TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 pm

I'd like mine to be the realm of the n00bs. I nominate Perry for an alternate leader. And my special unit will be the newfag that suck for the first battle, but immediately gets a lot better afterwards. So I'd think a great XP boost would cause that.

EDIT: N00bs United is the official name.

EDIT (again): Traits are Philisophical and Charismatic.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Philosophical and Charismatic for King Newbie? I'd say Charismatic and either Expansive or Creative Wink. It's ultimately your choice though.

The Newfag for a unit could be interesting, but I don't think the xp boost is very balanced unless I can hardcode the xp gain into the unit or make the promotion disappear upon upgrade, simply because whatever the Newfag replaces will eventually upgrade into a normal, non-weakened unit, keeping all its promotions including the double xp gain and becoming essentially OP.... ...Unless you have no other combat units save for planes, boats, and missiles, so the Newfag gains power across the course of the game... If you're willing to take that measure and have a 1-class army, it's acceptable, albiet challenging. Even then it can be incredibly hard to balance, since you can only upgrade so far, and making it too strong will be an egregiously bad idea. All in all I'll have to experiment before approving or disapproving this one. A great idea but I want to make sure it's balanced.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 am

On second thought Charismatic and Expansive sounds better. I just wanted more great people Razz

Anyways, the I wouldn't like the Newfag to be the only unit in the game, since I'd have to stock a lot of them in the beginning so they can get better towards the end of the game. But what if the Newfag was a great general or something of that sorts? That way there'd be only one throughout the game.

I got it now! The Newfag will latch onto a unit and receive the unit's xp until it reaches a certain point, at which it will get a lot of upgrades and thrive on its on. If the unit it's latched onto dies in battle, then the Newfag will loose half of its current xp and return to the nearest friendly city.

Now that's just a fanciful thing, but would that require writing over the games original code to make the Newfag do all that?

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:04 am

Charismatic and Expansive it is, then.

As for the Newfag attaching idea, yeah, I'd need to SDK mod to script that. Which I can't.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

Well can you come up with something kick-ass, balanced, and worthy of the name Newfag as a special unit for N00bs United?

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am

I'd like Philosophical - Financial, if at all possible.

Name? I'll come up with one.

What kinds of special units can I pick from? Can I make one that's just a genius and improves economics/technology/etc. but can't fight?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Actually Hudson I have an idea for your newfag unit. You get it when you discover the Alphabet. It's an upgraded version of the militia (the most basic unit in the game), so probably a point or two higher in strength and half the resource cost. So you can spam these cheap units right at the start of the game and overwhelm people, but can't deal with the long game. Much like a real newbie Razz

Omicron Austin wrote:
What kinds of special units can I pick from? Can I make one that's just a genius and improves economics/technology/etc. but can't fight?

All the special units are combat units. Maybe though you could get an upgraded version of the Worker, who improves the land tiles around your city. Improving the tiles increases food, resources and trade, and thus money and science. Having an all-round improved worker might be a bit broken, so maybe one that's damn good at building trade improvements.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:00 pm

I approve of Raya's version of the Newfag unit. A unique Warrior to be spammed would be hilarious, and quite fitting.

Gandhi has a unique worker, called the Fast Worker, which can move three spaces instead of two. I agree with Raya in saying that a worker with quicker production speed would be broken, as well. If possible I'd be perfectly willing to give you a worker that builds resource connecting improvements such as pastures and quarries quicker, but I'm not sure if I can code that. I'll have to experiment. If not, I assume you'll want a backup plan? Would a unique Archer or something defensive do?

Also, Philosophical-Financial is fine.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Thank you Raya!!! I approve of the new Newfag too. Best yet.

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Hmm...

I've never played this, so whatever you guys find most balanced for an economic unit.

When I played Age of Empires, I always shied away from the militant units and focused on economy. Either I got destroyed in the beginning or I survived and ended up extremely well off, so I want that to be my civilization's playstyle.

So, we need a leader name, a civilization name, and 7 cities? (Are you looking for "America" the nation, or "Americans" the people, for the civ name?)

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Civilizations have several titles. Here's how it's basically going to be set up:

Empire name: "The Avalanchian Empire" (I'll actually call it The Kingdom of Avalanchia, but default civs are in "The ______ Empire" format)
Shortened Empire Name:"Avalanchia"
Peoples' Name: "Avalanchian" (for the people)

The leader name is just "Gandhi", or in your case "Omicron Austin" Wink

As for the cities, the more is the better. You don't need seven. But I'd list them in order, starting with your intended capital.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

Well, I think I'll just go lol on these names, because they all sound neat with an "Omicron" in front.

Empire name: Omicronia, the "Omicronian Empire"
Peoples' Name: Omicronians

I was thinking about Omicronasia or Omicronica, but I dunno. What do you guys think?

Anyway, at the moment, I think I'll just go greek letters on the city names. That would be neat.

Alpha (Capital)
Beta
Gamma
Delta
Epsilon
Zeta
Lambda
Omega

Good?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 am

Are you able to add custom music? If so I best the best possible song for me. Smile

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:00 pm

In that case...
Empire: "The Newbie Empire" (actually called N00bs United)
Abbrv.: N00bs United
People: n00bs

Leader: hudsonboy111 / Perrytheplatypus

I can't think of n00bish cities right now, so improvise, please.

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 pm

I apologize for the delays on this. I'm doing parking at a local fairgrounds and it's taking up large chunks of my waking hours, specially since I tend to enjoy the free passes to the fair I get following the parking. Anyways, if possible I'd like you guys to get me some of the following:

A unique unit for Avalanchia and the Evil League of Evil
Avalanchian and Evil city names
The name of Viero's Civilization

For colors, I have a custom green one of my friends uses for Viero, I have a custom darkish blue I am going to use, I have a dark grey for the Evil League. I can easily whip up something for the newbs and for Omicron, but I'd like suggestions.

And again, leader portrait suggestions are encouraged as well. For some of you the avatar will work, for others you'll need something larger/better dimensioned (hudson being the prime example here). The picture should have a base size of 384 by 512.

If you guys don't get any of this to me that's fine, but it's certainly helpful to know what the people involved want. I should be able to make this sometime within the next couple days.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Well, everybody knows me from the forum, so I'd say use my signature (I guess) red triforce (I'll get you my original later) as the leader picture, and maybe just plain white for the color.

You know, like my text.

If plain white doesn't work, then...any color that isn't taken. I prefer red or blue over anything, although black could work if white doesn't.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

How's this? Got an ancient look to it, too.

*totally excited for this hack of a game I've never played before*

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 am

That triforce is both perfect and awesome, I can use it.

For your color, I can easily make a custom one, or even use an already occupied one. To let you know, white is the color for England, black can't be used since it's the barbarian color and doesn't show up on the minimap, this blue is the USA's color, this blue is my color, and this red is Japan's color. I could easily make you a custom dark-red if you don't want to share a color with a different empire.

Will you be wanting a triforce as your flag picture as well? Flags are 100 x 100, and get compressed in-game slightly on either side.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:43 am

Never played it, but read you needed some Avalanchian cities. I suggest:

-Ansemnia
-Mentopolis
-Cityinabox
-Avalanchia City
-Smashton
-Vierovile
-Sahrimcity

something like that?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:25 pm

King Avalanche wrote:Never played it, but read you needed some Avalanchian cities. I suggest:

-Ansemnia
-Mentopolis
-Cityinabox
-Avalanchia City
-Smashton
-Vierovile
-Sahrimcity

something like that?

No Hudsonville? A light green or light purple would suit N00bs United just dandily. And Perry hasn't said anything about being a co-leader, so barda is next up for suggestions.

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Name: the democratic republic of T
Leader DR. T JR.
cities:
Laus
Castle town
Kakariko Village
Mute city
Oakvale

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Avalanche, those work fine, and if you have more that would be great. I think the first part of the Avalanchia thread has a bunch of names, so I'll go look those up. For colors I have an orangey-gold that will work quite well.

DRTJR, you sure you don't want to base your civilization off the Rebellion you started (namely, the Vaatissimo Confederacy, because that sounds pretty awesome?) If not, I'll be fine going with the Democratic Republic of T. Also, what colors do you want, and what should be your portrait?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:25 pm

the Vaatissimo Confederacy ah good times, I'm agreeing with you on this one Q

Also color Purple

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:28 pm

hudsonboy111 wrote:EDIT (again): Traits are Philisophical and Charismatic.

That is exactly what I wanted to choose.

Sorry I am late to the party, I would love to lead the ELOE with Fed as my Alternate Leader.

Evil League of Evil as long name, ELOE as short.

Henchmen is what you call my people. And my flag?
Spoiler:

Yeaaaaaaa.... Anything else?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:57 pm

From you I merely need city names and a portrait, Snake. I have the perfect dark gray (EVIL) color for you to use. And that flag is fucking awesome. You won't be able to read it in-game except maybe on the civilopedia screen but I'll make sure to make it your banner. Because it's awesome, specially with such an appropriate Latin motto.

I won't give you the same traits as Hudson, though frankly I think those ones fit the leader of the Evil League of Evil far better than the leader of the Noobs United, but I'm operating on first-come first-serve here, so unless he changes his mind, what would you want? I recommend Charismatic and Aggressive for your sake, though it's ultimately up to you.

Also DRTJR what do you say to using that thing you posted as a flag with your avatar resized as a portrait? You're one of the few who have avatars that seem roughly scaled down from 384 by 500 pixels and would probably work really well.

EDIT: Derp, Snake, you can have Charismatic and Philosophical, if you look Hudson changed to I believe Charismatic and Expansive.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 pm

OH!!!!

Charismatic and Creative!?

I just notices, not trying to shoot your idea down, but I just notices Creative gives a bonus to theatre.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top