Movies and Cinemas

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  SurgePox on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:34 pm

I just saw Ponyo. Miyazaki does it again!

Seriously, it's a bit more childish then some of his other movies, but still was great (for me.)

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Thing (1982)

Post  Entlassen on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Anyone else here a fan of this horror/sci-fi film?

Basically, it's about a group of a dozen or so men living in an Arctic Research Station, completely isolated from all else. Things soon go from boredom to nightmarish as a bizarre alien entity, having destroyed a another research station miles from this one, finds its way into the base and begins to terrorize and consume its populace. The Thing has no true form; it is a disease, capability of rearranging organic structures into fleshy nightmares, to further spread itself. The movie follows these few men in their attempt to survive and destroy The Thing.

Here's a clip for those unfamiliar with this classic.


Last edited by Entlassen on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

This a movie and/or cinematic adventure?

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Entlassen on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 pm

smashbro wrote:This a movie and/or cinematic adventure?

Er, movie. Should have put that in the description (throws in a description, like I should have).

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:27 pm

James Rolfe (the guy who plays the AVGN) made a review about this movie (and other ones) recently (as himself, not the Nerd). Looked cool, but I wouldn't watch it. Not my kind of movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHfT5lYVfU
Here's the review in case anyone wants to see it.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2464
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Entlassen on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Blue Madness wrote:James Rolfe (the guy who plays the AVGN) made a review about this movie (and other ones) recently (as himself, not the Nerd). Looked cool, but I wouldn't watch it. Not my kind of movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHfT5lYVfU
Here's the review in case anyone wants to see it.

lulz, saw that a while ago. I love James Rolfe's videos. The new AVGN ones are lame, though. Bit of a one trick pony.


Also, been having movie nights with some of my friends. We watched The Big Labowski, The Evil Dead, and Falling Down.

D-FENS

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Serras-Kai on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Saw Inglorious Bastards.

It's not (meant to be) historically accurate, but it's damn funny and has some loud, explosive action scenes.

Edit: As a side note, I fucking love the Thing. It's one of my favorite horror films out there- infinitely better than most of the "modern" ones I've seen.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 944
Join date : 2009-02-18
Age : 25
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Entlassen on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:Saw Inglorious Bastards.

It's not (meant to be) historically accurate, but it's damn funny and has some loud, explosive action scenes.

My friend and I have been planning on seeing that; he's going to come wearing his Nazi motorcycle jacket, while I'm going to wear my German helmet and greatcoat.

When we inevitable get kicked out of the theatre an hour into the movie, we're going to leave a CD player under one of the seats that plays an infinite loop of K├Âniggratzer Marsch.

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  DRTJR on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Entlassen wrote:
Serras-Kai wrote:Saw Inglorious Bastards.

It's not (meant to be) historically accurate, but it's damn funny and has some loud, explosive action scenes.

My friend and I have been planning on seeing that; he's going to come wearing his Nazi motorcycle jacket, while I'm going to wear my German helmet and greatcoat.

When we inevitable get kicked out of the theatre an hour into the movie, we're going to leave a CD player under one of the seats that plays an infinite loop of K├Âniggratzer Marsch.
do it
it would be funny and fitting

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  JGH27 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Video or it didn't happen Razz

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4209
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rate the last movie you saw

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 pm

The Fifth Element
5/10
As much as I love Sci-Fi and Bruce Willis this movie was not that good in my opinion. Pretty mediocre dialog and the word "perfect" was thrown around a lot which bothered me.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  SurgePox on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:42 pm

We Are Wizards
8/10
A charming and heartwarming documentary following the phenomenon of Wizard Rock (songs about and inspired by harry potter, for those not in the know.) Follows influential bands to the movement such as Harry and the Potters and the Hungarian Horntails, as well as branching out to a few other important players in the fandom, including, surprisingly, Brad Neely of Super Deluxe. It's probably not for anyone, but seeing as I am kind of a big dork who likes Harry Potter, I loved this movie.


Last edited by SurgePox on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Smashy B on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Gran Torino.
10/10
Already gave my thoughts before, but I'll reiterate. Great story line with dynamic characters. I loved how Walt was overly racist to his neighbors in the beginning and throughout the movie. Some comic relief to compliment the serious underlying tone to the movie. Clint Eastwood was a fantastic actor and the movie steal a special place in my heart for how well it was done. The ending was a twist from what I initially thought would happen, which only made the movie better overall, I think. I could explain why, but no spoilers from me.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:51 pm

smashbro wrote:Gran Torino.
10/10
Already gave my thoughts before, but I'll reiterate. Great story line with dynamic characters. I loved how Walt was overly racist to his neighbors in the beginning and throughout the movie. Some comic relief to compliment the serious underlying tone to the movie. Clint Eastwood was a fantastic actor and the movie steal a special place in my heart for how well it was done. The ending was a twist from what I initially thought would happen, which only made the movie better overall, I think. I could explain why, but no spoilers from me.
I think that movie was more 8/10
then again i rarely give 10's

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Entlassen on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Evil Dead II

Do I even need to comment?

Seriously, if you have not seen the Evil Dead trilogy, then it is now your top priority to go and watch these.

Also:


Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Smashy B on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:57 pm

jumpingwhitebean wrote:Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.
Party in my death hole! (no homo)

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:59 pm

smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.
Party in my death hole! (no homo)
If that means you have not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy you better be currently on your way to a store to buy them all or I will have to put you down.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Smashy B on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm

jumpingwhitebean wrote:
smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.
Party in my death hole! (no homo)
If that means you have not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy you better be currently on your way to a store to buy them all or I will have to put you down.
Umm... I have better things to do?

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm

smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:
smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.
Party in my death hole! (no homo)
If that means you have not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy you better be currently on your way to a store to buy them all or I will have to put you down.
Umm... I have better things to do?
Better things to do than see the greatest movies of all time? I think not!

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 pm

smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:
smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.
Party in my death hole! (no homo)
If that means you have not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy you better be currently on your way to a store to buy them all or I will have to put you down.
Umm... I have better things to do?
You do.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2464
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Blue Madness wrote:
smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:
smashbro wrote:
jumpingwhitebean wrote:Anyone who has not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy needs to crawl back in the hole they lived in and die.
Party in my death hole! (no homo)
If that means you have not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy you better be currently on your way to a store to buy them all or I will have to put you down.
Umm... I have better things to do?
You do.
He does not.

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes he does.

And now, if you'll excuse me, the hole in the ground I've been living into for the past "almost 19" years is kinda messy, and I really should clean it up.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2464
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Blue Madness wrote:Yes he does.

And now, if you'll excuse me, the hole in the ground I've been living into for the past "almost 19" years is kinda messy, and I really should clean it up.
HOW HAVE NONE OF YOU SEEN THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY? THIS IS SHOCKING

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-05-24
Age : 23

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  JGH27 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

jumpingwhitebean wrote:
Blue Madness wrote:Yes he does.

And now, if you'll excuse me, the hole in the ground I've been living into for the past "almost 19" years is kinda messy, and I really should clean it up.
HOW HAVE NONE OF YOU SEEN THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY? THIS IS SHOCKING

Not YET but I intend on doing so

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4209
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:54 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum