with an offhand comment in a pm, I had 7 votes on my side. It actually surprised me when so many townies sided against Raya. And yeah when it turned out she was a zombie my jaw hit the floor.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:17 pm

According from the roles so far, this game was sort of a complete clusterfuck. That's a compliment.

*takes medicine back from Avalanche*

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:56 pm

gee thanks guys. you know, that random lynch everyone did on me? that was great. Really great.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Townie Roles Pt. 2

Role: Good Neighbor
Alignment: Avalanchia (Masons)
Forumer: td260
Player: Viero

A friendly player, you’ve managed to quickly associate yourself with someone you know you can trust: President King Emporer God Roy Avalanche the First of Avalanchia (Avalanche91 played by Minby_Aran, he's the mason recruiter). Also, as atrue believer in the principles of innocent until proven guilty, you can extend a friendly greeting to one person each day. Each dayphase, PM me the name of one person. They will be informed you are a townie.

You will be given a private forum when the game starts (I'm holding back just so you guys don't get an unfair advantage by having extra time to scheme. Same goes for the mafia with its forum)

Viero's power was sent directly through me and said "Viero sends you a friendly greeting. He is on the side of the town." This was meant to vindicate the Avalanchians as innocent, but he happened to send it to the one person who would take advantage of that (Snake literally killed him "just for shiggles"). To be honest, I was astounded no one thought it obvious that Snake killed Viero. Even he was surprised at how long he lived. However, as you'll see in his role, he has an uncanny ability to avoid being killed even when under an enormous amount of suspicion. So much of the game was affected by this one power use: from here Raya got the entire theory about the virus, which distracted the town from the mafia for about four dayphases, and by extension screwed them over, although a small handful survived until the last two or three days. I will have to say the virus theory was bloody brilliant, although as Snake said you should have trusted me not to put something that unbalancing into the game. There was a virus but it was nowhere near as deadly as you guys thought (See: Zombies). Yes, Raya, I had quite a few terrible aces up my sleeve (See: WELDAR), but Viero's greeting was certainly not one of them Razz.

There was actually another power his role had that never got activated. If manipulated by the Minby_Aran role (smashbro), the td260 role would act as a rolecop with a 12.5% chance of producing inaccurate results (He'd get alignment and role title, but I'd flip 3 coins and if all were heads he'd get something incorrect).

One nail I really hit on the head: The actual td260 was one of the first players to point out that Avalanchia might be masons.

Role: King of Avalanchia
Alignment: Avalanchia (Masons)
Forumer: Avalanche91
Player: Minby_Aran

You are President King Emporer God Roy Avalanche the First, skilled mafia player and soon to be king of the world! As ruler of the widely recognized nation of Avalanchia, you wield power scarcely dreamed of by even the most extraordinary of men. It’s simply time to let the world know you exist. You may recruit one person into Avalanchia each nightphase. Certain roles cannot be recruited, however, although failure to recruit WILL NOT result in death. Do not attempt to determine who is mafia or third party solely based on the success or failure of your recruiting: Much more than they cannot be recruited. The Kingdom of Avalanchia wins with the town.

You've recently come into contact with td260, a resourceful fella who is ready to lend Your Majesty his aid. td260 is played by Viero.

You and Viero will be given a private forum when the game begins.

The Avalanchians had very bad luck this game. Minby attempted to recruit smashbro night 1, and, naturally, this failed. On night 2 he was on the verge of picking Raya but decided Weldar instead. Had he picked Raya he would have been able to pass the recruiting power on to her, a powerful choice (King Avalanche could pass the recruiting power on upon his death, although no subsequent recruiters could). One important thing to note: The only roles that couldn't be recruited were the mafians, the Chessmaster, the Manipulative Bastard, and the Renegade. That's 8 out of 22 (well 9 when Robin joined the mafia, more on that later). I made it seem like a lot more so Minby wouldn't use his power as a neo-Cop. The reason behind their ambiguous reveals was primarily that with all the powerful townie roles in this game, if the Avalanchians attempted to steamroll they would have been quite successful if they were revealed as townies on death. Additionally, Viero's power was meant to be a vindication for the Avalanchians. He just happened to target the one player who would really, really take advantage of it. In my original setup they were a cult anyways, so just having them be town-aligned was a bonus. Minby, as the King of Avalanchia, was checkmated by the Chessmaster Night 2. There was a lot of symbolism in that death, and to those who had at least a partial knowledge of the behind-the-scenes it was understandably awesome. It remains my favorite apart from the finale kills.

The link to the Avalanchians' forum: http://mafia6avalanchia.proboards.com/index.cgi

Role: Bringer of Chaos
Alignment: Town
Forumer: Fobby
Player: Spontaneous Combustion

Oh-ho-ho, this is gonna be a fun one. I’ll let you figure out what your role is about, mmkay? One hint: You can target someone each nightphase if you so choose.

Spontaneous Combustion, one of the three to survive this game, had a masked role. And this was one of my most favorite roles simply because it affected so many things and Spont had no clue what he was doing Razz. Here's the real role PM:

Spoiler:
Role: Obvious Fail Troll

Fobby, Fobby. Your antics greatly agitate and amuse the general forum's populace. You are a bringer of chaos, and you enjoy the lulz that you bring to the people. Any ability that targets you has a 75% chance of being redirected onto a random player (I'll flip two coins. If both are heads, the ability won't be random. Otherwise it will go to a RNG.). This includes protection, scans, nightkills, and more. Also, through your trolling you can distract even the most disciplined of individuals. Target someone at night, and they will be forced to use their abilities on you. Those abilities will then be affected by the possible randomization.

So yeah, Spont's role was a nexus who could force people to target him. This role had a major effect on the game, some nights more than other. Night 1 he targeted td260 but td260 scanned the interwebz, not a targetable power. Night 2 he went for SuicideAngel, who used an ability granting nightkill immunity. Neither were targeted, so this didn't matter either. It was Night 3 that things started to go down. Mafia 2 had RobinDragonRider kill TheTJ. Spontaneous targeted queen_camilla, attracting the protection, which was randomized onto TheTJ, saving his life. Awesome coincidence. Night 4, the one night Weldar didn't make a kill, he targeted Weldar, which had no effect. Night 5 he targeted TheTJ, overriding Fedaykin's mind control and attracting both TheTJ's scan and his zombie infection. The scan wasn't randomized, and showed Spont to be innocent. The infection, however, was randomed onto Relmitos, but ended up hitting DRTJR thanks to hudsonboy111, who had switched their places. I was laughing for quite a while at this. Night 6 he was mindcontrolled (and it was not randomized) by Fedaykin, forcing him to attract DRTJR to no effect. That night DRTJR died and made him the new zombie, an excellent choice. In the final nightphase, Night 7, he was actually mindcontrolled again but Fed chose JGH for the infection (he was already infected) and Spont himself for the attract, which randomized onto smashbro and had no effect. A number of times smashbro was almost targeted through the random. Not like it matters, but smash was right below TheTJ on the Night 5 RNG to determine the kill. This was one of my favorite roles, as I said before, and seeing Spont play it blind was awesome. He also gets cred for the funny troll memes he sent me with his night power submissions.

Role: The Oft-Misnamed
Forumer: Quaetam
Player: SurgePox

A relative newbie in the TWBB forums, you’re sick and tired of having your username spelled wrong. Your powers this game vary; they are determined by the number of times your name is said. The more times your name is said, the greater a power you will receive that nightphase. Names in a private forum, of course, do not count towards your daily total, nor do role power submissions via PM .

Level 1 (name said 5 or more times):

Diversion

Using logic you can redirect the attention of any actions away from a given target. You target one player and redirect to another. Any actions preformed on the first chosen player will be redirected to the second chosen player, including kills. Be warned, however. This is not a bus driver power. Any actions that target the second chosen player will still hit the second chosen player.

When submitting your action, please indicate who you wish to protect and who you wish to redirect actions onto.

Level 2 (name said 10 or more times):

Reasoning

You can analyze events to determine the probably identity of a given player. Target one person, and you will be told what forumer they play as and be given the method of their role (Passive, Target 1 Player, Target 2 Players, etc.)

Level 3 (name said 15 or more times):

Deduction

You can attempt to glean information out of a player’s statement. PM me the name of one player. Without revealing your role I will ask them to relay to me all their suspicions and their thoughts about the game’s structure. You will be relayed this message in turn.

Level 4 (name said 20 or more times):

Judgement

Choose the name of one player. You will be told their alignment as if it were a cop scan and given the option to kill them. Any kill by this ability is unblockable.

This was essentially a Jack-of-all-trades who had to earn his powers, as a detector (Reasoning and sort of Deduction), semi-doctor (Diversion), townie-rallyer (Deduction), and finally Vigilante (Judgement). Quaetam, when targeted by the Minby_Aran role, would simply join him instead of being manipulated, and would cause Minby to scan as innocent as long as he was alive. I'd actually made the Quaetam role a Candlejack before Weldar gave me the suggestion, so naturally I was very quiet about this. Surge played this role beautifully, purposefully goading people into saying his name by saying theirs (on top of attracting enormous amounts of attention). At one point he said "Snake,Snake,Snake to try to get SnakeInABox to respond accordingly. Had that succeeded he'd have gotten Judgement on Day 2. Instead he ended up using Deduction, and spoke to Smash, but was killed. Night 1 he used Diversion to redirect anything targeting him onto DRTJR, although it didn't make a difference. He was considering using this night 2 and it would have saved him, yes, even against the unblockable Avalanche (since it didn't block the kill just redirect it.) I was sad to have died early but was happy to see this role played with such bravado.

This post is getting super long so the other two townies will be in the next one. Fitting since I have a lot to say about them.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Damn, Surge's is very creative, and very fitting for the kind of mafia player that Surge is. So that's who I was responding to when I got the mysterious message.... So, Surge, did you believe me at all or think what I said was complete bs? (Edit: I reread what I wrote you... lul, probably not then).

Edit: I'm reading the Avalanchian board. Sorry I failed to be recruited, MInby. If I was, you guys probably would have been more screwed as I would have told Weldar, who had mafia connections. Though I'm glad I got to go for a game without taking on a proactive, rallyer-type strategy of play.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Reading surge's role amused me greatly, it really is something unique. Spont's role was just funny. "I'll do this, maybe something groovy will happen"

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Spontaneous had a large number of theories about what his power did, including that he was the "Serial Killer" himself Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:04 pm

I have a nagging suspision that DRTJR was not a role

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 pm

well sorry i didn't post my evidence guys. at the time it really didn't make much sense to me and i was afraid if i said something i'd end up dead, which i soon was anyway.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 pm

if It makes you feel any better DRTJR, more then likely I'm not either, cause I was a substitute midway through the game and I think someone was revealed as being yuke5, I could be wrong about that though, don't remember.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Now that my role has been revealed, I would like to thank Quaetam for putting such a well-tailored role to my playstyle into my hands. This was hilariously fun to play, as everyone who I was engaging was totally unaware how much they were helping me (reasonably so, this was a really creative role.) This was probably my favorite thing I threw out there:
SurgePox wrote:include an @username so people know who you are addressing when you abruptly start talking about something else.
I know this didn't catch on, but I still luld at it all.

@smash I actually bought what you said, the reason I picked you to glean were twofold:
1. I didn't think you were mafia, as a lot of the concerns you raised in the thread were ones I shared myself, so I figured we were on the same page in terms of alignment.
2. I wanted to see how my aggressive playstyle was affecting peoples suspicions of me. Sure enough, you confirmed my fear that people thought I was playing hard because I was a mafian. I was going to try to cut back a bit, but I died before I could make it to the next phase. Bummer, but at least I got to talk game with Quaetam for the rest of the time.

Btw, Q is absolutely diabolical. He told me a few of his scrapped plans, and had he gone with them, it would have been fucking chaos. I am curious to find out who killed me and why, and to see Q explain the rest of this game's events.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:50 pm

I already told you this in chat, but I'll state for the record here that I was honest when I said I thought you were mafia or suspicious. And I half-lied when I said I was a survivor; I wasn't aligned with any side, and I could only win by surviving, but I had to be basically the only one left along with my puppet.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:01 am

Town Roles Pt. 3 (the rest of them)

Role: The Mindfucker
Forumer: SnakeInABox
Player: SuicideAngel

An incredibly capable mafia player who is both intelligent and crafty, you have but one weakness. As a self-proclaimed actor, you love grabbing the attention of others, and with your cunning you relish in your ability to screw with peoples’ heads. Your powers this game vary, and depend on how close in votes you are to the person who gets lynched: The more votes placed on you each day phase, the more powerful you will be the next day.

Level 1 (25%):

Perplexion

Your crafty language renders you an uncertain target in the eyes of those who hunt in the darkness. Despite attracting the attention of the masses, you are able to inexplicably dodge each and every kill thrown at you this nightphase should you choose to activate this power.

In my original game plan this power also would tell the Mindfucker who targeted him that night.

Level 2 (50%):

Spotlight Thief

A true actor and lover of the spotlight, you often attract the attention of others. Consider this ability a partial lightning rod: When activated every night action has a 50% chance of being automatically redirected to you, including kills, protection, scans, and more.

Level 3 (75%):

Process of Elimination

A master of the process of elimination, your reasoning skills are paramount. Choose the names of three players. You will be given a list of the forumers they play, but not who plays which forumer.

In my original plan this power would have revealed the three alignments between them as well, and allowed Suicide to choose who out of the list scanned as which of the alignments. So say he chose himself, Avalanche, and smashbro. He'd have been given the names SnakeInABox, smashbro, and Minby_Aran, and the alignments Forumer, Mafia, and None, and been able to choose which of his three targets scanned as which character and which alignment for the next dayphase.

Level 4 (100%):

Showstopper

You have captured the spotlight, and hold the mafia by the ropes. There can be no nightkills tonight. Additionally, you can choose one player. You and your target will be able to PM each other for one dayphase. PM me the name of the player you wish to target.

So yeah, another Jack-of-all-trades, the SnakeInABox role was a very high-risk high-reward one. This role I hadn't thought of until Weldar suggested the Danger Enthusiast, although I'd had other attention-seeking roles in mind such as a simple jack of all trades with weaker powers including lightning rod, target control, etc. When decided on in my original game plan it was a mafia role, but I made it townie instead when there weren't as many players. Hence the changes in the powers. He had some very bad yet also good luck Night 1, when he was both framed by SnakeInABox and scanned by TheTJ, so he appeared guilty, and this both arrayed support against him but gave him one guaranteed extra vote from TheTJ himself, although TheTJ planned to use the doublelynch ability to kill him if the chance arose. Suicide played very well for only his second game, and pulled off quite a good Snake impression, with his subtle hints and acting analogies. Night 2 he earned powers 1-3 but used Perplexion, fearing for his death. As he's told me himself, had he used Process of Elimination or even Spotlight Thief he'd have probably done a lot of good that night, but frankly, given the difficulty and general risk involved in this role, he did probably what most would have done, and something quite understandable at that. He used Perplexion again the night of his death and was roleblocked, so the kill, preformed by the "lone silouhette" Weldar, succeeded.

One more thing: The level 4 power would have stopped even unblockable kills from going off. An appropriate reward for it being so hard to attain. It's the idea that the mafians are paralyzed by fear of being found out and decide to lay low.

SuicideAngel's "trademark random guessing", unlike game 5, was actually quite on the money this time. As evident in the finale, Suicide actually guessed, without knowing he was correct, that there was a second mafia, in the first post of the second dayphase. Good laughs were had.

Role: The Prophet
Forumer: zach also rises
Player: Raya

One of the esteemed co-creators of There Will Be Brawl, and true owner of the infamous troll account Poochy, zach also rises is looked up to and generally admired by the forum populace. As an administrator, zach also has powers beyond even those of the mods. Your ability is unique: Each day and each night, you may PM me with one of the following requests.

1) Speaker to the Dead: You may PM me asking for the advice of one dead person. I will PM the dead person notifying them that you asked for their advice and telling them to reply sending me all of their thoughts and suspicions. I’ll send the suspicions to you via PM. Don’t PM the dead person directly: This action must be taken through me. This is the reason I’m implementing the new rule of no discussion of the game between dead people, and one of the major reasons I didn't quite like the substitute idea.
2) Cleanse one player: This will vaccinate him of all subversive infections. You might be able to figure out what this one means as the game is played out.
3) Administrative Protection: You can protect someone doctor-style.

You can use one admin power each dayphase and one power each nightphase, but can never use the same power until all your powers have been used.

As an added bonus, if Matt Mercer was dead and Zach talked to him, Matt would be resurrected as an unblockable nightkill vigilante with a one-way lover bond to Zach (meaning he'd re-die if Zach died but Zach would survive if he died).

All in all this was another very powerful town role. The Administrative Protection lasted a full day-night spread, a powerful weapon against the high level of fatality this game. Funny enough, this very feature saved Raya not only once but twice in the first day-night spread: First from DRTJR's hastily used vigilante shot and second from queen_camilla's failed protection that night. This was her Day 1 action. Her Night 1 was to cleanse SnakeInABox which of course had no effect. The next morning she contacted Warchamp who, having been out of the game following his death and attempt to convert Weldar, was given another chance. He said essentially that Weldar was mafia and responsible for his death. Sneaky bastard. This one action, both the infection and Warchamp's statement, changed things dramatically. Because of the nature of her infection, picking it up off a dead zombie, Raya did not know she was a zombie herself, and in fact kept her townie alignment until she died. The one change was that following her infection from Warchamp everyone she tried to cleanse would in reality be infected. Night 2 she protected herself again, although this didn't matter, and Day 3 she tried to cleanse Spontaneous but it was randomized onto TheTJ (who, by the way, had a knack of being chosen by the RNG-he was first infected by a deflection off Spont, then protected from a nightkill off a deflection from spont, then actually killed when a kill was redirected!) This was how TheTJ got infected with the zombie virus. Beyond this, Raya spoke to Minby, finally vindicating the Avalanchians but also bringing Weldar's guilt into light, and incriminating smashbro as well. In this regard, Weldar's survival was based on a horrible coincidence: that Raya became a zombie on her death due to her infection from Warchamp. That coincidence was cemented when TheTJ, Raya's right hand man as a townie, was a zombie as well Razz. Had Raya chosen to speak to Viero, the entire game could have been completely different: Snake would have likely gone down early, and the Virus theory would have never happened (more on that later). Moreover, Raya being a zombie is the one thing that let Weldar escape the noose, and if Weldar had been hanged and revealed as Alignment: None, smashbro would likely get the nightkill. Things lined up very hilariously bad for the town in the beginning of this game.

EDIT: Just saw Raya posted this: "Waaait a minute...my role was the Prophet. I tried to unite everyone with me, yet I was turned against and killed. I went to my death willingly to save everyone, then I rose from the grave three days later. Hmm...". This made me laugh.

Moreover, Raya played devious as always, but was a major factor in the town's downfall by distracting them with what I consider to be quite a brilliant Virus theory. The town ignored a lot of obvious scumtells in the three or so days they focused on the virus, and their numbers were whittled down quite dramatically. The irony here is that Raya went on to win in the afterlife as a zombie. In fact, pretty much all the major opposition to Weldar ended up winning alongside him-Warchamp, his first kill, Raya, his main opponent, TheTJ, Raya's right hand man... When you see the zombie forum you'll see exactly how awesome their plans there were.

Mafia 1 (Mafia White since the game follows such an awesome chess analogy) 's roles will be coming soon...

Last edited by Quaetman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Raya was zach)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 am

Man, it really looks like the underdogs won it this game...

Also, I'm really curious as to what my role was (And why I'm always a mafia role. Razz )

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:14 am

Suicide actually came INCREDIBLY close to earning the Showstopper: it was the day I'd extended the dayphase to 10 PM EST due to lack of votes, and Fedaykin changed from SnakeInABox to td260 only 8 minutes prior, breaking the tie between td and Suicide.

And TJ, I'm totally serious about that RNG. My jaw dropped after all those coincidences with Spont's redirect. Kind of fitting though, that you were first protected then killed by it. The Random Number Generator giveth life, the Random Number Generator taketh life away.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:25 am

TheTJ wrote:Man, it really looks like the underdogs won it this game...

Also, I'm really curious as to what my role was (And why I'm always a mafia role. Razz )

Here's a hint, TheTJ role wasn't mafian role Razz Or at least it didn't start that way.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:45 am

I hated you SOO Much that night Feday >=( If you'd turned out to be townie I'da smacked you lol

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:21 am

Quaetman wrote:When you see the zombie forum you'll see exactly how awesome their plans there were.

Eheheheh.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 am

Quaetman wrote:
Role: Bringer of Chaos

Oh-ho-ho, this is gonna be a fun one. I’ll let you figure out what your role is about, mmkay? One hint: You can target someone each nightphase if you so choose.

Spontaneous Combustion, one of the three to survive this game, had a masked role. And this was one of my most favorite roles simply because it affected so many things and Spont had no clue what he was doing Razz. Here's the real role PM:

Spoiler:
Role: Obvious Fail Troll

Fobby, Fobby. Your antics greatly agitate and amuse the general forum's populace. You are a bringer of chaos, and you enjoy the lulz that you bring to the people. Any ability that targets you has a 75% chance of being redirected onto a random player (I'll flip two coins. If both are heads, the ability won't be random. Otherwise it will go to a RNG.). This includes protection, scans, nightkills, and more. Also, through your trolling you can distract even the most disciplined of individuals. Target someone at night, and they will be forced to use their abilities on you. Those abilities will then be affected by the possible randomization.

Man, this is some funny shit.
I sort of figured out early that if I am a troll, I should try to get people to try to nightkill me or something, but got no evidence for that. But I guess Nexus works out.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am

I love the idea of the Qu---....the...role of the often misspelled one Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:42 am

i love my roll...maniac! Razz

the amount of mindfuckery in this game was so huge, it was really really scary at 1 point. i had no idea what to think.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 am

Mafia 1 (White) Roles:

Role: El Yanitor
Alignment: Mafia
Forumer: Sahrimnir
Player: JGH27

Well aren’t you the quiet one? It’s only fitting that someone meant to clean up the mafia’s dirty work would keep to the shadows so stealthily. After all, no one expects someone who posts so infrequently. As long as you are alive, the mafia’s nightkills will not have alignment reveals on death, and any mafians lynched will not have role reveals.

Your partners in crime:
Fedaykin
Weldar

Yes, the mafia this game is very small. However, together your powers are quite great, and there just may be some others who would lend a hand to your cause...

The link to your private forum will be provided when the game begins.

JGH27 was the reason behind the death reveals. I gave this mafia two very strong powers because there were only two of them (there would have been three in my original game plan-the Mindfucker (Suicide's role) was on this mafia). The lynch part was frankly a little OP, but never came into play anyways since Mafia White never had someone lynched, and would not have covered Weldar. In addition, to balance him covering every single death made by Mafia White, the mafia wouldn't know the identity of the victim either. He was quite inactive in the early part of this game due to his injury last month, and I think this certainly lended itself to his near-success. He also played quite well for having never been mafian before. While suspicious for his bandwagonning, JGH was often overlooked in favor of more flamboyantly evil targets. His one kill was on DRTJR, with the trash compactor room. I had almost considered having him take out a mop and bucket and begin to scrub away at the blood, but that might have been too revealing. As for the sympathetic parties? There was no traitor this game, but there was a Freelancer and a number of different groups (such as the Renegade, Ansem) that would not have minded a mafia victory. JGH was endgamed in the finale by Weldar and Smashbro.

Mafia White's private forum: http://twbbmafia6.proboards.com/index.cgi

Strangely enough the forum's colors (supposed to be green and black with white text) show up as similar to Mafia Black's on my IE browser. Did anyone else see this?

EDIT: Just fixed it. I wonder if you mafia blokes have been playing with my experimental color scheme the whole game 0_o

Role: Mafia Mindtaker
Alignment: Mafia
Forumer: Mentok
Player: Fedaykin

No one can withstand the sheer power of the MINDTAKER! Each night, you may take someone's mind for use in the next dayphase. To do so, PM me their name and tell me who you want them to vote for. I will tell them that they are to vote for the said individual, and they will be prohibited from mentioning your influence upon their mind. In addition, if they have a role that can target someone, you will be informed as such and can choose who they target.

Your mafia comrades:
Weldar
JGH27

The mafia this game is a small one indeed. Might there be other parties out there sympathetic to your cause?

The link to the mafia's private forum will be provided when the game begins.

Yes, all you guys who had your minds taken now know the identity of the bastard who did it Razz. This role I had designed since before I knew about the MENTOK one in Game 5, so naturally the surprise of it was a little lessened when Minby had his game 5 one. When someone was targeted by Fed they'd essentially be told "Someone has forced your hand. You are using your power on _______ this night. (or day when it applied) In addition, you are to vote for _______ this dayphase. The vote cannot be changed and must look intentional. You cannot indicate that you were forced." When Spont was contacted I said "Someone is fucking with your medicine" XD. Fed, if they had multiple abilities, would have to submit in the form of "Ability 1 targets ______. Ability 2 targets ________." Quite a dastardly power. Its first use was on SuicideAngel, forcing him to vote Snake and denying him the one additional vote that could have given him the Showstopper ability Day 2 (as well as saved td260's life through the tie). Suicide didn't have a targetable ability then (he chose Perplexion) so that wasn't controlled. He then forced DRTJR to vote Ansem, but hudsonboy111's bus driving switched DRTJR and Raya, so Raya used this to her advantage and led a charge against Ansem. Its next use was critical: Targeting SnakeInABox and forcing him to vote for DRTJR and use his framing ability on Avalanche (who already scanned guilty). The big thing here was that it made Snake look suspicious through his random vote, which he didn't want to support but couldn't make look unintentional. Snake was nightkilled by Mafia White anyways, but by that point everyone pretty much accepted that he was mafian.

From Night 4 onwards, this power was a huge burden to the zombies. Night 4 it targeted TheTJ who had just turned zombie with Raya's death, but Spontaneous attracted TJ's powers anyways. The scan was successful but the infection redirected to Relm who had been switched with DRTJR by hudson, so by a triple ricochet hit DRTJR. TheTJ was made to vote Avalanche in Day 5. Night 5 he hit zombieTJ again, making him scan Weldar (who turned up innocent of course) and infect hudsonboy111. TheTJ would have voted Relmitos, but he died that night when Mafia Black's kill on Spont was redirected. Following Night 5 TheTJ passed his infection on to DRTJR. This time the mindtaking hit Spontaneous, forcing him to attract DRTJR's infection! Fortunately for the zombies this wasn't randomized, and immediately upon his death DRTJR chose Spont to be the next zombie. Spont was forced to hop onto the hudsonboy bandwagon as well. On the final night, Night 7-Malice, Spont was actually mindcontrolled again and forced to infect JGH and attract himself, which randomized onto smashbro, who didn't have an ability to attract. Had he hit a kill, there was a 2/5 chance (after the 75% random) he'd kill either Weldar or smashbro and either extend the game one more dayphase or end it in Mafia White's favor respectively. So Night 4 and Night 5 a zombie was controlled, then Spont was forced into attracting the zombie infection anyways, then the zombie was controlled again night 7! They really had a huge burden with all these controllings.

Additionally, Fed was the first to actually figure out that there was a second mafia (some others had wildly guessed at it (see: SuicideAngel) but after Avalanche was lynched banned Fed put the pieces together right away. Weldar, who was meant to do everything he could to keep the existance of both mafias a secret, but was allowed to go along with the other mafians' theories if they came up with them, was given a little elbow room with this, but also important is the influence it had on the finale. JGH had listened to Fed's claims but wasn't entirely sure of them. Then, as the storm raged and the menacing figure approached JGH from across the roof, everything clicks, and he realizes that Fedaykin was horribly right. Fedaykin's kills were the two that drove the victims insane; first on SnakeInABox and then on Spontaneous, which failed because Weldar targeted Fed and submitted the kill first, preventing him from getting the kill off. Or did nobody notice the lack of "Spont was killed" in the finale? Wink This saved the zombies. Additionally, Fed actually had a plan jsut before Day 7-Malevolence ended that would have won Mafia White the game. He had intended to secretly switch his kill to smashbro to usurp Weldar in a fortuitous coup (just for kicks). Had he done that and submitted his kill first he would have won the game. In the end he decided against it, however, but Weldar was tipped off anyways by his odd behavior that day, and, knowing the mafians could secretly change their kills if they wanted, got scared and targeted Fed instead of JGH, submitting his kill first and blocking Fed's hit on Spont (which by the random could have been disastrous for Weld and Smash anyways). Fedaykin was killed by the "lone silhouette" Weldar Night 7 (the first half of the finale post).

All in all Fedaykin played beautifully. He was active most of the time, he made some gutsy moves, he had the last post before the finale, and wasn't afraid to take risks. He dodged around suspicion quite well, and nearly won it for his team.

Last edited by Quaetman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 5 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 am

FUCK YOU WELDAR!!!!!!!

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:14 am

hey, i have a question. I still don't understand.

WHY DID EVERYONE VOTE FOR ME?!?

i'm not whining. I really want to know. was it just that you needed an easy scapegoat? was it that you thought i was mafia because of the way that i behaved? was it that you thought i sucked at the game so much that you had to kill me early?
I just want a reason.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top