The Kingdom of AvalanchiaInABox

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Kingdom of AvalanchiaInABox

Post  Ansem on Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am

You know what Fed, i have had it up to here with your shenanigans, you shady bastard. I'm coming over there and make sure you stay down.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Hey, I was given this job by Snake and the King himself, calm your tits down.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Ansem, you aren't doing a very good job as Minister of Love

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

TD could you put a tracking algorithm in my message box? Avos keeps sending me messages about his desires toward snake.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh come on how can he desire me when I am clearly not a weird alien creature.

(Or his fiance, who is definitelly not an alien creature, and I'm sure is lovely.)

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 pm

"Bloody hell..."

A message is broadcast to every member of the military:

"All troops! Fall back! Defend the important points of the cities, and be prepared. If they're so determined to fight, we'll fight dammit. But in defense of our glorious nation- in defense of the values we hold. We fight for our rights, gentlemen, and will do all we can to prevent them from being taken from us by a load of hyped-up revolutionaries! Lead all the civilians into shelter- I don't want innocent blood shed. I don't want any blood shed, to be honest, but if they're not going to stop, we're not going to back down. I will be around to each city to properly secure the perimeter. Rally, men! Rally! "

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 pm

A groaning sound fills the air as a Police box materializes near the outskirts of one of Avalanchia's cities. Minister TJ steps out casually.

"So, given a couple of days I'm sure clearer minds prevailed.... Or maybe not."

TheTJ heard the sounds of troops amassing and setting up fortifications around him.

"Hrm... Looks like there's going to be some trouble... I'd best pop back and warn everybody... What's today, the 13th?"

He checked his pocket chronometer, nodded to himself, and hopped back into the Box, just before it disappeared again with that lovely noise.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm

You can't do that, it would cross your own timestream!

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Well, if he didn't go back and create the warning, there would be a Paradox technically.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 am

An intentional one, not one made by chancem

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun May 13, 2012 8:00 am

Not at all, I happen to know I was out at the time I arrived.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun May 13, 2012 9:02 am

Spoiler:
Here I've been this whole time not realizing that you guys know next to nothing about my Avos character and the Land of Lardo from which he hails.

Mind you that Avos and Boscow were characters I created from back in high school. I normally go to forums as either Quepton or Solomine or Quepton Solomine, cause that is what I personally use in any RP/story that represents myself. So what I'm saying is that what this character Avos represents, isn't how I truly am it just happened to be the character I chose when I signed up on these forums. Anyways...

Here is what your intel has gathered:

The Land of Lardo is a small temple village on the next island just a few leagues past the Avalanchia coast. The villages legacy is that it is their duty to raise sets of twins that are destined to inherit Amulet of Prophecy and Amulet of Fate. It's always twins cause the amulets are halves that balance each other. The Amulet of Prophecy will give the one that has been chosen prophecies that with each one they fulfill will strengthen the Amulet to try to overtake the other. The same happens with the Amulet of Fate, it will give out fates of people/places that when fulfilled will strengthen it to try to take over the other. The reason that Prophecy and Fate balance is due to Prophecy is geared more toward Wisdom and Choice, while Fate harbors on Power and Force. When one of the chosen has overtaken the other or the other has died they will become overpowered for a few years based on the one they started with and take over the other. Which brings in either Prosperity or Calamity until it uses up the lifeforce of the one left, the amulets then find their way back to the village to be given to the next lineage of twins and start the cycle all over again.

The last name of Lardo is only given to those in the village that are twins fated to take on the two amulets. The middle name designates in the order in which they have been destined. For Avos and Boscow they are Me Lardos, so each vowel (a, e, i, o, u) will pair with each consonants, then the consonants with each vowel. So Avos Me Lardo and Boscow Me Lardo are the 110th that have received these amulets. The next in line will be females that have the middle name of Mi Lardo; a's and i's are always female twins, while e's and o's are male, and having u in the names will result in a boy/girl pairing.

I hope that helps you understand where my character is coming from and what all is going on as to why he is here at this time.

Last edited by Avos Me Lardo on Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot it was an Island nation)

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 am

StuckInABox wrote:Ansem, you aren't doing a very good job as Minister of Love

I'm sure most of the ladies in our nation disagree with that.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Avalanchia is an island, a small continent really. This "Land of Lardo" must be overseas. That or in the relatively lawless northern mountains.

Anyways....

Flanked, on either side, by two of Avalanchia's elite commandos, the Great Negotiator walks past the blockade and into the neutral zone surrounding the city. The metropolis sprawls out before him, glistening in the sunlight. From the peaks of the skyscrapers, rebel flags fly, the Avalanchian banner having been torn down.

"Minister of Peace and Technology, patch me in"

With a cackling all of the broadcast screens, TVs, and monitors in the city are cut out, and made to focus on Quaetam as he delivers his address.

"Avalanchians! My people... My friends...

We stand here, now, on the verge of a great civil war. I stand amidst a battleground, a stalemate, one that threatens to erupt at any moment. It is a battlefield of the future, the aftermath of a war that has not yet taken place. And, if this comes to pass, it will be a graveyard.

You, my friends, take up arms to champion the dawn of a new age, the belief in the greater good, in the hope that you can take your future into your own hands, you can rise, and rise again, and cleanse the corruption from the heart of this land. You rise for a noble cause, for one that is just and good: The desire to control your fate, and to better your lives.

Yet you rise in futility; you seek to seize the lofty throne through warfare, through violence. This cannot come to pass. At what cost do you seek to seize the reins of fate? At what expense do you wish to take hold of your destiny? Think of the blood that will be spilled; the lives of millions extinguished, cut short by the ravages of war. It will be a massacre, on both sides, brother against brother. Any land that remains will be a war-scorched wasteland, a tarnished land, a brutal existance that will endure for generations. And the world will be thrown into chaos, whoever triumphs.

But there is another way. We can work together for that brighter future. We can work together to ensure that the fate you receive is a fair one, is one you can work for, one the Avalanchian government can protect. For I, and our King, have always had the best wishes of the people at heart, just as you all do, as I know you must! We can build that new age, together!

Avos, if you see our government as corrupt, work with us, not against us, and help us weed out that corruption from within.

There is still time. This is not a war I wish to see, not a battle I wish to fight. And it is completely, entirely unnecessary, my friends. Stand down, and this house need not be divided. Stand down, and we can prevent the coming holocaust that would be this civil war. Stand down, and no more blood need be spilled, and we can work together for the betterment of this nation... for the good of the people. Stand down, and we can shape a better future, together."

Quaetam stood silent, awaiting the rebels' response.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm

*A camera orb slowly descends in front of the Negotiator*

Ah, grand Avalanchia Negotiator, it's so upstanding a thing to not want bloodshed, isn't it? Working together you say also...let us see. I have seen corruption true, but this corruption has withheld for so long that it still plagues your kingdom. If there was something that could be done together than it would have by now. No, the people press this attack to get the government to truly keep Avalanchia the beautiful land it always has been by getting rid of those that abuse power and do as they please.

You see, I think you remember an old dark evil that has gripped the land of ages ago? Most where here, so it can't be too far past your memory. We cannot stall much longer for it has even tried to contact me, in which it is trying to gear up far more fearsome fates than even I see upon the land. Yes, the Kaisern has approached me! For far too long has she stood over the world like a shadow. As soon as I'm done cleanding our government I'll get rid of her for good, mark my words.

This must be resolved quickly and without further discussion.

Avalanchia faithful! Keep pressing forward, this land cannot stand on shaky grounds! It will be decided soon enough! CHARGE!!!!

*Avos signals his staff forward as revolutionaries open fire on the Avalanchian army and bullets fly by Quaetams head and seen on the monitors he controls. The troops start lofting EMP grenades amidst the barricades and charging forward with high-tech equipment. They are ready to overrun their foes by sheer numbers and righteous force of will!*

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Through squealing static, TD managed to hear that they had EMP grenades.
Where one lunatic had managed to get weaponry like that is beyond me...

TD stood there for a moment, thinking.

A soldier ran up to him, and saluted.
"Sir! What are your orders?"
TD looked at the man, and narrowed his eyes.
"Bring me the Negotiator. He's in danger, and we're going to need more than one tactician on this..."

The man hurried off, and TD turned around towards the nearest radio outpost.
EMP grenades takes out my mech... But will damage their tech too. It's not exactly directional... I'd like to see an EMP stop bullets. I'm the bloody minister of science. Science isn't limited to technology, and I think it's time to let them know it.

---TRANSMISSION---

"All mech, fall back. They have EMP weaponry, and I don't want to lose more technology than I can afford. Machine gunners, get into position. I want the snipers to take as many shots as they can. I don't bloody care about whether a bodyshot is disgraceful, just take the damn shot. We're going low-tech here, so we're going to need explosives. Lots and LOTS of explosives. Flamethrowers. And I'll whip up some acid. We're fighting for survival now- survival of ourselves, and survival of the civilians. I want airdrops of medkits, and some self-replicating medical nanobots. If it's a fight they want, it's a fight they'll get. FOR JUSTICE. FOR SAFETY. FIGHT, TROOPS. FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!"

---END TRANSMISSION---

-The troops let out a great roar, and raise their defenses. With their back against the wall, they're more dangerous than they have ever been.-

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun May 13, 2012 3:04 pm

*grabs some popcorn*

Oh, great program on TV tonight, gotta admit that. Oh, snipers and MG nests, lovely.

Adjutant, Vorbereitung für Projekt Stahlgewitter einleiten. Teilen Sie unserem Partner mit, dass seine Leute den Kopf einziehen sollen. Es wird gleich etwas ungemütlich werden.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun May 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Fedaykin... Do you have some sort of Voltron-like giant mech?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun May 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I guess I could get you one, if you want one. I'd need a proof of villany though, part of the rules, you know.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun May 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Hrmmm. Nah, no thanks, the Tardis is the only thing I need.

Well, the Tardis and Bessie.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun May 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Also, if td doesn't bring WW2 equipment to that fight, his machine guns are useless. Every modern rifle uses batteries to fire the bullets.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun May 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Or a simple alternative being EMP Hardened Weapons.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun May 13, 2012 6:49 pm

God Damn EMPs. Do you know how hard it is to keep records by hand?

*slides back down into completely impenetrable fortress underneath the capital.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 13, 2012 8:22 pm

In these trying times, we need more stuff.

For the benefit of everyone, I am hereby issuing TheTJ as the Minister of Plenty.

theTJ, Make sure there is plenty of everything. Or something.

I think maybe your main focus would be ensuing plenty of time.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun May 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Don't worry, I'm in the middle of a very convoluted plot to make tons of more time.

Also, is there a Minister of "Good"? I feel like we ought to team up.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top