Multiplayer War Stories

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Multiplayer War Stories

Post  JGH27 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd start a thread about playing multiplayer games and the stories you may have albeit bad or good or just bizzare lol.

So here's a few of mine.

Mario Kart 64: Choco Mountain Screwjob
With 4 of us playing we entered the final lap. I'm deadlast and first place has basically got it won. I fire off all 3 red shells I had and they go over the mountain. Suddenly 1st place gets hit with 3 shells randomly (there were 2 people seperating us, so why him?) and when he recovers gets crushed by a rock. Recovers again and gets hit with a spike and after recovering another spike is waiting, but he gets crushed by another rock. Needless to say he lost the race.

Perfect Dark 64: Perfect Sims are Perfect

My buddy and I are in Facility teaming up against 2 Perfect's and are getting owned. So he hides in the room next 2 the stairs that has only 1 entrance and tells me to get there so we can hold them off. Everything gets dead quiet and there's no sign of them. I'm heading there from the otherside of the level and not 1 sign of anyone. I finally make it there and open the door....behind me is a ball of smoke that my buddy saw as soon as I entered and yelled "Fuck" and we were dead. The tailed me with a bloody guided slayer. Never doubt their intelligence lol

Perfect Dark 64: Perfect Sims are still Perfect

It's 4 of us against 4 of them (again in Facility). This time it's pretty much even (we're down by 2 kills) and we're moving as a group covering our tracks the entire time. We decide to head to the bathroom and let them walk into us. We make it inside without encountering anyone which had our nerves on edge. We enter the washroom and nothing. Suddenly my buddy yells "we've been had" and they all had jumped down from the vents destroying us all.

I have many more stories lol, but am interested if anyone else has any war stories lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Multiplayer War Stories

Post  Gorblax on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Halo 2:

Me: *looking at Banshee through sniper rifle* Hey, there's a Banshee headed towards the base... watch out. *banshee explodes*

Guy with rocket launcher: Taken care of.

Me: Whoa! I saw that! You might want to lay low for a while, since you're probably wanted for murder.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Me as Ganondorf, my noob roomate, and a fairly decent Wolf player are in a free for all in Brawl. My roomate picks Spear Pillar, and I'm like, eh, why not. I end up knocking both of them off the stage, and they both are forced to use up their up B's to recover onto the stage. I'm waiting on the platform, and right as I jump up to meet them, the slow motion effects of the level activate, So IN SLOW MOTION, I do a falling reverse Warlock Punch and nail both of them. Epic.

SurgePox, this next one is why you don't play me on Pirate Ship:

Me vs the Wolf player. I'm Ike, and within the first fiteen seconds, I 've knocked him into the air above the water. I use Ike's Aether to drag him into the water, then proceed to use Ike's down arial to spike him to death. Ten seconds later, I did the exact same thing to him off the back. I was so happy.

Halo 3:

My friend was showing off his custom stage to me, so he grabbed a Spartan Lazer, and I grabbed the SWARD. He starts CHARGIN HIS LAZOR while I charge in on him, I jump, angleing it so I'll land behind a random crate when I land. He doesn't notice the crate, and tracks my movement as I fall, firing right as I land behind it. His shot wasted, I run out and stab his ass.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:19 am

It takes superhuman control not to shout SHOOP DA WOOP as you fire the Spartan Laser.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:31 am

Might not be an epic story, but I still found it to be funny. Myself and my two cousins were busy playing SSB64, on Safferon City (sp?) stage. It's war, we're all down in the bottom left portion where the flying platforms are. We all make one heroic leap at each other and......a bob-bomb appears right in the middle of us. Everyone dies, no one gets points. We were laughing a long time, we figured out multiple times that if you want funny stuff in SSB, add a lot of bombs.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:42 pm

In a discussion on rolling for defense in Brawl, a distinguished member of SWF named Rykoshet posted this little gem. And it works beauifully Very Happy I've never managed to land so many Ike F-Smashes of DOOM before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMr2PeDlSo

Mindgames ftw.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:48 pm

This obviously isn't me, but some of the finest multiplayer action I've ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FycI-BCmpuY
be sure to watch them all. Part three is my favorite

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Woo hoo, go Ken! PC Chris rocks the house too.

I love watching these guys duke it out. Ken and Isai team battles are absolutely amazing as well. As a team, those two didn't lose a single doubles match until 2006, I believe. That is pretty damn impressive.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:48 pm

That was pretty fucking amazing. Any Brawl tournament videos?

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:10 pm

I've got your back Gorblax.

American:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECew6wDH98

KETCHUP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K52jbUjpogM&feature=related

Friendlies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ApO0OGnus

(All three of these are amazing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBcoT2SpJgY&NR=1

Japanese: (These guys know how to play)

There's a button on the far right of the video control panel that turns off the comments on this one.
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm5044061

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Let the Brawlfest BEGIN!

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:36 pm

A little while back me and an online friend (pretty much the only guy I ever play against) had a special "Allstar" Tournament in Brawl, here's how it works: The two of you start at the beginning of the roster (Mario) and both battle as that character, the loser then has to move onto the next character (DK) while the winner gets to stay the same, this repeats until someone loses with the last character (Lucas or Random). If you win with a character 3 times you automatically have to move onto the next character anyway. It was great fun, it tests your skills with every character and spawned all sorts of interesting battles, I'd advise you try it out some time (be warned it takes a while. I did it over the course of a month or so). These were some of my favourite matches

Pit vs Falco

This was one of my favourite brawls ever. I was Pit he was Falco, the stage Pokemon Stadium 2, flat stage we both have projectiles, we both have reflectors, the ultimate camp battle. As you can imagine we both took to opposite sides and tried to shoot each other. There were periods of time where nothing happened, we simply stood there waiting, and occasional reflector coming up for nothing, and arrow being shot straight up. Every individual hit was a small victory, it sounds boring but it was EPIC. The match was close, every time one of us died the other died soon after, but then on the last life I managed to take 50 damage before hitting him once. I though I was screwed, being a Pit I really need him to be a higher percent for any hope of winning but I just couldn't make it up. Then I managed to knock him far enough off the edge he need to use his up be to recover using his Up B, I jump off to follow him and when I see the flaming bird coming towards me I decide to block with mirror shield. That was the day I discovered that attacks can bounce off the mirror shield too.

Meta Knight vs Snake

The battle of the top tiers. Snake was my friends self-proclaimed worst character, and it showed. He 3 stocked himself. The best suicide was the last one though, he planted a mine in the middle of Corneria and then ran back to the front of the ship, I hid below the wing. He tried to get me with nitika bout couldn't make it, and it was obvious nades wouldn't work. So we stood there for a while doing nothing then he got bored and charged forward to get me, forgetting about his mine. GAME SET

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Japanese tourney Brawl is much more interesting to watch than American tourney brawl. inb4 weeaboo

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:17 am

Just finished those videos. Thanks again.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 pm

No problem Gorblax. I'm gonna have to try that Allstar tourney Weldar, it sounds pretty awesome.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Now, I see what people mean, Brawl IS significantly slower than Melee.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:58 pm

^Yes it really is. It's my least favorite thing about the change from brawl to melee' Brawl is less competative than melee is. anyways back on topic=

Me and my friends have an in joke that Mr. Game and Watch can use his up B twice. I have, on more than one occasion, been able to somehow use his up B twice without landing or being hit. I have no idea how I've been pulling this off, though I would love to figure it out sometime so that I can learn to use it at my whim.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Wonderful. Just wonderrful Surge. I can make Ike pull out a rocket launcher and blow up half the stage. So there.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:31 pm

haha how do you manage that?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:37 am

Also, the Hidden Palace Zone and the Secret Cow Level are unlockable stages, Kano, the Tails doll, and Pikablu are unlockable characters, the Triforce is an unlockable item, there's a secret story mode where you play through the whole story as Luigi, there's a nude code for Samus, and you can revive Aeris by fully leveling up all your materia.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 am

After rigorous testing, I confirmed of that to be true. You use Ike's rocket launcher by entering the foreward smash command three times in ten frames.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:02 am

Gorblax wrote:Also, the Hidden Palace Zone and the Secret Cow Level are unlockable stages, Kano, the Tails doll, and Pikablu are unlockable characters, the Triforce is an unlockable item, there's a secret story mode where you play through the whole story as Luigi, there's a nude code for Samus, and you can revive Aeris by fully leveling up all your materia.

... Nuh-uh

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:09 am

Spoiler: GENO IS PLAYABLE!

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:11 am

Spoiler: Meowth is playable.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down