The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:36 pm

DUMBLEDORE IS GAY.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  zach also rises on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:41 am

pure_awesome why are you hating on gay dumbledore? Let him live his gay life in gay peace.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  pure_awesome on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:08 pm

Three reasons:

1.I just don't like that the decision for him to be gay seemed to have been made completely after the fact. It seemed like Rowling had heard all these rumours flying around that Dumbledore was gay (and honestly, is there any legit evidence?) and said to herself, "You know, all the books are done, and the craze seems to be dying down. Maybe if I say Dumbledore was gay it'll re-incite interest in the series one last time before the movies."

It's just silly.

2. It bugs me that it was such a big deal. We're supposed to be such an accepting culture, but this was huge news. It was the main article on MSN. The New York Times ran a piece. But does it have any impact on the story? No. Does it shed any new light on events in the books? No. It's just a trivial piece of information, but people go "Oh my god, a gay person."

3. And I'm tired of the overly eccentric, wacky character always being the gay one. Before the news broke, I was one of the people saying that it would be stupid for him to be gay. He's clearly the most eccentric character, so making him gay would be like saying "See this guy? He's different, so he must be gay."

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 299
Join date : 2008-09-22
Age : 28
Location : The Great White North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm

pure_awesome, I'me actually of the same opinion, but Rowling is kinda the only person who can say what's canon. Even if it is for retarded reasons. Then again, art, in any form, is both what the artist intended it to be, and what the viewer/reader makes it to be. Considering the almost total lack of in book evidense, I've been inclined to take your stance. And the huge uproar is just another example of how far our culture needs to to go. Dumbledore rocks the house, gay or not.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Gorblax on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:54 pm

I for one support Gay Dumbledore.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Smashy B on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:57 pm

I for one, could not give a shit. It makes no difference to the story. Sure jokes can be made off it, but does it matter?

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Gorblax on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:53 am

I don't know about you, but I cracked up when they killed Hedwig.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  pure_awesome on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:43 pm

Gorblax wrote:I don't know about you, but I cracked up when they killed Hedwig.

How can you say that? Hedwig was, easily, one of my favourite, if not my favourite, character in the entire series.

I still chuckle to myself when I think of the ending. Just because there was that whole shabang before the book came out, oh my god, one of the main three characters DIES!

Then you get to that part, and the book is just like lol jks not rly

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 299
Join date : 2008-09-22
Age : 28
Location : The Great White North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Ninja Penguin on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:55 pm

I thought it was funny that one of twins died, though. No more confusion between the two. What a Face

Ninja Penguin
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 197
Join date : 2008-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Los Angeles, CA

View user profile http://youtube.com/ninjapenguinhya/

Back to top Go down

The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Since this topic is so popular in another thread that will go without mention, here ya go. Very Happy

Discuss whatever you want, whether you liked or disliked Hedwig, or whether supposedly tragic scenes made you giggle on the inside, or about that Dumbledore fella.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 pm

What have I done?

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Gorblax on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Ninja Penguin wrote:I thought it was funny that one of twins died, though. No more confusion between the two. What a Face

Now only 1/4th of the Weasley twins' ears remain.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Gorblax on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:27 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Smashy B on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:42 pm

Had I known you were going to make this I woulda just split that part of the topic.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  pure_awesome on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:43 pm

This seems like the perfect thread for us to discuss gay and lesbian characters in video games for no apparent reason other than to go hilariously off-topic.

Accio Useless Posts!


Seriously though, Hedwig is a baller. You know it's true.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 299
Join date : 2008-09-22
Age : 28
Location : The Great White North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:49 pm

smashbro wrote:Had I known you were going to make this I woulda just split that part of the topic.

I didn't know I was gonna make this until very recently either Very Happy . More of a whim than anything else.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Smashy B on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:50 pm

I used mah modding powers to split and merge.

... and I get thanked by a ninja.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  pure_awesome on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Woah, did you guys just see that nin-*dies*

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 299
Join date : 2008-09-22
Age : 28
Location : The Great White North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:57 pm

GASP. My apologies. I was being so ninja I didn't even know I was being ninja.

Woah, pure_awesome, you just ninjad me while pretending to be ninjad yourself. Your a clever devil you.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  pure_awesome on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:02 pm

Kee-YAH!

On a related note, it's absolutely hysterical that this thread has such a professional sounding name, yet the opening post is:


Eiron wrote:DUMBLEDORE IS GAY.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 299
Join date : 2008-09-22
Age : 28
Location : The Great White North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Now that you've pointed that out to me, I can't stop laughing. Way to go.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Smashy B on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:07 pm

pure_awesome wrote:Kee-YAH!

On a related note, it's absolutely hysterical that this thread has such a professional sounding name, yet the opening post is:


Eiron wrote:DUMBLEDORE IS GAY.
LOL, yeah... That's just how it turned out when I merged the two. I'm too lazy to try fixing it and I'm on my Wii.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Lol, I can just imagine the reactions of people who're just popping in. This could get ugly for me.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Gorblax on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:45 am

SNAPE KILLS- *ninja'd*

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 27
Location : Binghamton, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Eiron on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Let's not go there buddy. Though Snape always was my favorite charcter. But I saw the end "twist" with him in the seventh book coming from miles away. Since the fifth book, actually.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2008-10-04
Age : 27
Location : USF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Harry Potter Thread. Because it had to be done.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:35 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum