TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 am

I honestly don't know. Chaos begets chaos, which begets chaos, which begets chaos...

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:29 am

I will admit it surprised me as much as anyone else, but here's the Day 2 votes:

Final Day 2 votes wrote:
td260 (5): Spontaneous Combustion, Weldar, Artiste Ansem, SnakeInABox, Fedaykin
SuicideAngel (4): hudsonboy111, TheTJ, smashbro, Minby_Aran
SnakeInABox (2): SuicideAngel, Surgepox
Raya (1): DRTJR
DRTJR (2): Raya, Avalanche91
Nobody (1): JGH27

I think a large part was the mafians' (and Chessmaster's) influence and desire to ensure a townie was lynched. They also may have thought you were Avalanchain based on your defense of Avalanchia. Out of the 5 people who voted for you, you had one from each mafia and Weldar. Needless to say there were a lot of people with malicious intent out for your blood. Had Fed not mindcontrolled Suicide's vote onto SnakeInABox Suicide would have likely voted for himself, a tie right there. Your sudden bandwagon would have earned Suicide the Showstopper power, and saved both Surge and Minby.

Mafia Black's roles will come up in an hour or two, I have some stuff to do.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Just realized Brazil vs Ivory Coast is on, so I'm getting the Mafia Black roles out now:

Mafia 2 (Black) Roles:

Role: Mafia Ninja Corrupted Moderator
Alignment: Mafia
Forumer: smashbro
Player: Avalanche91

Being all alone with your cuddly little Squirtle has given you time to think. It’s time for you to be something more, something greater. With the presence of the mob, opportunity has knocked. As a moderator, any nightkills made by you will be entirely unblockable. However, being so powerful, the banstick takes a day to warm up after each use. You are permitted to make nightkills only every other nightphase. With your administrative priveledges, you have also been granted a modicum of privacy. While still vulnerable to cop scans, you are immune to… …other forms of detection. Just to set things straight: Your power makes any nightkills made by you unblockable. You don’t get your own, separate nightkills.

Your mafia comrades:
Weldar
hudsonboy111
SnakeInABox

The link to the mafia forum will be granted when the game begins.

Avalanche's smashbro role was one of my faves for its malleability. The role was perfectly passable as a vigilante, especially since its kills would "ban" the victim. In the case that Avalanche didn't choose to go this route (which he didn't), it also helped that he was immune to all forms of tracking but a cop scan. Sadly, this was the only form of tracking he was subjected too, as TheTJ scanned him Night 3. Avalanche's only kill was on SurgePox, and Surge may have saved himself if he'd used the Diversion power to redirect it (since it wasn't blocking the kill, only diverting it). Indeed, there were actually a couple minor ways to prevent this kill. The Showstopper power of the SnakeInABox role would negate the mafia's ability to make a kill, so Av couldn't strike, and any redirect could move it around. For how he played, It's Avalanche. He was crafty as usual, and took complete advantage of Raya's virus theory, helping to pin it on the Avalanchians. This, unfortunately, was part of what proved to be his downfall, as TheTJ, who was mind-controlled into voting for him Day 5, pointed out his guilty scan as well. Weldar and the rest of Mafia Black proceeded to off him in a sacrifice, which helped to keep them in the dark. I gave Avalanche a pretty epic lynch ban Day 5 for a reason; on top of him just deserving something epic, it represented the sheer depths of the corruption amidst the forumers. Hence the day's name itself, Corruption Wink. Mafia Black looked ready to take the game by storm until they started to drop like rocks towards the end, with Snake down Night 4, Av down Day 5, Robin down Day 6, and hudson, the last Black, down Day 7.

I had originally planned to use an RNG to give a random townie the banstick with the same unblockable killing conditions (only every other night), making them a bi-nightly unblocka-vigilante, but decided against it when the protecting roles mostly died so early on, resulting in a very high fatality rate. I still had TheTJ take the banstick and use it to kill Av though, just as a bonus for his heroics.

Role: Evil Bus Driver
Forumer: DarkFalco
Player: hudsonboy111

You’re DarkFalco, a seemingly harmless former who is known to exhibit the slightest touch of sadism every now and then. You hold a low profile job in the mafia, but one that allows you to make a steady income while still enjoying the thrill of murder: You drive-a da busses. As a bus driver, you may PM me once each night with the names of two people who you wish to switch. Any actions targeting one will hit the other instead, and vice versa. Have fun screwing with peoples' heads.

Your scummy allies:
Weldar
Avalanche91
SnakeInABox

The link to the mafia's private forum will be provided at game's start.

hudsonboy's role was an interesting one and seemed to be effective every other night. Being a bus driver would also serve as a fairly benevolent claim if he ever chose to do so, same with being DarkFalco. EDIT: Yes, this was based off your sadism in game 4 DarkFalco Razz. I'm kinda surprised he didn't go this route on the final playable day, Day 7. The first night he switched DRTJR and Fed, and Surge used Diversion to rub all actions off of him and onto DRTJR, so Fed owuld have been effected. Night 2 he made a large difference when he switched DRTJR and Raya, forcing Raya to be mindcontrolled in DRT's place, which contributed a lot to Raya's campaign against Ansem and Ansem's defeat that resulted. Night 3 he switched Fedaykin and yuke5 (who wasn't subbed out until Day 4 began), which had no effect since neither were targeted. Night 4 he switched DRTJR and Relm, which made his comrade Snake frame DRT instead of Relm and contributed to the triple ricochet of the zombie infection (which was attracted by Spont, randomized onto Relm, and then switched to DRTJR). Night 5 he switched Fed and DRTJR to no effect. Night 6 he again had a large impact as on Weldar's advice he switched himself and DRTJR in the hopes that the "serial killer" would kill himself if DRTJR was a bomb and hudson was targeted. In reality this was part of a scheme of Weldar's to get JGH to blow himself up, as he had JGH target hudson that night. Problem was the bomb only went off if DRT was lynched. hudsonboy, although using his newbie status to his slight advantage, played very well for a first time player, and most dismissed his few slipups as naive rather than malicious, a great alibi. He started shaky and had quite a few less-than-good ideas, but as the game went on he adapted very quickly, and proved to be a proficient player. Hudson's lynch Day 7 was awesome and solemn, and meant to serve as a prelude to the disaster that would come in the Finale. The speech I wrote for him actually spoke a lot of truth. There were indeed no heroes left: Day 7 consisted of two mafia white players, the Chessmaster, the Manipulative_Bastard, one mafia black player, and a zombie.

Role: Mafia Framer
Forumer: Weldar
Player: SnakeInABox

You are Weldar, a cunningly intelligent schemer who has proven to be one of the most devious forumers around. Capable of creating creative alibis on a whim, you are always prepared to throw blame off of yourself and onto someone else. Each night you can target one person. For the next day-night spread they will appear guilty if scanned.

Your scum-comrades:
Weldar
Avalanche91
hudsonboy111

The link to the private forum will not be given until the game itself starts to prevent giving the mafia an unfair advantage.

This was a great role for SnakeInABox, who thrives off being able to distract his opponents and throw suspicion onto others. The framing never succeeded EXCEPT on Day 1, when it hit SuicideAngel as TheTJ scanned him. This had a number of effects. First was a large conviction amidst the townies that Suicide was guilty, and second was actually TheTJ voting for suicide consistently prior to Suicide's death, which gave Suicide a minor boost in the way of his powers. Technically due to Fedaykin's mind control he framed Avalanche on Night 3, the same night TheTJ scanned him, but Av was guilty anyways so this didn't make a difference.

Snake himself played quite deviously, and did some things I'd been waiting for him to do since I figured out his general playstyle game 4 and 5, such as not leaving all his trademark hints about his role. He was also very largely responsible for the town's downfall by making Avalanchia look suspicious through manipulating the message sent to him through me from Viero (which said "Viero sends you a friendly greeting. He is on the side of the town." Snake left off the townie part.), and making Avalanchians look like the carriers of the virus by claiming to have been cured (he lied about that message he got from me, guys. THERE WAS NO MESSAGE!). This helped to cement Raya's downfall, which in turn let Weldar off the hook when Raya proved to be a zombie. Weldar had Snake killed because he was a major threat; out of all the mafians he and Avalanche were most likely to become suspicious of Weldar as time went on and Av was likely to get lynched later anyways. Also Snake was a devious bastard and claimed to have a master plan nobody knew about. Which even if he didn't is suspect in itself; Avalanche speculated that Snake wanted to overthrow the rest of the mafians. Snake and I had a good laugh at the town's simple refusal to see that Snake killed Viero just for shiggles, and we were both surprised he lasted so long. (I think I did quite well when I made the Perplexion power for the SIAB role...). Snake was killed by the Mindtaker Night 4, driven insane by a manifestation of his inner demons.

Mafia Black's private forum: http://mafia6.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by Quaetman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Quaetman wrote:
Role: Mafia Mindtaker
Forumer: Mentok
Player: Fedaykin

No one can withstand the sheer power of the MINDTAKER! Each night, you may take someone's mind for use in the next dayphase. To do so, PM me their name and tell me who you want them to vote for. I will tell them that they are to vote for the said individual, and they will be prohibited from mentioning your influence upon their mind. In addition, if they have a role that can target someone, you will be informed as such and can choose who they target.

Feday, you WERE fucking with my medicine this time! Again!

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Looking back on the Avalanchia forum, I laugh at how set I was on recruiting Smash night one, especially since Smash was playing me.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:21 pm

hehehe....no one expects DarkFalco to be mafia? XD you guys obviously forgot about my killer role and how much fun i had with that Twisted Evil good times, good times.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
Quaetman wrote:
Role: Mafia Mindtaker
Forumer: Mentok
Player: Fedaykin

No one can withstand the sheer power of the MINDTAKER! Each night, you may take someone's mind for use in the next dayphase. To do so, PM me their name and tell me who you want them to vote for. I will tell them that they are to vote for the said individual, and they will be prohibited from mentioning your influence upon their mind. In addition, if they have a role that can target someone, you will be informed as such and can choose who they target.

Feday, you WERE fucking with my medicine this time! Again!

And it was delicious,I'm laughing my ass off right now Very Happy I should have killed Smash.Damn it.I was reminded of game 4,where Q usurped Weldar and I thought he could do it again.Actually,I suspected him after day 3 or such but thought that I was being too paranoid ^^ So,what dow e learn? Paranoia is GOOD

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Role: Hacker
Alignment: Town
Forumer: Viero
Player: td260

Being an up and coming game designer has granted you impressive computer know how. Each night you are able to either scan the interwebz for damning evidence (note: this has no target, you simply PM me asking to scan the internet) or upload a virus onto the computer of the player of your choice (if you choose this PM me your target). That player will be completely role and vote blocked, and if part of a private forum will be banned from that forum for the day.

td260 came up with this role idea himself, and I changed it a little bit, but I felt both that he deserved it and that giving him his own suggestion was good for security Razz. His one target was to scan the interwebz, and got DarkFalco's role PM, but never had the chance to release that info. DarkFalco was never very forward about her results, but if td had had the chance to post his scan results she might have been more confident in releasing her IP trace results. His sudden lynch surprised me as much as anyone, and I'm surprised the town didn't jump on all those sudden bandwagoners against him.

You are awesome Q! lol Loved my role. Thank you. Smile

Also how did no one connect my death to Snake?

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Avalanche's only kill was on SurgePox, and Surge may have saved himself if he'd used the Diversion power to redirect it (since it wasn't blocking the kill, only diverting it).
Good move, av.

I must say, both of these mafia's played very very well, congrats to all of you guys for making it as far as you did and spreading a lot of chaos along the way Twisted Evil . Special shoutout to Fedaykin, my mafia homie from last game, from doing such a great job with your mafia powers this game.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Daaaawwwwww :3 Thank you Surge,means really much to me Smile I really should have killed smash,I guess Weld pissed his pants multiple times Wink

And for all of you to know:mindtaking is fucking awesome! Very Happy

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:42 pm

From Mafia Black's forum, in "The Whatever Thread"
Hudsonboy111 wrote:Sorry Avalanche, i posted something late last night about Suicide going to kill me and weldar if he got enough votes and I directly linked weld and me (I was thinking since we both voted for him, not mafians). I deleted the post before anyone else could read it.
I understand it wasn't on the front page or in the rules, but editing and deleting posts in mafia is, if I understand correctly, very much against the rules. Otherwise, mafians could go back and delete posts wherein they make slips or make actions that reveal them to be mafian's later. The idea is that, in a real game of mafia, you can't take back things that you say for all to hear.

It wasn't written in the rules for this game, but really, don't do this.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:49 pm

you know what Fuck you Hudson
you swapped me for some one else for almost every night. I hate the bus

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

While I understand what you're saying Surge that post was deleted with Quaetam's blessing, it might have been under his orders. It wasn't just an ordinary little scumslip it was accidentally posting a post meant for the sideforum in this thread and made it totally obvious Snake, hudson and I were mafia. It would have fucked things up a little too much and besides, a slip like that couldn't actually happen in a real mafia game.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Weldar wrote:a slip like that couldn't actually happen in a real mafia game.
Believe it or not, I have witnessed mafia games in which oblivious players have called out their fellow mafians in daytime discussion for lack of understanding their actions. Let me tell you what happened:
Mafian 1 and Mafian 2 had survived to the dayphase, with three townies left. Mafian 1 voted for a townie, and mafian 2 voted for a different townie, which split the vote with the last townie still deciding. Mafian 2 turns to Mafian 1 and asks him why he isn't voting with him for the same townie. All three townies catch on, town wins.

Shit like this does happen. However, if Q said it was okay, then it's okay.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Viero wrote:

Also how did no one connect my death to Snake?

and when I finally did point that out to save my own hide, no one believed me Sad

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Weldar wrote:a slip like that couldn't actually happen in a real mafia game.

Believe it or not, I have witnessed mafia games in which oblivious players have called out their fellow mafians in daytime discussion for lack of understanding their actions. Let me tell you what happened:
Mafian 1 and Mafian 2 had survived to the dayphase, with three townies left. Mafian 1 voted for a townie, and mafian 2 voted for a different townie, which split the vote with the last townie still deciding. Mafian 2 turns to Mafian 1 and asks him why he isn't voting with him for the same townie. All three townies catch on, town wins.

Shit like this does happen. However, if Q said it was okay, then it's okay.

My reasoning was this: While in a normal mafia game the law is the law, and posts cannot be rescinded, this happened in one of the first couple days and would almost completely wipe out one of the game's most active and vital factions (Mafia Black). Additionally, it was hudson's first game, and he deleted the post about five minutes after posting it, so I decided that just this once it was alright to overlook this transgression.

EDIT: The first set of third party roles will come up in an hour or so.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Third Party Roles Pt. 1:

Role: Renegade
Alignment: None
Forumer: JGH27
Player: Ansem

The only one brave enough to stand up against the ever-expanding band of zealots known as Avalanchia, you have taken upon yourself the duty of purging them from our midst. Each nightphase you can investigate one person. If they are a citizen of Avalanchia, they will be killed. You win if you live to the end and every Avalanchian is dead, regardless of the side that is victorious.

This SK/Cop/Lyncher was quite a nasty hard to win role, and was based off the Avalanche's Kingdom thread where JGH seceded and declared war on Avalanchia. The scan didn't reveal mafian vs innocent, merely Avalanchian (in which case they'd die) or not. Ansem couldn't simply let the mafia win and then not care: he had to survive, a very difficult task in a game like this. This prevented him from basically becoming another mafian. Before the game started Ansem actually damaged his chances a lot with his comments in the signup thread, and I asked smash to delete some of the posts regarding what he'd said. This made smash think Ansem was the cult leader, but it was better than everyone knowing Ansem had something to do with Avalanchia. Ansem played this role beautifully; he was quite an opportunist, taking advantage of the whole virus theory Raya proposed to try to get the town to point him at the Avalanchians, claiming he could cure them of the "Avalanchian virus". It was only when Raya refuted this claim that Ansem went down: the mafia IIRC had little intent of killing Ansem off since he was helping them incriminate Avalanchia. It would have been epic to see Ansem win, and for the record even though he didn't come out victorious the Avalanchians died without him even having to scankill any of them.

Role: Profiteer
Alignment: None
Forumer: Warchamp7
Player: yuke5 Relmitos

With the forum gone wild, you pride yourself on being the only one able to rise above. Who in their right minds would even be getting involved in this nonsense? Not you. You’re out for yourself, and yourself alone. As long as you are alive in the end, you could care less who emerges victorious. Your objective is just that: to remain alive until the end. You have one power to help you do so: Each day you can PM me the name of one person. You will gain control of that person’s vote for the day (and they will not realize this). Their vote will be against the same person you vote for, although they will not know this to be the case.

Yes, I gave this role to yuke5 because I expected him to be modkilled. Then Relm came along and exceeded all expectations as the Profiteer. He only stole a vote once, on Day 3, but this was due to his own recognition that he wouldn't make a difference by doing so. Relmitos was a major player on the town's behalf despite being third party, and nearly made it to the endgame (dying in Night 6, the second to last nightphase). Had he survived, I had intended to have a scene where he gets approached by Weldar and backed to the wall with his hands up, only to have smashbro approach him and persuade him to join them... His kill (by Weldar on behalf of Mafia Black) was symbolic, as it took place in the same chamber as Warchamp's (the very first one Weldar made) and he had the Warchamp role. He was the last one before the Night 7 kill on Fed that was pretty much part of the finale, so Weldar pretty much killed Warchamp first and last, and in the same room. The latin quote "Aeternum vale, et memento mori" was provided by SuicideAngel, and means "Goodbye forever, and remember you will die".

Role: Freelancer
Alignment: To be decided- (joined SnakeInABox and therefore Mafia Black)
Forumer: TheTJ
Player: RobinDragonRyder

On the first night of the game or any nightphase following, you may PM me the name of one person. You will be told of this person’s win condition and they will be informed that you are on their side. From this point onward, you share their win condition, and will scan as a member of their team. If their team loses, you will lose as well. Certain teams will give you certain benefits for joining them. Until you join a team, you cannot win. Your choice cannot be revoked either, so choose wisely.

Powers earned for joining different teams:
Spoiler:
Upon joining either mafia or the Chessmaster:

Roleblocker

Choose someone's name every day or night. They will be unable to preform their action for the chosen phase.

Had Robin joined Weldar, she would have instantly joined both mafias, and had the same restrictions as the Chessmaster regarding what she could say.

Upon joining the town/Avalanchia:

Jailor

You may PM me the name of one person each night. They will be protected and roleblocked, and you will learn what forumer they're playing as.

This was a fun role that would have been really interesting had it been put into play. ANOTHER protector AND scanner, but also a much needed roleblocker for the town.

Upon joining the zombies:

You have become a ZOMBIE!!!

Lich

You may PM me the name of one person each night to infect. Upon dying you may pass the zombie role on to one of your infected. Be careful: if you choose a mafian, your role will fail to pass on. Your teammate: __________

Funny enough, there could have actually been 3 zombies this game! the normal inherited zombie, the Freelancer, and if Raya had talked to a dead zombie she'd be one as well, and would pass her role onto an infected upon death, creating a third active zombie.

Upon joining the Manipulative_Bastard:

Protege

You have joined smashbro, the Manipulative_Bastard. Your objective: To help him become the sole survivor, and dominate the board. You may win along with him and his puppets. If smashbro dies you will inherit his manipulating power.

I never fully decided whether or not to make him inherit smash's powers if smash was killed. I was considering letting him do so, as it would help an otherwise incredibly challenged third party to win in a very high fatality game.

Upon joining the Profiteer

Hired Hand

You have joined yuke5 Relmitos. To win, either one of you must survive until the end. Your power: Voteblock. You can nullify one person's vote.

Similar to Relm's votesteal but a little weaker, the big bonus here is that it would double Relm's chances at winning. The survivors had a really hard job this game.

Upon joining the Renegade

Sympathiser

You have joined Ansem, the Renegade. Your mission: To annihilate the pitiful nation of Avalanchia! You may scan someone every night. If they are of Avalanchia, they will be killed. To win, either you or Ansem must survive until the end of this game as well.

This would have doubled Ansem's powers against Avalanchia, as well as given him a much-needed second chance in a very high-fatality game.

I loved this role simply because it had the most potential out of any in the game, bar none. Prior to choosing sides, Robin could be both zombified and recruited into Avalanchia, so had he then chosen the Chessmaster who was manipulated he would have been in all 5 private forums and on every major team! What took priority would be Manipulative_Bastard and zombies, and he would have been able to win with either. Robin chose SnakeInABox night 1 and gained roleblocking abilities because of it, joining Mafia Black. Night 2 she blocked TheTJ's scan (which was on Surge anyways, and he died). Night 3 she blocked SuicideAngel, preventing him from using Perplexion to protect himself, and he was nightkilled by Weldar on behalf of Mafia White. Beyond this she went AFK and while I allowed the mafia to elect to have her kill people she wasn't allowed to use her powers while not present. One thing to note: Her alignment would change when the person she joined change, although she didn't have a lover bond with them and would continue to live if they died, with the win condition they had before their death. So if SnakeInABox, whom she had joined, had been manipulated by smashbro, he'd gain Robin as a bonus puppet. Same goes for zombification and recruitment into Avalanchia.

The last three roles, (Chessmaster, Manipulative Bastard, and the starting Zombie) will be up later tonight, following which I'm going to reveal, over the next couple days, the excluded roles, some game mechanics I had in place, a summary of each faction, and finally a general summary of what went on this game to tie everything together.

Last edited by Quaetman on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Ugh...Quaetam...Hurry up and get the Minby role you told me you loved so much out. lol

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Can some tell me if their was a DRTJR role at a point in time

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Quaetman wrote:
[i] He only stole a vote once, on Day 3, but this was due to his own recognition that he wouldn't make a difference by doing so.

Funny story, that. Even funnier after reading about that mind control ability. Raya was forced to vote on Ansem? I wanted to try to save Ansem, what did I do? I took Raya's vote and used it to vote on Raya. The thought of doing that made me laugh.

EDIT: AHA!!! I knew it was talking to much that got me killed! Found this little post by Weldar in his mafia forum, it had the following line in it: "We just want to get rid of all the strong and talkative townies leaving mostly lurky sheepy ones who are easily lead astray."

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Third Party Roles Pt. 2: The Zombies!

Role: Zombie
Alignment: Zombie
Forumer: Terra
Player: Warchamp7

"Some may call her Raven. Some may call her Terra. Some may call her IFartRainbows. Or a troll. Or the Queen of Emoticons. The Great Despair. The Bringer of Spam. And these are the words that shall set her free." -Spontaneous Combustion

You are Terra, the most persistent troll in forum history. Every time the man tries to put you down, you just keep coming back! As a persistent little zombie, you may PM me the name of one person each nightphase. If you are killed, you may choose one person out of the list of infected to inherit your role. They will be given your victory condition as a zombie but will keep their initial positions. Be warned that there are a very small number of roles (including the mafia) that cannot inherit your role. To try to give them the role will result in failure, although you won't necessarily lose right then and there. The zombie role is passed on if you’re killed and someone was infected beforehand. Be careful: If you are killed when there are no infected, you will lose, simple as that.

Win Conditions:

1) If the last man standing is a zombie, the zombie hoard is the only winning team. If a zombie survives till the end they'll win alongside the winning team.

2) If every player is infected or a zombie when the game ends the zombies will win along with the winning team, regardless of the team that wins and whether or not a zombie is alive.

3) If even one of the winners is infected, the zombies will have a second-place victory, regardless of the team that wins.

So you can either be a survivor or the last man standing or have the entire populace infected for victory, or come in second if just one of the winners is infected.

Infection:

The undead (living) zombie can choose to infect someone every night. When killed, he can pass his role as the zombie on to one of his infected.

Role Passage:

There are a small number of roles you can't pass the infection onto. This includes mafians. Be careful.

If you fail to pass the role on you will die, simple as that. However, although there will no longer be an active zombie all current infected will remain so you can satisfy one of your other win conditions.

Oh, and as Terra, your posts must contain smileys proportional to the number of words in the post. I’m thinking a minimum of 1 smiley if they contain less than 10 words, 2 smileys if they contain 10-20 words, 3 for 20-30, and 4 for 30-40 words. Quick tip: You might wanna keep em short on the first day Razz.

Zombie Private Forum: http://zombax192.proboards.com/index.cgi

Yes, Warchamp, I modified this slightly to include all the stuff we'd cleared up in discussions after you got the role itself Razz. This was the virus everyone was so afraid of. Nothing but a survivor team. Me and Warchamp got a very large amount of laughs out of this. No one really considered the idea that Viero wasn't the source of the virus, did you? But boy do these Zombies have a story to tell. The final Monster Mash in the graveyard was well earned. On the first day Warchamp took my advice to the extreme, and didn't post until the end to avoid the posting restrictions. That night he infected Weldar and Weldar killed him, hence the scene where Warchamp approaches Weldar but Weldar is already waiting for him. Weldar being "mafian," Warchamp failed to pass the role on and seemed to lose right then and there.

The Zombies had lost the game Night 1. What happened next was nothing short of the comeback of the century. Raya, through her Speaker To The Dead power, targeted Warchamp7 Day 2. Warchamp was told her identity because she became the new zombie, and knowing she'd make use of it, told her with a tease, "Weldar is mafia, he's the one who killed me" more or less. When Raya talked to Warchamp, she also picked up the zombie virus, and her Cleansing power changed to an infection without her knowing it. She maintained her townie alignment until death, at which point she switched to zombie and passed the role onto TheTJ, the only one she had infected. This was when I made the zombie forum seen above. Raya's death as zombie also served a second purpose: Her accusations against Weldar looked false (since everyone knows zombies are evil, right?) allowing the Chessmaster to slip under the radar once again. So by incriminating Weldar, Warchamp ultimately saved him. It's incredible how the two winning parties (the Zombies and the Manipulative_Bastard/Chessmaster) helped each other dominate the game by opposing each other so strongly!

So Night 4 the zombies were suddenly, incredibly, back in the game. TheTJ had the misfortune of being mind-controlled, but thanks to Spont's attract scanned Spont (successfully), and had his infection hit Spont's random and then hudson's bus driving infecting DRTJR in a triple ricochet. TheTJ lived as a zombiecop for one day, bringing a mafian down before he was killed by the random number generator that loved him so much. Speaking of which, Spont's Night 3 attraction of queen_camilla's doctor protect and its subsequent randomization onto TheTJ (who had also been infected off a randomization from Spontaneous), also saved the zombies' life, for had Raya died when TheTJ was dead she'd have only had Weldar to pass the role onto and would have lost again. But anyways the RNG deflected hudsonboy111's kill onto TheTJ, zombie, who had been mindcontrolled for the second night in a row, and infected hudson himself. Funny how the zombies liked to infect their killers (Warchamp with Weldar, TheTJ with Hudson). The zombies were faced with a 2/3 chance of failing to pass the role on but by good logic and process of elimination were able to choose the right one.

DRTJR was now a zombie. Day 6 he survived without a hitch, but that night the mind control struck AGAIN, albiet indirectly. Spontaneous was controlled into attracting DRTJR. Fortunately, however, the infection wasn't randomized. I say fortunately because Spont was the only innocent who lived to reach Day 7. The only other person who could have been infected was Smashbro, the Manipulative_Bastard himself, and with an RNG that was a 1/6 shot. Not good. But anyways DRTJR was killed by JGH, who Weldar had hoped would be exploded by DRT's bomb. DRTJR was again faced with a 1/3 chance of success, with Weldar, hudson, and Spont as the infected, but without even consulting the other zombies chose Spont and was successful. While sporadic as his use of the vigilante shot, this completely redeemed it.

Spontaneous Combustion therefore became a zombie Day 7, after having been mind-controlled into attracting the infection, and was made to vote hudson, which fortunately didn't send him to the gallows, as hudson was the only one to not vote for himself that day. On the final night, Night 7, the mindcontroller got Spontaneous, again, and forced him to infect JGH and attract himself, which randomized onto smashbro, who didn't have an ability to attract. There was a good chance (2 out of 5) that he'd have been made to attract a killer through the random. Had he attracted a killer, there was first a 25% chance that the kill would hit him and make the zombies lose and then a 1/3 chance that he would hit smashbro (since the random can't hit the killer itself or spontaneous!). This would have resulted in Mafia White's victory rather than smash and Weldar. So like I said, the final day was incredibly close. JGH was infected due to the mindcontroller, and made it to the endgame, not like it mattered since Spont survived himself (Fedaykin ordered a kill on Spont, but it was after Weldar ordered a kill on Fedaykin, so his kill was canceled. As I've said you may have noticed the lack of "Spontaneous Combustion was killed. He was Fobby. Alignment: Zombie" in the finale Razz.)

One more thing: There was the potential for there to be 3 zombies at once! Had Raya looked at a dead zombie while a zombie was alive, she'd have become one herself, and could pass the role on, making 2. Had Robin joined a zombie, she would become one as well.

And the smiley restriction was nasty, but if you go to the memberlist and look at Terra's posts you'll find I was being GENEROUS.

All in all, this was a faction that didn't actually pose a threat to anyone, but through their actions managed to lift Weldar and smashbro to victory, and literally came out of the depths of defeat to win it big. Amazing comeback, and a lot of fun to watch.

This is super long, as I have a lot to say about each winning team, so the other victors will be in another post, again prolly later tonight.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Third Party Roles Pt. 3: The Chessmaster!

Role: The Chessmaster
Alignment: None (Manipulated by smashbro Day 1)
Forumer: Raya
Player: Weldar

Foxes never lose their tricks, do they? You are the one behind the curtain; one who always has an ace up her sleeve. You are Raya, one of the most devious mafia players around. It’s all just a game for you, and the fools are your pawns. Deception and manipulation are your fortes. It is time that they get put to the test.

It has recently come to your attention that there are not only one, but two mafia groups operating independent of each other. You have managed to position yourself as the head of not only one, but both mafias. That’s right: You are the godfather for both mafias. Your objective this game is to be the sole survivor: Even the individuals in the mafias must die for you to win. If you win, the mafias will both lose; they won't win with you.

You scan as innocent, and the mafioso below you are unaware of your dual role. Not a single player besides you has a clue that there are two mafias this game. You also have nightkill immunity against normal kills, but this will be lost should one mafia from each mafia die or one mafia be completely obliderated. Should either gain knowledge of your dual position, do not expect to live for long. You are also only allowed to make one mafia's kill per night, and the kill must still be agreed upon by the other mafians. You cannot make the kills for both mafias at once. In the occasion that every other mafian has died, you can still only make one kill.

Also, as a rule, the Chessmaster is not allowed to inform the mafias of each other’s existence at any time, no matter how much the evidence indicates. You also cannot inform the town that there are two mafias, even as a theory. In other words, you cannot reveal, even privately, that there are two mafias this game. They are to figure it out on their own. This is in place for both obvious game balance reasons and because I simply can’t wait to see everyone’s surprise when they out that there are two mafias.

There you have it, the Chessmaster. Arguably my favorite role this game (the other being the Manipulative_Bastard) for the sheer level of difficulty this role had despite the power it wielded. The concept of his role needs no further explaining. He was essentially a serial killer that worked through others to meet his goals. As I'm sure you're all going to want to know how this was balanced, let me explain.

First, the mafias were small, so the Chessmaster's only real difference from a normal godfather was that they were on different teams and he could influence 2 kills instead of 1. However simply because they were on different teams he had to be exceedingly careful to not become suspicious, and frankly both hudsonboy111 and Fedaykin (fed actually around day 3) suspected him but for some reason didn't act. So Weldar was really not that hard on the town at all. If anything, he prolonged their life.

The problem with his task is that if any side began to completely steamroll he'd have trouble winning. If the mafia had eliminated everyone but themselves, who would be least believable? The three with powers or the simple godfather? From the beginning some of the mafians were surprised Weldar was just a godfather anyways. If the town steamrolled, Weldar was likely to either be killed as a normal mafian or be killed by the mafians themselves, as when all these "townies" who had suspiciously supported Weldar became revealed as mafians, and Weldar continued to deny the existance of a second mafia, something would seem quite amiss. The best he could do is say "If there is another mafia, who might be on it?" but he had to always say he didn't believe it, or at least remain skeptical, and couldn't offer his own ideas. So really, what his victory relied upon was the opportunity to control when the mafians died. Thanks to the virus distraction, he was able to do so. Furthermore, there were other ways he could be taken down, such as an unblockakill from Surge or Avalanche, and all the scans would succeed on him except for TheTJ's normal cop scan, revealing him as Alignment: None instead of Town, or associating him with his kills, or whatever. Even if he managed to escape this, a single incriminating scan would have lost him the mafians' trust. The mafias, therefore, were the worst off from his role, but he had incredible incentive to leave them alive. First is the aforementioned problem of the townies steamrolling. Second is that he would lose his kill immunity quite easily if the mafians started to drop, and with this kind of game Weldar certainly wouldn't want that. Furthermore, all his hits were made in the same style, with the "lone silhouette" or "dark figure" and the badass kills, regardless of the mafia he made them for. Further furthermore, if the mafia had reached a disagreement with Weldar on one side, the side against Weldar would always win the argument. When one mafia died, Weldar became essentially a SK but would keep his tie to the other one, and could make either his own kill or the mafia's, but not both, offering him another opportunity to be discovered. Additionally, there was nothing to stop the mafia from sacrificing him if he ever got suspicious to keep themselves alive, a stock mafia tactic. He got lucky because when this issue finally came up he had smash on his side and the mafia was so close to victory. He used this argument, followed with the classic that lose him was to lose smash as well, and the mafia would have a good chance at losing, to his benefit. As such, like a true Chessmaster, he had to maintain an incredibly delicate balance, one where a little slipup would result in his death, as it was far too easy for the mafias to become suspicious of him as well as the townies had they started to drop too quickly, with Weldar forced to deny the presence of the other mafia. The very fact that Weldar needed to keep them alive was a problem too, as they conveniently avoided being nightkilled by the "Serial Killer". Fedaykin picked up on this Day 3, but decided against speaking out for some reason. So again what he had to do to win was keep the mafians alive for as long as possible but not long enough that everyone else died or they gained complete majority and decided to claim or take charge in some way, and he had to control their rate of death to prevent the mafias from gaining awareness that both had been supporting him the whole time, as well as avoid being targeted by most scanners and regular lynches. Quite a burden if I do say so myself. The only real bonus to Weldar's role was being in partial control of two kills, but even then the mafians had to agree with him or their arguments would take precedence, and he could never make 2 kills in one night. There's a lot more to his balance but I want to get onto the game now, so if anyone has questions just PM me.

And when I say that there were many ways to take him down I speak truth. Weldar was very lucky this game. Read over all the other role PMs if you don't believe me Razz. He came incredibly close to losing several times. He was manipulated by smash Day 1 which changed a lot of things, giving him both a critical weakness and a second chance at victory should he die, as well as an excuse for the mafia to not sacrifice him. He further upped the risk by revealing smash to both the mafias, preventing them from nightkilling them but also making smashbro's chances at winning nil to none if Weldar died. As a balance thing, he was forbidden from revealing the identity of the mafians to smash, or even that there were 2 mafias. This made the game he had to play even more delicate, and made Fedaykin suspect him of being a traitor after the Mafia Black players began to fall. I almost suspect that Snake had a plan to take Weldar down as well... He was incriminated by Warchamp the very first night when Warchamp failed to pass the zombie role onto him, and by the dead Minby shortly thereafter (although this wasn't actually Minby's intent). At this point the only thing that saved him was Raya herself, by appearing as a zombie when she died. This was further cemented as TheTJ became a zombie himself. Smashbro was almost killed by the RNG when TheTJ died, as well as nearly being targeted by Fedaykin prior to the endgame. Had Fed submitted the kill on smash when he was thinking about it, he would have beaten Weldar to the kill and won the game.

For this the mere fact that he won should indicate just how beautifully Weldar played this dangerous but difficult role. He used caution dealing with the mafians on all sides, and was active in his public posting. While a large part of his and smash's survival was luck, he was damn devious. Weldar put it to me nicely in a steam convo: The game was like a chess analogy, with Weldar being the queen and smashbro being the king, who was more vulnerable and less powerful but infinitely more essential to their success. When I put up the Manipulative_Bastard role tomorrow you'll see what I mean by smash being a weak point but also a blessing, ultimately increasing the level of caution Weldar had to use by upping the Risk/Reward ratio. Weldar frequently schemed around the mafians' night actions, but most prominent was his plan near the endgame to use hudsonboy to swap himself for DRTJR and have JGH kill hudson and therefore hit DRT and blow up from the bomb. This failed. He killed constantly, first Warchamp, then Minby, then Suicide, then nobody (for the first and only time Night 4), then Darkfalco, then Relmitos, and finally Fedaykin, and he had the honor to be the one to endgame JGH27. His kill on Minby (the chess death) had an incredible amount of symbolism in it: The chessmaster, playing as black (or evil), checkmated Minby_Aran, the KING of Avalanchia, who was playing as white, symbolizing their benevolent intent. Additionally, the piece he used to checkmate Minby was the black queen, which was his title on Mafia White's sideboard, and the kill took place in a bar. Both mafias met in The Mana Bar. The fact that Minby_Aran is a chess player himself adds to the awesomeness of that death.

In the finale, everything came down to the luck of the draw with the attraction power the Mindtaker had forced Spont to use on himself and therefore randomize. There was a 2/4 chance of getting a kill (since Smash can't hit himself) followed by a 75% chance at randomizing and a 1/3 chance of hitting Smashbro and ending the game in Mafia White's favor. Weldar worked incredibly hard for this win, and often feared he would be taken down, as he often nearly was. Best part of it is he was often one of the game's most prominent players, and managed to win mostly without having to lurk. He and smash earned this victory quite profusely.

I have to go to bed now, so the last role, the Manipulative_Bastard, will be up tomorrow.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Quaetam you cad. You make me wait yet another day for my role. Mark my words, had you not been such an epic partner, I'd hate you right now.

Also, lol, I just realized, Minby_Aran is the Manipulative_Bastard. Clever use of my Underscore.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Sorry Minby :*(. As I said in The Whatever Thread my parents are kinda pissed, and I'd rather wait a day than get grounded and probably not get to play in the next game altogether. Gives people a chance to react to the Chessmaster anyways.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:55 pm

This confounds me, that role is amazing.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top