Mafia Game 8: Avalanchia vs. The ELoE

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mafia Game 8: Avalanchia vs. The ELoE

Post  TheTJ on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:22 am

Okay Game 8!

Here are the rules.

- 3 PMs per day, these roll-over into night. On a new day PMs reset to 3.
- Actions or posts after "Day phase has ended" don't count.
- When voting, vote in bold.
- Role-claims are legal, but anything close to a mass role call isn't.
- Screenshots are not allowed.

Nights and days will last about 48 hours each.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player list:

1. DRTJR
2. Minby
3. Weldar
4. TD260
5. SnakeInABox
6. smashbro
7. Viero
8. Relmitos
9. Omicron Austin

10. Xiaping
11. Fedaykin
12. LittleWalaLee
13. SurgePox
14. SuicideAngel
15. Spontaneous Combustion/ Camilla
16. King Avalanche
17. DarkFalco
19. GreenArcher
20. barda_ehmos
21. Raya
22. Ansem

23. Warchamp

No one was lynched on Day 1
Smashbro was killed on Night 1

DarkFalco was killed on Day 2
SurgePox was killed on Night 2

Warchamp and Omicron Austin were killed Day 3
Fedaykin and Relmitos wre killed Night 3

Weldar was killed on day 4
Avalanche was killed on Night 4

LittleWalaLee died on Day 5
Minby and Raya died on Night 5

Quaetam stalked the streets of Avalanchia. Things had become complicated. Once things had been clear, or so he had thought. He had chosen sides during the... skirmish. Yes, Snake had clearly been the voice of reason. The rules and ministers handed down by the king were haphazard at best.
Of course, the king speaks for all people. If a king and his people are not of one mind then surely they could not prevail, and isn't that exactly what happened? Of course it was, but that doesn't mean he's right. An entire country could beleive something provably wrong and still prevail.

Quaetam crossed into the park section of town. This really is a beautiful park, and with the night so lovely a lot of people were around. A passing member of the ELoE waved at Quaetam. From a distance it looked to be TheTJ, but for some reason he looked a little fuzzy. Yes, TheTJ wasn't the strongest of allies in the ELoE, but he was the first to
stab our great king in the back. Yes he was the first of many traitors who flaunted the law just because they didn't like it. Quaetman stalked off, his good mood forgotten. All of these ELoE members, walking around as if they had done no wrong! It's despicable, but since the good king wills it, so shall it be.

Quaetman trudged to a long bridge crossing a small pond, still fuming about the injustice of it all. Why
are we just sitting back? We should be working to undermine this great and noble Goverment. Wait, undermine? Noble? Somethings wrong. Quaetam worked his way to a nearby bench. This all felt wrong. Why am I thinking like this? There has to be a reason! Quaetman sat heavily on the bench and Quaetam took a look at the suns last rays setting on the water. Quaetam felt his body convulse and felt a great strain on his mind. Could it be I was wrong? All this time should I have sided with

(Avalanchia?)

(The Evil League of Evil?)

At this last thought Quaetam/Quaetman froze. He fell forward off the bench and his glasses smashed on the wood. Quaetman's lazer vision had been unleashed at last and it's only victim would be his staunchest foe. The screams were heard throughout the town and police and citizens both rushed towards the pillar of smoke. Quaetam's last thought was
Heh. looks like Minby was right. With that the bridge gave way to it's own weight and crashed into the pond with a loud hiss.

Quaetam and Quaetman are no more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Passions ran hot in the Kings throne room. The ELoE were claiming that Quaetam was one of them and that his death must have been some form of hate crime from the still resentful people of avalanchia. The main theory of Avalanchia's people was that two members of the ELoE had waited on either side of the bridge for Quaetman and had lit fire to it once he had taken a seat. Neither side would beleive that this had been an accident, not with the battle so recent and the people's memories fresh. No, this had been done with planning and forethought. "The King should execute Snake!" a faceless voice cried out. There were strong murmers of agreement, after all the ELoE had clearly done it and what do they to but at his command? "I say we make Snake our king!" someone else shouted. There were fewer agreements on this, but any at all were far too many in King Avalanche's eyes.

"Friends!" The king cried, rising from his throne. The mumbles grew quiet, but King Avalanche waited for silence before proceeding. "Truly this is a great tragedy. We all knew and loved Quaet
man and there will be mourning for his passing, but is such violence to be met with violence? Instead let us pray that such accidents happen no more." There was a surge of protests at the word accident, but all were silenced as King Avalanche raised his scepter. "Snake, I know you are here this day. Please step forward and address the people." Out of the crowd stepped Snake, dressed in fancy clothes topped by an even more dignified bowler. "Snake," intoned King Avalanche, "did you, or any other member of the Evil League of Evil, have a hand in Quaetman's death?"

"No."

The room exploded with angry outcries. People at the fore of the crowd reached out as if to lynch him on the spot. King Avalanche nodded to the nearby guards, who formed a line holding the murderous mob back. After a time the king lost his patience. "SILENCE!" The kings shout boomed through the massive room. The crowd froze and stared at their king. "This man is still a citizen of our nation and has given me no reason to distrust him. I shall take him at his word and unless new information comes up I shall rule Quaet
man's death an accident. Now please return to your homes.

As the people left the king took his seat once more and watched them go. After a time only he, Raya, and his usual honor guard were left. "Do you really beleive him? That they had no part of this?" Stoically the king shook his head. "No, I simply do not trust that man. If I were to confront him on it he would claim ignorance and I would have no proof. If I try to discipline him without proof the ELoE will rise in retaliation. I fear this is exactly where he wants us, but that there will be more murders to follow. Perhaps a careful watch will serve to prove his guilt when we catch them red-handed. It may mean the loss of lives, but it will also spell the end to this terrible war. I just pray I am making the right decision."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snake fumed as they left the castle. It was outrageous! After careful negotiations which should have given the land peace, the king goes and kills one of the ELoE! Then he has the nerve to plant people in the crowd to point the finger at him as if they thought Snake had killed an enemy rather than an ally. Then the king had the gall, the unmitigated GALL, to ask him if he had done it! And then he "Forgave" it all as if he had not been the one behind this. To top it all off he insisted on calling Quaetam by the wrong name, just to mock them. That all adds up to one thing, it means he agreed to the negotiations just to force down our guards. He means to take us all out in a similar manner. This just won't do. Reaching into his pocket, Snake pulled out a small device and pressed a button. Soon the members of the ELoE would meet. This affront must not go unpunished.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people of Avalanchia left confused, why had the king just let Snake go? Some shot the villain hateful glances as he passed, but most appeared lost in thought. If the king knew they did it, why did he not imprison Snake? Of course the king knew what was best for the people.... right? Little by little, whispers of unrest spread. If the king would not protect the people at the cost of his own image, then let them protect themselves! The whispers grew to talks, which expanded into conversations, which finally swelled into roars up and down the city streets. They would find the Traitors and hang them without the kings involvement. The townspeople worked themselves up into a frenzy, grabbing pitchforks and torches. They would find the murdurers and bring them to justice!

Day one has begun! It will last until Saturday the 24th at 12:00 AM EST (45 1/2 hours)

Last edited by TheTJ on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 17 times in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 8: Avalanchia vs. The ELoE

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:34 am

I am going to be AWOL for most of this weekend, but let me just get the ball rolling with my normal course of action.

vote: no one

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:37 am

TheTJ wrote:Day one has begun! It will last until Saturday the 24th at 12:00 PM EST (45 1/2 hours)

I think you're mixing up AM and PM. 12 AM is midnight, 12 PM is noon.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 am

You know the drill with me by now, blah blah blah disagree with day 1 no lynch bandwagons. Eh whatever I can barely be bothered to keep arguing this anymore. Vote: Snake

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 am

Whatadick

Vote:Noone

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 am

Omicron Austin wrote:
TheTJ wrote:Day one has begun! It will last until Saturday the 24th at 12:00 PM EST (45 1/2 hours)

I think you're mixing up AM and PM. 12 AM is midnight, 12 PM is noon.

So I did. Oh well, the first post I forgot to put the day it ended on.

Anyway, edited. (I can do that since I'm da host Razz )

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 am

Weldar wrote:You know the drill with me by now, blah blah blah disagree with day 1 no lynch bandwagons. Eh whatever I can barely be bothered to keep arguing this anymore. Vote: Snake

You're acting perfectly normal, but you're pointing it out to us. Sneaky move, or truthful post?

I'm being serious when I say that raises your suspicion level by .1%. I'M ON TO YOU.

I'll wait before making my vote, but it's the first day and not much is likely to happen.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:03 am

Unless we get an instance like game 5 where Snake pointed out Viero, I'm placing the early vote on No One. Again, Friday, not gonna be here.

@Omicron) That's actually kind of a normal move for Weldar. Then again, he usually votes for me right off the bat, but now is not the case if that means anything.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 am

Completly love the opening post TJ

And I can what I normally do, throw a vote in the open in an attempt to get some early information, but....what good will it do, everyone knows everyone is gonna

vote no one.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:37 am

For the bastard backstabing me last game.

VOTE:Avalanche

Razz

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:44 am

Vote : Viero

I don't like insults. :p

Last edited by barda_ehmos on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:56 am

just because i was viero last game vote: viero.

no not really but seriously guys? voting just cause of stuff like that? good way to lose a townie early in my opinion.

VOTE: NO ONEe for now

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:28 am

Vote: Welder.............

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 am

Vote:barda_ehmos his crime Being french.
In America

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 am

DRTJR wrote:Vote:barda_ehmos his crime Being french.
In America
Razz

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 am

I hate the first game day, barring a huge slip up, there's nada to go on.

Vote: No one

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:12 am

Well, this should be a fun game, am I right guys? Very Happy Well, since we have no one to go on, I'm going to vote: No one for now because lynching someone innocent day one wouldn't be very good.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleWalaLee on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:10 am

vote:no one[b]

the reason is because I have no laeds really I've read and read the story line and can't really choose yet need to know alittle more first.

LittleWalaLee
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenArcher628 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 pm

My LittleWalaLee is growing up--I'm so proud *wipes imaginary tear*

She's right tho. No one is suspect.....yet vote no one

GreenArcher628
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Vote: Nobody

I was trying to come up with some humorous first vote, but then you have to remember that even that can and will be used against you.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:03 pm

There's no evidence for anyone quite yet, we'll see what the next day brings

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Tempting as it is to grudgevote, that's never been a good course of action. Let's go with the flow.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleWalaLee on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:41 pm

[quote="GreenArcher628"]My LittleWalaLee is growing up--I'm so proud *wipes imaginary tear*

I have learned fast huh probly because i have such a good techer!! And im trying to learn how to do bold sorry my vote wasnt in bold

Vote:no one

Fixed

LittleWalaLee
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:50 pm

No One(12): SurgePox; Snakeinabox; Smashbro; KingAvalanche; DarkFalco; Relmitos; Minby_Aran; LittleWawaLee; GreenArcher628; Spontaneous Combustion; SuicideAnge;l Raya
Snake(1): Weldar
Avalanche(1): Viero
Viero(1): Barda_ Ehmos
Weldar(1): Xiaping
Barda(1): DRTJR

17 votes total, 5 (TD260; Omicron Austin; Fedaykin; Ansem; Warchamp) left to vote.

Well, it looks like no one has to die today! Very Happy

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenArcher628 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Minby_Aran wrote: Well, it looks like no one has to die today! Very Happy

Good deal! *sage nod* Razz

GreenArcher628
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile