Portal 2

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Portal 2

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Got it today and yes, I love it. So many twists, can't wait finishing it and do Co-op.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun May 08, 2011 1:24 pm

So, while our internet was shit I played through this.
I loved it. Storywise it's actually better than the first one and the jokes are still so damn amazing. Gameplay-wise I must say the first one was better. During the middle part of the game there were way too many giant areas with one and ONLY ONE possible portal-fitting wall you have to go looking for or snipe from afar. The game mechanics work a lot better when the areas are smaller and tighter.
I didn't like the credits song as much as Still Alive, really. This one was a bit forgettable. But this game has one of the greatest endings in video game history.

Specifically,
Spoiler:
YOU FIRE THE FINAL PORTAL INTO THE GODDAMN MOON

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun May 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Spoiler:
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

All I need to say, right?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I actually ADORE the new end song. I'm apparently the only one in the world who prefers it to Still Alive.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun May 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Still Alive has a better tune to it, but I do like Want You Gone.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sun May 08, 2011 10:40 pm

TheTJ wrote:I actually ADORE the new end song. I'm apparently the only one in the world who prefers it to Still Alive.
Still Alive is a situational music, choose for the history.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue May 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Source SDK tools for Portal 2 are released as Beta, look in the tools tab and download them if you want.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Today marks the day of the Portal 2 Test Chamber Competition.

Community site thinkingwithportals.com have launched a new Portal 2 mapping contest. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to create the best singe player or co-op test chamber you can think of, and submit it to the Thinking With Portals download database before 11:59pm EDT on June 6. Entries submitted at midnight will be incinerated in the nearest Aperture Cleansing Oven.

The best two mapers will receive an Ultimate Portal 2 Gift Pack signed by the Portal 2 developers and both maps will be featured by Valve on The Portal 2 site. Read on for the rules of entry.

You'll find full details on the Thinking With Portals contest page. The rules are below. Good luck!

Maps must be submitted no later than June 6th at 11:59pm EDT.
Both Singleplayer and Co-op maps are allowed. You may submit one map of each game mode.
Maps cannot contain custom assets of any kind. No exceptions. Spend your time working on your puzzle, not making models, textures, sounds/voices, or other extra content.
Maps must contain both an Entry and an Exit elevator, the style of which as appropriate for your map theme. 1940's Aperture maps can use the old style elevators, destroyed Aperture can use the destroyed looking elevators, and so on.
Maps must be able to be completed without using engine or portaling glitches of any kind.
Entries must be uploaded to the ThinkingWithPortals.com Download Database and uploaded in a compressed file format (such as ZIP, RAR or 7z).
Entries must include the source VMF.

I foresaw this a week or so ago. (I am a wizard.) So a friend of mine and I started designing a Portal 2 Singleplayer Test Chamber a week or so ago during Spanish Class in School. The lad has quite an imaginative mind when it comes to puzzles. So I am designing that puzzle. Witcher 2 caught me off guard, its alluring story drew me away from my mapping. But I can finish the map.

I will want some of you to test it out when/if I get done. Hopefully it won't be too easy.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu May 26, 2011 6:33 pm

I'll gladly test it out. I had a lot of fun with Portal 1 custom maps, so I may have some good suggestions, too.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 am

I found some pretty neat shit.

Apparently Razer has developed a motion controller for the PC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901666/

Which can be used for the motion sensing DLC for Portal 2.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/660

Now I don't know how reliable it is. The products I have from Razer have been working for a long time. Though my keyboard is glitching up but thats not faulty equipment, thats me spilling a drink on it. I might actually get this, this will be pretty cool. $140 is a lot of money, but I might wait until more games become compatible with it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Welp, beat this. Glad I was able to go as long as I did spoiler free.

Spoiler:
Except for the whole Wheatly being evil part, but the final boss fight and ending were good.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 am

Glad you liked it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Bro, I loved it. :B

Edit: I forgot to add. One of my favorite moments in the game (concerning a random achievement)
Spoiler:
was when in the beginning there was that one semi-broken white turret with the blinking laser that was like "Wait! I'm different!" I thought that was adorable. Then later while walking on a turret redemption line (the conveyor belt into an incinerator) I saw what I thought was a similar turret with a blinking laser and said out loud "I'm different!" I dawwww'd so hard I made it to the turret, heard it say it was different again. :3 How could I leave it? I just had to pick it up. And it gave me an achievement for that. :B

Also, is there anyone who hasn't played the co-op yet that would like to with me? Reason why I'd prefer someone not having played the co-op is cause I get the most enjoyment out of Portal when I have to think or suffer through the puzzles so if I was to be carried through it, it'd take the fun out for me.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Guess I'll throw this here. It's a fan made short film based on Portal. Really makes me want a Portal movie now...

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top