TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Civ IV Hack (Run by Q)

Post  Quaetam on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:11 pm

I still feel you should stick an Aggressive in there, but fine.

Also, note my above edit. If you want Philosophical/Charismatic it's still open.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 pm

I would like whatever you think I should have, Q. I am not going to be a picky man.

If you think aggressive is best, then I am aggressive.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Can there be... three alternates?

I mean, just me as an avatar for the ELoE alt (Or second Alt).

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Of course. America, for example, has Washington, Roosevelt, and Lincoln I believe. You can be a third ELoE leader, unless you'd rather have your own. To vary the traits, I suggest Imperialistic-Spiritual if you don't mind. The main reason being they're traits that have been very underpicked and Spiritual fits your Bowser theme Razz. It's your choice in the end though.

Also, yay, finally reached the 600 post promotion.

Last edited by Quaetman on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Eh, either white or red. Whatever you think, Q. Or if somebody comes up and picks one of them, I'll just take the other.

But...preferably white, because white is just nice.
Razz

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Yeah, Imperialistic-spiritual will do fine.

Also, congrats on 600.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 am

Sorry about getting back to you so late Q. I am making the Flag at school and should be done very soon. And I just need to download some stuff to get my picture done. Which I am doing now. Along with coming up names for cities.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:24 am

Conrats Q! And also, I am not photoshop nor MS paint savy, so me making a banner is a long stretch. I even tried searching n00b on google at size 384x512, but it came up with pictures of converse and a strip tease. If anyone is willing to help, I'll be eternally endebted to you AND I'll +1 you Razz

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 am

How is this? I can reformat it to the right size if you like it.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 am

I likes, though it might not fit well in a portrait layout. If you can resize it to 384x512 without making it look like shit, that'd be epic.

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks for the congrats, guys.

Now, using the Noob Diploma as your portrait is acceptable, but I want to point out that when someone enters diplomacy with you they'd be talking to that. If that makes sense. Technically you could use the portrait you yourself posted here, though that would need massive resizing and is (presumedly) from RL. Go with whatever feels best. And whatever you pick, I can handle the resizing if you need me to.

Also, I'd like to note that I've already added Omicron's civ and my own. All Omicron's needs is a unique unit and a flag. I'm going to get to work on some of the other ones when you guys give me more details.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:45 pm

but I look like a total tool there.
This is acceptable but I couldn't put the show the photo here because the forums are disagreeing. maybe the n00b deploma could be my banner if resized and placed horizontally?

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Well, is there a good reason the King of All Noobs shouldn't look like a tool? That aside, you can use the money shirt if you wish, I could easily manage to fit it in. Your choice though.

In other news, DRTJR's Civ has been just about completely added, I just need the unique nuke (which I'll find a way to make slightly less OP than it sounds, and will make tonight). Omicron's is the same, just needing a flag and a unique unit, since I haven't had time to mess with the worker, and haven't heard whether a Archer or other defensive backup would be acceptable /hint. Both your portraits are pretty awesome, and DRTJR's flag came out great. DRTJR has a light purplish as his color scheme, while Omicron gets a slightly off color white (so it doesn't blend with the English white, and still looks great) I'll look into posting screenies later tonight for your amusement.

I plan to add Avalanchia and the ELoE soon but each have 3 or 4 leaders and as such will take a while, so next up should be the Newbs, once we have the portrait, colors, and flag squared away.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

It might be a bit before I finish what you asked of me. Probably not too long, though. Or whatever. Yeah. College. >_>

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 pm

[right][left]
now all it needs is for somebody to defacewrite n00bon it

HUDSONBOY111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:38 pm

try it.....He'll find you

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 pm

I tried to, but every time it just came out "Awesome".

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Well well well, I've been making progress here. So it's teaser time: Introducing the first almost complete civilization:

The Vaatissimo Confederacy

Leaders: DRTJR (Imperialistic, Aggressive)
Unique Unit: Blightbringer (replaces ICBM)

The rest is rather image heavy and so will be spoilerized.

Spoiler:

Turn 1-the founding of the city of Laus and showcasing DRTJR's colorscheme and flag.

Two identical cities created as targets for a regular nuke and the Blightbringer. The intent is to show the power difference here. Each city was size 20 and given 7 Marines to get damaged. Neither city had bomb shelters.

A nuclear explosion for your entertainment

The ICBM goes off, lowering the city of Aachen to twelve people and spreading fallout to adjacent tiles. Aachen actually got pretty lucky, as two of the targeted improvements survived (a farm and a town). The marines are severely weakened as you can see here, and one dies.

The Blightbringer goes off, lowering the city of Ulundi to a mere 8 people and spreading fallout within two tiles on each side. Two marines die, the rest are severely wounded. Ulundi got pretty unlucky, as most affected improvements were destroyed.

Ultimately the Blightbringer is superOP at the moment, I think I'll have to give it at least double the cost of the regular ICBM, probably more, to make it only OP at a healthy level. But it is quite badass.

Also, I can arrange for making that into King Noob's portrait if necessary. I'll look into it tonight.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:58 pm

If my ideas inspire you, use them, this is just for shiggles.

The Moderator Empire (Organized/Protective)
People: Mods
Leaders: Two ways you could go about this. Make it the active mods (Blue, J, smash and myself) or Mercer and Grafton. You might be able to guess which one I am more inclined towards.

For custom units, I'd be lying if I even know the first thing about this game, you decide. Also, Nukes (banhammers) out the ass in later stages.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:06 pm

SurgePox wrote:
For custom units, I'd be lying if I even know the first thing about this game, you decide. Also, Nukes (banhammers) out the ass in later stages.

Unit: Modsquad
Requisite: Composites
Ability: Ignores all promotions and special rules of attacking/defending units.

The mods know how to cut to the chase. No matter your proxies, no matter your sockpuppets, their almighty modsticks tear a swath through the deception. The Modsquad ignores all promotions and special rules of enemy units.

Say for instance that the unit is attacking an enemy city, and the defender has the City Garrison promotion, which gives them +20% defence. The Modsquad ignores that promotion and combat is done based off the non-promoted stats. Terrain bonuses and whatnot still apply though.

I considered having them reveal/prevent all hidden units (such as spies) instead, but really, that's not going to be of much use...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Alright, bringing this thread back for another preview. Currently most of the civs are basically complete, save for the Guardian Coalition (Surge's), which I haven't dabbled in yet. I'm just playtesting at the moment.

This time I give you:

The Hierarchy of Montastica

Leaders: SuicideAngel (Spiritual, Creative)
Unique Unit: Disciple (replaces Maceman)

Like with the Vaatissimos I'm gonna spoilerize the rest since it's pretty image heavy.

Spoiler:

Again showcasing the color scheme for Suicide's flag and city. Hudson has orange right now but I think I'm going to switch his and Suicides to fir the respective flags better. Also, Suicide hasn't given me any city names yet so the computer went into a database and decided to randomly draw out Tenochitlan, the Aztec Capital.

Showcasing the Disciple.

Here I used worldbuilder. I created two cities, one for the Evil League of Evil (on the right) and one for the United League of Noobs (below, and exhibiting the orange color I mentioned earlier). I created two stacks of Disciples, and gave each civ some Macemen. Note that neither of the other civs have city names either, so like Montastica they drew random capital names. I find it ironic that the ELoE started with Avalanchia City under its control:P I also placed a mountain range above Avalanchia City.

War was declared on both opposing nations.

In this situation, Hudson's macemen have taken up a position on a nearby hill. Attack would be unfeasible and likely result in the Disciples' death (well, in this case they might manage it due to force of numbers-created more than I needed here). Approaching could leave the units open and surrounded on two sides. With the benefit of first strike, Hudson could make short work of them (again, force of numbers would subvert this Razz).

However, Disciples can move 2 squares instead of 1, unusual for a normal melee unit. Thus, this position is quite easily manuverable.

A Disciple was used to kill the maceman two squares south of the group's original position. Note Suicide cheering it on over Steam Razz

The rest of the group was able to skirt around the group fortified on the hill and enter extremely good position to take Berlin.

...Now let us examine the war against the ELoE in the East.

The ELoE has left Avalanchia City unguarded, safe behind a mountain range, and fortified the only easily accessible entrance with a large group of Macemen. At the same time, TJ has moved an army of Macemen dangerously close to Tenochitlan. The nearest Disciples are two moves away, across a river and forested hill. For an ordinary military unit, they would be unable to reach the city in time to save it.

However, Disciples not only have two moves, but can ignore terrain movement penalties as well.

This allows them to reach Tenochitlan to prevent a capture without resistance by the ELoE.

There's one more bonus Disciples have:

Disciples can traverse ordinarily impassible terrain. This, combined with their other traits, makes them an excellent surprise attack unit.

Ultimately, this allowed the units to slip past the large army outside Avalanchia City and capture the city. (Because it was the ELoE's only city at this time the civilization was destroyed in this scenario, and because it was size 1 it was automatically razed)

So yeah, that's the Disciple. A Maceman that can move two squares, and ignore terrain penalties, including impassible mountains. While no stronger than the normal maceman, these traits help Suicide's Disciples gain tactical advantages over their opponents.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 pm

hmm I dont have Civ 4, but I must admit. after seeing these images I am curious how Avalanchia will turn out.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 am

I love these Civ previews. Those Disciples, ouch. Suicide, remind me to wipe you out before you reach the medieval era Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Avalanchia is pretty much ready, all I need is a unique unit. Same goes for the Mabi Bomani Empire, Omicronican Empire, and United League of Noobs, though in the cases of these three the units are WIP

The ELoE is about ready but has a pretty awesome UU in the making...
...which right now is basically the Amazing Worldhopping Nun...

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Uuuuhhh.....can't wait Very Happy

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down