Quaetam's Pokemon Center!

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Quaetam's Pokemon Center!

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 pm

I restarted a run of Platinum because I can. So far I only have Chimchar - it seems to be the one everyone picks but I ALWAYS pick Turtwig and I've never used Chimchar before so I figured I'd give it a go. Chimchar became my biggest bro in Pokemon Ranger 2 hahaha, because firerings were really bloody useful for causing extra damage/slowing down enemies.

I was playing through the first Ranger game but I got bored sneaking in to the base. This game is full of annoying things like this. Accidentally get swallowed by a Weepinbell? Back to the start of the maze. Accidentally run across a bug type (which, by the way, end up SWARMING YOU)? Back to the start. Step on a switch by mistake? Back to the start. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm

I've done a Nuzlocke of Soul Silver, and just started Platinum. My comic for SS is on my dA so far.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:33 pm

Dawwwwww. :3

Okay I just made my biggest Nuzlocke mistake ever - using Umbreon. Sure, it's cool, but it can't attack for shit so it's freaking impossible to train. I got it to have a tank to back up my strikers but yeaaaaah. He's now boxed in favour of Finneon. Sure, Finneon is now level 25 and I've still gotta train him to 40 to catch up to the rest of the team, but he's so pretty that I don't mind. :3

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 pm

I'll give you some spoilers for my nuzlockes so far. Those who wanna follow the story better not peek...

SPOILERS FOR HARRRD MOOODE: SOUL SILVER:
In my Soul Silver Nuzlocke, what starts out as a little fun gets serious towards the end of the Johto challenge. Basically Kari (my character) decides to ignore Lugia in favor of using the Master Ball on Mewtwo. When the Johto Gym Leaders and the Elite Four are defeated, Kari must then take the Kanto challenge, thus obtaining all 16 badges and the ability to enter Cerulean Cave. After capturing Mewtwo, there is Kari's ultimate goal: to face Red. It is then revealed that Red's real name is Satoshi, and is Kari's cousin. After the battle, she tells the story over the phone to her other cousin Ren, who lives in Sinnoh. Thus starts the Platinum Nuzlocke.

As soon as I defeated Blue ingame and got the last Kanto badge, the gameplay ended for me (but I caught Mewtwo for the lulz anyway). On that save file, my team are all Level 60, and consist of:
Chocorita (Meganium),
Norris (that badass Furrett),
Mr. Fish (Gyarados),
Herc (Heracross I caught to fight Pryce with),
Batman (my second Crobat),
and Electra (Ampharos).

My losses were:
Gurren (Weedle) Lv.3 - 4. Already explained in the comic, died to a Rattata's critical hit Quick Attack
Goro (Machop) Lv.10 - 15. While training up to face Pryce, ran into a Diglett with Arena Trap. Now I have a phobia of Digletts.
Dracula (Crobat) Lv.8 - 50. Against Bruno, didn't see a Thunderpunch coming from Hitmonchan.
DOOOOD! (Graveler) Lv.3 - 51. Thought I'd take a chance at Rock Slide against a Dragonite. Missed and got pounded by Blizzard.

SPOILERS FOR PLATINUM NUZLOCKE:
Not too far into the run, I'm about to fight Gardenia. My team's around Lv.20-25, and consists of:
Rocko (Grotle)
Sarah (Staravia)
Ms. Fish (Gyarados)
Reaper (Kricketune)
Kintaro (Machop)
and Blessing (Bibarel).

So far one loss, and that was my first Bibarel, Karma. He got Scratch'd to death by Mars' Purugly.

If I get to the end of Platinum, I'll have all the trainers meet up at the Battle Frontier and I will make a story for Satoshi through a normal run of Yellow and maybe make a story for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 am

Loads more C-Gear skins are now available! Most of them aren't available outside the US because fuck the Global Link. Also a reminder about the World Championship/Audino ones, which are due to finish soon:

PASSWORD: YAHOOAUDINO
Only available in the US

PASSWORD: WorldsCGear

PASSWORD: NPCGEAR
Only available in the US

Can only find blurry images of the new Zoroark/Deerling skins. Zoroark is US only, Deerling is PAL only.
PASSWORD: JJW2X97D

I actually rather like the Deerling skin. Changing it now~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 am

So I acquired a copy of Zoroark Master of Illusion (pokemon 13 movie) and watched. Was gonna save it for out of town this weekend, but I had down time today. I must say, it's pretty good. Might be my favorite of the pokemon films. That may not have been a hard competition, but still. Not a lot of moments where I wanted to rool my eyes and Ash wasn't too annoying. Might be a good stream option someday.

Also, http://sharkrobot.com/pre-order-new-products/deal-with-it-pre-order-5-20

I AM BUYING THIS
I AM MAKING IT MINE

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:15 am

SMASH YOU MUST HAVE IT

THE WORLD WILL NOT BE IN ORDER UNTIL YOU DO

Man, I will go to great lengths to avoid grinding. My Alakazam now has a Smart ribbon and my Lumineon now has a Beauty ribbon, thanks to me not wanting to grind aforementioned Lumineon to level 40 (I've gotten him from level 16 - 32).

Contests are silly.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 am

smashbro wrote:So I acquired a copy of Zoroark Master of Illusion (pokemon 13 movie) and watched. Was gonna save it for out of town this weekend, but I had down time today. I must say, it's pretty good. Might be my favorite of the pokemon films. That may not have been a hard competition, but still. Not a lot of moments where I wanted to rool my eyes and Ash wasn't too annoying. Might be a good stream option someday.

Haven't actually seen the Zoroark movie. I have heard though it's not very good, but you say it is? Might have to check it out then. Was it sub or dub you watched?

Also P2K > every Pokemon movie ever .

Pineapple wrote:
Man, I will go to great lengths to avoid grinding. My Alakazam now has a Smart ribbon and my Lumineon now has a Beauty ribbon, thanks to me not wanting to grind aforementioned Lumineon to level 40 (I've gotten him from level 16 - 32).

Contests are silly.

I can't stand contests. They're all fixed and I think it's inhumane to dress your Pokemon up in sparkles and makeup and ply them with drugs poffins to judge how 'pretty' they are.

I'm perfectly fine with making them fight to the death in vicious cockfights and dance in musicals, however Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:43 am

I personally like the contests more than the musicals. But only the gen3 contests. Gen4 contests were bull.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:15 pm

I like contests more than Pokethelon. xD

My Glaceon was a Beauty champion, got him up to Super rank. I am the best at procrastinating.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

I've only watched the first movie, and I refuse to watch the others in fear of fanboying over the token legendary Pokemon of each movie. Thus my Master Ball is always saved for Mewtwo.

I enjoyed the Pokeathlon, it made good use of the DS's touch screen. I never played the 3rd Gen contests, but hated 4th gen's.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:09 pm

SonGopaul wrote:I've only watched the first movie, and I refuse to watch the others in fear of fanboying over the token legendary Pokemon of each movie. Thus my Master Ball is always saved for Mewtwo.

I enjoyed the Pokeathlon, it made good use of the DS's touch screen. I never played the 3rd Gen contests, but hated 4th gen's.

Gen 3 was pretty much reliant on the moves- no bullshit about dressing up, no stupid dance routines... only pure strategy based on movesets. Then you can't lose because some asshat decided to throw all the good items on his pokemon and you gave it the 3 items in your case.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 pm

SonGopaul wrote:I've only watched the first movie, and I refuse to watch the others in fear of fanboying over the token legendary Pokemon of each movie. Thus my Master Ball is always saved for Mewtwo.

But...but...P2K! The story's interesting, it's all apocalyptic, the dub is actually good, the voice actors are at the top of their game, the jokes are genuinely funny, ARTICUNO, Professor Oak is there, Tracey barely appears, Team Rocket actually do something for once, Jirarudan I love yoooooou, Pokeshipping...

I liked it :<

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Raya wrote:
smashbro wrote:So I acquired a copy of Zoroark Master of Illusion (pokemon 13 movie) and watched. Was gonna save it for out of town this weekend, but I had down time today. I must say, it's pretty good. Might be my favorite of the pokemon films. That may not have been a hard competition, but still. Not a lot of moments where I wanted to rool my eyes and Ash wasn't too annoying. Might be a good stream option someday.

Haven't actually seen the Zoroark movie. I have heard though it's not very good, but you say it is? Might have to check it out then. Was it sub or dub you watched?
Dub. And more that I know that have seen it liked it a lot. Haven't seen P2K in a long time, so I dunno how the two compare nowadays. Still better than most others, imo. And Zorua is pretty mischievous.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:41 pm

The Venusaur skin is now available! Password is EUPGL092011. New skins are coming out in October and November which are obviously going to be the Charizard/Blastoise ones.

They may be European only, I'm not sure. You have to be logged into the Global Link to see if the promo is available.

On a different subject, is anyone up for starting a new Pokemon tournament? I'm itching for some battles and I know Son is a good player (plus he probably wants revenge on my Archeops Laughing). Will be using BW, other rules to be decided. Either knockout or round-robin depending on numbers.

Last edited by Raya on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey, still trying to find ways to counter Archeops. Researching now. But yeah, if we can find a way to battle one another, I'd be up for it.

EDIT: Scratch that, I can't connect my Black online, so no Dream World for me Sad Strange thing is, my 3DS is fine connecting to the Internet, but hates trying to connect via old DS games.

More info on the Platinum Nuzlocke...:
HOLY HELL I CAUGHT MYSELF A ROTOM IN A NUZLOCKE RUN! I was only trying this idea out. I used one of my Repels and went into the Old Chateau. Fortunately repels don't affect forced encounters like legendary battles. I wore it down with Rocko's Bite, then sent it to sleep with Reaper's Sing. Threw a Premier Ball... and WHAM! I got Dexter! Lv.20, Old Chateau, JOLLY Nature. Oh well, he'll suck in comeptitive play, but he'll be an awesome Electric-Ghost type for the team. Oh yeah and I beat Gardenia.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 pm

SonGopaul wrote:Hey, still trying to find ways to counter Archeops. Researching now. But yeah, if we can find a way to battle one another, I'd be up for it.

EDIT: Scratch that, I can't connect my Black online, so no Dream World for me Sad Strange thing is, my 3DS is fine connecting to the Internet, but hates trying to connect via old DS games.

More info on the Platinum Nuzlocke...:
HOLY HELL I CAUGHT MYSELF A ROTOM IN A NUZLOCKE RUN! I was only trying this idea out. I used one of my Repels and went into the Old Chateau. Fortunately repels don't affect forced encounters like legendary battles. I wore it down with Rocko's Bite, then sent it to sleep with Reaper's Sing. Threw a Premier Ball... and WHAM! I got Dexter! Lv.20, Old Chateau, JOLLY Nature. Oh well, he'll suck in comeptitive play, but he'll be an awesome Electric-Ghost type for the team. Oh yeah and I beat Gardenia.

Yeah, I always repel spam for Rotom. Such a bro. I had a Timid one in a Nuzlocke recently (!!!!!) but he kind of died at Crasher Wake. Fucking Floatzel! This time I trained more, though, and took him down with Luxray no trouble. :U

I need to get online with my 3DS and get the Pokedex 3D!

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm

breaking news: Junichi Matsuda said that he is considering a remake of Ruby/Sapphire

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:38 am

in other news; grass still green, sky still blue, pope still catholic and bears still shitting in the woods

Back to you Tom.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 pm

td260 wrote:breaking news: Junichi Matsuda said that he is considering a remake of Ruby/Sapphire

Yeah, 'considering'. Not that he's fobbing off all the fans harassing him on Twitter or anything.

tbh I doubt there's going to be a R/S remake, and if there will be then not for several years. The remakes of R/B/G/S were needed because there was no other way to complete the Pokedex since you couldn't trade forward from Gen1-2. There's very little call for a remake since you can catch 'em all anyway. Really the only ones you're struggling to get are what, the Regis? I think the only reason they'd remake it (aside from milking that cash cow) would be to make the first proper 3D Pokemon game...and I'm willing to bet that honour will go to Grey.

Also, just a reminder to all the Aussies that the Snarl Zoroark event is due to end soon! Get it while you can! Since they never released the event to get the Snarl TM this is the only legit way of obtaining a Pokemon that knows it. And it's an Australia only event to boot :O

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 pm

As the only Australian with a DS and B/W, I got mine. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Anyone participating in the Autumn Friendly tournament on the PGL? Signed up and had a go, and I don't think I've seen a single team that hasn't had a Terrakion and one of the kami trio in it =/

New downloads are available, btw. Europe gets Mamoswine and Banette, the US gets a new musical. I'd rather have the musical, tbh...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh I had new ideas on how Mammoswine could actually eat, but wasn't really effective...they really fucked up that design Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:49 pm

I heard they're not going to make a 3rd game for gen5... It's unverified as of yet, but if I find a source I'll post it.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top