Post  Blue Madness on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Which Mario Kart? Wii?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Multiplayer War Stories

Post  Eiron on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:00 pm

I have loads of awesome replays to put up, but I don't have my SD card with me. As soon as I have it, I'll try and get Teconmoon to upload them.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Speaking of which...

Anyways, this one's old, but we need a bump round these here parts.

So, its me as Ganon, Relm as Link, and Orland as ZSS on Bridge of Eldin. Relm and I, being golly good chaps, get on either side of Orland and break the poor bloke's sheild right next to the far right boundary. So, as is only natural, I think to myself "Great Scott! I think I'll amble over there and Ganon Punch this fellow." So, I walk, as I am in no great hurry, up to Orland and press the B button. Relmitos, being a clever fellow, also must have thought "Egads! This poor chap's shield has broken! I dare say I should smack his face in." So he, in a most amiable fashion, walks up to Orland and begins to charge his Spin Attack. Now, this created quite a conundrum for all three of us, because I, charging my Ganon Punch, could not move away from Relmitos as he charged his Spin Attack. Likewise, Relmitos was trapped in the precarious position of not being able move away from my Ganon Punch. Orland, stuck in the middle, was contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase "clusterfuck."

Now, the rest happened very quickly. Relmitos shouted "God save the Queen!" and released his Spin Attack, sending Oland, who was being rather jolly about the whole situation, into the stratosphere. By some miracle, the Spin Attack's reach stopped just in front of Ganon, who had not yet released his Punch of Epicness. Shouting "EEEOOHYAH!," I sent forth a burning fist of purple rape and smacked Relmitos upside the head, sending him flying off the side in amost spectacular manner.

Its hard work typing in British.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 pm

I think the time I used eiron as a bodyshield against dobs' onslaught of projectiles is at least noteworthy.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orland on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:47 am

eiron, i love how you know exactly what im thinking during these situations.

Orland
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:26 pm

I remembered this one while talking to Eiron. I used to play Star Wars Battlefront online on the PC. Surprisingly, it was actually really smooth. Then, I once ran into this guy named "Freaksomething" (I don't remember his name. But it had "freak"). I was playing for the clones, he was with the droids. We stumbled into each other some times and fought. The clones won the match. Then, we later found each other again, once again on opposing teams. We fought a real one-on-one war, it was epic, but then we lost each other from sight, and the match moved on. In the last 5 seconds, I saw him again, very far away, and started shooting him. He then saw me as well, and shot a missile. He missed, and I managed to kill him, and of course get the points for it, in the very last second. There wasn't time even for him to fall to the ground. It was really epic...
Then, after a long time, we met once again, and this time he was in my team. Little did I know that he planned to get revenge for his defeats, sabotaging my troops from within, and killing me from behind when I wasn’t looking. However, little did he know that I had set Friendly Fire off! Then, after having his plans frustrated, he tried switching back to the opposing team, only to not be able to. Epic fail… tongue
After that, we never saw each other again. Which was expected, since I don’t play Battlefront anymore. tongue

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Fucking lol dude! I love when people try to get revenge on me in an online game and then Epic fail at it. Like when i went through the phase of aggressively bowserciding one person over and over in free for all Smash battles. Good times.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Well said Eiron.....but hey, there's more fun stories about our matches. I think it might've been mentioned at some point, but we definitely had a spike match in Delfino plaza. I was Mario, and Eiron was Zelda. We spent large amounts of time swimming and trying to spike each other to death. We uh....failed, miserably.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Ah, I remember that! That was hilarious! We spent half the match in the water trying to spike eachother, and we COULD NOT DO IT.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 pm

IT LIIIIIIIIIIVESSSSSSSSSS!

Double posting for resurection purposes.

Ok, so Surge, Angel, and I were all brawling away on Halbred, me Ganon, Surge Bowser, and Angel Kirby. Kirby copies Ganon's neutral B, and begins charging it up. I Ganon f-air Surge into the punch and he dies at like, 30%. Fifteen seconds later, Kirby and I try to Ganon Punch eachother, byt Kirby's short little arms fail and Angel leaves the stratosphere at five thousand miles an hour.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 pm

This might be one of those "Had to be there" moments but during a Halo 2 system link we were playing a team deathmatch game and I was running around with dual machine guns. Someone came around the corner in a warthog and proceeded to try and run me over, he was circling me for a good while trying to hit me while I filled his Puma (Red vs Blue reference.. incase you missed it) with lead, I was alive long enough to have reloaded both guns twice and mess up his ride.

Eventually he ran me down which was shortly followed by a resounding "HA!" from the other room, though the kicker is he kept driving forward after he killed me, smacked into a concrete wall and promptly blew up... to which I sent a resounding "HA!" of my own back to him... I got the kill for that too. xD

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:38 am

Simply amazing, hehe, the sheer amount of ammo you have to unload into a vehicle before it explodes is a lot, I would've felt accomplished with the end result, even though it ended in death

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 am

Does teching G&W's DThrow over wifi enough of a story?

Specifically when it get's followed by a DSmash to avoid losing a stock?

yea, that happened during the tourney matches with Surge, TWICE even.

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 am

Since all of my characters can roll away fast enough to avoid the D Smash, I've never even tried to tech it. Very Happy

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 am

Sonix! wrote:Does teching G&W's DThrow over wifi enough of a story?

Hate to steal your thunder and all, but this isn't that hard to pull off, especially after I do it a couple times. I would advose though as Eiron said to try and roll away, which makes it even harder to hit you with unless I tech chase.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:24 pm

SurgePox wrote:

Hate to steal your thunder and all, but this isn't that hard to pull off, especially after I do it a couple times. I would advose though as Eiron said to try and roll away, which makes it even harder to hit you with unless I tech chase.

Squirtle is the only poke who can't roll away in time. <.<

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Sonix! wrote:
SurgePox wrote:

Squirtle is the only poke who can't roll away in time. <.<
Yeah, It also seems to work on link very well too. I have yet to look into who all is affected.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 pm

I actually think most of the cast can't escape it.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:16 pm

From my experience, most people can get away.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Of course, I could be mistaken.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 pm

SurgePox wrote:Yeah, It also seems to work on link very well too.

Just cause I couldn't get away means naught Razz

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 pm

It's worked on every other link I've faced.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 am

I'm just messin with ya

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri May 08, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm not sure, but I think this might be my first "quality" post in this thread.

So 7 of us were at my friend's house play CoD4 and Halo3. Now, it's been awhile since I've played FPS games with dual analog controls. I wasn't bad, but not great. Anyway, the real story is with Halo 3.

We're playing a game mode call "Duck Hunt." Basically, one guy has a sniper on one end and is in a contained area, and tries to pick off the three "ducks," which are the other guys (same team and), who are trying to run along a path that has some barriers and bunkers every now and then. And there are periodic checkpoints that allow for cover. Ducks can also periodically pick up bubble shields.) And when/if they make it to the end, they get to pick up a shot gun and get teleported to the hinter in close quarters for close combat.

Well, one of my friends hands me a controller and told me to follow him. Me being a noob, I had no idea what was going on. I lasted probably 10 seconds. Thing is, when you die, you become the hunter. Well, been so long since I played Halo, I could not zoom for shit while they were getting ready to run across. Having said that out loud, one of my friends said something like, "Ha, he can't figure it out. Just run," and started running. By a stroke of dumb luck I happened to no scope him from across the map as he made it half-way across the first level. Funny as fuck. Laughter erupted from all but him. However, he was the only one I got and the other two made it across all four levels and killed me.

Then I was a duck again after that. Now I knew what I was doing. The three of us start running across and one of us threw a bubble shield. The hunter... is pretty good at Halo (his game), so my friend lagging behind me, got pick off before he could get in and my friend in front of me later got picked off before we could make it to the end of the first level (and by level, I mean floor, per say). Now here's where it got interesting. When you're the last man standing, you get a major boost in speed, making it harder to get hit. When the guy in fromt of me went down, I was all "fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuck" and just booked it across, jumping and dodging shots. I make it to the third level, messed up on jumping, and fell down to the bottom floor. No falling damage, but had to go through the whole process again and it was hella funny to do cause I'm still kinda getting use to controls and I'm half freaking out and half laughing my ass off. I ran and hopped from barrier to barrier and across the open all the way to the fourth level. Just as I was about to make it across and into a safe zone, I got hit. So... close...

Aside from those, we played more. Won once as the hunter and twice being a duck. But this led me to a conclusion. CoD4 takes more skill, but Halo is way more fun to play.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu May 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Once,while playing Halo 3, it was me, my bro, and his friend in a free-for all gladiator style. The players spawn in protected areas that can't be breached, and my brother ran out of his to go attack the other player. However, he didn't come out of his 'cell,' leaving my bro to shoot at the barrier in vain. Well, he threw a Plasma grenade at the barrier to see if it would stick, only to see that it bounced off harmlessly. After he threw it, I assassinated him, killing him instantly, the got stuck by the grenade after the rebond off of the barrier, giving my brother a kill also.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top