Mafia Game 8: Avalanchia vs. The ELoE

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 8: Avalanchia vs. The ELoE

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Three votes out of 8, huh?

Well, seeing as it's late here (I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, and won't make a very good death post) I will extend the day 24 hours. Please get in your votes folks.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:32 am

well I've juggled the pros and cons and the AFK player will receive my vote VOTE:TD

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm

you live DR....today

vote:TD

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:05 pm

The day phase is over!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:14 pm

TD260 scooted out from under a car on one of those skateboard dealies mechanics use. He had been disappointed in his latest experiment and was feeling kind of down. The flux capacitor seemed to have some kind of affinity towards Deloreans and wouldn't work in any of his robots, so he'd had to replace it. If only Doc Brown had left more precise notes behind...

TD walked up the stairs from the basement, which held his lab, to his house, which held his food. He hadn't eaten in... a while. He got that way whenever he was working on something interesting, he'd forget to eat or sleep for days. Speaking of which, what day was it? He'd gone downstairs on the 7th... But he'd brought some food with him... Better check the date on TV or something.

He walked to the living room, grabbing an over-ripe banana on the way, and turned on the TV. There didn't seem to be anything on but static... Maybe his satalite had been knocked over or something. He walked to the door and opened it to find a city in ruins.

The Palace was in a heap, there were bodies littering the street, and over half of the town had been burnt in some kind of fire. "How, uh... how long was I out?" TD asked no one in particular. His voice cut through the silence in an eerie way. That was the worst part, the silence. It made TD feel as though he were the last man on earth. The only thing keeping this from feeling like the apocalypse was the nice weather. Normally the sky'd be red, but right now it was bright and sunny. Wierd.

TD went back inside, maybe he be able to call someone and try to figure out just hat had happened. He picked up the phone to try Minby, but it was dead. Made sense that the phones would be out with all those fires, but the cell phone towers would probably work. TD pulled out his cell phone (Which he just now realized he could have used to check the date (It was the 15th)) and dialed Minby's number. He waited three rings and was answered by Minby's answering machine. TD hung up and was about to try Raya when there was a knock on the door.

TD went to answer it and found a small group of people on his doorstep. A small man in a labcoat stepped forward and spoke. "Uh, TD? We think you're a traitor. We're going to kill you now. No hard feelings or anything." He then pulled out a large magnet and rubbed it across Td's forehead. TD fell to the floor convulsing. One eye turned bright red and then dimmed.

Across town, the three day old corpse of the real TD260 made a beeping noise. His watch flashed the words
"ROBOT PROXY DESTROYED".

MINDFEAK!

TD260 was killed! He was TD260, a townie Mechanic! Also a robot.

The Night phase has begun! It will last until 12:00 AM Tuesday, or until I get all night actions in.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:27 pm

god dammit... If I had only gotten home to post before the day phase had ended... oh well. until this whole thing dies down, i'm gonna sit this one out in my bunker. I only have a few robotic proxies, you know. they're damn expensive to manufacture. and then, implanting the neural link is a pain in the ass, especially since I can't upgrade it to avalanchian DOORS 7, so i'm stuck with DOORS aspect. Syncing it with the neural transmitters involves WAY too many open doors.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Camilla was watching the door to the studio. She had holed up here when the riots had started and hadn't quite dared to leave since. The radio that the station used to get reports had been left on in the booth and occasionally Camilla would get reports. Why anyone would try to report in this kind of situation was beyond her, but they came in all the same. From what she had heard Avalanchia was all but destroyed, people were being killed openly now, with no trials or reasoning behind it.

The kingdom had fallen amazingly quickly. It had only been... a few weeks(?) since Quatman's death and already it seemed the world had ended. The entire building was empty except for her, as far as she could tell. There was a vending machine she had smashed open on floor six, and a stockpile of sodas in the office of one of the writers. To be honest, it was pretty nice, at least compared to the horrors happening outside.

Camilla threw another glance at the camera. If she were to turn it on, she could reveal what she knew, a lot of the reports began to paint a picture when strung together, but doing so would make her a target. They probably didn't ven realize she was still in her, she could ride this out until no one else was left. But then she'd have to live with the knowledge that she'd not helped when she had the chance. It was slowly driving her crazy. The reports had stopped coming in yesterday and Camilla didn't even know whether or not there'd be anyone to hear her if she did finally reveal what she knew.

She needed to think this over. She walked up to the window and looked out over the town. From this vantage she could see most of Avalanchia, including one area that had avoided damage entirely. This had led her to her suspicions which were only reinforced by the reports. She happened to look down and saw a man walking straight up the stairs to the building. The man was holding an axe.

"Oh, F***berries." Camilla swore. Either he was looting the place, or had come to kill her. She could hear him now, chopping through the wooden doors on the first floor. It wouldn't be long before he broke through those, and then he only had to walk upstairs. Camilla searched frantically around the room for a weapon. She'd been her for days and knew there was none, but couldn't help it. Her searching eyes fell on the Camera again. "Screw it, why not?"

Camilla ran up to the control booth and flipped the switches. The lights came on and the camera's were running. That little "On Air" sign turned on too. Camilla took a moment to soak it all in, it might be the last time she ever saw it, and then ran down to the desk, quickly aiming the camera at it on the way.

Camilla sat down in her normal chair and looked into the camera. "Hello Avalanchia, This is Camilla with the last segment of Avalanchia news. The town is in shambles and the blame lies at the feet of-" The studio door banged open and the man standing there threw his axe, smashing the camera. Camilla gaped in horror as he shambled towards the axe. He'd changed, nothing was left in him but a blind bloodlust. He grabbed the axe, uncaring of the cuts he received from the shards of glass from the lens, and turned towards her. His eyes we devoid of expression as he raised the axe and threw it once more.

Camilla was killed! She was Camilla, the town Crier and a townie!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viero watched the TV in silence. He had slipped into what could only be described as a concious coma. He could feel, hear, and see, but he couldn't move an inch. Luckily this had happened in front of a TV so he hadn't been too bored the first few days but then the TV station had gone out one night while he slept. He had been going mad these past few days. Maybe from severe dehydration, or from isolation. All Viero knew was that Mr. Pumpkin didn't sing no tunes for free.

About an hour ago the static had been interupted by someone. How rude of her to interupt his favourite part of the show. She talked for a few seconds and then the static came back. Wouldn't you know it? Commercials.

It was amazing how long you could survive with no food or water if you didn't move, Viero had lost track of when he had first come to chair land and became king of the straws, but it had certainly been longer than a week. Maybe. Hard to tell, the sun was moving at odd speeds now.

The door chrashed open and a shadowman appeared! He had a shooty-jig! The shadowman looked at Viero and laughed to himself. He said something like "This one's practically dead already." How insolent! Viero commanded his straw army to attack the intruder. What? A shortage of troops? Did you run the recruiters through the kitchen? Yes, yes, very good Lt. Sippy cup. Perhaps the Shadowman could wait, the show was back on!

Viero died of dehydration. He was Spont, the Human Bomb, a townie.

The day phase has begun! It will last until 12:00 AM on Wednesday!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Well, I must say. This has been an interesting game. I will Vote: Suicide

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 am

Suddenly chasing after me despite your earlier claims on DRTJR? Something's going on here
Vote: DRTJR because I don't think you want him lynched

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:45 pm

VOTE: SUICIDE

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Well, we're getting near the end now!

The Day Phase is Over!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Suicide templed his fingers. Things were going so well, this chaos had ensured his "Works" would be overlooked in general, and he had made it very far along indeed. Sitting in his armchair, Suicide turned towards the lit fireplace and chuckled evily. How easily everything had come together, with the focus on the ELoE, no one seemed to care about other parties, so Suicide had been free to act as he wished.

The start of this all, Smash, had been a complete accident. Suicide had simply seen him lying on the street and recognized him. The streets were deserted then and dragging him to the basement had been easy with no witnesses. Getting rid of the body was a bit harder, but hey, that's always been the hardest part. After that the killing just got more and more fun.

Who would be next though, that was the question... There wasn't exactly a long list of victims to choose from, but that was all right, there were always other towns after this. Well, while he was wondering who to kill he might as well plan it. Now let's see... Guns are so impersonal, and he'd already used some of his best stuff on Smash. Well, not the cattle prod, he could still use that.

Suicide got up from the chair and walked into his study. There, he pulled down on a book and a secret passage opened, leading down into his torture lair. Circumstances hadn't allowed him to use it much, but it was still pretty neat to have your own secret room hidden by a switch in a bookcase. Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want one too. Anyway, Suicide went down the stairs and took a left into the "Arsenal". Here he kept all of his tools and weapons used on his outings.

And there was a note lying in the middle of the floor. Cautiously, Suicide went to it and picked it up. The note read: "We know it was you. Signed-The townies behind you" Whirling around, Suicide was just in time to see his Clubba-master-2750(tm) crash into his face. After that, the rest was a numb nightmare. Even so, Suicide took a preverse pleasure in it. He was laughing when one of the townies finally cut his throat.

Suicide is dead! He was Viero, the Serial Killer!

The night phase has begun, it will last until 12:00 AM on Friday, or until all actions are in!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Things were winding down now. Almost everyone had left the city by now. Those with families had gone first, then the rest soon followed. The streets were empty entirely now, there could only be about a dozen or so people left, not including bums or vagrants. Ansem shook his head at the senselessness of it all... He really couldn't remember exactly how this had all been started. Something about a coupon...? It didn't matter, the damage had been done and the city would never recover.

As it stood, Ansem himself considered moving somewhere safer. He didn't know where, but soon the food still in town would run out or spoil, or a gang would form and take over. Really, there's very rarely anything good in an abandoned town. But where to go? Maybe to America, Austrailia, or Canada. Maybe Britain? Really anywhere would do.

Ansem nodded to himself and went back into his house, it was surprising that it had taken him this long to get the idea to leave, or to settle on it at least. He pulled out his suitcase and laid it open on the bed, throwing in clothes and knick-knacks he would want to keep. He also threw in a large pile of bills he had hidden in a hole in the wall behind his dresser. His savings were all in avalanchian dollars, but maybe some bank could convert them.

During all this he felt a sense of rightness. This was a positive move, he was finally doing something and maybe he'd be able to put this whole mess behind him. Soon most of his stuff was packed and he was ready to go. But how? Due to the destruction Avalanchia no longer had an airport or docks, and it would be difficult to find a boat. Oh well, better to be out in the country and hungry than here and dead. With that thought Ansem left.

He was already a mile out of town before he saw the first other person than himself. An amish man pulled up from behind him in a horse and buggy. "It'd be rude of me not to offer someone traveling a lift." the amish man said, "My name's Jethro and I'd be willing to drive you as far as I'm goin."

Ansem was more than happy to take Jethro up on his offer and tossed his bags into the back of the buggy. "Thanks for the lift Jethro, I don't think I would have made it very far by nightfall."

Jethro nodded, "I suppose your leaving over all the ruckus I heard about. Something about a Group or League or something?"

"Yeah, they kinda destroyed the place. We got a few of them too, but in the end, even if they're all dead, I think they've won. They destroyed Avalanchia."

Jethro nodded again. This time Ansem noticed something, a bit of tape behind Jethro's ear. The tape also seemed to attach to his beard. "Yes, I imagine they were a dastardly bunch, too. No respect for people or nature or-" Jethro noticed Ansem staring at the tape. "But then, I suppose I would know about that, wouldn't I?"

Jethro pulled off the beard and slapped Ansem in the face with it in one smooth motion. For something made of hair, it had a pretty good heft to it. Ansem was rocked back and almost over-balanced. He grabbed onto the seat and door to steady himself when he saw Jethro put his hand into his copy of the bible and pull out a knife. He srambled frantically and managed to pick up his suitcase and use it as a sheild. The knife was driven through the case entirely, the tip gleaming wickedly at Ansem.

Ansem twisted the suitcase to break Jethro's hold on the knife and jumped out of the buggy. He hadn't noticed that during the little fight, the horse had picked up speed and he hit the ground going pretty fast. He felt a snap in his leg and pain immobilized him. He lay there, he was too injured to move, and hoped ferverently that Jethro would come back. After a second or two, he felt some kind of rock roll up against him and heard 'Jethro's' laughter as he rode away. Ansem reached for the object, trying not to move his leg. He held it above his head and realized what it was. He cocked his arm back to throw it away, but the grenade choose that moment to detonate.

Ansem was killed! He was Relmitos, a vanilla townie!

The day phase has begun! It will last until 12:00 AM on Sunday. This will be the last day phase!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 pm

"Suicide is dead! He was Viero, the Serial Killer!" This please me very much. ^_^

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Well, this game is coming to its end. Time to do what I should have done a long time ago.

Vote:DRTJR

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:19 pm

ouch...
VOTE: DRTJR

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Woah! I was actually a role for once, cool

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:07 am

My end is nigh my dear comrades we stabbed each other in the back, left us to die and to what did the ends truly justify the means, that my dear friends we may never know.VOTE:DRTJR

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 am

nice death post TJ, i should really stop trusting Amish people

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:56 am

TheTJ, this phase is over. The game has come to its end.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Okay, since you're all in agreement, I'll wrap this up.

DRTJR, Snakeinabox, and Xiaping sat at a small poker table. This was it. All that was left of Avalanchia was in this small, smoke-filled room. The three of them were intent on the others eyes, ignoring the gun in the middle for now. They had to do this right, there was a traitor in their midst. They had tried to argue it out before, but that hadn't worked. The riots had destroyed most of the town and had driven everyone away. So they had agreed, the only proper way to decide would be a deadly game of chance; Russian Roulette.

DRTJR was first up. He picked up the gun in an almost non-chalant manner and pointed it at his temple. "Boom" He said as he pulled the trigger.

*Click*

DRTJR put it back down. He was still acting casual, but a smile of relief was on his face. Next up was Xiaping.

"Look at, this continued long enough! Can not do what we vote just like the normal?" Asked Xiaping.

DRTJR slammed his fists on the table. "Hey! I just went without a word of complaint! If you think you're going to weasle out of this-" He visibly calmed himself. "Besides... We talked about this. If just the three of us were to vote we'd have the traitor voting with one of us, garenteeing him the win. This is more likely to get him than voting would be."

Xiaping nodded and picked up the gun. He pointed it at his face and looked down the barrel. To him the barrel of the gun looked like an eye, as if the gun were looking back at him and sizing him up. Xiaping moved the gun to the side of his head, looking right at it was far too unnerving. He tensed, anticipating the bang he would never hear. Slowly, his finger drew on the trigger.

*Click*

Xiaping took a second to realize the gun hadn't gone off. He was still alive! His arm trembling, he handed the gun to Snake. "Here that you go… Good luck I guess."

Snake looked at him. "Good luck? You realize if I have good luck that's higher odds that you die?" Xiaping shrugged. Snake gave an exasperated sigh and rasied the gun to his own head. He closed his eyes tightly and...

Turned the gun on DRTJR.
*Click*
*Click*
*BANG*

DRTJR lay in a slump, a large portion of his head missing. "See?" said Snake, "That was five, that would have landed on you." Xiaping gave a shakey laugh and the two of them walked out of the room. "Come on," said Snake "Let me buy you a drink."

DRTJR is dead! He was SnakeinaBox, the Godfather!

The Game is over! Writing up final post now!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Snake and Xiaping sat at a bar. The bartender, having long since left town, was not there to serve them, so Snake went behind the counter and got them both drinks. "It really is amazing, you know?" said Snake. "Of all the people to survive this, the last ones I would have picked would be you and myself. Maybe that's exactly WHY we made it..."

"I'm right I happy wasn't killed."

"Yeah, that is pretty great. Hey, a toast to those who've died along the way."

"Yeah, to Fedaykin..."
"... Smashbro."
"... Raya."
"... Viero."
"... TD260."
"... Dark Falco."
"... Barda_ehmos"
"... Xiaping."
"... Surgepo- Xiaping? What-?"

Snake pulled out the bartender's shotgun. "Sorry pal, nothing personal or anything..."

"You do not include/understand! I had won!" Xiaping cried. Snake shot him anyway, the shotgun tearing Xiaping's chest open. Snake didn't care about the noise, who was there to listen? "I... still... win......" Xiaping managed to get out before the life left his eyes.

Xiaping was killed! He was Barda_ehmos, the survivor.

Snake didn't care. He was at last all alone. He had out-foxed them all! He had betrayed the other members of the ELoE to win this, but it had been worth it! With him so consistently pointing out rebels who would suspect he himself was one? He left the bar and walked the streets. It was all his! A bit ramshackle, yes, but it was all his! There was a number of robots TD had left behind which could be repurposed to building the palace back, or harvesting crops. After a while there would be commerce again, trading with ships. It was all over, and yet there was so much to do!

Snake walked toward the collapsed palace. After the tunnels underneath had given way, they had compacted, making the ground much more stable. With the proper work crew this place could be better than before!

Snake walked into his new home, still planning, still schemeing. After all, there really only could be one Snake.

And that's the game! Here are the standings:

First: The ELoE
Second: Xiaping (Survivor)
Third: Townies
Fourth: Suicide (SK)

Thanks for playing!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 pm

I always thought that Russian Roulette was the way I'd go.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:44 pm

In case you guys were curious, Snake was Dark Falco.

But he acted like Snake, and that's what counts...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Fuck yea, Bitches. Last one standing.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down