Super Ultra Awesome World, a Super Mario World Edit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Ultra Awesome World, a Super Mario World Edit

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Don't let the silly name turn you off, I just didn't want to risk calling it something...stupider.

Super Ultra Awesome World is an edit of the original Super Mario World by my brother (who did some level design) and myself. It has 12 (maybe 13?) levels to play through, many of which have secret exits. I created it with the Lunar Magic program.

The levels are named after my close friends, and they are difficult. Because an emulator is required to play it, I designed the levels with save states in mind...that being said, you're all veteran gamers, and no heavy save state usage is really needed.

Below is a download link and its mirror. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?yf34tifn44z
http://rapidshare.com/files/397275884/SuperUltraAwesomeFinal.smc.html

NOTE: A SNES emulator is required to play this. Look up ZSNES or SNES9x if you don't have one. They're free and don't take up much space. Even better, they work great on really crappy computers, like mine.

Also, because I don't want anybody to get discouraged and not completely enjoy all of my hard work, I'll post which levels have secret exits and, in spoilers, tell how to find the exit.

Pat's Fatty Forest: In the first blue pipe, hit the P block and fall down the left side. Wait for the coins to turn back into blocks, and climb up the right side. Hit the ? block for a key. Take the key to the end of the level where you will find a shell and many goombas and turtles. There is an invisible block near the top of the blue pipe, hit it, climb into the clouds, and put the key in the keyhole.

Chris's Cool Castle: At the end where you find a door, continue running towards the right and jump towards the coins.

Sameron's Tower: This is the most difficult part of the game. Carry the P block all the way up to the midway point. To carry it up the vine, throw it up, start climbing, continue holding the run button, and you will grab it while you climb. At the midway point (I would savestate here), flip the switch and race up. On the left wall is a pipe. Enter it before the block vanishes.

This unlocks a new level, which also has a secret exit, which unlocks the Top Secret Zone. I particularly love this level, and think you will too, but I wont spoil this one; you have to earn it. ^_-

Last edited by OmicronAustin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Ultra Awesome World, a Super Mario World Edit

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Downloading it now. I need a brake from this anyway.

You stole my idea of naming things after friends you bastard. lol

Castles
#1 Vie's Va Base (Vie Koopa)
#2 Beast Den (Beast Jr. Koopa)
#3 Don't have one name yet. (D Shot Koopa)
#4 Zi's Opera House (Zi Von Koopa)
#5 The Fallen's Fort (Fallen Koopa)
#6 Death O layer. (Death O Koopa)
#7 Don't have one name yet. (J Koopa)
Bowser castle: Twilight Dragons HQ(King Yag)

Last edited by Viero on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 pm

It might even provide some inspiration. ^_^

But please tell me about any comments or problems you might have. I'm probably not going to be adding any levels anytime soon, but I'm still up for perfecting what I've got.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:01 pm

It is a good rom hack. But nothing really I can use. Much to easy for my rom.

This is my first level. 4 custom blocks right there. one you can't pass when big, one you can't pass when small, one that shoots mario to the left, and one that kills you no matter what(?'s)

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Originally they were a lot harder, particularly the cave level, but I decided I wanted my "target audience" to be at least able to beat the second level. Keep playing, the final level definitely has the challenge you want if you go for the secret exit. I mean, it would at LEAST be an easy level on the hardest ROMs. =P

How exactly do you go about putting a custom block like that in?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:45 pm

my computer can't open the file... Sad

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:37 am

@ OA: You download a program called BLKTOOL. When you get it. go to file in blktool and open up your rom. Then go to add block. And then open up a calculator. Put 200 in Hex Then switch it to Dec. Put that number in as the Map16 number then save and it is now in there. And repeat(But put 201 for the next block and so on.)

@Dark Falco. I assume you just tried to open it? If so you can't do that. You need to download a Super Nintendo Emulator from somewhere like Coolrom.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 am

ZSNES is good too

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 am

That is the best emulator out there for the Super Nintendo.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 am

SNES9x is pretty great, too. I've never had any problems with it.

Guess I should have mentioned that in the topic...

EDIT: Did you beat it yet, Viero?
Razz

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Oh yes I have. The castle was not that hard. I even made things a lot hard for me by trying when you need to get the spring bored up to that patch of ground by spin jumping off the ball. I brought the koopa shell up there and did a shell jump up to the vine.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:38 pm

xD Awesome. Guess you're quite the master at this game. Did you get the secret exit for Sameron's tower, with the P block and everything? I probably should have made it less linear, there are WAY too many secret exits.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:27 pm

And done. That was really amusing, I enjoy a good Mario World hack. That 12 story castle was amusing. Gotta ask though, the hell was that P switch for? Never found a good use for it. Also; the ghost house was mean. You enter that door, and it makes you THINK your finished, then bam, it's actually more stage with another ghost house and the end of that section.

Yes, I did make sure I found and did those secret exit stages. The underwater one was awesome, but I just gotta ask. Why wasn't there just ONE Torpedo Ted? Hehe, Bullet Bill's stole all of the glory, but I still like Torpedo Ted, myself.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Actually, I could NOT get Torpedo Ted to work for some reason...if I recall. It's been a while since I made this. That, and some spaces just felt too cramped for his enormous hitbox.

And the P block in Sameron Tower is for the secret exit...did you get the secret exit without it? o_O Look at the spoiler on the first post.

Oh, and I get the "tower" inspiration from Super Demo World, which had the 50 (or was it 100?) floor Boo Tower. I decided to not make it that ridiculous, though.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you so much for-a playing my game. ^_^

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Spoiler tag's don't work right now, I can't look at it. And no, I was unaware that there was a special stage in there. I saw that blue pipe but nothing happened when I head-butted it, so I just dismissed it

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Gah, I'll just get rid of them.

Now that I think of it, maybe I should have put a coin there to make it more obvious...but anyway, the P block makes a block appear right underneath that pipe. Go in, you get the secret level.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Funny story.....I went back and started playing through the stage trying to figure it out, and I got the thing all the way to the check point, I just couldn't climb fast enough, alas. ONWARD!!! Also; that Yoshi sign at the start of the stage made me laugh.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Relmitos wrote:Funny story.....I went back and started playing through the stage trying to figure it out, and I got the thing all the way to the check point, I just couldn't climb fast enough, alas. ONWARD!!! Also; that Yoshi sign at the start of the stage made me laugh.

Indeed. There's barely any climbing, mostly jumping.

And the Yoshi sign was actually another side-effect of me not knowing how to actually make the correct castle cutscene appear. xD Interestingly enough, that's apparently the default no-yoshi cutscene, already programmed in the game but never used.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Now that's amusing, lol, I know that sometimes things get into the programming (can you say stop n swap?) but never get used, but that's just amazing.

EDIT: Made it! Just barely, to, I'm sure if one more game second would've gone by, the block would've disappeared. I got a bonus cause I broke 100 stars, and I got 9 stars in the boxes. Also.....uh....GfL3avT5zCsHfvb2? Am I missing something with the naming of this stage? And again, before I forget, I thought that placing a stage ontop of one of those green pillar things with the eyes was funny.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:25 pm

How else to make it a mountaintop? =P

And the capital letters in the name are supposed to spell "GLITCH." The level represents the name quite well.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Mission accomplished! Game thoroughly beaten, and good LORD that GLTCH stage was amazing. I found 2 different keys after a couple tries, and I got excited but let down. When you start the stage, you get put down in between 7 doors. I expected it to be a Megaman like hall of bosses part, but it wasn't. Ah well, it entertained me for a few hours.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah...sorry. It's actually impossible to make that many doors do anything different in the same area, so they were all the same. I really had fun figuring out that all the half-yoshi-coins did something different based on the block they were underneath. Some give you balloons, a few give keys, and one of them pretty much gives you 99 lives instantaneously.

But I'm glad you liked it. ^_^ I think I might start making more levels. It is the summer, after all...

EDIT: It's worth noting that I made no custom blocks or anything. That glitch level was entirely default programming at work.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top