Ni no Kuni

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ni no Kuni

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:15 pm

As a lover of Studio Ghibli, all I can say is
HOLY SHIT IT'S COMING TO DS AND PS3 AND IT'S GETTING A WESTERN RELEASE YAAAAAAAAAY.
also the DS and PS3 versions will be different.

But holy crap. Is anyone else excited for this? I was worried it would only come out in Japan but it turns out they're releasing it in English too. <3

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ni no Kuni

Post  Raya on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I remember hearing about this ages ago and thinking it would be amazing. Hearing that it's coming out over here makes me very excited indeed. Will definately be buying this!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 pm

queen_camilla wrote:As a lover of Studio Ghibli
HHmmmm Studio Ghibli I love you

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Holy epic necro Batman!

The demo of Ni No Kuni is out to download on the PS3. Had a play and I'm really impressed. Visually the game is absolutely gorgeous. The character animation looks just like Ghibli animation and is extremely smooth. The grass moves in the wind on the world map, clouds have shadows and the backgrounds are lovingly detailed. The music itself is definately Ghibli, and even in the starting areas it's a sweeping score.

Gameplay reminds me a lot of the first Grandia, with enemies chasing after you in the map when they see you. Combat is varied in that you can control Oliver or his familiars and switch between the two. Boss fights are a lot like Monster Hunter in which you're dodging round huge enemies to avoid their attacks. Takes a while to get your head round but it's good fun once you've got the hang of it.

Main complaint is the Western release. The DS version isn't getting localised because 'we can't translate the magic book that comes with it'. Yet the special edition of the PS3 version comes with the translated book! Pah, lazy assholes.

So yeah, really looking forward to this game! Comes out in January, will definately be getting it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum