This topic is about how happy i'm going to be in the distant future

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This topic is about how happy i'm going to be in the distant future

Post  Ansem on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

First amendment man, they can, so they should, right?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I do want to post to say I wasn't trying to make it personal.

I was trying to put my case forward as best I could and Snake... was Snake.

(Seriously, Johnny posted two words the entire phase and I still lost to him.)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:42 pm

If it makes you feel better, we voted for you because we thought you were the better player and the bigger threat Razz

Changing the subject now, and it's my birthday in a month, that's pretty exciting. 21 so I've got a few big things planned. I also got 4 free tickets to a magical hypnosis show...except that night is the end of season party for the sports that I work at so I won't be going haha. Unfortunately it looks like I'll be telemarketing all night so I might not even get to go to that.

(Yep, I get to spend the majority of my 21st being hung up on. Welp.)

On Father's Day I think we're doing a big family lunch as a father's day/my birthday thing and then the weekend afterwards I'm having a few friend's round to my dad's place (dragging Weldar up to Brisbane Very Happy ) for drinks and funtimes and we might go clubbing and then have 2am pancakes. We'll see how that turns out. I wish some of you guys could be here for that too! Sad (Q, we'll just have to party in MURRICA.)

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Ansem wrote:First amendment man, they can, so they should, right?

I would give you some points for that one, but there's a grave difference between a person simply wanting/telling another not to talk/express their opinion, and a person fully taking away the option to begin with.

A person can say "I don't want you talking I don't want you talking" as much as they want, but the second they say "Lets put duck tape on your mouth and stop you from talking", that's when there's a problem.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:30 pm

ALLLLLLLLLRIGHTY!

I have not posted here in quite awhile. But I figure now would be a good time to do so as I am in SUCH an amazing mood that nothing has been able to bring me down at all today even after 2 very bad things just happened today.

1. I might get kicked out of my apartment soon (by the end of the week) if we can't get some money in time.

2. I just disowned my brother today because he PUSSED OUT LIKE A BITCH and decided to cut all communication with us and we don't know where he is living anymore. 

Do I care right now? 

Not
In
The
Slightest~

And the reason I don't care in the slightest?

is because there has been a change in my career path for the many of you who are unaware, I would still like to end up making games. But about a month and a half ago I realized that I could actually turn my need to serve into something I could live on. Which is what is making me happier than I have in years. That and the possibility that I could move in with my Master once certain criteria have been met and serve him full time and in return he would pay me $3 for food. Of course stuff could change and it is still very early on in actually making it a possibility. But I will remain hopeful and I will wait patiently~

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:18 am

Gonna be blunt.

I don't understand how losing things in your life would make you life happy. And homeless people make more per hour pan handling than the $3 you are expecting to get from a master. From the sounds of it, you are basically submitting yourself into slavery. If you really want to serve, why not try being a waiter at a restaurant or something else more substantial?

Jesus Christ, get your fucking life together.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 am

Why do I even tell you people this stuff anymore?

"I don't understand how losing things in your life would make you life happy."

Did you ever think that maybe what I gain far outweighs what I lose? This is something that'll give me fulfillment and happiness. I fail to see the big loss that you are talking about.

"From the sounds of it, you are basically submitting yourself into slavery."

As much as I dislike that term. So what if I am? What if I find happiness in it?

If you really want to serve, why not try being a waiter at a restaurant or something else more substantial?

This is nothing like what I'm talking about at all. That does nothing for me. I only serve people who I see fit to serve and do what I can to be of use to them. 

You don't even understand the most BASIC of reasons as to why I'm doing this and you're seriously going to tell me to get my fucking live together? My life IS together and I don't need someone who knows next to nothing about this to tell me otherwise.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:19 am

Vie, the reason you tell us this stuff is because you know we're concerned about your wellbeing and give you honest answers.

But I'm agreeing with Smash here; this is not just a bad idea, it's a downright dangerous idea. It's sickeningly exploitive and you are being taken complete and utter advantage of. Everything about it is throwing up red flags that this so-called master is an abuser. I'll give him credit, it's a cunning little trap he's set, but holy shit doing this would literally be the worse thing you could do to your life. And really, don't tell me you are honestly considering giving up a promising career- one in a subject you love and you're getting good grades and contacts in- for pocket change and being this guy's cumbucket. You couldn't fuck up your future faster if you took a potshot at the president.

Seriously Vie, get the hell away from this situation, it has bad news written all over it. Absolutely nothing good can come of it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Vie, as usual, is making things worse sounding than they are. He approached me a while back asking me to be his master. I agreed, noting that I don't really care if he calls me master. I did not however agree to this $3 thing. I've advised him against the breaking away from his family thing, and I noted that I don't know if and when he might ever be able to come up here. I accepted the role partly out of concern for his own safety, and told him from the beginning that more or less nothing would change in how I would treat him, and so far as I'm aware, things have not, other than asking him to behave a bit more frequently than I previously had. I assure you guys, he's safe enough. If you have any concerns, you're more than welcome to voice them though, I don't mind

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Ummmm W...T...F...

Ok, I'm going to address Smash and Raya on one point, because I really know next to nothing concerning this situation.
The whole Master/Slave thing IS something that does exist in the world for those that are kink friendly. Often times it transcends mere sex and being submissive/dominate in the bedroom only. So when he says being under a Master makes him happy, there can be truth to that. Also it doesn't always mean its a terrible life.

Having said that, if Viero really is considering dropping out of school, which is the impression I'm sort of getting, then I advise against Vie since you do seem to be doing well with it. I can understand if you lose your true passion for it, but that doesn't seem to be the case, again as I understand it. Graduate and decide then would be what I recommend. End of the day though it is his decision and only he can decide what is best for him.

It does seem to me, again just opinion Viero, that you are rushing into this too eagerly/based more on emotion than logic. I can relate as its how most of my decisions have been based and I've made many mistakes. Get your education because just because things look promising/are working out now doesn't mean things can't go wrong/end/etc. Make sure you've got yourself set up to succeed independently as a back up if you are serious about this chosen lifestyle.

As for disowning your brother, I get it. Family sucks sometimes. I once went nearly a year without talking to my brother after he pulled a very serious joke on me, my sister I should never talk to again for a very serious stunt she tried pulling that could have had me charged and put in jail for because she got mad and made up lies. End of the day, its family and shits happens. Not telling you to make up with your brother, but just don't hold on to hate. All it does is eat away at you and hurts you in the long run.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 pm

I actually didn't catch that concern about Vie dropping out. I in no way whatsoever endorse vie dropping out or giving up on his career. I'm quite against it in fact. It's also most definitely not a romantic relationship, or even a physical one. No offence to the guy, but he's just not my type. I keep telling him to calm down and take it easy, and shall continue to do so.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Requiem wrote:I actually didn't catch that concern about Vie dropping out. I in no way whatsoever endorse vie dropping out or giving up on his career. I'm quite against it in fact. It's also most definitely not a romantic relationship, or even a physical one. No offence to the guy, but he's just not my type. I keep telling him to calm down and take it easy, and shall continue to do so.

I just picked up something about him changing careers/saw what smash and Raya had said about not throwing away his career. I've known people who have had the non-romantic/non-physical relationship dynamic like that and its worked out, but yeah I agree it seems like he needs to calm down a bit. Having said that, I need to take the calm down advice myself a lot of times as well lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm

I was never going to drop out of school. This was only going to be a thing when I finish school. So if this does not work out I would still have that to fall back on.

And yes I know I need to calm down which I have after that post.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm

I think "calming down" also means thinking with clarity and making better decisions for yourself. You have yet at any point managed to do that, and I sincerely believe at this point that it is impossible for someone like you to do so. I personally think you need help mentally, from a professional in the field.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 pm

I appreciate the concern but this is not as bad as you seem to think. And certainly not bad enough to where I would need help like that. I know I said I would be more open to listening to you before about big decisions like this and I still intend to be. But not for this matter as it is a subject that those who are not part of it (IE: You) themselves have a very difficult time truly understanding it if not just flat out impossible. And because of that lack of understanding and with the usual "This is my life and I know best how to run it". You are not as prepared as you might think you are to make informed comments on this matter. So I ask that you drop this.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:19 pm

So how did that story end Vie? I ask because I legitimately do not know....

To bring it back to the happy topic, I am probably finally going to be done with my study in december/january. After an internship that literally sended me into a depression I am now set to finally graduate if I can get my motivation ready to finish my thesis. Here's to hoping.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Avalanche wrote:if I can get my motivation ready to finish my thesis. Here's to hoping.
I'm in the same damn boat. I've had the whole summer to work on it and it's still not done. I underestimated how long it would take me to write some sections, and I've expereienced numerous setbacks during testing. Either shit wasn't working as expected and required a lot of troubleshooting (some pointless) or worse, I overloaded a DC-DC converter and had to replace it. Hopefully the school will reimburse me cause that pos was $250.

I've already moved away from my college town and now living in SoCal. I have a job waiting for me, but shit I need to finish before I can start. They already pushed back the date to October. Because of the program I'm doing, I don't even get my Bachelor's until I either finish and defend my thesis, or quit on this honors/masters program, which is why my start date got delayed. At least it provides me with more time to write, which I need. But once I'm done, I'll be happy and working.

Good luck on your thesis. Hope it doesn't give you much head ache.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:29 pm

I stopped smoking for a month to get a promotion. I took the test and passed and now I am getting paid more and I can smoke the ganja again. Happy as FUCK right now.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Well done mate! Hoping to graduate this semester, then never have to do this nonsense again.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top