Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 pm

And now for something completely different, Back to the game! Very Happy

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Game 8: Avalanchia vs. The ELoE

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 pm

do you think this scene should have been cut we where so woried when the boys where writing it.

I am enjoying this scene.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiaping on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 pm

yeah, im going to go make a Monty python thread now so we can go back to th game

Xiaping
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 pm

the day phase write up should totally be a giant Monty python joke.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Well, you've certainly got the right host for that.

I'm a huge Python nut.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:24 am

smashbro wrote:Unless we get an instance like game 5 where Snake pointed out Viero, I'm placing the early vote on No One.

That's the thing though, this will pretty much never happen again. If we just bandwagon no lynch the mafia can easily hide unnoticed for a day in the bandwagon with just about everyone else. Slips won't just materialize out of nothing, you've got to throw around some pressure and see if people react. I really think a no lynch bandwagon is just a waste, you give the mafia a free day, not just a kill but also a day of no pressure on them where they are almost certain not to slip. And in this game with it's lower role concentration and the return of vanillas I'd say a no lynch bandwagon is a worse thing than ever. With less roles we're less likely to get a good lead tomorrow from some sort of power and the information provided by the way the votes fall (especially later in the game when it can be combined with any extra knowledge that may have been gained by then) is potentially more valuable than the life of a vanilla.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:28 am

Okay, stop derailing this thread. If what you're posting is not relevant to this game, don't post it.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 am

The vote is missing: Fedaykin and Warchamp

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 am

Weldar, are you finally a townie, or mafia again?
Weldar wrote:
smashbro wrote:Unless we get an instance like game 5 where Snake pointed out Viero, I'm placing the early vote on No One.
I really think a no lynch bandwagon is just a waste, you give the mafia a free day, not just a kill but also a day of no pressure on them where they are almost certain not to slip.
We also give the mafia a free kill should we miss one and lynch a townie instead, which is more likely to happen.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 am

smashbro wrote:Weldar, are you finally a townie, or mafia again?
Weldar wrote:
I really think a no lynch bandwagon is just a waste, you give the mafia a free day, not just a kill but also a day of no pressure on them where they are almost certain not to slip.
We also give the mafia a free kill should we miss one and lynch a townie instead, which is more likely to happen.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 am

Finally a townie again, it only took 6 games (well okay 5). I know I was mafia every time I argued this case in the past but like I've said my strategy as a mafian is to do what I'd do as a townie. It is genuinely what I believe is best for the town. Yes we are probably much more likely to mislynch and hit a townie but I'm saying that later in the game the information we could see from the votes may be more useful than that one townie, especially if they were vanilla. And the fact is we are wasting a day, day 2 is not that much better than day 1, especially in a game like this with less roles. There probably isn't a huge amount of roles who can gather information, the odds of one of them catching a mafian tonight are fairly low and even if they do they may not claim just yet. At the start of tomorrow we will pretty much know as much and have as many leads as we have today.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 am

Well, shit. It appears I may have to disappear for two days.

No modkilling me, please. I will return. I guess.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 am

tl;dr.

Sorry.

Are you saying we should kill someone just because killing is better than not killing?

I know you pull this stupid argument every game. I am just double checking to make sure I didnt miss-scim.

Voting someone day 1 to see their reaction is Ok. I did that with Viero, and got a Mafian out of it.

But voting to kill, just because is stupid.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:56 am

SnakeInABox wrote:

Voting someone day 1 to see their reaction is Ok.

My point exactly. I'm not some bloodthirsty psycho who just wants to see someone dead here. I'm just saying we should actually do more than just sit on our asses and all pile of the no lynch wagon, it is pointless. Throw around some votes, see some reactions. If the vote settles on no lynch by the end of the day that's fine, I can totally support it. It's just the bandwagoning on no lynch and the totally lack of anything at all happening that bothers me. Look at it this way, most people here wouldn't really consider bandwagoning on no lynch like this day 2. But like I've said before most players won't have any more information at the start of day 2 as they did day 1. Even a cop is likely to have just scanned an innocent after that night. But we actually vote, things actually happen and while we may not always catch a mafain it's generally a productive day. The votes and reactions of people can still be useful later in the game. I'm just saying why delay that to day 2, why not actually start things when the game starts?

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 am

Weldar wrote:Why not actually start things when the game starts?
The first day allows to differentiate the regular customers of the observation with the useless.
Me i am both.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Statistically, it is beneficial to lynch the first day for the townies. Because the lynch is effectively random, there's the highest possible chance of getting a mafian rather than a townie than any other kill. Waiting will give the mafia a 100% townie or cult kill that night, and this slightly, slightly increases their odds of victory. However, it would still pretty much be a random kill.

To be honest, I agree with Weldar because of the subtle statistics, but there isn't anyone in particular I should vote for that looks suspicious, and with a 20 to 1 bandwagon going on, accusing anyone of anything would just bring unnecessary attention to myself.

Also, day 2 can be VERY much more informative than day 1. Last game, Smashbro survived a supposed kill attempt, and much of the remaining days revolved around that and whether Smashbro was guilty or not.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Okay, 1 hour and 20 minutes left in the day phase.

Sorry for the wait, I know most of you had this down by the first couple of hours, but I wanted everyone to have a chance to change their minds.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Yes, too bad we didn't get much information today. But at least no one has to be killed during the day phase, right? Very Happy

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:08 pm

It is good that we have a day phase with out killing each other on day one.
We also got some good Monty python jokes on the first day

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Ok, midnight!

The Day Phase is over!

Writing up death post.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 pm

The townspeople milled about. Sure they had all agreed to killing the ELoE, but finding them was another matter. People called out suggestions and hoped the mob would settle on them, but overwhelmingly the vote went to No One. The giant mass of people all moved of one mind. Down this road, take this left, and soon they were there. Before them stood a quaint little cottage with the laundry hung on a line. Smoke rose from the chimney and two small toddlers were playing with a puppy on the lawn. They froze as the noticed the mob that had gathered in front of their house and stared in wide-eyed curiosity. Some members of the lynching party had the decency to look abashed. Some. The rest surged forward, knocking over the clothesline and trampling it into the dirt. The little girl screamed and the parents ran out. The mother was wearing oven mitts as she had just baked fresh cookies. The children ran to her and hid behind her skirts. They were paid no attention as the townspeople focused on the father. An officious looking man stepped to the front and cleared his throat. "Mr. One, No. We here have decided with near unanimity that you are a member of that vile group, The Evil League of Evil. As such, we have taken it upon ourselves to punish you as we see fit." Turning to the mother, he continued. "I apologize if this causes any inconvienience." With that the mob grabbed No as he tried to cling to his family. They drug him off and turned the corner, leaving his children and wife sobbing behind them.

No One was killed. He was innocent. And a good Father. I hope you're happy.

Night Phase has begun! It will Last until Monday the 26th at 12:00 AM or until all actions are in.

Last edited by TheTJ on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleWalaLee on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:25 am

im so confused im trying to learn what the hell to do but i know the basics but idk the details?

LittleWalaLee
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Smashbro walked up and down the city streets, trying to get a feel for the city. This disguise would fool all those who did not look too closely. A number of men trying to stay hidden were following them. Sure he could see them, but probably only because he knew they were there to begin with. Smash took a turn down an alley. The men didn't follow, they knew they'd been seen for sure, no doubt, but Smash was confident they were finding another route to tail him. He hurried down to the alleyways exit and found himself in the town's bazaar. At most times this was a place infused with energy. A place where one could get lost in the hustle and bustle, occasionally quite literally. But today the was no life to it. Merchants didn't call out to the people, and the people themselves just shuffled in to buy whatever was needed and leaving. Smashbro had heard things were dire, but he hadn't been prepared for this. Imagine, just one death had caused all of this.

Smash left the bazaar and headed to the Avalanchian church. The streets were eerily empty, the only faces seen were those peeking fearfully from second story windows. Soon enough Smash came to the door of the church. At least it had been a church. The large plate glass windows which had been a wonder to see were smashed to peices. Pews which had been handcrafted were burned or discarded. One even hung out a busted window like a Teeter-totter. The large ornate doors were nailed shut and a large message was scrawled in what Smash hoped was red paint. The message read 'There is no safe haven here, return to your own homes'.

"Do you like it?"

Smash whirled around at the sound of the voice. A figure stood there, wearing a large cloak that hid the face. They were also holding something behind their back, although Smash couldn't tell what.

"Yes, it seems this city's people are quite smart. They can tell when there is danger about." Something was disguising their voice, for the life of him Smash couldn't place it. "Even though we hadn't done a thing they knew we were ready to strike. Sad to say that's not true for the king as well!"

With that the figure threw what had been hidden behind them and Smash found a large spear hurtling towards him. "MY LEIGE!" A cry came from nowhere. One of the men who had been tailing him had caught up. The honor guard threw himself in front of Smash just in time to catch the spear in his chest. This impact slowed the spear down considerably and Smash tried to move out of the way. The spear still caught him in the side, likely stabbing into his liver or spleen, Smash could never remember which was were.

With the spear thrown and the job done the figure slipped back into darkness to let the king die. "Oh, I'll not die!" Smash screamed, "I'll not die and see you escape justice! I vow to see you HANG!"

His screaming shot a bolt of pure pain up his spine. His last thought before passing out was that he hoped his disguise wasn't
too good, else he'd be as likely to be robbed as saved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash woke slowly in a dark room. It took him a moment, but he remembered what had happened. Was this place a hospital? No, too dirty for that. Maybe a basement of someone who had helped him.

Smash tried to raise himself onto his elbows, but his side screamed in protest. So he laid down and tried to figure out where he was from his basic surroundings. It's damp so it's likely underground. The walls are poorly made so it's probably not a regular cellar. A dungeon? No, there were no bars, windows, or chains. So where was he?

After a while the door opened and a man walked in. Smash couldn't see his face because he was flat on his back, but the clothes he was wearing seemed nice. "Th-thank you for *cough* looking out for me. You will be rewarded for this k-kind deed."

"Oh, I'm sure I will." said the man, pulling out a rod from a bag he had brought in with him. Now where had Smash heard that voice before? "I'm sure I'll be rewarded much more than you can imagine." The man stuck the rod into the spear wound in Smash's side. Smash screamed in pain, but those screams were nothing compared to what awaited him in the next few hours. The man however, would only chuckle quietly to himself, enjoying his 'reward.'

Smashbro was killed. He was King Avalanche, a townie.

The day phase has begun! It will last until 12:00 AM on tuesday the 27th!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top