TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 6: Deceptions-FINALE-Revelations

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:24 pm

so Weldar pretty much killed Warchamp first and last, and in the same room.

Son of a bitch :V

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Heh, come to think of it, I was the only one alive at the end that wasn't infected.... My undead minions! :B

I like how the Zombie forum is called Raccoon City.
Edit: Some of the random chatter in there is funny too.
Edit2: Finally got around to mafia Black's forum... Nice avatar, Avalanche. Razz

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 am

so this game both Raya and the Raya Roll where a pain in the ass to deal with

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 am

AvalancheInABox wrote:so this game both Raya and the Raya Roll where a pain in the ass to deal with
do a raya roll! (press L or R twice!)

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am

Everybody tried to kill me first Sad Thank God for my Doctor ability! I only used it that night because there was little else to do; nobody had died so I couldn't speak to them and I'd already tried to cleanse someone. Surviving a double kill was very lucky. Although the writeup would have been hilarious...I somehow survive DRTJR's bullet and lie bleeding out, then Camilla comes along and tries to save me...whoops!

Speaking of whoops, I might have screwed over the town a little by accident Embarassed Still, a lot of the townies became zombies, and we got a joint victory so it all (sorta) worked out in the end!

Minby_Aran wrote:Good game guys. Raya wasn't totally honest about what I sent her

That's because I only posted the bits that supported what I was saying. I left off the bits that may have made me sound suspicious Razz

smashbro wrote: And Weldar was Raya the godfather. (Gee that sounds familiar...)[/color]

I think it's brilliant that it was you of all people who ended up manipulating 'me'. I think we're getting a history here Laughing

I was a little bit miffed though Q about how my power changed without me knowing. I thought that was sorta unfair, especially since I was the only zombie to not know I was a zombie. It certainly would have changed how I played when I was alive *shrugs*

But hot damn, I absolutely loved my role writeup Very Happy I noticed you snuck a little quote from Avalanche in there too, heh. I'm incredibly flattered! I almost wish I'd got that role myself, but Weldar was a perfect person to have rolled it. Congrats Weldar, you certainly deserved the victory cheers

AvalancheInABox wrote:so this game both Raya and the Raya Roll where a pain in the ass to deal with

I do my best Razz

TDinaBoxtai wrote:
do a raya roll! (press L or R twice!)

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at this Laughing

Also, one final thing- I liked how in the first post Q posted a link to the day rollover. It was hugely convienient and very helpful. Future GMs, take note!

*settles down to read all the subforums*

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Man, I thought we were underdogs before but this is crazy!

Can't wait to see what Smash's role description was though.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Third Party Roles Pt. 3: The Manipulative_Bastard!

Role: Manipulative_Bastard
Alignment: Manipulative Bastard (None)
Forumer: Minby_Aran
Player: smashbro

You are Minby_Aran, first Mafia host and skilled player. Getting into people’s heads and using them to meet your own ends is one of your most admirable talents. Your objective is to be the sole survivor. There’s a catch: You are able to manipulate one other player into doing your bidding.

Here’s the deal: On the first day you must choose one player to fall under your control. PM me your choice. I will in turn send a PM to that player explaining the situation: they will be stripped of their original win condition but keep their role. They can then only win with you, and will die (and lose the game) if you are killed. You are only allowed to manipulate one person at a time and have unlimited PMs with that person. If the manipulated person dies, they still share your win condition. When one controlled player dies by any means you can take control of another person. Good luck.

This was a very high-potential and very fun role, my fave along with the Chessmaster. He could manipulate absolutely anyone (and chose the Chessmaster, of all people!). The one stipluation he had was that if he manipulated a mafian the mafian wasn't allowed to tell him who the other mafians were, and he wasn't allowed to ask. The same goes for Zombies, the Zombie couldn't tell him who the infected were (and would probably want to infect smashbro, as the Zombies actually tried to do and would have had they not been continually mindtaken). There were 2 roles that had special meanings if they were manipulated:

First was Quaetam (Played by Surge), who instead of being manipulated would join the Manipulative_Bastard, making him scan as innocent in the process. After Game 4, how could I not do this? The Manipulative_Bastard could then go on and choose another player to be his puppet. I'd considered having this give smashbro nightkill powers but that was quickly deemed OP since smashbro could have completely abused the name-saying thing. So if smash had chosen Surge, there would be a scene about Quaetam approached by Minby and deciding to work together for a chance at redemption ^_^ Surge would then simply have joined smash, not been manipulated (smash prompted to choose another player to be his puppet), and had smash died would be able to carry on his goal of domination (although he wouldn't inherit the manipulation power, and Smash's current puppet would still die with him. Quaetam would merely stay there to carry on the good work Cool). I had considered making this work both ways (so if Quaetam contacted Minby, which actually happened the night of Surge's death, he would join him), but decided against it.

Second was td260. td260 would be manipulated as normal but would gain a powerful bonus: He would become a semi-unreliable rolecop. He'd get alignment and role title, but I'd flip 3 coins and if all were heads he'd get something incorrect. This also was based on Game 4, when Minby got EVERYONE's roles out of td260 but in the end some of the incorrect info td gave us helped shaped some poor strategies that eventually brought us down. This general awesomeness at BSing and ability to, well, manipulate others is a large part of what convinced me to make this roll Minby without a doubt. Having this role on his side would help smash a great deal, of course, not just for discovering people's roles but because by doing so he'd have a good idea who to manipulate next.

Weldar also had another suggestion I wish I'd thought of: When he and I were talking about this postgame, he said I should have made the Quaetam role become a usurper against the Weldar role Weldar if it was manipulated, and had the Weldar role join smash the en lieu of Quaetam instead of being manipulated. Would have been hilarious.

Now, as for how smash played? He was both dastardly and lucky, more lucky than the Chessmaster, because Weldar had been considering smash for a random nightkill before he was manipulated. I laugh that smashbro, one way in another, managed to connect with Raya, the godfather, AGAIN, with only a 1/21 chance of doing so. Weldar's grudge vote, the very first vote of the game, was the most game changing vote of all, only approached by Fed's vote against td260 that denied SuicideAngel the Showstopper one day later. This was the "Unholy Alliance" that formed, two of the game's most powerful roles getting together. While I realized the chances for this were slim, I recognized the possibility so I ensured that having smashbro on his side would both help and hinder Weldar. Weldar took a huge gamble by revealing smash to both the mafias, which stopped them from wanting him nightkilled but brought up the possibility in many of their heads that smash had changed Weld's alignment.

For Weldar, this was both good and bad, as I explained in the Chessmaster's role PM, giving him both a second chance if he died and a excuse to not be sacrificed while also giving him suspicion and a weak point. The bargain was further exaggerated by him revealing smash to the mafians, which pretty much ensured that if Weldar died smash would get the unblocka-nightkill unless he managed to manipulate ta redirector.

For Smash, this was an excellent choice, as Weldar stood the best chance of keeping both mafias off smashbro, something he started to realize towards the end. This also allowed smashbro to relax a tiny bit in

Smashbro's action was both behind the scenes and on the forefront, and there were a couple dayphases where he lay low, like a good puppetmaster using his puppet to further his own goals. Smash and Weld made an awesome team and did a lot of scheming. Several times smashbro was afraid Weldar, as the Raya role, would have to backstab him, but in the end the Unholy Alliance won, as smash used his Weldar to execute JGH atop that lone tower in the storm. (I actually included a near-backstab at the end just for kicks, though it was far too short to be actually believed Very Happy)

It's amazing how perfectly this fit the chess analogy tbh. Smashbro was the King to Weldar's Queen. Much more vulnerable, but equally more important, whereas Weldar's role, while also vulnerable, weilded a good amount of power. Their gameplay relied on a lot of risks, and smashbro used his excellent guessing skills to pinpoint a good deal of the mafians, looking for someone to take Weld's place if he died. The finale was made even more perfect because it was realistic. Smash had a good idea of Fed and JGHs' alignments, but he didn't know there were two mafians, hence the slipup with "You've lost a lot of comrades lately, but we'll survive." that finally led JGH to realize he wasn't as friendly as Weldar had made him out to be, and leading into the climax with the revelation quotes.

Smash came very close to being killed by the RNG when TheTJ died, and in the finale had a decent shot at being killed had the randomized attraction ability gone badly and hit (and randomized) a kill, so the game was quite a photo finish. Even though smash only ever had to use one player, it really was awesome seeing the two of them scheme in the shadows the entire game.

The Manipulative_Bastard's Private Forum: http://quaetammb.proboards.com/index.cgi The color scheme was quite appropriate Razz.

To those of you (Particularly DRT) who weren't in this game, I actually had a lot of scrapped plans. DRTJR, Fed, possibly Suicide, Surgepox, Blue_Madness, Eiron, and a few more would have been in this game. Those will be up later tonight.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Jeez, Quaetam, I think the real "Manipulative_Bastard" was you this game. lol. If a mod wants to unlock the signup thread again so I can update the OP with the results of this game, that'd be greaaaaaaaaat. */lumburgh*

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 pm

I woulda had a role?! Awesome Very Happy

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Too long didn't read WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED MOTHER FUCKING SHIT FUCK ASS pancake

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Snake, I'd strongly suggest at least reading the finale itself. Just ask anyone else, it's epicness is in proportion to its length, and I put a lot of work into it. Other than that if you read the role PMs you'll figure it out.

Excluded Roles:

First, in my original game, Avalanchia was the cult, not the masons. Zach also Rises and Matt Mercer were the heads of the masons. the td260 role was a normal townie, not an Avalanchian but still had the friendly neighbor power, Blue Madness was the Prophet instead of Zach (who was the IP Tracer the way Matt Mercer was this game, and Matt Mercer was the mason recruiter), and Fedaykin was the Mafia Framer instead of Weldar, who was... ...something awesome, see below... Surgepox's role was particularly awesome as well.

Role: King of Avalanchia
Alignment: Avalanchia (Cult)
Forumer: Avalanche91

You are President King Emporer God Roy Avalanche the First, skilled mafia player and soon to be king of the world. As King of the soon to be widely recognized nation of Avalanchia, you wield power scarcely dreamed of by even the most extraordinary of men. It’s simply time to let the world know you exist. You may recruit one person into Avalanchia each nightphase. Certain roles cannot be recruited, however, and do not attempt to determine who is mafia solely based on this: Far more than just the mafia cannot be recruited. The Kingdom of Avalanchia wins when only Avalanchians are left alive. Your minister of war and current ally:

This functioned the same as Minby's actual role, but was a cult. I had briefly considered making all recruited roles gain a power based on their ministry, but decided against it since the town already was quite powerful.

Role: Avalanchia Minister of War
Alignment: Avalanchia (Cult)
Forumer: DRTJR

As Avalanche’s most loyal minion, it is your job as minister of war to ensure the peace of Avalanchia… …through the crushing of his foes. It will be your job to step in charge of your great nation should President King Emporer God Roy Avalanche the First somehow be slain.

DRTJR was the original backup recruiter for Avalanche. In the finalized setup Avalanche could choose an Avalanchian to pass his role onto instead of having a designated lieutenant. He was excluded when I had to get rid of some roles, and when Avalanchia became the townies and got the ambiguous alignment clause, I made td260, originally not in the masons, join Avalanchia so he could use his power for more than just telling people hello.

Role: Mafia Underminer (derived from Traitor role in game 4)
Alignment: Mafia
Forumer: SuicideAngel

You are aligned with the mafia and share their win condition, but you don’t know who they are and they don’t know you’re on their side. As with everyone else, PMs are disallowed. You are meant to work to subvert the town from the inside, and although you scan as guilty you are still recruitable by the moderator group. If night-targeted, you will be recruited by the mafia and become a full-fledged member.

This role was excluded when the town got weakened by some of my exclusions. The difference between this and the traitor was that this scanned guilty and was recruitable, and didn't know who was mafian. Suicide would have been able to join either mafia, and if targeted by the Chessmaster would join both and become the Chessmaster's teammate. This was hard on the town, and I already had Robin, so I decided ultimately to scrap the Underminer.

Role: Forum Announcer
Alignment: Town
Forumer: Eiron

As one of the forum's loyal moderators, it is your civic duty to keep the forumites formally informed for their own safety. You can PM me a message each day. This message will be posted at midday in a Global Announcement post. You are not allowed to include names, but everything else is valid.

This role was indeed based off Raya's Lakitu role from Weldar's game. Only not evil Very Happy. Axed when I didn't have enough roles, especially when the Moderator faction was left in the dust Sad

Role: Lyncher
Alignment: None
Forumer: Hans

Since SafetyFirst (played by ) has joined the forum, you’ve wanted nothing more than to get rid of him. With the rise of the mafia diverting all attention, now is your chance. You win if he is lynched and lose if he dies in another manner or lives until the end of the game.

I originally had SafetyFirst as the doctor (with the 12.5% chance of killing his target) and Hans as his lyncher. This was one of the first roles I axed when I wanted to find a way to keep in the Checkmater and the Upriser.

Role: Secret Service
Forumer: JGH27

The only one brave enough to acknowledge the danger posed by the ever-expanding band of zealots, you have taken upon yourself the duty of purging them from our midst. Each nightphase you can investigate one person. If they are the member of some sort of… …secret society, they will be killed. If not, you will be informed that they are not involved. Be aware that you are not a cop: Your scan does not reveal if an individual is involved in the mafia.

This was originally going to take the place of the Renegade as a town role that could accidentally hurt the masons. I switched to the Renegade cause there was no cult and it's just that much more badass.

Role: Lead Admin
Forumer: Matt Mercer

The moderators themselves too inept to handle the goings-on, it's up to you admins to awaken from your slumber and unite the populace below you. You and Zach (played by ______) are the starting masons this game. PM me the name of one person each nightphase to recruit into your group. Certain roles cannot be recruited, however, and do not attempt to determine who is mafia solely based on this: Far more than just the mafia cannot be recruited. The Masons win with the town.

Just as it said, Matt was the lead mason. He could pass the recruiting onto Zach upon his death, and functioned like Avalanchia this game, only without the ambiguous reveals. The IP tracer would have been Zach instead of Matt, and the Prophet was Blue Madness

Role: The Upriser
Alignment: Rebel Moderator
Forumer: SurgePox

The forums are falling around you and corruption has spread amidst the lemmings that are their populace. This corruption has turned even some of the bravest souls. It disgusts you. You find it pathetic, how weak the forumers are, that they would so easily fall to the sway of misdeeds, of trolling and evil ambition. You won't have anything of it. It's time for you to take charge. However, something is in the way of your quest to rebuild this decaying place: The two admins, Zach Also Rises and Matt Mercer. They are untrustworthy, unwilling to change, and otherwise despicable. As long as they live your efforts will be in vain. It's time to act.

The Admins are powerful, though, and difficult targets. Before taking them down, you must rally your army! Twice a cycle (once each dayphase and once each nightphase) you may PM me the name of one player. If they are a moderator, they will be persuaded into joining your cause. The current mods are Blue_Madness, smashbro, Eiron, and JGH27. The moderators, when PMed, will lose their current alignment and join you, but keep their current conditions and any private forum access.

Once all the mods are united, your objective changes: It will then be time to strike! Your ability changes from a recruit to a scankill: The player you give me will be killed if he or she is an Admin. Otherwise you will be told that they are not an admin.

When both Admins have been killed, the goal of the moderators takes one final change: To gain control of the forum in chaos. Recognizing the depths of the corruption amidst the forumers, you have decided to purge them and start anew. Your power will become that of a normal cop, but the mod faction will be able to make a collective nightkill. You win when you gain majority just like the mafia. Now go! Seize the forum!

This third party was just awesome. The moderators, banding together to eliminate the Admins and take control for themselves! The Mods would have had to kill only the Admins, not the entire Mason group, btw.) Each of the moderators started with their own alignment (Blue and Eiron town, smash as Mafia Black, JGH as third party, and Surge as the only starting Mod Rebel.) As I said in the PM when recruited their alignment would change but they'd keep their original connections, so smashbro would stay in Mafia Black's forum, for example. Smash's manipulation would still take precedence over the moderators' recruiting though: If smashbro's puppet had been recruited he'd still really be on smashbro's side. Additionally, JGH's scankill (normally against Avalanchians, would have been expanded to target the two Admins as well, although only nightly instead of once a night and once a day.

I would have loved to have this in the game, but the reality of it is having only 22 people made me eliminate the cult, making Avalanchia the masons (and getting rid of the DRTJR role), and making the Admins normal townies. In the process I also got rid of Eiron, the Forum Announcer, and when Zach became the Prophet I got rid of Blue. So in the end there were only 3 mods, so I eliminated, with great regret, the Surgepox role.

Role: The Checkmater (or the Opposing Chessmaster)
Alignment: None
Forumer: Weldar

You're a master planner, a brilliant player with a knack for disguise. Able to create cunning alibis on a whim, you are capable of fooling just about anyone. Your skills at deception and logic are paramount, and have often been put to steadfast use, solidifying you in a position of trust amongst the innocents. It is this set of special skills that is going to be put to use now.

Using your powers of logic and manipulation, you have gained the sanctuary of two separate groups, both seeking to rally the town towards their own ends. Matt Mercer (played by ______) and Zach Also Rises (played by ______) , seeking to rally the forumers towards their salvation, have accepted you, just as Avalanche (played by ______) and his minion DRTJR (played by ______) are ready to take the world by storm. That's right: You are part of both the Masons and the Cult this game. Should either gain knowledge of your dual position, don't expect to live for long. Your objective: To be the sole survivor. Even the cultists and masons themselves must die. If you win, they will not win alongside you.

You scan as innocent, and the Avalanchians and Masons have no idea of your dual role, nor of each other's existance. As a rule, you are not allowed to inform one faction of the other's existance, no matter how much the evidence indicates. It's okay if they come up with this on their own though.

One more startling fact has come to your attention: Raya (played by Weldar) has been playing everyone for fools, acting like a huge Chessmaster and steering all the players towards their demise. You have realized that you will not be able to triumph if Raya continues to live. You can only win this game if your target is lynched. If he dies in any other way, or lives till the end, you will lose. Good luck.

This was going to be the original Weldar role (With Fedaykin as the Framer), in both Avalanchia and the Masons just like how the Chessmaster itself was in both mafias. Indeed, The Checkmater was a parallel to the Chessmaster, but was harder to balance based on the growing size of the cults and masons, and would have had an extremely difficult task due to his lack of nightkills. I considered having the Chessmaster require the Checkmater to be lynched as well, to avoid simply having him nightkilled, or having the Checkmater get nightkill immunity until both initial recruiters died or one side died altogether. This would have been an extremely fun role, but was excluded when I made Avalanchia masons and turned Zach and Matt into normal townies (if with powerful abilities).

Other roles: A zombie hunter (I never wrote this one up) and Gorblax as a reviver who could revive someone every third day, and would have joined the moderator group if scanned by Surge (I actually wrote this up but can't find it :/)

That's the excluded ones I'd written up. There were some other ideas I had but they didn't get as developed as these. Soon I'll post up some summarizing posts about game mechanics, then some summaries of how the factions meshed and what I thought could have been done better, then some interesting facts, and perhaps post the EXCEL sheet I used to keep track of everything, and I'll be done. Should certainly help hold you over until Snake's back for good.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Found the Gorblax role:

Role: Thread Necromancer
Forumer: Gorblax

You are Gorblax. Your appearances are rare but sacred, omnislashing the entire forum in a bout of responses, replying to threads long past. You may use this ability to resurrect one dead person every third dayphase. PM me the name of the dead person of your choice and they will rise from the grave, back into their original alignment.

This would have been fun. Gorblax would have been an interesting character, and could have changed the game drastically. He would be recruitable by Surgepox like the other mods when forming the Moderator Rebellion.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:40 pm

That.....is....AWESOME. That does sound rather like Gorblax, seeing that wall of "last post by: Gorblax" was amazing.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Damn, I could have had Weldar AND SurgePox had I chose Surge first? I would have loved that team. Sad

However, we probably would not have won if that was the case unless we sacrificed Surge cause Weldar would have had to otherwise defend him, making Weldar seem more suspicious. Ah well.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, I reflected about the idea, and it would have been even harder for Weldar to justify keeping around two of us as opposed to just you.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Interesting game mechanics in place:

Smashbro's puppets would be revealed as their original alignments when killed. This was meant to help benefit the Manipulative_Bastard should he decide to sacrifice a mafia puppet. Also, worth noting is that he was immune to the Hacker's "scan the interwebz": His role PM wouldn't be revealed. The manipulation action would show up on DarkFalco's IP scans though. These were all meant to help an otherwise challenging role.

Robin, when choosing someone to link to, would do more than just join their team: When that person's alignment changed, she would as well (though her power wouldn't change). So if she had joined Weldar prior to Weldar being manipulated, she would be a second puppet when smashbro hit Weldar, and would also die if smash died, and if she joined a townie who then became recruited by the Avalanchians, she would also join Avalanchia. The only exception is being zombified: If the person she was connected to became a zombie, she wouldn't become one as well. The only way for her to become a zombie is to join the "living" zombie.

Had the stars aligned absolutely perfect, there could have been about 13 deaths in one day-night spread! First, Matt (DarkFalco) would have had to be resurrected by Raya, making him lover bonded and a vigilante. Robin would then have to join the person smashbro was manipulating. From there, someone random would have to be the last one to vote for DRTJR, with smashbro tied for the lynch. DRTJR uses his shot and kills someone random. 1 death. TheTJ orders the doublelynch, killing smashbro and DRTJR, in the process blowing up the last one to vote for DRTJR and killing both smashbro's minion and Robin, who if tied to the person manipulated would also become manipulated. That's another 5 deaths. Then, that night, Matt (DarkFalco) kills someone, 7 deaths total. Both mafias make a kill. 9 deaths total. SurgePox kills someone with Judgement (assuming he's earned it that day). 10. queen_camilla's protect fails, killing whoever she targeted. 11. Ansem hits an Avalanchian, killing it. 12. And if any of those kills were on Raya, DarkFalco, having been lover bonded would re-die with her. 13. Had this happened bricks would be shat, that's how near-impossible it was. The sheer coincidences would have to be completely unlucky. The chances were probably one in a thousand that everything would line up like that.

As presented by tvtropes.com Through Weldar-"Chessmasters also tend to be overconfident and usually panic when their "perfect" plans fail. The exception to this is when Magnificent Bastard and Chessmaster overlap, since a Magnificent Bastard is quite good at rebounding from defeat." In the words of smashbro WTF-BOOM! This quote applied beautifully, and deserved to be shared.

The chess analogies as mentioned a few times were paramount and quite sneaky. The mafias I termed White and Black after just referring to them as 1 and 2 for a little when I noticed how well this fit. Beyond the two mafias, if you look at Avalanchia vs the mob, you get a crystal clear white (or good) vs black (or evil) image, with King Minby being the white king and smashbro being the black king, with Weldar as his queen. Just as in chess the king is infinitely more valuable than the queen but far less powerful, so in this game was Weldar in a much more significant position than smashbro but also far less powerful. We had a lot of good talks about these analogies and it really was amazing how well they fit.

The Chess Death (Minby's on Night 2) was significant not just for its satisfying the chess analogy perfectly (benevolent white king checkmated (which is killing the king, of course) by the evil black queen, who was played by the Chessmaster), but because it took place in a bar. Those of you who have read the mafia boards will note that both mobs met in the Mana Bar Razz. I had a few of the kills take place in and around bars because of this.

The mafians' kill styles were meant to be consistent per mafian. The Chessmaster made the very badass kills with the mysterious figure and used a lot of action movie stereotypes (the man in the swivel chair saying "I've been expecting you", the chess game between the mobster and the protagonist, the one man illuminated from behind holding a smoking gun, the man walking silently away from an explosion, not looking back, the latin quote, and then the kill on Fed in the finale and the endgaming of JGH27.) The Mindtaker used appropriately mindfucky kills (making Snake see a manifestation of his own self as a demon and finally killing himself, the smothering, mind-rending darkness in Spont's kill). The Freelancer acted mostly like a hi-tech hitman, or so was the intent, with her kill on camilla. The bus driver had an amusing method of execution-bailing out of the bus and causing it to careen, headlong, into a tractor trailer. The Fallen Mod, of course, banned his targets. The Janitor I had trouble deciding on but it would all be about efficiency and cleanliness, and using various machines to accomplish his task (I was thinking an incinerator and more in classic horror movie style. Used a trash compactor on DRTJR). These were both stylistic and so the town might be able to pick up on some consistency between them, though I was careful not to be too revealing.

There might be more but that's pretty much what I feel like saying for now. I can put up the flowcharts and the day-by-day description as I'd normally planned, but only if you're interested. It was great fun hosting, and I'd love to do it again sometime. I hope you all enjoyed Game 6-Deceptions!

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Weldar wrote:While I understand what you're saying Surge that post was deleted with Quaetam's blessing, it might have been under his orders. It wasn't just an ordinary little scumslip it was accidentally posting a post meant for the sideforum in this thread and made it totally obvious Snake, hudson and I were mafia. It would have fucked things up a little too much and besides, a slip like that couldn't actually happen in a real mafia game.

Actcually it went more like this

*in Valve chat*

Q: Holy shit Hudson just fucked you guys

S: What? I+OH MY FUCKING pancake FUCK BALLS SHIT

Q: Fuck! Tell him to delete it! Omfg!

S: OK OK OK I WILL FUCK FUCK FUCK

*5 minutes late*

Q & S: Hudsons a fucking retard.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:05 pm

what is this I dont even--

I never typed Pancake!

Shit Balls fuck cock ass

Is it censoring my words?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Word filter I assume.

(The most amusing word filter I've seen is the Nuzlocke forums: God is censored to Arceus).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 am

THIS IS PART OF THE MAFIA FINALE. Make sure you're starting from the mafia thread itself.

She landed hard, on concrete, amidst the pouring rain, the darkness of the storm. For a second she thought she was back, but something was wrong. The tower on which she again struggled to her feet rose into the night amidst a city of darkness, but a city still, one not yet ravaged by the miasma of death, by the hopelessness, the fog.

Quaetam stood at the other end of the building, approaching slowly, a specter against a dark storm, inevitable, unstoppable, as she struggled to stay steady, to prepare to fight.

Every time someone tries to stand for purpose, to stand for meaning in our world, it breaks down before their eyes. This was a world shaped by deceptions, every man used like a little pawn in a greater game.

The demon walked forward, and she slowly backed up, inch by inch, across the slippery pavement. Lightning flared and his form was illuminated, a golden-cracked demon dripping with menace, apart from the world, unnatural, ethereal. Raya struggled to maintain her grip, prepared to fight even as she knew it was hopeless, readied herself for combat as she knew there was nowhere else to run, as she saw the checkmate laid out before her.

Her mind hanging on the precipice of confidence and insanity, she struck forward as the demon approached. Quaetam flicked his wrist and the banstick was knocked to the ground. She stood, defenseless now, on the edge of oblivion, despair finally taking hold.

Here good and evil lost all meaning. Every struggle the people fought here was in futility, all a means to another man’s end. The Chessmaster carried the day, and the man behind the man sat and watched, laughing as the world crumbled at their feet.

He threw an arm outward, hand raised as if clutching at something, and the fog struck at her like a thousand needles, biting past the shattered resolve and into her skin. She cried out with pain as the light failed her, as the lightning wracked her being, her strength fading, her resolve wavering as she saw the reality of the despair clean before her eyes.

This world stands in desolation, a City of Lies beneath an endless storm! Even they who fought so hard to see it all burn have not triumphed. In the end nobody ever truly has. This is the end, Raya! You cannot break this cycle!” he snarled.

Raya plunged into despair. The banstick flickered alongside her resolve. The throne of heaven disappeared, fading from her sight. What was the purpose if this was their destiny? If the world she sought to reshape in her image was so inescapably doomed, so inevitably fated to oblivion?

And by what hands could the dawn be heralded if not hers? By what sword could the sky be pierced? They sought the triumph of a new age, but at what cost? Was there a purpose in fighting if so many would continue to die? She looked to the future, to the golden age she worked so hard for, and saw it fade into oblivion before her eyes. Her thoughts turned to the past, to the time in which their goal was so great. That world, that life… it was nothing now. And as for the future? Their golden promise was nothing but the foolish dream of a child. It would not be achieved; it could never be achieved.

She laughed at the futility of the world as her body began to fade, as the mist began to seep into her veins, to devour her. The golden radiance of the weapon that lay at her feet flickered; the light of passion stood on the brink of snuffing out.

But for some reason she did not want to see this light fade. Even as she surrendered, even as she relinquished her hold on her hope, she did not want to see it all give way. What was it all worth, in the end?

Maybe she wasn’t fighting for the right thing. Maybe the world could not be shaped by her hand. Maybe they could not bring in the age they dreamt of for so long. But maybe they could ensure that those who come after could have hope. Maybe she could leave the power to make a better world in someone else’s fists. There had to be a purpose, had to be a way past this cycle. And if there was none, it would be hers to create! Maybe she could fight, if not to champion the dawn of a new age, then to champion the hope for a better future.

A golden glow blasted through the darkness, and the banstick lit up once more. The tendrils of mist extracted themselves from her veins, and though she dripped with blood from unseen wounds, though her body still ached with the pain of a thousand needles, it was far diminished.

Raya broke free of the fog and turned to face Quaetam, banstick in hand once more.

“Maybe I cannot triumph. Maybe the throne of heaven can never be seized. But I can end this; I can ensure that those who come after will have a future to aspire to. I can strike you down, if not to try to make the world mine, to at least leave it free so that someone else may have hope, that someone else may lay claim to it! If the cycle cannot be escaped I will break it, I will shatter the chains of fate themselves!”

She leapt forward, glowing weapon held high, and everything dissolved as they clashed again

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic View next topic Back to top