Quaetam's Super Mario World hack

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Quaetam's Super Mario World hack

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:09 pm

Two things about the hack as it is now. Did you make so that you can actually advance? In the stage on the left, I can jump over the green block square and land on the other side of the staircase of ? blocks that kill you, only to land on a HUGE line of the green blocks that throw me into that wall of ? blocks and I can't tell how your supposed to *possibly* advance beyond that. The stage on the right, I can get the 3 up moon, and that's about it. I can jump over the piranha chomp thing and stay as Fire Mario, but then, again, I get shoved into ? blocks that kill on contact. If I land on the piranha, I shrink and go under the ? blocks, only to go RIGHT into that wall of ? blocks Laughing . One last question though; what's the music in the speedy trial stage? I don't recognize it, best I can place it is a Megaman X stage.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Managed to jump once on the speedy trial. That made me happy. Then I quit.

And I never got anywhere on the second level. Didn't try very hard, but hitting the info block threw me off every time. Unless you want that to be part of the difficulty...move it out of the way of that tight jump arc, please.

If you want most of us to be your audience, you'll probably want something a liiiiittle easier lol.

(Has everybody here tried my hack? I feel unloved Crying or Very sad )

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:59 pm

OmicronAustin wrote:(Has everybody here tried my hack? I feel unloved Crying or Very sad )

Playing through it now

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:58 pm

AvalancheInABox wrote:I downloaded the Zsnes to hear the music.....not much to hear if you die in mere seconds Suspect I doubt many people here can finish a level

I can do it fairly easy. Really I do not see how it is that hard.

TDinaBoxtai wrote:... sorry for Double post, but JESUS VIE. GIVE US A FREAKING LEARNING GURVe, WHY DON'TCHYA.

That would take out the name of challenging but fair.

Relmitos wrote:Two things about the hack as it is now. Did you make so that you can actually advance? In the stage on the left, I can jump over the green block square and land on the other side of the staircase of ? blocks that kill you, only to land on a HUGE line of the green blocks that throw me into that wall of ? blocks and I can't tell how your supposed to *possibly* advance beyond that. The stage on the right, I can get the 3 up moon, and that's about it. I can jump over the piranha chomp thing and stay as Fire Mario, but then, again, I get shoved into ? blocks that kill on contact. If I land on the piranha, I shrink and go under the ? blocks, only to go RIGHT into that wall of ? blocks Laughing . One last question though; what's the music in the speedy trial stage? I don't recognize it, best I can place it is a Megaman X stage.

Yes you can. I messed up and changed the ending. the moons were suppose to be the end but you should still be able to finish the level.
You run jump onto the Banzai bill and onto the platform above. for the 1 to the right you need to get hit and jump from the gray blocks
I know it is 100% possible as I have played though all of it multiple times.
It is a F zero song. Razz

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:27 pm

There's challenging but fair, and there's WTF WHY IS THIS SO HARD (that's what she said) AHHHHH.

I'm sure I would die very early on. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Lol I did not even try to make them that hard. But here is a little hint to everyone who is playing my hack. In my world at least. There will be a lot of tricks to throw you off and fuck you up.

Like the one at the start of Path of the tower you need to run at the very bottom next to that stair case. Jump between the green blocks that shoot you left and the stair case with instant kill blocks on to the bill and land on the platform above.

Actually really easy once you get the hang of it. Instead of trying to get on that platform in the air. That will do nothing for you. Did not really want to give that away but it seems like I should just tell people world one is full of tricks. Maybe that will help.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:56 pm

OK. I will start to work on a level of one of the forum members with the help of a RNG

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Alright, with those hints I'll give this another shot, but

1: Hacks are so much easier when you create them, obviously. Especially if you're trying to trick us.
2: It's apparent that you're a complete god at Super Mario World and none of us can even come close to comparing. Kudos, I'm verily jealous.

Just keep in mind who your audience is. If it's TOO hard, less people will play it and even less will see everything you worked so hard on. Wink

*initiating thorough beta testing again*

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Ok then I have come up with a way to keep the hard but make a way for a more easy path.

I am really not that good. As you said it is a lot more easy when you make it.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Going to attempt to complete the stages again, then. We'll see, I'll beat it! Hard modes, HOOOOOOOOO

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Tell me how you guys do.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Well? I've beaten the Path of the Tower stage. That finale part was amusing to me, "don't grab a power up or you lose". I've beaten the Speedy Trial, I didn't realize that the stage doesn't actually "end" like through a gate or anything, you just can't proceed. I get it now. Though, uh....Stage 3. Yoshi's Island 3. I load it, I die, and there's no invisible blocks or anything, as far as I can tell. Am I supposed to be able to enter Yoshi's House? Cause if I try the game just freezes on a black screen for me.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Seriously? god damn it. Sorry. I will fix that and just send you it again. I swear I sent you the fixed one. My bad.

EDIT: I mean the yoshi island 3. I knew the yoshi house was glitching because of a broken song I put into it.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0um2wt

Ok. With this one I made it so you can go right to the castle. But Yoshi's house is still glitched

What did you think of the levels so far?

I will just tell you what you need to do for the first part. when you get to the wall of red blocks you want to jump and hold down so it will stop you but safely push you down to the ground.

Last edited by Viero on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 pm

i can't get the damn thing to jump at the right time for the first level. (the one with the auto run blocks)

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:20 pm

It is all about timing. If you want more info you need to go back and read my post as I already said what to do at the end.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Does emulator matter? Cause I perfer SNES9X but some people were saying something about ZSNES. Also; still nadda. Beat the Path of the Tower again, and the path to the yoshi's island 3 stage lights up, as well as the one leading to the tower, but it won't let me go past yoshi's island 3. Am I being stupid and doing something wrong?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 pm

That is defiantly strange. I tested it and you should be able to just walk right up to the castle. Start a new game and just go right to the castle. don't do any other levels.

as far as the emulator I know it only matters for the sound(But I think it is worth it because I think this castle theme is SO much better then the original.)

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Bah, I keep forgetting to post this when I update you. If you can change the opener's text, you should definitely put "It's always a fuckin bowser!", just for flavor.

Also; can anyone else actually walk up to just the castle? Cause I've downloaded that recent link 3 times to try, deleted every save/smc whatever file related to it, and no, I can't go straight there.

I'm not just giving you a hard time V, I swear, lol

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm

I can't get to the castle either. EDIT: Although I haven't beaten Path of the Tower yet.

Anyway, I'm not understanding how to get past the Banzai Bill part in the Path of the Tower.

And I can't not get the power up in Speedy Trial. Am I supposed to be able to get to the moon?

Also, my hand hurts from reloading my savestates so much.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 pm

no, no, in that speed trial stage, there's no way to avoid getting the fire flower. I dunno why I didn't think about it, but, when you get the flower and you jump over the piranha plant, duck. Keep on ducking until you hit the green spinning blocks. Congratulations, you have beaten the stage.

In the path to the tower stage, you run forward on the ground, not on the ramp, and jump last minute to go over the ? blocks but under the green blocks that push you to the left, if you do it right you'll bounce off of the top of the banzai bill and go further in the stage.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:19 pm

I went ahead and opened the file up in Lunar Magic. Viero, you have a crooked, watery path in the overworld, no wonder it doesn't work! xD

EDIT: You didn't enable up on Yoshi's Island 3, either! What the heck? Lol.

EDIT2: Music works fine in SNES9x, actually. Why did you say it wouldn't?

EDIT3: I'm in the castle, in an area by a P block. No idea what to do now.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:I went ahead and opened the file up in Lunar Magic. Viero, you have a crooked, watery path in the overworld, no wonder it doesn't work! xD

EDIT: You didn't enable up on Yoshi's Island 3, either! What the heck? Lol.

EDIT2: Music works fine in SNES9x, actually. Why did you say it wouldn't?

EDIT3: I'm in the castle, in an area by a P block. No idea what to do now.

I know. I told you this would have some glitches I just probably sent you the wrong one or something the 2nd time.

Again I was in a rush to get it done and I was not paying that much attention to the over world.

I am talking about the custom music. the normal music works fine but the music I put in there did not run for me on snes9x

what you do in every mario side scrolling game. Go right.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 am

That's what I mean, there's no noticable difference in the custom music for me between ZSNES and SNES9x.

EDIT: Ffffff, I freaking beat the castle. God, so many savestates...

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:39 pm

This is all 3 levels in my current hack. Had a bit more trouble then I would have liked but still good.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top