The alternative end

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The alternative end

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 pm

We all wished a day, having finished a video game, that the end is different.
For what game would have wanted you another end? Me, I chose :

- Fierce Diety Link VS Majora's moon ;

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The alternative end

Post  Relmitos on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:46 pm

If I had to pick something, I'd definitely say Evergrace. It had one of those endings where you go "Really? That's it?" after you've seen it. You see Darius and Sharlene, the two main characters, looking over a cliff, they exchange a few lines, and that's it. I felt so Jilted.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Legend of Dragoon AKA best game ever: While this had a VERY good ending that made me cry. The ending fight itself seemed kinda easy.

To avoid spoilers I am just saying the last boss should be more fitting with this.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm

movie:

Video game:
Always thought Ocarina of Time should have ended like Conan

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:42 pm

there are a few games that I want to see a reversal of stuff. Like, if Golden Sun had the protagonists fail at the end, their quest failed, because they couldn't bear to
Spoiler:
kill their parents to save the world, and get killed by the doom dragon.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:53 am

No More Heroes.

First ending:
Spoiler:
takes a shit on the toilet after defeating rank 1, and gets challenged by a new rank 2

REAL ending:
Spoiler:
takes a shit on the toilet after defeating rank 1, gets challenged by a new rank 2. rank 2 gets killed by Henry before Travis has a change to pull his pants up. Henry then reveals to be Travis's twin brother, seperated from birth and raised in Ireland. He is also married to the woman Travis has been after the entire game

Alternative ending:
Spoiler:
Travis finally gets some and makes another duke nukem forever joke

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:20 am

DRTJR wrote:
Video game:
Link loses the Master Sword to Jay Leno and goes on the "Legally Prohibited From Being A Hero In Hyrule" tour?

Fox
Toad Thug

View user profile http://twitter.com/casualfoxdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I found out that if you get Haar and Jill's relationship to A they get married at the end of the game. I utterly adore Haar and Jill, so I worked my ass off to raise their relationship. It's incredibly hard to do. They're on opposing sides for one, so you have to do some very risky manoeuvres to get them to ally. Then they have so few battles together it's very difficult to get them to A by the end of the game. After blood, sweat and tears I finally managed it. I beat the game. Would I get a scene of them confessing their love? A picture of them getting married? Oh, my heart was aflutter with excitement. But what did I get?

"Queen Micaiah ceded Talrega to Jill. Bearing her father's ideals, she and her husband made the land prosper."

FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

The shit cherry on a crappy ending. Seriously, I put in all that work and all I got was an essay on what everyone did afterwards. What a fucking disappointment.

Last edited by Raya on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:18 pm

DRTJR wrote:

OBJECTiON!

What do you think of the original ending of OoT?

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Appearantly when you get a A support with Soren/Ike in radiant dawn, Soren not only turns out to be a branded.....He turns out to be the child of Almedha and Ashnard.....basically making him prince of Daein AND Goldoa.....sweet deal.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Raya wrote:Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I found out that if you get Haar and Jill's relationship to A they get married at the end of the game. I utterly adore Haar and Jill, so I workd my ass off to raise their relationship. It's incredibly hard to do. They're on opposing sides for one, so you have to do some very risky manoeuvres to get them to ally. Then they have so few battles together it's very difficult to get them to A by the end of the game. After blood, sweat and tears I finally managed it. I beat the game. Would I get a scene of them confessing their love? A picture of them getting married? Oh, my heart was aflutter with excitement. But what did I get?

"Queen Micaiah ceded Talrega to Jill. Bearing her father's ideals, she and her husband made the land prosper."

FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

The shit cherry on a crappy ending. Seriously, I put in all that work and all I got was an essay on what everyone did afterwards. What a fucking disappointment.
I totally agree with you about the endings in Radiant Dawn. RD may be my favorite FE game, but I hated the support system and character endings. All the support conversations were shallow where as in FE7, and even Path of Radiance, the characters had meaningful conversations with each other. Reason why I like FE7's more though is cause you can easily abuse the system by just having certain characters stand next to each other before seizing the throne and spam "wait" cause you build relationships by having characters adjacent to each other at the end of a turn. Easy way to get supporst fast, and for a lot of characters, and they had good conversations with double character endings that meant something for people who care about that kind of stuff.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Viero wrote:
DRTJR wrote:

OBJECTiON!

I thought Link got cheated in OoT, Zelda Obviously has feeling for him and what does she do, SHE SENDS HIM BACK IN FUCKING TIME. not having the two rebuild Hyrule no she send her Mightiest warrior into the past to relive his Childhood I would have Preferred a Conan the Barbarian ending with Zelda as Queen and ruling Monarch with Link at her side.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

That would probably have been kinder to the timeline as well.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't think there was anything inconsistent about the timeline before Wind Waker came, really. Then...it sort of kicked itself in the balls.
Not to hate on Wind Waker, though, because it's still one of the best games ever made.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:29 pm

DRTJR wrote:
Viero wrote:
DRTJR wrote:

OBJECTION!

I thought Link got cheated in OoT, Zelda Obviously has feeling for him and what does she do, SHE SENDS HIM BACK IN FUCKING TIME. not having the two rebuild Hyrule no she send her Mightiest warrior into the past to relive his Childhood I would have Preferred a Conan the Barbarian ending with Zelda as Queen and ruling Monarch with Link at her side.

Fix'D

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:21 am

I think that Wind Waker's ending was epic, but I would have like to have seen the King of Red Lions come and join Link and Tetra in what would become the Phantom Hourglass.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am

A game I found really dissappointing in the end fases, would be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.

It's quite a good game, but eventually after a lot of training your character pretty much jedi-waltzes over anything in it's path.
Until the last boss, which is a ffin godfest of humongous proportions. Taking 2-3 hits guarantees death, and thats not easy to avoid with 3 ffin lightsabres hovering around you constantly.
The storyline of it was pretty ffed up aswell, and too vague for me to remember it properly. All i can remember is that what i thought was the final boss was way more epic than the actual final boss... even though he, again, was jedi-waltzed over.

A better ending would be.... The original KOTR ending, bitch! XD or something similiar, instead of this bullshit and a boss that recquired me to resort to hiding behind a wall so the floating lightsabres couldn't see me, then lure one towards me and finish it. repeat and continue.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

hudsonboy111 wrote:I think that Wind Waker's ending was epic, but I would have like to have seen the King of Red Lions come and join Link and Tetra in what would become the Phantom Hourglass.

but but but then they wouldn't have needed linebeck and linebeck is my favorite character from PH and ST Sad

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 am

I agree completely, KoToR 2 was a bit of a disappointment. It felt like there was a lot to the game gameplay-wise, but the story was just lacking. The ending came kind of suddenly, and a bit too disjointed for my tastes. That said, I DID enjoy the beginning, where you're stuck on that mining facility (I think it was a mining facility) with few weapons at your disposal besides what you pick up, and you're searching for a way out.

Funny enough it DOES have multiple endings though...

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am

Quaetman wrote:I agree completely, KoToR 2 was a bit of a disappointment. It felt like there was a lot to the game gameplay-wise, but the story was just lacking. The ending came kind of suddenly, and a bit too disjointed for my tastes. That said, I DID enjoy the beginning, where you're stuck on that mining facility (I think it was a mining facility) with few weapons at your disposal besides what you pick up, and you're searching for a way out.

Funny enough it DOES have multiple endings though...
The beginning was awesome, imo. The mining facility was well thought out, and all the routes to get about were fun and creative. The plot was well thought out aswell, and the 'translator' droid was awesome XD.

About the multiple endings, I knew there were a few endings you could get with the characters you played, but in the end i think it all came down to the same ending for the main story.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Not quite.

The only difference between light and dark side endings here is
Spoiler:
In the dark side you don't destroy Malachor.

Other than that, they had originally planned a MUCH better ending.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top