Top 10 Video Games

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Top 10 Video Games

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm

In canvas curse, Kirby was literaly a ball the entire time.

Here's a link to show what I mean.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:14 pm

10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (G-Cube)-Perhaps one of the less conventional choices, I loved Thousand Year Door for its flavor, its story, and gameplay all rolled into one. The game was brilliantly executed. If some of you haven't played this yet, I strongly recommend you do so.

9. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (PC) A Star Wars game, and an entertaining one nonetheless. In addition to the incredibly entertaining storyline, JK2's saber combat in this one makes you just feel powerful. I recently went back and played through the entire game again on Master difficulty (hardest). The challenge simply added to the entertainment. There's good weapon balance, the multiplayer is challenging, and the name character shares my first name Cool

8. Fire Emblem 7 (GBA)-The first FE to be released into North America under just the title "Fire Emblem," I immediately loved the gameplay, and FE7 had a great story. Yes, the other FE games are of note as well, but this one stands out as my fave. I'm currently hacking the game, so that alone should be a pretty good indicator of how much I enjoy it.

7. Starcraft (PC)-One of my favorites simply because it's one I grew up on, although there are a lot of RTS out there I think are better. I don't play hardcore and can't handle the multiplayer online (like with everything else), but I main the Protoss pretty well. This game deserves mention for its epic 2 v 2s when my friends brought their laptops and one particular 1 v 3 I managed to win with a slim victory.

6. Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)-I love Brawl as a go-to game when I have two or three friends over, and while I can get bored of it after a couple hours, it still has never bored me on the long term. In Melee I mained Link and Doctor Mario. In Brawl I main Lucario and Marth. Ganon's one of my favorites in both, although not nearly my best.

5. Black and White (PC)-For those of you who've never heard of it, the premise is playing God in a polytheistic world. The sequel was alright as well, but to me there's no comparison. I can't quite explain how awesome it is to teach your creature Explosion Extreme and just letting it completely destroy everything through giant beams of death. Omnipotence is fun!

4. Command and Conquer Generals & Zero Hour (PC)- If I could I'd give #3 to the whole series. The Tiberium games and Generals have been my favorite, but that's mostly cause I've played Red Alert a lot less. Renegade, the series' one FPS, is also of note. Generals and the expansion Zero Hour, while unusual in C&C terms, are actually one of my all-time favorite and most proficient games. I grew to use the Airforce and infantry Generals like a boss. So out of these, I actually give Zero Hour the #3 spot.

3. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PC)-Battlefield, Star Wars style. An odd choice, but this stands out as my favorite shooter of all time. I played with all my friends but one in particular deserves mention, because there was a long period in which all our battles were intense and completely memorable. See I play as the sharpshooters but, in addition to sniping, use them as normal soldiers, dodging around and no-scoping people in the face, occasionally switching to my pistol to finish the job (that or going for the precision pistol.) My friend, on the other hand, played all rockets. Completely the opposite of my style. As I got better at no-scoping I began to overtake him, but there was a long while where we were really even, and every battle was intense. I've had so many memories with this game, and almost wanted to put it first, but...

2. Civilization 4 (PC)- I've basically grown up on these games, and again would list the whole series if possible. For those who don't know, you play as one of history's famous leaders, including Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, or even Joseph Stalin, and lead their respective empires towards domination, whether by conquest, culture, landing a spacecraft on Alpha Centauri, or some other means. I once modded the game, creating custom civilizations for myself and my friends, complete with unique units and leaders. One of my favorite games ever had me (as Genghis Khan I think) come back from near defeat following a nuclear winter to win on Emperor (one of the three times I've won on Emperor. Normally I play Monarch). The instigator of the nuke war? GANDHI

1. Homeworld (PC)-These games are pure golden. Homeworld is a real-time 3D space combat RTS. The most beautiful RTS I've ever played, and IMO the most strategic. Homeworld 1 is my favorite game hands-down, for both its gameplay and its story, though Homeworld 2 is where my multiplayer excels. I've modded Homeworld 2 and know that game inside and out. I've had several epic games, including near-death close calls with great comebacks that I remember fondly. There are so many games I've played in HW2 that stand out as some of my greatest gaming memories.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:25 pm

TheTJ wrote:In canvas curse, Kirby was literaly a ball the entire time.

Here's a link to show what I mean.

Joking Razz

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Viero wrote:I suppose I can make my 10 most hated list.

10. Dragon quest for the wii. Something mask(good game play but it was SO linear and SO short.)

9.all non mario sport games.(it is a fucking normal sport game.)

8. the new spyro games(easy to know why)

7.Mario education games.(also easy to know why)

6.CoD(yet another bad war game.)

5.Legend of Zelda MM(OK this is mainly because of the 3 day time limit with the long amount of time to do stuff and the difficult level of it.)

4.the new mergaman rpg games.(This is not what megaman is about.)

3. Super mario brothers 2.(1. They copied it from a game called doki doki panic and I REALLY do not like how it plays and the fact that it was a dream.

2. Legend of zelda CDi games(........)

1. Digimon world 4(Holy shit. What have they done to you Digimon!)

Hmmm...i understand why some people don't like MM, the three day cycle, fewer dungeons, but that's really what makes the game different and good, damn good.

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Quaetman wrote:1. Homeworld (PC)-These games are pure golden. Homeworld is a real-time 3D space combat RTS. The most beautiful RTS I've ever played, and IMO the most strategic. Homeworld 1 is my favorite game hands-down, for both its gameplay and its story, though Homeworld 2 is where my multiplayer excels. I've modded Homeworld 2 and know that game inside and out. I've had several epic games, including near-death close calls with great comebacks that I remember fondly. There are so many games I've played in HW2 that stand out as some of my greatest gaming memories.

I really liked this game, although the single player got a TAD boring for me after a while. I didn't try multiplayer much; my family disliked the game, and I played online once to get yelled at for my newbishness and then I just got destroyed (as a young child, I hadn't learned how to handle this quite yet).

I never tried HW2, but I adored the ease of 3-dimensional movement. My favorite thing to do was just to send a bunch of ships into a firefight, and then 3rd-person view a single ship as it flew through a frenzy of lasers, explosions, and bullets.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:27 am

Viero wrote:
5.Legend of Zelda MM(OK this is mainly because of the 3 day time limit with the long amount of time to do stuff and the difficult level of it.)

3. Super mario brothers 2.(1. They copied it from a game called doki doki panic and I REALLY do not like how it plays and the fact that it was a dream.

Wtf? Since when is "the difficult level" a problem? And who cares if they changed the sprites from Doki Doki Panic? That's not a flaw. And who the hell is "Mergaman"?

Anyway, my top 10 favourite is this:

1. Mother 3 and Earthbound - Amazing games. Funny, touching, quirky, unique. EarthBound fills me with nostalgia like no other game and Mother 3 just has an amazing storyline and great gameplay.

2. Super Mario RPG - The best Mario game ever. Not much needs to be said, this game is just incredible.

3. Super Mario All-Stars - The best Mario platformer game (especially for Lost Levels and SMB3). If the games were all standalone though, that crown would go to...

4. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 - I couldn't split them up. They're both so amazing, but I think 2 may be a bit better.

5. Chrono Trigger - I guess I'm a SNES RPG guy. Another amazing game here, enough said.

6. The Legend of Zelda: OOT, ALTTP, TP and MM - All four of these Zelda games are incredible. I couldn't pick between them.

7. Resident Evil 4 - I'm not a big Resident Evil fan, but this is an amazing game. RE5 was awesome too, but I don't think it could replicate the perfection of RE4.

8. Donkey Kong Country series - Especially DKC2. Awesome games, and while you're at it, you may as well add DK64, Banjo 1 and Tooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day in with this one.

9. Oblivion and Fallout 3 - I love both these RPGs. I couldn't pick between the two with much accuracy, but off the top of my head, I probably prefer Fallout 3. I need to play Morrowind some time, cause I heard its even better than Oblivion.

10. Super Smash Bros series - All three are incredible games. People argue over this a lot, but all three are awesome.

Props to the people who mentioned Pikmin 2 and Black & White, both are awesome and underappreciated classics.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 am

Wtf? Since when is "the difficult level" a problem? And who cares if they changed the sprites from Doki Doki Panic? That's not a flaw. And who the hell is "Mergaman"?
It is when you only have 3 days. I don't like games that force you to rush. I like to enjoy the game and take my time and it is a lot harder to do that when you have a timer. If they left that out I would not have a problem with any of that stuff.

It is a flaw to me because it showed how lazy they were taking a already lousy game and putting mario in it.

Megaman.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 am

I take it you don't like Pikmin (1) either then? I know someone just like you if that's the case. Still, I think Majora's Mask's time limit is very long, and I've never really had to rush except on the Anju and Kafei quest. If you like to explore, Majora's Mask isn't bad for that either, since every time you reset everything comes back, making exploration more fresh.

Doki Doki Panic isn't really a "lousy" game by any means. Even if you don't like it, its not exactly poorly made. I don't see why putting Mario in it makes them lazy. And it's never led to anything bad. Think of all the things it brought to the Mario franchise (Shy Guys, Birdo, Luigi's jumping characteristics, Peach's jumping characteristics, etc)

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 am

Actually I did not like it in the past. But I bought it recently and enjoyed it on the wii. Took me a long time to find the ship parts but then again that was when I was younger. Now it is not so bad and I got all the parts by day 20 I believe. OK so I guess it is time to at least try out MM again and see if anything is different like with Pikmin.

But the 2 main places that time fucked me over was that tower where you needed to use the clones to hold the switch down so you can climb the tower(HATED that part almost as much as the water temple in OoT.) And the water temple in it.(Why is it always water that is the most bitchy!?)

OK maybe not lousy but I really did not like the game play. Also that always raised a question with me. If Mario is the jump man. Why the fuck can Luigi jump higher. lol Luigi should have the title jump man. Since you know. Luigi>Mario.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:12 am

Well, to be fair, Lost Levels also had Luigi being able to jump higher, and that came out before SMB2. Razz But Luigi being taller and skinnier, as well as his fluttery legs were both from SMB2.

The Stone Tower can be annoying, but the dungeon itself (Stone Tower Temple) is awesome imo. But the clone-making bit can be annoying, I agree.

What didn't you like about the gameplay, if you don't mind me asking?

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 am

Lol I never really played the lost levels that much and when I did I always picked Luigi so I could not compare.

Isn't that the one with the 3 bone guy bosses? Where you needed to burn the curtain? If so I had a good time messing with them when I was younger.

Like the jumping was weird even for a mario game. Felt like they were on the moon it took so long for him to come down. Also killed me a lot.
Having to pick up the enemies to kill them.
That mother fucking mouser and Wart(Seriously. His own room gives off vegetables that he has trouble eating.)
How hard it was to get extra lives
And what the fuck was up with that bird head?
Also it being a dream. (I really do not like stuff like that.)

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 am

Viero wrote:Lol I never really played the lost levels that much and when I did I always picked Luigi so I could not compare.
Try it with Mario. It's a good challenge. (if you like challenges)

Viero wrote:Isn't that the one with the 3 bone guy bosses? Where you needed to burn the curtain? If so I had a good time messing with them when I was younger.
That's in a mini dungeon just before it. But you're on the right track. The actual boss of the tower temple was two giant snakes

Viero wrote:Like the jumping was weird even for a mario game. Felt like they were on the moon it took so long for him to come down. Also killed me a lot.
Try using Toad

Viero wrote:Having to pick up the enemies to kill them.
Your mileage may vary I guess. I didn't think it was too big of a problem.

Viero wrote:That mother fucking mouser and Wart(Seriously. His own room gives off vegetables that he has trouble eating.)
I guess? Bowser stands on a bridge with an axe behind him lol. Mario villains are just generally stupid (except for some MRPG ones)

Viero wrote:How hard it was to get extra lives
I think there's a trick you can do with a shell, I can't really remember. It might only be in the GBA version.

Viero wrote:And what the fuck was up with that bird head?
Indeed.

Viero wrote:Also it being a dream. (I really do not like stuff like that.)
Stuff like that usually bothers me too, but I don't tend to worry about plot in Mario games much

I felt like making a more detailed response this time lol

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 am

I will try that.

Ya I do not think I actually ever got to them.

OK.

Seems to be diffrent from person to person about throwing and picking them up.

OK. True. Lol I had forgotten about that.

You mean hitting it on the wall over and over? I remember something like that in the very first Mario brothers but not the 2nd one.

Still even if it is in a game not big on story. Kinda feels like a waist of time to me.

I can see that. lol

Well. Starting up MM. Going to see if it is different this time around.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:41 am

Alright cool. Then again, its not for everyone I guess. Just remember to use the Inverted Song of Time as much as possible so your time limit doubles. You might find it more fun then.

I may be a bit biased with SMB2 cause I've never played the NES version. Maybe the 1-up thing really is a problem in that one. I always play the SNES version. But yeah, the trick I was talking about, you just ricochet a shell off two walls and stand on it, and every time it kills an enemy you get more points until it makes 1-ups. But I think it only works in the GBA version like I said.

Anyway, I guess I kinda derailed this topic, huh?

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Quaetman wrote: The instigator of the nuke war? GANDHI

FUCKING GANDHI.

He's such a goddamn warmonger in Civ it's not even funny. I rage whenever he comes up as an opponent because you just know you'll spend most of the game fending off his attacks.

Strangely though I've discovered I prefer playing in the easier settings because the bit I like the most is building up and micromanaging my empire. Plus the computer cheats at high levels, which drives me mad because it's artificial difficulty. It's like getting ready for a fist fight and rather than your opponent being someone with your weight and height it's a toddler with a gatling gun.

Imagine my joy when I discovered in the new Colonization remake I could turn off other Europeons. Hooray, now I can flood the markets with cheap tobacco and steal Indian land without the bloody Dutch spamming me with pirates!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Viero wrote:It is when you only have 3 days. I don't like games that force you to rush. I like to enjoy the game and take my time and it is a lot harder to do that when you have a timer. If they left that out I would not have a problem with any of that stuff.

I see where you're coming from, but I never felt rushed after you learn the song of slow time (or whatever it was. Doubled the day length).

The only thing that DID annoy me was that after defeating a temple and then restarting the day cycle, everything was back to how it was. The second temple became snowy again, and I worked hard to prevent that!
Mad

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredOnTehInterwebz on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:22 pm

I can't really list my favorites without thinking back, and pondering it extensively, but some of my favorites are: Luigi's Mansion (My first game on an actual console) Rayman 2 (My first REAL game EVER) Wind Waker (I love the design and gameplay, especially the Nintendo gallery quest) MGS4 (Only got it recently but it's a freaking MASTERPIECE) Chibi-Robo (I love the characters and setting)and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (EGGMAN IS FRIGGIN AWEOSME)

BoredOnTehInterwebz
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Ya know, I didn't really think Wind Waker would be on so many peoplez lists...

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Xiaping wrote:Ya know, I didn't really think Wind Waker would be on so many peoplez lists...
We are not Zelda Leetists/purists.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 pm

.....uhuh....

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:14 pm

BoredOnTehInterwebz wrote:I can't really list my favorites without thinking back, and pondering it extensively, but some of my favorites are: Luigi's Mansion (My first game on an actual console) Rayman 2 (My first REAL game EVER) Wind Waker (I love the design and gameplay, especially the Nintendo gallery quest) MGS4 (Only got it recently but it's a freaking MASTERPIECE) Chibi-Robo (I love the characters and setting)and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (EGGMAN IS FRIGGIN AWEOSME)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was definitely the best 3D Sonic game. It was some fun platforming (grinding just looked hella cool, too), and the chao aspect was extremely addictive. Multiplayer was also very fun.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredOnTehInterwebz on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh yeah, that was Sonic's best if you ask me, Best Story, Best Gameplay, Best Acting...it just rocked

BoredOnTehInterwebz
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Yea, I liked that game too. But now that I play it. I think it is just childish and I cringe at a lot of it while playing. I just can't play it anymore. But the Chaos were the best part.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Outlaw wrote:Yea, I liked that game too. But now that I play it. I think it is just childish and I cringe at a lot of it while playing. I just can't play it anymore.
Ok, Miss Morgan Webb.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't get your meaning. I am pretty sure I am a Male, and my name is Evan Williams.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top