Post  Bugman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:16 pm

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125812

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another reason why I hate G4.

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Mario Is Mario. there are complaining it's not realistic enough and it's about a Italian Plumber from the Bronx that rides a green dinosaur and fights a fire breathing turtle. Where does Realism enter into the Equation

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Did I mention she found a burping gun (from Ratchet and Clank, love the games) hilarious?

Mario is SUPPOSE to be cartoony, you twat!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 pm

If you're not going to look at the game objectively, and set aside your own biases, don't bother talking about it. If it's something you personally don't like, that's fine, but unless you have a concrete criticism (like, for example, Boulder Mario is hard to control and not fun, or sometimes the camera zooms to weird places and I can't orient myself) of the game to make, no one wants to hear you talk. I have a few critisms of this game to make myself, but I am not stupid enough to make my main arguement "this game has too much style." It also probably helps that I am not a graphics whore either.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Personally I felt Bee and Boo Mario seemed a little tacked on and red Yoshi was Way too fast but these are some what legitimate Criticisms

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Bee Mario and Boo Mario were a lot of fun last game, and I was glad to see them come back. Fast Yoshi is really fast and hard to control somewhat. but that was sort of intentional and I think it makes it more challenging. Boulder Mario on the other hand suffers from it's difficulty.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Meh, I always preferred Mario's look in Brawl as opposed to his flat color one.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Nez wrote:She's dumb. It's ok if you don't like the game (well not really), but calling it too cartoony doesn't make any sense. That's how the style of Mario games are, so he's not going to become realistic all of a sudden and join the Italian mafia and start killing people with Tommy guns with his good buddy Capone.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:19 pm

The_King_Up_North
June 3, 2010 at 6:28 pm
Well we all know girl gamers don't exist, so whatever.
Evil or Very Mad
which is also ironic in a way cause the guys profile pic was of the koopa in the bottom right of the pic Q posted

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh gosh, I like Adam Sessler, and normally I don't mind Morgan but that was just pathetic.

Why do games have to be about "realism" and "graphics" nowadays? It's like that is what most people want. I personally... don't. give. a. fuck.

Complaining that Super Mario is too cartoony is like complaining that Paper Mario is too flat. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:20 am

There is ONE THING I'd change about the Mario Galaxies Games. Give a reason for Mario being able to breathe in space. Not hard, one line, "Also, the Luma's will allow you to live in space." Boom, done.

...Then again, I would have almost no problem with mario being able to breathe underwater indefinatley (He does in the old games) so I guess I'm a hypocrite.... but still...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:25 am

TheTJ wrote:

...Then again, I would have almost no problem with mario being able to breathe underwater indefinatley (He does in the old games) so I guess I'm a hypocrite.... but still...
not in mario64. i died many a time cause i got caught under a ledge while swiming >.<

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:29 am

TheTJ wrote:There is ONE THING I'd change about the Mario Galaxies Games. Give a reason for Mario being able to breathe in space. Not hard, one line, "Also, the Luma's will allow you to live in space." Boom, done.

What about all the enemies being able to breathe in space? Or luigi, or the toads, or any of the other npcs? I prefer to just go with it being unimportant, since it's a magical journey through the Mario universe, and let that detail slide in favor of magic and miracles.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 am

Like I said, I'm being a hypocrite. It still really bothered me though. I mean, not only is breathing an issue, but so is the vacuum and extreme temperatures.

I know being in space is the only way to have this particulare style of platforming, but if it IS space maybe they had some sort of highly sophisticated alien technology that would be small enough to not hinder mario (Certainly smaller than that hydro-pack in Sunshine) yet still allow him to survive.

I dunno, space is such an inhospitable place that anyone just romping through it... BUGS me. The same way that an old movie set in "The distant year of 19XX" bugs me. It doesn't make any difference in the movie itself, but it's something that'll sit in the back of my head and bother me whenever I think about it.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:01 am

TheTJ wrote:There is ONE THING I'd change about the Mario Galaxies Games. Give a reason for Mario being able to breathe in space. Not hard, one line, "Also, the Luma's will allow you to live in space." Boom, done.

I always was like

"HOW THE FUCK IS HE STILL HOLDING HIS BREATH?!?!?!"

Fucking half plumber, half fish.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 am

look, if you enjoy Mario and Mario Galaxy, you shouldn't let this critique get to you, and let the writer go back to Halo.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35 am

TheTJ wrote:There is ONE THING I'd change about the Mario Galaxies Games. Give a reason for Mario being able to breathe in space.

I got the best reason ever. It is a mario game. Very Happy

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:37 am

I like to think that the space from Mario's universe works differently from ours. Very Happy

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 am

Really, I got to say that I at least kinda respected Morgan. That video now officially killed it. Adam though is still good in my eyes when he is not with Morgan. He is by far much smarter then her.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 am

Viero wrote:Really, I got to say that I at least kinda respected Morgan. That video now officially killed it. Adam though is still good in my eyes when he is not with Morgan. He is by far much smarter then her.

Yea well in the old X-Play they portrayed Adam as an idiot for kicks and giggles. Now when people see his podcast they are like, "Where the fuck did that come from?"

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am

Ya. kinda sad really, Morgan web was a smart one to a lot of people when the smart one was dumb down by scripted lines. Should have been the other way around.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am

Not really. In my experience it's only smart people who can really pull off acting dumb.

...Besides, if there were a game review show where a girl was the dumb one you know a lot of people would have a problem with that.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:37 pm

So what if she can't get into playing SMG2 based on how she perceives the game? BY2K and Outlaw, you guys bash Modern Warfare and Halo based on how you perceive the game. So what is this a double standard? Not everyone is going to like the same games as you. Yeah, SMG2 is a cartoony looking game, but the whole thing is the acid trip of a possibly insane Japanese man. There were times when I felt that SMG was childish at times, but I still played it and had fun. People are entitled to their opinions and the video does not change my opinion of Adam, Morgan, or G4.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

smashbro wrote:People are entitled to their opinions and the video does not change my opinion of Adam, Morgan, or G4.

This is true, and I already know this. I never said she wasn't entitled to her opinion. But just because it is an opinion doesn't mean I can't judge her from it.

Yes my opinion is that Modern Warfare and Halo is just a bunch of trash. You can judge me on it if you want, I don't mind. But just because it is an opinion doesn't mean someone won't attack them for it. This is the internet, no matter what someone says or does people still disagree. Stating that people are entitled to their opinions won't necessarily fix the problem. In fact, nothing will.

smashbro wrote:Not everyone is going to like the same games as you.

Boy that goes without saying.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:53 pm

smashbro wrote:Yeah, SMG2 is a cartoony looking game

That being a reason to not like SMG2 is like saying portal has to many portals, or left 4 dead has to many zombies.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top