TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 am

I have CIV IV Beyond the Sword and tried to create a Civ a while ago but with no avail. I figured that there ought to be someone computer savvy enough on this forum that could tell me how to do so on Windows Vista (another reason to love Macs, but that's irrelevant). Please help me!!!!

Last edited by hudsonboy111 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 am

Well, I can handle a modding question Cool

We don't get very many of those on this forum.

First off, the version of windows doesn't matter. The PC version of Civ always sets up the same, and hence the tutorial you follow should apply to any, so don't worry about being on Vista.

Use this link.

Also, modding is a learning process like anything else, so just don't expect to get it right away.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 am

I'll check it out when my PC isn't being held hostage. I honestly didn't expect someone to reply so soon.

And last time I tried it, I couldn't find the C: drive thing, or whatever it's called so I was stuck.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 am

To find the C drive, double click My Computer. It should be a little icon that says Local Disk (C:) or something similar.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 pm

And now I'm thinking of a TWBB Civ hack.

Snake gets to be Gandhi and drop nukes on everyone for no real reason.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:50 pm

I could make that hack in a couple days if I felt like it, or a real community desire for it Cool
However the unique units and buildings would have to use default models. If I wanted to experiment, I could even try to hack in some crazy religions, though I've never tried it before. For example, replace Buddhism with End of Days.

And DRTJR would have to be the nukemonger after his little escapades in the Vaatissimo Rebellion Razz. Snake would get to replace Shaka and be a super-warmonger (Shaka will backstab you if you're FRIENDLY and he sees profit, I swear...) with Imperialistic and Aggressive, and perhaps a third trait for fun (same with everyone else). I could create a "Evil" trait if necessary.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Oh my god,do it! *searches for his CIV-DVD*

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm

*needs to get civ*

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Sweet! If you do it maybe add in something about my role in Avalanchia and my Vie clones? :3

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:00 am

Can somebody explain this game to me in a nutshell? I've never heard of it and reading about it makes me more confused.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am

Viero wrote:Sweet! If you do it maybe add in something about my role in Avalanchia and my Vie clones? :3

Every civilisation gets their own special unit (for instance, the Greeks get the Hoplite, America gets the Navy SEAL etc). I wouldn't think it'd be too much of a stretch to make your special unit a clone Laughing

Omicron Austin wrote:Can somebody explain this game to me in a nutshell? I've never heard of it and reading about it makes me more confused.

You start out at 4000BC as a nomadic tribe and build your first city. The game is you exapanding your civilisation. There's several ways to win the game; be the first to colonise another world, wipe out all the other civilisations, get the dominant culture on the planet, control most of the land etc. In your cities you can build military units, units to improve the land or buildings to make your civ more powerful or efficient. You can even build Wonders of the World to give you massive bonuses. As the game progresses you can research different technologies, and discovering one unlocks different things. For instance, Bronze Working lets you build the Collossus, Robotics tanks etc.

Basically you guide a civilisation for 6000 years. It's great fun, but suffers from the One More Turn problem. No matter how late at night it is, you always think "Just one more turn"...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Alright, if you guys are serious about this, I want each of you to think about is what you want your civilization to be called. I was thinking The Kingdom of Avalanchia could be one, with Raya and Avalanche as two alternate leaders, and the Evil League of Evil could be another, with Snake as its leader and TheTJ as an alternate, as well as the Vaatissimos, with DRTJR. If either Raya or TJ wants their own instead of being alternates, feel free to tell me.

If anyone wants their own, just list the name of your Civilization and what kind of dude you're looking for as a unique unit, and I'll whip something up. Oh, also make sure you list the names of at least six or seven city names. Also, you each need a portrait to use as your leader in diplomacy. Make sure the image is 384 x 512, whether you have to edit it or whatever to make it so. And a flag. Flags are needed.

I can do a quick custom civ mod with relative ease, and it wouldn't have to interrupt my work on the Fire Emblem hack, though I won't be able to do it until next week for the same reason Fire Emblem is going slow-I have AP work to do.

I'd say I'm only gonna do this if you're all serious about it, but that would probably be a lie. I'll probably make this even if only for my amusement Wink. Still, if you're interested, just post the stuff I mentioned above.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 pm

[quote="Raya"]
Viero wrote:Sweet! If you do it maybe add in something about my role in Avalanchia and my Vie clones? :3

Every civilisation gets their own special unit (for instance, the Greeks get the Hoplite, America gets the Navy SEAL etc). I wouldn't think it'd be too much of a stretch to make your special unit a clone Laughing

This pleases me. ^_^

Basically you guide a civilisation for 6000 years. It's great fun, but suffers from the One More Turn problem. No matter how late at night it is, you always think "Just one more turn"...[/quote

yes. I also know about this. Happened to me....25 times last time.....Smile

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Just to help Q out, each leader in Civ has two special traits which influence how their civilisation grows. They are:

Aggressive- Free promotion for melee and gunpowder units, 100% bonus for Barracks and Drydocks.
Creative- More culture per city, 100% bonus for Library, Theater and Colosseum.
Expansive- +2 health per city, 100% bonus for Granary and Harbor.
Financial- More money on tiles that produce 2 coins or more, 100% bonus for Bank.
Industrious- Wonder production bonus of +50%, 100% bonus for Forge.
Organized- Civic upkeep reduced 50 percent, 100% bonus for Lighthouse and Courthouse.
Philosophical- Great people point bonus of +100%, 100% bonus for University.
Spiritual- There is no anarchy when changing civics.

Great People are special units that give you a one-off special bonus when they appear. Since I go for cultural victories I love them, heh. Civics are your government policies.

Pick two of these traits for your own civ. You cannot chose something someone else has taken, nor can you take two the same. Also post some ideas of your unique unit and we'll see what we can come up with.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:50 pm

There's more, Raya. You missed the expansion traits. This is going to be made on Beyond the Sword, by the way. If I'm in this, I'm probably taking Industrious-Philosophical, just to warn you all against it Razz. I may allow people to pick a third for kicks, but that would unbalance them from the AI players. Here's the full list:

Aggressive- Free promotion for melee and gunpowder units, 100% bonus for Barracks and Drydocks.
Creative- More culture per city, 100% bonus for Library, Theater and Colosseum.
Expansive- +2 health per city, 100% bonus for Granary and Harbor.
Financial- More money on tiles that produce 2 coins or more, 100% bonus for Bank.
Industrious- Wonder production bonus of +50%, 100% bonus for Forge.
Organized- Civic upkeep reduced 50 percent, 100% bonus for Lighthouse and Courthouse.
Philosophical- Great people point bonus of +100%, 100% bonus for University.
Spiritual- There is no anarchy when changing civics, double religious temple production speed.

Charismatic- +1 happiness per city, +1 happiness for monument, broadcast tower, -25% xp needed to promote units
Protective- Archery and Gunpowder units get Drill 1 and City Garrison I promotions. 100% bonus for Walls and Castle
Imperialistic- +100% great general appearance, +50% settler production.

Last edited by Quaetman on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Obviously and if it is possible. Evey unit of mine should be green and my unique unit should be the clone

Also since money is green maybe the financial and spiritual since most of my people are clones?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I can't make every unit green. Buuuut I can make you have a green border color Smile

What kind of unit will the clone be? Melee, gunpowder, archer, etc.

And Financial-Spiritual works fine.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Well since my clones came in later same with guns. And to reference the green color guns. Clone Gun Units will work best. Smile And Sweet. Thanks Q!^_^

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Quaetman wrote:There's more, Raya. You missed the expansion traits. This is going to be made on Beyond the Sword, by the way.

Sorry, I left out the expansions because I didn't know if you'd be using them.

I can't decide for me. Creative/Protective is more my playing style, but Philosophical/Aggressive would suit my personality more (fuck yeah university). Maybe the first one, and hope the AI isn't stupid.

Viero, for your clones I was imagining you get them once you discover Genetics, and they have lots of medical promotions, causing them to heal rapidly, to represent the fact more of them keep turning up.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Raya wrote:Viero, for your clones I was imagining you get them once you discover Genetics, and they have lots of medical promotions, causing them to heal rapidly, to represent the fact more of them keep turning up.

I love this. I want this as is. Very Happy ^_^ Nice job Raya. Smile

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Alright, I can make that happen. As a word of warning though, they'll be replacing the mech infantry, and as a footsoldier I might give them one move instead of two, that or make them weaker due to the massive medic promotions they're about to recieve. Only reason I'm compensating is because mech infantry is the strongest gunpowder unit, and Genetics is one of the last techs in the game, so if I had them replace the Infantry you'd have Clones for maybe ten turns. Which would suck.

Raya, I suggest you go with your personality traits. Not to mention Philosophical/Aggressive can be really fun if you love Great Generals. Your call though.

EDIT: Also, Raya, Conquest/Space games FTW Razz Though to me the only victories I NEVER use are Domination and Time. Time because it's limiting (game ends at 2050 regardless), and Domination because it's like a lame conquest. I mean, screw controlling the whole world, we'll just give you the auto-win at 2/3 of it?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm Snake's Right Hand Man,I should be the alternate leader of the ELoE Razz

I'd take Expansive and Organized,seems fitting.

City names...mh,stick to my source material: Arrakeen,Carthag,Sietch Tabr,Cala City...if you run out of names,just call them Sietch Anything ^^

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Well, if you want your own city names, you're gonna have to be your own civ as well. City names are tied down to the civ, not to the leader.

And expansive-organized is fine.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Oh right,I forgot about that.Well,if nobody has anything against it,I'd like to be the alternative leader of the ELoE.I'd also like to use my current av,but I don't have a program to resize it

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

I can handle the resizing. TBH the dimensions on that avatar are pretty good, they just might end up a little stretched.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top