7% 7% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Re: MafiaInABox Game 7 - THE GREAT AVALANCHIAN WAR

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 am

Epic ending. I like this song.
This was a fun game with a lot of creative roles and I really enjoyed playing it, but I think whoever hosts the next one should go with a little simpler setup. We've had multiple games in a row with just about every possible alignment. I like games that go batfuck insane, but sometimes less is more.

Yeah, I was the Usurper. I wrote that Wiki article, it wasn't just "Snake's fluff" as someone said. I dropped some hints about Raya, Viero, TJ and even DRTJR whom I tried to frame as a "corrupt cop". Admittedly I might have been a bit too subtle at times, because the only people who realised who I was talking about were Raya(who was the don and knew about Viero) and my fellow mafians.
You can see that I had fun with that article, though, especially since the person I needed to frame framed me back in game 3. Evil laugh.
(Now I just hope we aren't playing for different sides next game. Paranoid look.)

Also, what. Smashbro had another manipulative bastard third party role in a row.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:18 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Omicron - Darkfalco, Vigilante. Had 33 percent rate of killing. It would have gone up gradually had he not tried to kill every night. Oh well, he still got Viero.

Well damn...that's why I couldn't kill anything lol. My fault, I guess. You warned me about that, but I never considered the possibility of an increasing kill rate, let alone a kill rate in general.

SnakeInABox wrote:I would like to apologize to Raya, Weldar, Minby, Quaetam, Surge, and Omicron. I feel like you particular people did not get the game you may have been hoping for, or I made things too bad on you. Sorry again.

Getting the Viero kill and deathpost was good enough for me. ^_^ Maybe I'll get better luck next time.

Great game Snake, glad it was my first.

EDIT: Actually, I do have a question. Why did I die killing Viero? Was it just a side-effect of him being the cult leader, or was something else at work?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:46 am

we killed you.

i wanna know, why was th Ansem character the cult leaer, care to elaborate?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am

Because Ansem was sick and tired of getting killed off early in every fucking game, and he wanted to do something about it.

Hence the Ansem character not being able to be lynched.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:53 am

Btw, my pet Muddy was from this:

I sent this to Snake for lols and he went and made a night post out of it.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 am

Great game, all! War, you played well but I have to say claiming to be a vigilante and then saying you were purposefully killing whoever voted first each day wasn't a great strategy. Sorry for attempting to blackmail you, at that point I was afraid that I would be double-targeted (one by the mafia for bringing down their don and another by you since you would think your cover was blown after Omicron died), and I didn't want to flip cultist, which would have ruined everything I was trying to say (and stuck me on a losing team).

Relmitos wrote:Hell yea, lol, I single-handedly assassinated Raya without anyone guessing it was me

Suicide and I actually guessed that it would be you or Surge, cause you were the only players online besides myself, smash, Suicide, and I think Xiaping when that deathpost went up. I had Suicide recruit DRTJR instead cause I thought your ability would be 1-shot.

As for my selfish doctor strategy, I was trying to become as much of a threat as possible to get the mafia and SK to target me. Night 2 I was planning to go for Suicide but changed onto myself when Av dropped his bomb threat. Night 3 I did it as part of a plan-when someone was fucking with my PMs. I was told by Snake to forward all my PMs to him, so I thought that the mafian watching me would actually know what I was talking about as well as to whom. I said in my last message to Suicide that day that I would protect him instead of me that night. Then naturally I protected myself Wink. Dunno if this bluff paid off, but hey, we all survived that night.

Also can we have the link to the mafia's private forum? I wanna see what went down ova there.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 am

My only regret is not living longer to have an epic alliance with Q. Snake didn't post my full power up there, so I'll explain it a little better. I was Warchamp, and because EVERYONE wanted my amazing signatures, I could align with anyone. I chose Q because I still love that epic Mafia we had going on game 4 when we almost won. I learned he was a cop and became a townie, and I also got the power to give someone a 50% chance of using the power on themselves. I used it on Fedaykin the one night I got to use it, I don't even remember why, lol, and I lol'd when I found out I just used my power on my own role.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:10 am

Wow,I'm actually on the winning team.Really,I thought the town would manage to lose this.All in all,this game was mindfucking-tastic,too bad I couldn't help the masons more.But getting killed by myself was a nice touch,too Razz Also,thanks again to Snake to post that post-mortem scene,I enjoyed writing it!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:15 am

Oh yeah, this bothered me: Snake, why'd you tell Minby I was the cop instead of the doctor? It made me wonder if Minby really was on my side for a few hours towards the end of Day 1, something that was expanded upon when I told him that I suspected Spontaneous and Avalanche, and he said to wait until Day 2 to bring those suspicions out Razz.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:42 am

SnakeInABox wrote:The Cult

Viero - He was Ansem, Leader of the Cult. He could not be lynched. Thats really all that hapened with him. Other that Avalanche playing him for what he was worth. lololol

Well fuck you too.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Viero wrote:

Viero - He was Ansem, Leader of the Cult. He could not be lynched. Thats really all that hapened with him. Other that Avalanche playing him for what he was worth. lololol

Well fuck you too.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:16 pm

night one I scanned Weldar no i know that I scanned myself Night one Interesting how some of us used our respective perwers on our selfs

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

smashbro wrote:
Dang, and I thought it was just Raya that wanted me dead. Ah well, good thing I never had to claim.

I actually wanted to contact you and build up an alliance before stabbing you in the back again. Mainly because your reaction would have been absolutely fantastic. The idea got scrapped when you were gunning for me from day one. Shame, that would have been helluva fun. You'd never trust me again, but by God would it have been hilarious.

The reason I died so early was because Omicron got his roles mixed up. I spoke the truth, I never claimed I was the detective. Omi got spy and detective mixed up and Smash never bothered to correct him, using it to get me lynched. It would have been nice to have the epic debate with Smash. Wonder how it would have turned out?

Also I never got that, ahem, 'massage' from DRTJR. Was one of you bullshitting or did I just not receive it?

The roles were fun and creative, but I think they were slightly unbalanced in some respects. I was honestly surprised when Snake PM'd me Smash's role that he'd put it in. The strongest power in mafia isn't killing or scanning, it's knowing the truth. If he'd abused that Smash could have easily steamrolled the game (he's a good player, he'd have got round the restrictions). Although I did think it was rather apt that the King is the last survivor. Also, since the game was a bit mad, it was a nice break. Q's game especially was very heavy and intense, so a bit of randomness and humour was refreshing. TJ in heels is still making me laugh.

Sadly the mafia never fully got up to speed, especially with whatever the fuck happened at the end. Meh, maybe next time. We hopefully put up a decent fight at least.

btw, my death speech? That was from my first post on the mafia forum Wink

Oh, a thing about the last action not being performed mechanic- a good idea, but I think it should only apply at the start of the game. When it gets down to the wire every action counts, so it can seriously kneecap someone's strategy. It's also unfair if someone has to be away from the computer for a while. So I think that future games should keep the rule. but perhaps scrap it once half the players are dead.

Here's the mafia forum. Not sure if you can see it without registering though.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Quaetman wrote:Great game, all! War, you played well but I have to say claiming to be a vigilante and then saying you were purposefully killing whoever voted first each day wasn't a great strategy. Sorry for attempting to blackmail you, at that point I was afraid that I would be double-targeted (one by the mafia for bringing down their don and another by you since you would think your cover was blown after Omicron died), and I didn't want to flip cultist, which would have ruined everything I was trying to say (and stuck me on a losing team).

I said it to smash when I worked with him and I said it to the mafia when I formed my alliance with them, I was happy taking a second place finish, would have done the same with the masons.

Problem is, Smash got a hold of me and told me that you guys were going to double cross me in the day and get me lynched. That is the sole reason I switched my kill.

Hilariously enough, I switched my kill off of smashbro, which if I read correctly, he would have died that night.

The only reason I'm annoyed with second place right now is because I literally lost by seconds.

Raya wrote:Sadly the mafia never fully got up to speed, especially with whatever the fuck happened at the end. Meh, maybe next time. We hopefully put up a decent fight at least.

I was planning to double cross you guys from the start, when Green found me and decided to join me as a killer it was the night after Relm had one-shot DarkFalco. So I told green to kill one mafia and I killed the other.

Also, Evil League of Evil was awesome

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:47 pm

That was a really fun game, I just wish I had stayed townie (In my mind I still count as one, so nyeh).

I never did really get much action aside from being a target. Next round I hope to do better (Or host Wink )

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Raya, to be fair, I suspected you even before smash sent his PM to me. The second you sent me that fruit basket PM I noticed you were lying about your power. You also said that there were two mafians dead when at the time Weldar was the only confirmed death, and asked whether I was the cop and had scanned you innocent. I had planned to get info out of you through these PMs to build a more solid argument and take you down Day 4. Smash's PM merely made you my top priority instead of himself.

Am I correct to say your Day 4 plan was to point out that I was cultist, Raya? If so, the Quaetam role literally saved my life, because thanks to you shutting me up I would not have been allowed to defend myself, since your accusations didn't exist. Not like it mattered much, I died that night anyhow.

As for the Evil League of Evil, it was awesome and perfectly legal, but it kinda represents a bit of a problem in our role-heavy games: Imagine what would have happened in Game 5 or 4 had the third parties all aligned from the beginning to take down the town. I was frustrated a tad with this cause I'd lead the town bringing down a mafian every day (with the exception of Day 3, because Weldar's Night 1 death made up for the no-lynch on Day 1, yet they were able to force a tie on TJ at best. The town won here in the end because such an alliance is full of inevitable backstabbery, but they were completely helpless in the meantime.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Just saw it. God damn it. Had Q protected me night 3 Omicron could not have killed me and things would have been different for the cult.

I got Q in the day that I had died and he already protected himself. I could have done SO much damage to the town and mafia had I been given that 1 night with me not being able to die by vote and night actions. I had a good idea of who was mafia and who was not. War being a killer, Surge and Smash being townies.

Me trying to get votes for me was even intentional. I thought no one would kill me if they thought I was going to get voted off sooner or later. Just enough to when I can get protection.

But all I can really say is. I hate you so much for that Omicron.

lol

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow, didn't except xiaping to actually think I was mafian. Well, I played as hard as I could in the time that I was able to make for this game, and my push was stopped by a few factors coming together against me (smash's information, xiaping being convinced I was mafia, ect)

Good job on stopping me, ELoE, bummer about the whole not winning thing.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Quaetman wrote:Oh yeah, this bothered me: Snake, why'd you tell Minby I was the cop instead of the doctor? It made me wonder if Minby really was on my side for a few hours towards the end of Day 1, something that was expanded upon when I told him that I suspected Spontaneous and Avalanche, and he said to wait until Day 2 to bring those suspicions out Razz.

I told him you were cop? Oops. That was an accident.

King Avalanche wrote:
Viero wrote:

Well fuck you too.

My bad?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Lol, snake, you made up for that by being pretty damn funny and epic in your kills, so I'm not mad at you. Even though it WAS weird that I told him I knew for a fact that he had the wrong role XD

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks. I wanted all kills to be worth something.

Also, I want the next Host to name their Mafia "The Evil League of Evil"

New Forum Meme, everyone?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Why, that sounds like a bully idea!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Or E.V.I.L. Razz

Ahh....Sorry about that for those that understand. Had to be done. lol

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I was thinking of that too. Of course, they're probably referencing Dr. Horrible's sing-a-long blog.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Strangely Snake, that idea amuses me greatly. All I can think about though when it's put like that, is the Legion of Doom.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top