Bioshock Infinite

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bioshock Infinite

Post  .. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Ok maybe I am just closed minded but this really made me say, "What the fuck?" RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Apparently... this is a PREQUAL, and is set in the FUCKING SKY. In COLUMBIA.

What the hell? I mean, I wanted more Rapture! Come on!

Piss. Evil or Very Mad

Ken Levine wrote:When we completed the original BioShock, we felt we had said all we wanted to say with Rapture, but we weren’t done with the idea that is BioShock. BioShock is so much more than a story of a single place or a single time. We had so much more we wanted to say

NO. FUCK NO!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioshock Infinite

Post  Relmitos on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Well? If anything maybe it'll go back to being like the first one. So far, to date, Bioshock 1 is the only game I've gotten all 1000 achievement points in. Bioshock 2, I can't get into it. The inability to go back to previous stages, the difference in hacking to where there's almost no point in hacking midfight to help you kill splicers or what not, all those things made for a very meh experience. It was still good, mind you, I just liked the first one so much more.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Good, I'm glad they're done with Rapture, and this new thing looks awesome as hell. Rapture was pretty tied off with the event's of Bioshock 1, revisiting would just be beating a dead horse.

Also it doesn't take place in Columbia, it takes place in expansionist early 1900's America. I would say that the patchword fields at the bottom are pretty distinctly un-Columbian, but I've never been to Columbia.

I am super pumped for this one. Fucking airships? That looks rad as hell.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Also it doesn't take place in Columbia

Yea, I already figured that out. I just never edited my Original Post.

The city is called "Columbia". Not the place where the city is.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:38 pm

OMG YES! YESSS!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I mean, overreaction on the main post by the way, but I think the game will be cool. I will buy it and more than likely like it. But I just really loved Rapture.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:50 pm

After Bioshock 2 was just "more of the same", I think the devs wanted to try something different.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 am

I think its a simple matter of rights and names. They could as well call this '"Floating Fortress, adventures of standard protagonist". But they figured out the bioshock name sells really really well. They will franchise this bitch and make every part take place in a isolated paradise, during or after the fall of the paradise aspect. The creator went on record and said that like final fantasy, the sequels will have very little to do with each other.

I dont know how it is with games, but with movies, if the developper doesnt pop out a sequel every few years, they lose the rights. Perhaps this plays a part too? Iunno.

it looks pretty good, though it kinda reminds me of..... a pixar movie. Look close at the part where the woman is grabbed by the proto-prototype big daddy and tell me Im wrong.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:23 am

I don't think they named it Bioshock just because they needed it to sell well. This game continues in the bioshock universe, and continues the theme of biopunk genetic upgrades, they simply switched locations, which is a good thing, as the events of Rapture were all wrapped up quite tightly, if you ask me. I think this was exactly the right direction to take the series, and the name is just fine.

This did remind me of a certain Pixar movie too, especially with the floating buildings, bright colors, "americana" theme, and how many people cried when they saw it.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 am

You mean Up?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:01 am

Yes.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 am

...What.

Okay. Don't get me wrong. I fucking love airships, steampunk and old-timey stuff, but this is not a lot like Bioshock and they shouldn't try to tie it in with the first one. They'll only fuck up the canon completely by somehow saying that "Columbia became Rapture later" or stuff like that. No, please no. Do not make this city run by Andrew Ryan's father. Do. Not.
Also, I really, really, like the setting but the fact that it's so much unlike Rapture makes me a bit skeptic. I'm not entirely sure this game will retain the unsettling feel of the first and second one.
Firstly, while Bioshocks one and two weren't very close to earth or realistic, I think a city under the sea is far, far more believable than...a flying city. Especially if this is a prequel, what. You should never make prequels way more fantastical than the first one, because it doesn't really make sense. Also, I find it very, very hard to believe that a load of airships like these can exactly work out as a "hidden city". Especially when I don't see any clouds nearby.
Also, I think drowning in a little room is a lot more unsettling than falling into your death, because flying is fucking awesome.

Okay, let's not get that negative. Bioshock does need some change. I still like the art design, but I think they'd be better off selling this with a different name. It will probably be an excellent game, but I have trouble believing it'll handle the same themes or have a similar atmosphere.
Anyway, I'll probably still buy this, either way.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 am

I wouldn't be able to say why, but I think they know what they're doing. Really, I dunno... Just a feeling.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:22 pm

SurgePox wrote:as the events of Rapture were all wrapped up quite tightly, if you ask me.

Not to say you are wrong or anything, but either they never tied this down or I missed it but... they kinda left Tenenbaum off.

We don't really know what happened to her. She just says she is evacuating the "little ones" (little sisters).
---

Also, it doesn't seem to be a secret city.

Ken Levine wrote:You will find yourself in a completely new world. Columbia is not an unknown secret city at the bottom of the sea. It’s a creation of an America transforming from a regional agrarian collection of states into a world power with global reach.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Tenanbaums character progression was pretty clear to me, and I think they did everything they needed to do with her. Bioshock was not all about Tenenbaum, it's about the main character. Tenanbaum did everything she, as a supporting cast member, needed to do.

Also, I would be genuinely surprised if Columbia "became" Rapture. They explained the origins of Rapture in the first two games. I think they are just going to set out to tell a different story here in the same world of Bioshock.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 pm

I am very excited for this new game. Having recently beaten Bioshock 1, I don't feel compelled to play Bioshock 2 yet cause from what I see it looks like it's more of the same, but if Infinite takes a new direction with the series, I can totally get behind that.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimclassic on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:22 pm

That trailer was insane. I am now officially curious. =D

Jimclassic
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.thedeli-guy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:17 pm

If any of you guys had any doubts:

Behold, 10 minutes of gameplay.

And. It. IS. AWESOME!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Okay, that was pretty cool up to the bar scene.

... Then it got AMAZING AWESOME I WANT THIS NOW!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:13 am

Three things I loved about those 10 minutes.
- Telekinetically stealing the guy's shotgun and then flipping it around to fire it back at him.
- Electric Blizzard
- The fuckin mini boss guy picked up and threw the horse. Fuckin lol.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun May 01, 2011 12:21 pm

There really hasn't been any new screenshots or trailers out on the game. I looked on the website and there hasn't been my updated.

I think the game is still scheduled to release next year, if it even has a release date. Last I heard it was next year.

But doesn't it look brilliant? After I got passed the fact that there would be no more Rapture, this game started to look a lot better.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Mon May 02, 2011 12:42 am

I have 2 major issues with this game right off the bat based solely on the trailer. If an article or something answers any of these feel free to post it.

1) How are we still doing plasmid style powers? I'm highly skeptical that they can explain this away without sounding like a lame excuse.
2) I like how we changed tones from extreme scientific advancement to extreme patriotism, but it's still an extreme causing a seperation from typical society and eventually causing the new city's collapse. We haven't really changed anything here.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 pm

In Bioshock Infinite there will be these things called "tears" (not tears as in crying but like a rip in clothing). These tears I guess you could say they are rifts to other dimensions of some sort.
Elizabeth, the woman from the trailer is able to interact with the tears. So around Columbia there are objects you can see. They are white and have some transparency, these objects are from the other dimension. I wouldn't really say "dimension" but I don't know how else to put it. Anyways, she can pull these objects from that dimension into your dimension.

Actually now that I think about it, "reality" would be a better word that "dimension". Anyways the video in the spoiler tag below explains it all.

Spoiler:

Also,

Star Wars reference, haha.

Information from RockPaperShotgun

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 am

2 weapons limit.
Health Regen.

What the fuck do you think this is, Duke Nukem Forever?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:12 am

Whyyyy? I like having my whole arsenal of weapons on me at all times.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top