Movies and Cinemas

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:09 am

HEY GAIZE, HOW I TURN CUPS OFF.

THX IN ADVANCE.

btw, this troll is even worse than poochy, straight ban him.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:12 am

We've taken care of it. Thank you for backseat modding.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 am

You're welcome.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:37 am

So I just got back from Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Well, simply put. I liked it. As it stands my least favourite "movie" has been Order of the Phoenix with The Prisoner of Azkaban being a close runner up.

Serious spoilers below
Spoiler:
First off, there is NO epic fight like in the book, in fact Bill and Fleur aren't even in it which makes Bill getting mauled by Greyback non existent. Very confusing as there's no mention of the wedding that is Harry's escape in the next book. Also, there is no funeral at the end for Dumbledore which I thought was quite the mistake. It would've made for a much better and EMOTIONAL ending that would build up to the next movie. Overall I enjoyed it, but noticed several things that were scrapped that deserved to be in there. Mainly the ending fight. Also, they added a scene where the Burrow gets burned down. Like WTF? scrap that (as it wasn't in the book) and include some of the fight. I see why it was excused though as they're saving it (hopefully) to go all out in the next one (which'll be 2 movies for the 7th book) Anyways, that's my rant for now. Like I said, I did enjoy it. This was just upsetting.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Never saw they HP movies....for some reason, fantasy of most sorts doesn't appeal to me :/ LotR & HP, just couldn't understand them maybe.....but I did see Fanboys. Heh, the plot, meh....but the cameos were awesome, Jay & Silent Bob FTW~

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:16 am

Sanosukesama wrote:.....but I did see Fanboys. Heh, the plot, meh....but the cameos were awesome, Jay & Silent Bob FTW~
Just saw that movie yesterday, greates movie I ever got out of the bargain bin.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:07 am

Seeing the previews they showed in Harry Potter reminded me how badly I want to see 9, Where the Wild Things Are, and possibly Sherlock Holmes.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taku on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:37 pm

JGH27 wrote:So I just got back from Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Well, simply put. I liked it. As it stands my least favourite "movie" has been Order of the Phoenix with The Prisoner of Azkaban being a close runner up.

Serious spoilers below
Spoiler:
First off, there is NO epic fight like in the book, in fact Bill and Fleur aren't even in it which makes Bill getting mauled by Greyback non existent. Very confusing as there's no mention of the wedding that is Harry's escape in the next book. Also, there is no funeral at the end for Dumbledore which I thought was quite the mistake. It would've made for a much better and EMOTIONAL ending that would build up to the next movie. Overall I enjoyed it, but noticed several things that were scrapped that deserved to be in there. Mainly the ending fight. Also, they added a scene where the Burrow gets burned down. Like WTF? scrap that (as it wasn't in the book) and include some of the fight. I see why it was excused though as they're saving it (hopefully) to go all out in the next one (which'll be 2 movies for the 7th book) Anyways, that's my rant for now. Like I said, I did enjoy it. This was just upsetting.

My least favorite has been Goblet of Fire. I was really bored during that movie. This movie I wasn't, but I still left feeling rather...conflicted. (serious spoilers below!)
Spoiler:
Even though there was a lot of things about this movie that urked me slightly, from burning down the Weasley's house (which they don't even bring up again after the fact!), to lack of more Horcrux memories of Riddle (I was looking forward to seeing Tom's mother and the Guants, which didn't happen) to not having the epic fight (or even mentioning Bill and Fleur which may mean there won't be a wedding in the next movie) and Dumbledore's funeral (as well as a few other nitpicky details, but that's what I get for reading the books first), I must say that I really liked the acting in this movie, especially for Malfoy. I actually liked him more in this movie than I did in previous movies and all the scenes with Malfoy ended up being my favorite parts. I really "felt" for him and you really get just how torn up he is throughout the entire movie; especially in the bathroom scene, when Malfoy has a small panic attack after seeing Katie Bell post-curse. Which is weird for me because I usually hate Malfoy. Tom Felton did a very good job acting as him for this one. Other than that, that may have been the only thing I really liked about this movie, which is kind of saddening for me.

Taku
Riff Raff

View user profile http://otaku-attack.livejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Forgot to post this but I went out and saw the Half Blood prince a couple nights ago. I though it was very well done. A couple scenes could have been better, particularly around the end, but overall I was very well pleased with it. And now I can read JGH27's spoilers.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Aye, it was a really good movie, but imo it focused around the love triangles to much when the time could've been better used explaining other things in the book. I was particularly hoping to see stuff about Voldermort's family, but no such luck.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:47 pm

People get mad at me when I say this, but I did not enjoy the Dark Knight. As a batman film its not that great and as an action film it is mediocre. Acting is average at best for 80% of the actors. And the dialog was forced at many parts. But if the genre was changed from action to drama and if all the names were changed to make it not batman related I would of liked it a lot more than I did.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:29 pm

jumpingwhitebean wrote:People get mad at me when I say this, but I did not enjoy the Dark Knight. As a batman film its not that great and as an action film it is mediocre. Acting is average at best for 80% of the actors. And the dialog was forced at many parts. But if the genre was changed from action to drama and if all the names were changed to make it not batman related I would of liked it a lot more than I did.

You're the 3rd person I know of that didn't care for it. To each their own I guess. I admit I'm not as into it as when it came out but I still love it. This and Batman Returns are my 2 favourite Batman movies.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 pm

[quote="Taku"]
JGH27 wrote:
My least favorite has been Goblet of Fire.

Yeah, I still think Goblet of Fire is the worst film in the HP franchise; hell, it's the movie that effectively kept me from seeing Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince (and possibly both parts of Deathly Hallows if someone doesn't do something drastic soon). I thought the scenes they did include were very well done, but I was annoyed at the fact that they cut basically all of Rita's subplot; I really enjoyed that the most out of any comic relief thing in Goblet of Fire, and the fact that you get literally nothing of her after the first challenge kind of pissed me off.

Yeah. Anyways, moving on from Harry Potter...

Bruno, of course. Yeah, I saw that around a week ago, maybe a little more. It wasn't that funny, unfortunately, and it has less to do with the jokes being in horrible, horrible tasted than it was that some things just weren't funny. Also, because there are some things in there that you'll never unsee. Although, there were some parts of it that were absolutely f***ing hilarious. Psychic fellatio, anyone?

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Oh my god.

I've spent the last ten minutes laughing at this trailer I just saw. I literally have tears in my eyes and I can't stop.
Seriously, you guys have to see this shit for yourself:
ROBO-GEISHA (2009, not yet released I guess):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-gGes6qig&fmt=18
This is the single most fucked up trailer I have ever seen. I'm having hard time writing this because I'm still cracking up. I hope this isn't meant to be taken seriously.

FRIED SHRIMP

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Dear lord man, lol.

that was....i don't even know what to say.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:25 pm

BWAHAHAAHA, I was wondering when this was supposed to come out

I've seen Machine Girl (own it) and must say this is definently must see for the gore and humour.

Also wanna see Redneck Zombies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHA8cspQaA
Might be on the set of a Troma production in January lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Oh my god.

I've spent the last ten minutes laughing at this trailer I just saw. I literally have tears in my eyes and I can't stop.
Seriously, you guys have to see this shit for yourself:
ROBO-GEISHA (2009, not yet released I guess):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-gGes6qig&fmt=18
This is the single most fucked up trailer I have ever seen. I'm having hard time writing this because I'm still cracking up. I hope this isn't meant to be taken seriously.

FRIED SHRIMP
Wow. All of a sudden, most major Bollywood productions have a rival for most ridiculous film ever made... XDDDDDDD

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:13 pm

I worked on a Bollywood film once, "Me & Mrs Khanna"... it didn't make much sense. >>

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:56 am

So I finally saw Gran Torino not too long ago. Fuckin Amazing. Clint Eastwood is a badass. Fist hour and 20 min were hilarious because of Walt's (main character) racism and hardcore-ness, but you see his character change. Then when the plot and mood change, so does Walt's character and lead to an ending my dad and I weren't expecting. Loved the movie, probably made it's way into my top 5...

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Strawberry Ike on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:22 am

I just saw Gran Torino myself. It was a really great movie =D I loved Walt, so old, but so badass. But he did have a soul...That really showed at the end...which, yeah, did NOT end how I was expecting.

Strawberry Ike
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:37 am

soo kinda forced upon me someone made me watch Dogma, a film that dates from 1999. And I was caught off guard by the quick witted humor, the Jay and Silent Bob appearances and the obscure bible references.

yeah I had fun

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:38 am

So...District 9.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA&feature=fvw

Seems like one of the more interesting movies this year. Anyone seen it yet?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:So...District 9.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA&feature=fvw

Seems like one of the more interesting movies this year. Anyone seen it yet?
Oh, hey. I just got back from seeing this movie. What coincidence! Smile

As to what I thought of it? Seriously. There's only one way I can express this.

Go. See. This. Movie. Now.

Seriously. It was awesome. The action was incredibly intense, it had an incredible (though slightly depressing towards the end) story, the effects were amazing... Just...

I can barely put how awesome District 9 was into words. Seriously guys. Go see it. You will not be disappointed.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Well, crap. I found out that it doesn't hit the theaters around here until the 28th of August.

I am pretty hyped for this film, though.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Army of Darkness
Star wars 4-5
the mummy
Doom
star trek warth of kahn

DRTJR