What game(s) are you playing now?

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What game(s) are you playing now?

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:20 am

Its awesome against the mooks cause you can practically powderize them with blademode. And if you don't ragequit against a boss called Monsoon, you have more patience then I Razz

Also; CQC doesn't have to be deadly. Just KO them. At some points in the game it's just easier to absorb bulletfire and put every enemy soldier to bed. Some may call that cheating, I call it efficiency.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 pm

OH MY GOD! They're remaking Fable 1! THEY'RE MAKING FABLE 1! This is so AWESOME! I love this game, this awesome! AAAAAAHHHHHH!

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:53 pm

HERO. YOUR HEALTH IS LOW.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 pm

SurgePox wrote:HERO. YOUR HEALTH IS LOW.
DO YOU HAVE ANY POTIONS OF FOOD?

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 pm

So I just beat Ghost Trick, quirky little puzzle game from the makers of Phoenix Wright. The gist is that you are a recently deceased person who wants to find out the truth behind his murder and who he was before he died, but he only has till dawn to do this. He can travel trough telephonelines and manipulate objects to move from place to place and has to prevent people from getting killed.

And the story from there on out is pretty good, though the puzzles can be nailbitingly frustrating. The jail and the submarine in particular were so bad I needed to carefuly study their gamefaqs entries.

The final plottwists are some of the most hilariously awesome twists I have ever seen in a videogame.

Who you think you are
Spoiler:

Bananahead Johnny Bravo

Who you actually are
Spoiler:

Further spoilers
Spoiler:

The main question that plagues you trough the final half of the game is; who is this somehow immortal murderer walking around that looks like me, and this gets explained almost perfectly. I was incredibly afraid when it began hinting at 'space magic' but it took that concept and fucking ran with it. My face when I figured out you were actually the murderers cat was somewhere between sheer disbelief and laughing out loud.

Also, the spirit inhabbiting the lamp that instructs you in the beginning for the tutorial? It's an alternate timeline version of the Pomeranian dog called missile that follows/aids you troughout the game.

All in all a very frustrating game, but I kept coming back for the funny story and to find out what would happen next. The ending may just be one of my all time favorites. 

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

I've fallen in to the trap called Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I'm not sorry.

I've now expanded my house 3 times, completed my first public works project, and caught 50% of the fish in the encyclopedia. Now I owe Tom Nook 198000 Bells.......

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Oh man, I'm happy. Today I went to a carboot and bought PC copies of The Dig and Simon The Sorcerer 1 and 2. I've talked about The Dig before; it's one of my favourite games and absolutely nobody has played it. I'm really pleased at getting Simon The Sorcerer. It's an adventure game about a sarcastic teenager who gets sucked into a fairytale world, given a pointy hat and told he's a wizard, then tasked with saving another wizard whilst dealing with all the idiots/madmen who live in this world. It's very funny, the humour and dialogue borders on cruel and it lampshades the whole genre. The backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous as well, I think the best I've ever seen in a game before. When I first played it it took me over a year to complete since this was the days before the internet and you couldn't simply look up a walkthough. Wonder how long it'll take me now...

Just an example, the opening credits and some of the areas you go to:

The music, oh God, the nostalgia! I spent many days of the my childhood listening to that main theme. Mainly cursing as I got lost in the forest again.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Project X Zone is Great, you guys.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Had to restart halfway trough Unepic (very metroidvania-esque game) because I broke the it.

Took a lot of poison from the third boss. And because that shit keeps ticking away your health, even in cutscenes, I teleported to the save/healpoint the moment I killed the boss. I return to the bosschamber, the boss is gone and the key never dropped. To add insult to injury, I did get the dialogue for beating the boss. fffffffffff

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Taking a break from FE: Awakening and playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I'm a bit wary because even though I love the MD games I've heard reports that this one isn't very good, but I thought I'd play it before I judged.

First off the difficulty really has been scaled down. You choose who you play as from 5 Pokemon as opposed to the 15+ before and there's no hunger stat. Dear God, the hunger stat. At one point in the first game you get chased across several dungeons by a lynch mob with nothing to eat but the stuff you have on you and what you can scavenge. I was literally grubbing for seeds and wasting my most powerful healing items to stop from starving to death. Well, that's all gone now, so you can fart around in dungeons as much as you like. No balancing exploration + hunger now, there's no risk to it.

The graphics are all 3D now too instead of sprites. The game has really lost a lot of its charm because of it I think. They're just graphics copied and pasted from the 3D Pokedex instead of sprites unique to the game, sigh. Haven't heard much of the music to judge, since MD games tend to have brilliant soundtracks.

Also, on a personal note, you can't increase the text speed, arrgh! It takes goddamn ages for text to scroll past in conversations, and it's even worse when you level up. This is really going to grate as time goes by. Also fuck the menu system, both the general menu and the in-battle menu. It's nice to be able to choose attacks but there's so many button combos it's ridiculous. Several times I've walked in the opposite direction instead of launching an attack.

I'm leaning towards the negative so far, but it's still early days, it might improve.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Fuck Gates To Infinity. Fuck it each way to Sunday.

I can't beat the first boss because of how ridiculous the gameplay is. In the previous games you can equip a single item to each of your team mates, and if it's a healing item they can use it reflexively when their HP gets low. Do they do that in this game? No, they hold the item and do fuck-all with it. It's decoration or some kind of hair accessory. Well, since you can't control your partner's actions, I can just use the item on them myself, right? No, because for some stupid reason you using an item on them takes up BOTH your turns. So the boss can smack you around some more for free and negate the healing. Well, I'll just concentrate on myself and let my partner fend for himself. No, because if he dies it's game over.

This is stupid. I can't heal in the fight so I can't win. And since you can't skip cutscenes, every time I restart the fight I have to go through an extended period of dialogue. Grrrrrr.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Holy bipolar posting Batman.

I'm feeling pretty glad I stuck with Gates To Infinity. Yes the graphics are a bit rubbish and yes the mechanics take some getting used to, but God damn it's making me remember how much I love the Mystery Dungeon world. It's full-on high adventure with total bros by your side. The townsfolk NPCs are decent characters too (though I never full trust townsfolk after the first game, where they turned into a frenzied mob and chased me half way across the map trying to lynch me). And of course, being an MD game there's some pretty dark and fucked up moments. One major character gets outright murdered in front of you completely out of nowhere. My biggest holy shit moment came after finding out the meaning of the lights. Earlier on in the game pretty lights started appearing in the distance, slowly floating upwards. All the townsfolk go up to the hilltop to see them and everyone is oo-ing and ahh-ing over how pretty and sparkly they are.
Spoiler:
Turns out the lights are the souls of other humans who got turned into Pokemon like yourself. Kyurem is hunting them down and slaughtering them one by one, and the lights are their souls being ripped from their dead bodies and cast back into the human world. Yup.

Man, I am so tempted to get back to writing up my PMDRP rulebook. Or at least run another game. The MD world is great.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 am

Just beat Bioshock Infinite with me mates. Great game; ending is plenty confusing, but Homestuck prepared me for these time/space shenanigans.

Also replayed the entire ace attorney series this summer.... I came to the conclusion I really didn't like the third game (though Godot is awesome). Tried to nuzlock all pokemon games before the summer vacation ended, but only managed to finish the first 3 gens.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:50 am

So I now have an xbox 360 so I have a few games to play (apart from Path of Radiance which I'm borrowing so I need to play more of that). I have been playing a bit of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and actually got to start my own file of Saints Row 3. Going to have to decide between Dragon Age II or Fable II to play next, heh. Also there's Sonic 06...yep, that is definately a game.

Also I bought the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and Saints Row 4 which I should be getting within the next week or so which will be cool.

And now I have all these games I'll be going to Victoria in like 2 weeks so all I'll have to do is make my way through Apotheosis in Fire Emblem: Awakening since I'll be away from my wii and xbox. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:11 am

Camilla, you might want to check out a fighting game series called BlazBlue. http://blazbluegame.com/#&panel1-2

Or a board/card game called Culdcept Saga. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culdcept_Saga

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:04 pm

blazblue is fun, but in the first one, Jin is OP as fuck.

Motherfucking Ice Car to victory.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:39 pm

But I have enough games to get by for now Razz

Though I am tempted to get Catherine.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:44 pm

I've had Catherine sitting on my shelf for the best part of the year, I've just never got round to playing it. I really should though, it looks a fantastic game. Also Perry could totally cosplay Vincent, just saying.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 am

My mates and I started up Amnesia; Machine for Pigs.......

Jegus, what did we start.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:54 am

I just got home to my brand new Vita and Persona 4 Golden!

...only apparently the game won't play without a memory card. God damn it /roy mode

I want to get Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on it because that's a thing though.

also, Pokemon. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:32 pm

The Stanely Parable HD Remix

...8!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:16 pm

just begin Pokemon Y *w*

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Started playing Batman Arkham Origins but it hasn't hooked me like the other 2 games have, a bit disappointed really.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 pm

I've been playing "Papers Please." and now I feel like a horrible person. Even if I let the subversives through they're targeting public works and citizens, not government officials.

Also, I always overlook the issuing city and have gotten so many citations from that.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:30 am

Being one of the many victims of the steam sales......

Super Hexagon; best soundtrack to hear in bursts of 10 seconds.
Reus: Not all that interesting god game
Simcity 4: Clearly not for me
Gamedev Tycoon: funny little game about being a gamedevelopper.
Bit Trip Runner: I fail at running bit trips. next.
Thomas Was Alone: How to emphasize with squares: the game.
Cthullu saves the world: amusing, if simple, old school rpg.
VVVVVVV: all of my rage
Long Live the Queen: Clearly not for me. Also I keep getting killed.
Rush: Simple blockpuzzle game.

Yet to play.

Toki Tori
Edge
Breath of Death
Gnomoria
Critical Mass
AAAAAAAA- A reckless disregard for gravity

Anyone else effected by the steamsales this year?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top