Any Known Haters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Known Haters?

Post  TheBlackPhoenix100 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi. Do any of you know any people who didn't like There Will Be Brawl? Showed it to my cousin recently. She was offended by a lot of the sexual references, and didn't like it. Anyway, any known haters?

Last edited by TheBlackPhoenix100 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheBlackPhoenix100
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.ultrasupermario.webs.com       www.youtube.com/user/t

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Known Haters?

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Not hater,but a friend of mine doesn't get into it.I guess he didn't understand all of it,he is good in English,but perhaps not that good.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:42 pm

TheBlackPhoenix100 wrote: She, being a girl, was offended by a lot of the sexual references, and didn't like it.
being a girl? i'm a girl, i wasn't offended, in fact i loved the series hence me being here. stereotyping isn't cool

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:42 pm

In all of my promotion of TWBB amongst my friends and family, most have taken to it quite well. The worst I've ever encountered was apathy from my girlfriends sister (who was a total nerd and I thought she would like the sillyness of it all.) Everyone else has been impressed.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm with Surge here in that the worst I've seen is apathy. And the kid expressing that apathy tends to be, well, apathetic in general. Everyone I know who was really into Nintendo in the past quite aptly thought the series was amazing.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:48 pm

One of the girls I met today would probably like until she sees Kirby,then fearquit

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm

TheBlackPhoenix100 wrote: She, being a girl, was offended by a lot of the sexual references, and didn't like it.

Wow. She needs to grow up and not get so butt hurt over small stuff like that.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Viero wrote:

Wow. She needs to grow up and not get so butt hurt over small stuff like that.

Was that supposed to be a joke? Rolling Eyes Cool

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:07 pm

my friends really. more about how I badger them to watch it, and how I still refuse to play world of warcraft then any other thing I guess.

My mate had to admit he loved Fox though. (fox being his main in brawl)

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackPhoenix100 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:53 pm

DarkFalco wrote:
being a girl? i'm a girl, i wasn't offended, in fact i loved the series hence me being here. stereotyping isn't cool

Well, she's kind of moody. I guess that's what I meant. And, I showed it to her younger sister, who's only eleven. I guess that pissed her off.

TheBlackPhoenix100
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.ultrasupermario.webs.com       www.youtube.com/user/t

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackPhoenix100 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:58 pm

SurgePox wrote:In all of my promotion of TWBB amongst my friends and family, most have taken to it quite well. The worst I've ever encountered was apathy from my girlfriends sister (who was a total nerd and I thought she would like the sillyness of it all.) Everyone else has been impressed.

My cousin was apathetic about it too. The rest of my cousins were kinder to the movie, and enjoyed the life the characters from the game were given.

TheBlackPhoenix100
Toad Thug

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:17 pm

I guess you should have some discretion with who you show this too. Not only is it a 17+ webseries, but it's also for an extremely niche audience. I think, for example, my mom wouldn't be offended by the content in TWBB, but I doubt she would enjoy watching TWBB at all. Nintendo parody doesn't really appeal to most people. It's not something that you could really get into unless you at least play or are aware of Super Smash Bros. I kept it mostly to fellow nintendo fans, cosplay buddies, or amateur film junkies.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Yeah. I get apathy in reactions at worst.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 am

I know one guy who didn't like it, cause he doesn't like noir.

I knew another guy who didn't like it, but he changed his mind later.

I know a few people who were iffy about Episode 10. People just need to understand Ep 10's rough development I guess... having said that, its my favourite episode, personally.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:31 pm

I haven't found any haters yet. My cousin thought he'd hate it. I made him sit down and watch it with me and we ended up watching all 10 episodes back to back. Needless to say, he loves it too. I am sure my grandpa would hate it, since it has nothing to do with religion. xD

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LynntheHylian on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 pm

None here yet!

I've shown the series in full successfully to 3 of my friends.. 1 is going to get back to me soon enough about if he's watched it or not..

One of my friends that watched it fully actually stopped at the first scene with peach. He said to me, "YOU WATCHED THIS?!" haha ((I tend to give people a very "innocent" type of face so you see why he would have been surprised! haha))

My best friend sat down with me and watched it back to back. She Loved it! And another friend of mine told me that she had some free time and I told her to watch it. She was texting me for about Red for like 2 hours! haha

And I also have like 3 other friends that are supposed to be watching it but they're being lazy. @___@ They don't know what they're missing!

LynntheHylian
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 pm

LynntheHylian wrote:

One of my friends that watched it fully actually stopped at the first scene with peach. He said to me, "YOU WATCHED THIS?!"

I've heard of someone, I believe on here who said when they first watched it, they turned it off at that scene thinking it was going to be stupid. Then they went back later and found out how awesome it truly is.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LynntheHylian on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Joseppi wrote:
LynntheHylian wrote:

One of my friends that watched it fully actually stopped at the first scene with peach. He said to me, "YOU WATCHED THIS?!"

I've heard of someone, I believe on here who said when they first watched it, they turned it off at that scene thinking it was going to be stupid. Then they went back later and found out how awesome it truly is.

Yup! I asked him yesterday where he was at now and he's finished it I believe! Yesssuh!

LynntheHylian
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top