The Grand Brawl - Round 3: The Battle Complex

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Grand Brawl - Round 3: The Battle Complex

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Spoiler:
Oh. Do not worry about that. He is still VERY much for slaughtering every single person he meets. But he is not stupid. He knows how to get his way with still much deletion to come. And he dose not want anything less of deletion of the "Viruses" Very Happy

EDIT: I also thought it would be more interesting then the usual villain of something like this.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:36 am

Zero wandered across a void of scattered surfaces, the walls and floors around the being that was a nonbeing clear, the rest meaningless save for when resolved into motion. The colors in the distance, above, around it, they meant nothing. Only identifiable were the floor it strode on and the vertical protrusions it now recognized as impervious walls. The amalgamated void shifted suddenly, as the space before Zero was filled with movement. An entity, different from the sphere-headed and shelled beings the nothing had encountered so far, coalesced before it. A humanoid entity of muscular build, with short brown hair and a right arm that to Zero was almost as incongruous as the background, suffused with perpetual motion that nearly resolved itself back into chaos.

The being spoke, in a tongue different than the one encountered by Zero previously: "Voidling, Zero was it? Would you grant me an audience for a civil discussion of things to come?"

For Zero, there is no concept of 'self'. There are only sensory imputs, learned knowledge, and an instinct that was as primal as any, one that had been imbued in it from the phrase spoken at its creation. It was on this impulse Zero spoke, the voice of the nonentity a slightly wavering one, one spoken by the 'toadie' that had approached it following its emergence into this world.

"What is this thing?"

Sirria was surprised the Voidling, with its blank stare and eerie silence, responded at all, let alone understood. Put off by the odd nature of the response, he adopted a quizzical expression and responded in Primordial again. Having a language only he and this voidling could interpret may come of use.

"I am Sirria. I could be of assistance to you in this Brawl, if you want to work together."

For a second the two stood. Sirria saw Zero in the center of the rundown street in the midst of the Mushroom Kingdom, few pedestrians strolling warily by, alert for danger. Zero stood amidst that meaningless void, knowing only the surfaces it walked on and detected amidst the entropy, and the motion of the beings that stood before it and around it. The response again was instinctual.

"better off left alone," the nonbeing replied to the living entity in a different, slightly higher-pitched, that of the younger toad.

Sirria was initially disappointed, but pressed on, "Together, you and I could bring our enemies pain."

The response was almost immediate.

"Pain is death. Death is irrevocable."

Sirria opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it. Pain is death, death is irrevocable... That could be taken in a number of ways. The Voidling hasn't expressed any hostility, so perhaps that was its form of acknowledgment. For now I'll leave it alone and see what comes of this. Primordial could help us converse in the future if the chance arises as well.

Satisfied, the lycanthropic human turned down a side-street, vanishing into a subsequent alley, and leaving Zero alone amidst the void. Zero, in the form of the being called 'Sirria', paused for a moment, a moment in which a passerby would have mistakenly sworn it was lost in thought. However, it merely did not have a course of action. Observing a lightly jogging 'toadie' nearby, Zero's form shifted again, to that of the sphere-headed being, and the nonentity began to do the same, wandering down the street without aim, without purpose.

Spoiler:
This post is the result of a PM conversation between me and Suicide.

Last edited by Quaetman on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 am

Zelgius dashed over the roofs. His pride as an alpha, severly wounded.

Freaking demon. Hadn't I accepted his alliance I'd be roasted on the spot! In the best case scenario he starts a fight with the void, Heart or that glitch thingie and opens his book in the heath of battle....So I may finish him. Zelgius was almost amused at the pointless nature of the deal. If I don't backstab him, he will surely backstab me.

As the night grew darker, killing intent on every corner of the street. It seemed a large battle was about to start, as people from 2 sides were gathering near the highest building. Their thoughts of fighting, dead, pride, peace and a giant turtle were strong, but didn't bother Zelgius. Assuming his heath seeking eye would work from the white tower, Zelgius ran within jumping distance of the building, only the run back as fast as possible again.

What is this psychic distortion! Zelgius thought panicked. Whatever is in there is......insane. I can't go near that!!......those...those thoughts.... Zelgius' animal instinct took over and he ran past the building, jumping roof after roof after roof, till the ivory tower seemed far in the distance. He felt sick even trying to recall the thoughts that came running in his head.

When he regained his calm, he activated his heath seeking system. The source of heath that had blocked him earlier was clearly visible, as it still obscured quite a area. Aidrail could be anywhere, as could the glitch and the void no doubt. There was one man running the streets, showing more warmth then normal humans. Seeing no extraordinary source of warmth, Zelgius had to assume it was comming from within the man.
Am I the only one norm-....oh wait..... So....What is this? a man with fire related abilities? Hot Blooded? He stood still, and Zelgius peeked in his mind, but there was too much going on. What stood out however was a conversation with Zero, the void.

that guy is trying to create an alliance himself as well.....Typically humans....."Wanna help me so I may backstab you later?" Pathetic. The void seemed uninterested though....Perhaps I can pester this guy a little.......

Zelgius took a little more distance, not sure of the senses of this man and closed his bionic eye before sending the man a message. "Im watching you!

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:19 am

Heart looked at the hand, then back at the man. He was vaguely aware this was some sort of greeting humans used, but the correct response was beyond him. Besides, he had no intention of touching this guy. His first impression on seeing him in the void was that he was a Houndoom in the same predicament as himself. Learning that he was a demon did not make things better. They say that the pain from a Houndoom's burn lasted forever. The metaphorical burn from this man would be a lot worse.

"Aidrail, wasn't it?" He tried to keep his voice as neutral as possible "Have you come to try and kill me?"

Aidrail looked almost offended at the accusation, which on the face of anybody else would have elicited a pang of guilt "I have no intention to. We can achieve much more than wasting our powers on each other."

Heart decided then and there that he didn't trust this thing. Humans were deceitful creatures anyway, and one that wore their form out of free will was obviously bad news. Someone who manipulated the manipulators was a dangerous person indeed.

He gave an awkward smile, feeling the heat slowly begin to coalesce in his hands, ready in case things turned nasty. "Go on..."

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:20 am

"Um..."
Taken aback at the sudden appearance of the formless, Keith was taken aback.
Wasn't this thing supposed to be a blank slate? I doubt a so called "blank slate" could have learned to talk... Human children take a year or two to talk. If this thing truly is a blank slate, it must be like a baby. And yet... It's speaking in perfect english... I wonder... GAH. Im watching you!

Keith crumpled to one knee, the echo of the psychic attack ringing in his head. Out of the corner of his eye, through the pain, he could see a bird-shaped creature running away.

"Freaking... robotic chicken... "

"um, are you alright?" Said the thing.

What was I going to do... Oh yeah. copy. right. Should analyze this thing. If it's truly Zero the "blank slate", nothing will register.

"I'm fine... just... CAPTURE!"
With that word, he flung out his arm. Manacles of electrical energy sprung from his gloves, trapping the entity in a prison of electromagnetic energy.
"analyze captive." Keith said, activating his computer.

analyzing. analyzing. ERROR. ERROR. MASSIVE DATA FAULT.

The screen streamed with strings of data, bouncing around as the analysis probed deeper into the captive glitch.

"Of course... The megaglitch... Bring up files!" Keith said, pressing a button on the air display.
A screen was projected in front of his face.
"hmmm... mega-glitch, v2.5... Terrabeing... ah-ha! Was supposed to connect to everything on the internet... (sort of like project alpha then...) If it could connect to things on the internet, it could create copies, i guess. Well, since I don't want you returning to your master... TAKE THIS! EMP PULSE!"
The electromagnetic bands surrounding the copy grew larger, then folded in upon the captive. You could see binary coding where the bands touched it. It gave one last scream of defiance as it was erased.
"crap... Now I'm a target. 2.5 knew I was talking to it, and now the copy is dead. I've got to get out of here. "
Keith ran quickly towards the nearest alley, and ducked behind a box, modifying his gear for his next encounter.

Spoiler:
Did I catch on to your character base, viero? because if not, it's damn near close. cookie for the reference to everybody else.

Last edited by td260 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : derpness on zero)

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:30 am

Spoiler:
I may have misinterpereted but I belive Av was refering to Sirria and teh Real Zero, not Keith and teh Fake one td ._.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 am

SuicideAngel wrote:
Spoiler:
I may have misinterpereted but I belive Av was refering to Sirria and teh Real Zero, not Keith and teh Fake one td ._.

Spoiler:
really? *reads post...*
DERP. If avalanche has a problem with it, I''ll just delete the part about him. It's not crucial to the post.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:43 am

(Ah, lets just role with it. continueity errors are bound to be made at some point)

The psychic shock was less effective then intended as Keith still managed to talk and resist. "Does everyone here build freaking mental barriers!?" Zelgius thought angrily to himself. He ran away, hearing the human shout; capture.

Zelgius was amused while he ran over the rooftops. He had gotten used to this new enviroment of metal and stone, and was using the roofs to manouever freely over the city. Save for the white tower and the area he encountered Aidrail, he'd go anywhere he'd wish to go in a matter of moments thanks to his bionic legs. "The one thing the humans made, I am actually gratefull for. Don't let it get to you're heads"

In search for a quiet place, Zelgius returned to the place he arrived at. The homeless were still knocked out, and guarded by their little pets, but Zelgius paid them no mind. He found a quiet quarters and closed his eyes for a moment. He needed some rest, and time to think.

Last edited by King Avalanche on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 am

Spoiler:
I had actually typed a responce to it before you ninja'd me rofl It wasn't that important if we wanna go your way instead to save time but I'd appreciate not having interactions stolen from me ;P /notreallymad
ninja'd by Av rofl

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 am

As The Terrabeing was on the move in order to find the Demon it suddenly got interrupted.

"WARNING: Missing file(Zero Clone)

Error: Underestimated targets.

Solution: Delete all life forms without mercy.

Chance of success: 100%

Objective: Part 1. Move to deletion area part 2. Delete all viruses in area.

Commencing:Now"

With The Terrabeings plans not going according to plan. It now eliminates teams as a solution and quickly goes on the offensive by going out him self in search of the other 10 Viruses. With Keith finding out The Terrabeings power. Everyone could turn out to be a possible clone. Making everyone suspicious.

"Virus known as Demon Lord: Takes the souls of Viruses.
Scanning......Soul file not found
Threat Level: minimum

Virus known as Heart: Unknown
Threat Level:Unknown

Virus known as Keith: Technology
Type of technology used: Unknown
Threat Level: Minimum to High
TARGET OF HIGH IMPORTANCE:Deletion needed"

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Spoiler:
OOC: Quick question. How do we actually go about fighting eachother?
Deaths are only through polls and choice right? So how does the fighting work?
You fight but fail to finish eachother constantly?

*asking this due to Terra's hunting...*

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:55 pm

SuicideAngel wrote:
Spoiler:
I had actually typed a responce to it before you ninja'd me rofl It wasn't that important if we wanna go your way instead to save time but I'd appreciate not having interactions stolen from me ;P /notreallymad
ninja'd by Av rofl
Spoiler:
Remember you can just post a reserve post and then edit your real post in if you like, helps protect against ninjas.

Perry: You can fight but if it's not the preset round end then yes your fights must simply end without a death. Something happens to interrupt it, the losing party runs before he gets killed, the winner decides not to finish of the loser for whatever reason etc.

Last edited by Weldar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Neil walked around the streets. This place was huge! This place was... amazing in it's own way. Neil had once found the ruins of New York City and imagined this must have been what it was like before the bombings. A store window along the street had been smashed, the body of one of those turtle things lay inside. Neil looked both ways and saw nobody near, so he went in. He'd seen a lot of new things since he was brought here, but he still hadn't managed to get over the amount of food. Inside the store he found bags of chips, sodas, and Ice cream. He... well he pigged out a bit. He'd never had Ice Cream and predictably gave himself an Ice Cream headache. After he was done he headed out the back way.

In the alley behind the store he finally ran into someone. It was Sirria, the mercenary. He seemed to be staring after something on the street, lost in thought. "Uh, exuse me?" Neil said. Sirria whirled around in a flash, his sword already drawn. "Easy, easy! Look, I wanted to talk to you guys about this 'competition."

"Yes," Sirria said in a cold voice, "if we were to ally ourselves the others would surely fall more quickly." He slowly untensed and stood straight, yet with an air of readyness. The blue runes on his arm provided a weak shine and casting his face in a grim light.

"What?! No, just the opposite! You guys may not think so, but this place is a paradise! There's food everywhere, not to mention beds and standing buildings! Look, if no one dies we can stay here, build new lives. No one has to die at all!"

"Unfourtunately, staying here is something I cannot do. There may be a large fight now, but from what I have seen of this world it is generally a peaceful place. Men such as I, who know naught but warfare are nothing in times of peace. If you cannot be convinced of fighting to return home, then I have that desire aiding my blade alone in this fight." With that he drew his sword and lunged at Neil.

Neil wasn't able to get his sword up in time to defend, however, he was able to lift his scabbard to block. Sirria's sword landed with a muffled clang and knocked the scabbard back far enough to bop Neil in the face. Neil took the opportunity to pull his own sword out and immediatly had to defend. Neil swiveled around cleanly, letting Sirria's momentum carry him past and Neil backed out the alley into the street. Sirria followed him out relentlessly. As he charged, the blue runes on Sirria's arm lit up and blue fire erupted from the sword he was holding. The impact of the strike shook Neil's entire arm and arcane flames licked his face. I... I don't think I can beat him... I actually think he's getting stronger.

Sirria's grimace of effort had become a wide grin, with teeth getting sharper and longer by the second. The moon shone evily in his eyes, making them seem impossibly large. Hair could even be seen growing on his forhead and his arms. Oh man, his IS a werewolf. The fight continues through the streets, Neil's reaction times were getting slower and slower, while Sirria grew in strength. A swipe from Sirria with his free hand (Which had grown claws) caught Neil off guard and he fell backwards. Sirria dropped his blade on the ground and looked as though he were going to tear Neil apart. At the last second however, something caught his attention.

The Large Tower, one that could be seen throughout the town had a... Giant octopus on it. The tentacles were stabbing to the ground around it, but also deeper into the town itself. Neil slowly crawled away from Sirria who was quite caught up in it all, and slid into a nearby alley. This city seems to be full of nothing but alleys. Neil thought to himself. Well, I better be more careful when I talk to someone else about staying... Neil left down the alley, casting looks over his shoulder to see if Sirria had given chase.

Spoiler:
Sorry in advance if the Game-and-Watch octopus messes anyone up. The fight could have gone on for any amount of time, so it doesn't have to have happened yet in your parts. Also, I think I'll double space these paragraphs from now on. Looks nicer, dontcha know?

Last edited by TheTJ on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Sirria stopped staring at the octopus and snapped back into control, reverting back to full human and retrieving Desparatum from where it lay. "I'm sorry friend" he whispered to it, sliding it back into it's scabbard. It gave a discontented rattle and he patted it's hilt. "We'll have other chances for combat, for now perhaps it's best to get out of the range of that thing's attack."

He turned and ran down the main street, dodging the odd tentacle that happened to reach far enough. He reached the end of the street and made note of the dark ruins of what once must have been a very popular tavern, its lights now darkened and patronage long since evacuated. Slowing to a brisk walk now, he made his way left down yet another dank alleyway. Some kind of humanoid beasts lurked in the dark corners but he growled a warning at them and walked on. he passed a man sitting in a box, but paid him no mind.

He drifted among the alleyways aimlessly, seeking out another of the magicless humans. He would need lo learn more about their methods before he could plan an attack. He was lucky with the last one, he was caught offguard and Sirria had taken the unfair advantage. Not that it matters how fair it was, combat is combat after all and every allowance must be taken. Sirria rubbed his temples and sighed "I need food" he grumbled, and kicked down the nearest door. Luckilly the house was abandoned, and the iced cubbard fully stocked. He made himself a meal of bread and ham and sat down at the table to eat.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 am

Spoiler:
Bit of a problem, td260: Keith shouldn't know that Zero has the infinite learning capacity. The 'blank slate' description really wasn't enough to hint at that. Same goes for the shapeshifting. I only say this because if all the characters knew about the learning Zero would be pretty much helpless and with the shapeshifting, well, the power would also become quite less useful. If you can find some other way to rationalize the way Keith figured out how Copy Zero wasn't the real one, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'm willing to roll with it. I'll have a real post up in the morning, I'm tired now and my internet is too inconsistent for my patience.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:43 am

Spoiler:
Yeah guys expanding a bit on Q's point here it does feel like some of you guys are making yourself a bit overpowered knowledge-wise. Don't be afraid to put your character in a bad position, get tricked by things like the clones/shafeshifting, walk into traps, etc. It can be fun and interesting sometimes and remember no matter how bad a position you put your character in it can't kill them unless they were already going to die anyway.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:32 am

Jak was heading down an alleyway, searching for a a hideout, if ever he was found. He soon approached a building in a state of disrepair. Noticing that the door was already open, Jak went inside and felt a shudder come over him. Not another orphanage thought Jak. After regaining his calm state of mind, he walked to the other room and found the mercenary Sirria sitting there, feasting.

"Sirria, what a coincidence we find eachother here, eh?" remarked Jak, extending one hand while placing the other on the hilt of his machete.

"Indeed," replied Sirria shaking Jak's hand. "There's some nasty opponents out there, plus a psionic ostrich. But to run into you, a human, I am glad."

"As am I to find you. As you had said, the opponents are more powerful than us, but if we work together, we could outlast them. What do you think?" proposed Jak.

"I think you should have a sandwich, partner!" with that Sirria tossed Jak a sandwich of bread ham. "Now we rest up in preparation."

"Thank you very much!" said Jak, devouring the well-deserved sandwich. "This'll be our hide out, in case some one, like the demon, does find us. Agreed?"

"Afreed," answered Sirria with his mouth full. The newfound allies ate with vigor.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 am

Spoiler:
Sorry about that, but I just didn't want to screw with the clone.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am

Spoiler:
td260 wrote:
I walk these empty streets, on the boulevard of broken dreams...
Oh yeah. A little late, but the Green Day reference is a win.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35 am

hudsonboy111 wrote:
Spoiler:
td260 wrote:
I walk these empty streets, on the boulevard of broken dreams...
Oh yeah. A little late, but the Green Day reference is a win.
Spoiler:
I was going to have it rain again, and do a quote from wake me up when september ends, but I ran out of time. Oh well. Did anyone get the cookie reference for what I called viero's character?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am

Zero's trip through the color and light was interrupted by a sight that any being of emotion placed in its situation would have found strange. However for Zero there was no emotion, no strange, nor any small inquisitive voices probing the mechanics of the world, as there truly was no mind itself. Thus the encounter was simply accepted.

In front of Zero, one of the few sensible blots of color shifted; a section of the solid vertical surface that was recognizable as a wall appeared to rotate out and away. It seemed that the established sense of solidity was momentarily broken, as within, a chaos of shifting, ever moving colors and lights saturated the space formerly occupied by the sterile grayness of the surface itself. From within a strange source of sound emerged, pulsating vibrations that arranged themselves around a rhythm of sorts.

Closing the wall and restoring sense to Zero's universe via a round protrusion on the rotated segment, a group of three of the spherical-headed entities it had noticed earlier emerged, clutching semitransparent cylindrical objects amounting in a narrow neck and containing a sloshing liquid clutched in hand. Their mouths open in grins and spewing oscillating incomprehensible sounds, their gaits unsteady, the group gradually progressed through the void toward Zero. Zero, with nothing indicating it should cease to move, jogged straight into the leader of the group.

Both toads fell over, the drunkard's bottle smashing on the ground. The other toad staggered to its feet, Zero following suit in an identical uneven motion.

"Uunh, you, yeah, toadie there. Watch it."

Zero's response, in the innocent voice of the young toad, was almost instant: "What is this thing?"

One of the entities responded with that guffawed noise, and spoke to its companion, its voice uneven and slightly slurred: "Ttthe fuck is up with this guy?"

Zero, again in the voice of the Koopa, "Are you listenin' to me?

Another Toad responded, leaning against the wall, responded in a slightly more even voice, "Hey *hic* bro. He's trying to be tough. He's definitely a tough guy. The Brawl that's goin on uptown, *hic* we could use him."

The infinite learning capacity instilled in Zero didn't grant it reason, no. The untrained, unthinking mind works in simple ways. A being without a mind is far simpler, acting on embedded instinct alone. The following response was thus given to Sirria's request for alliance, and repeated here at what appeared to be the same kind of request.

"Better off left alone."

The drunkards were at first put off, then angered, their dizziness merging with their irked annoyance in a hapless rage.

"The fuck is up with you, man? Actin so tough on our streets. We're just out for some fun, dude."

Now in the voice of the elder toad from the initial alley, "Should get moving."

Alcohol does some funny things to the mind. Aside from the general buzz and lowered inhibitions, many individuals experience different sensations, varying degrees of change in their personality. It's well accepted that the reaction of the brain to an intoxicant is not entirely consistent from person to person, or, in this case, toad. Unfortunately for Zero, it was talking to a particularly angry drunk.

"Who-wha-who the fuck you think you are, man?" The drunk swung his fist at Zero, sending the nothing sprawling into a pile of junk behind it. Pain shot through the amalgamation of color and light; the void of surfaces and movement that was Zero's perception of the world. Pain is death, death is irrevocable. Zero felt cold steel in its left hand, and grasped it.

The nonbeing staggered to its feet, the only method of getting off the ground it was acquainted with, a broken piece of piping in its hand. The drunk again swung and missed, and Zero swung the pipe in an arc. Had it been full length en lieu of the crowbar the toad had struck Zero with, it would have impacted the shoulder. Instead the jagged edge raked across the drunk toad's chest, leaving a stinging gash, and he screamed incomprehensibly, falling to the ground in pain. At this one of the other two drunks gave angry cries and leapt towards Zero. Zero swung again for the shoulder and missed as a toad tackled it against the wall, shattering its bottle in an inebriation-affected attempt to smash its face in. Zero responded identically, pushing the toad backwards until it reached the far wall. His pummeling shot did not miss.

The third drunk at this point staggered backwards, fear mixing with horror at the toad's sudden show of strength. He reached into his pocket, drawing a single silver object, a long tube with a rotating cylinder on the rear, flanked by a grip. To Zero the revolver was nothing but a light-reflecting nonsense. Zero walked towards the last drunk in a steady approach, and the toad's hand shook. Alcohol does nothing to improve aim, so its first shot went wild. However, as Zero came in range, the toad raised its revolver and aimed directly, point blank, at Zero's head.

His attempt to blow out Zero's lack of brain was interrupted as a sword ran through its chest. The man seemed to become incongruous with the void as he fell to the ground, unmoving and thus unrecognizable. Behind it was a single, ragged humanoid, brown haired and bearing a cloak. The nonentity proceeded to trip over the body in front of it.

Neil saw the toad fall to the ground in front of him, pitifully helpless. He sighed. It would be difficult to live in a world with so much violence. He was no hero, but he couldn't sit back and let the guy get the snot kicked out of him. "Hey, you alright?"

Zero, staggering to its feet again and still formed as a toad, responded, first with a slightly uneven voice, then with a lighter, more innocent tone, "What is this thing?"

Neil frowned, for the answer was unexpected and not particularly indicative of a stable mind, but answered anyways, "I'm Neil Marando. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"He's trying to be tough. He's definitely a tough guy," spoken in a rather unsteady voice.

Unsure of the nature of the latest response this time, Neil responded, "Do you want an escort?"

"Better off left alone."

Neil sighed, turned and left. The guy must be drunk. With Sirria possibly following him, he'd have to keep moving. Settling down was looking harder and harder by the minute.

The cloaked figure left into the dark, and Zero, now appearing as Neil and clutching the drunkard's revolver in addition to the broken pipe, was alone in the void... ...in the street once more.

Spoiler:
Nice fix, td, and thanks. Would have edited this into the reserve post but it's on a new page so I figured it would be best to just post it.

Last edited by Quaetman on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : minor spelling and grammer things, also the first drunk punched zero instead since his bottle broke when they fell)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:04 pm

A grin appeared on Aidrail's face, showing his teath yet again. He couldn't help it, this was way too easy. The simple "go on" was enough for him to know he was hesitant to fight him.
In close combat he was pretty useless. He could wield his Halberd pretty good, en his demonic traits obviously enhanced his physical abilities. But let's be honest, a good fighter could seriously harm him if the fight dragged on. No, it was his Magical and Ritual skills that stood out. A Ritual circel around himself and his target, and they were souls, waiting to be sucked out.

"Humans are vile creatures, aren't they? They're like rodents, and they need to be exterminated. The Ostrich, Zelgius, knows this, and i knew he knew. We've already established an alliance, be it a shaky one. We will fight together untill we arrive at a location suitable to live in. Then, we abandon the Tournament and the so called "higher beings" and live. Be honest, you don't think they will revert you back to normal once this is over, do you? They will use you further, or drop you in your world, but in this form, to laugh at you!"

Aidrail paused, to let his words sink in with Heart. He observed the being for a brief moment. This once was a bird. Weird thoughts. No Matter, he would soon join his alliance, eradicate the humans for him, and once the finals were there, he'd lure him into his circle and use his soul to get himself back home. Perfect plan. The runes on Aidrail's face skittered around, making words only he could understand. This game was his.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:35 pm

"What the fuck are you, What the fuck are you doing in my house!!!!"

Zelgius woke up startled and flapped his small wings around to distance the assaulter from him. He looked right in the eyes of a human....or something resembling one. The thoughts came in a diffrent matter, and it had pointy ears. Other then that, just another human. Zelgius jumped back, his legs carelessly knocking over chairs and a vase.

The assaulter moved back as well, frightend by Zelgius' sudden movements. It was a woman, with 2 nestlings. She grabbed a rope and tried to approach Zelgius with frightened eyes.

"d-don't be afraid giant cuckoo" the woman said, not aware of the irony.

Zelgius looked at the rope, and back at the woman. are you serious? He thought, loud enough for her to hear it. She stept back startled and looked even more frightend then before. Zelgius slowly walked towards her. "Have you any idea what I've lived trough woman? Have you any idea what you're up against? Are you arrogant enough to think a mere rope will be enough to lock me up in a cage again!!?"

Zelgius gave the woman a swift kick, knocking her uncounciouss. Zelgius prepeared to leave, looking trough the cupboards for food when the nestlings began to cry. "A common but unfortunate habbit those nestlings have......" Zelgius thought to himself. He used his telekinesis to feed himself, while putting the nestlings to sleep. Their mother would wake up soon and take care of them.

The streets were filled with even more anger then before. Zelgius could feel it. There was a storm comming. Somehow a giant octopus had taken over the white tower and was stabbing wildly around it. Zelgius feared there was only more crazy to come, so this game just had gotten a time limit.

Kill one of the other contestants, or be swallowed up in the brawl.

He quickly jumped atop of the roofs again. They were great for getting quickly around the city, without running into anyone.....and perfect for a surprise attack.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Again, teeth bearing. Some part of his brain, the bit that had been changed and allowed him to walk and talk like a man, told him such an act was a sign of happiness and trust. But centuries as an animal overrode an hour as a human. Teeth were a warning, a challenge, a sign of dominance. This thing wasn't as altruistic as his words made out. But he made an offer too tempting to pass up. Heart rose to his full height.

"Humans are a dangerous species. They enslave my kind, warp their minds and use them for sport. They fight and kill each other over trivial things. They will soon purge themselves from this existence, yet they'll drag everything else down with them. Such is the way their spiteful little minds work. The ones in this tournament will soon turn on each other. Murdering their fellows for the sake of their own survival."

He paused for a moment. The wind danced around their feet, skimming paper and leaves in swift spirals and bringing with it the smell of ash and cinders "This alliance...I know humans prefer strength in numbers. That's why they hide behind my kind. Teaming up may help us. But I know of gods; we are proud creatures. Those controlling this contest will not let us slip out of their clutches so easily. And what's more, once we find this safe haven of yours, how will I regain my true form? They certainly have a bargaining chip that you do not."

Now it was Heart's turn to bear his teeth. It was an act he would certainly get used to.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Sirria smiled and patted his belly, content with his hunger sated. He began to rummage through his belt pouch and removed a small knife, too small and weak for fighting, and a tattered and aged scroll. He set both on teh table and unrolled the scroll, taking note of an intricate design marked and annotated with notes and addendums, additions and improvements discovered through years of use.

"What's that?" Jak asked, peering curiously over at the scroll.

"It's a ritual I often use on the road. It marks a place as Home for a day or two, during which it will be somewhat protected. No doubt the others would have little real trouble breaking it but it should slow them down, and that's all you could ask for on short notice" he picked up the knife and walked to the door, carefuly beginning to carve the design into the wood. "Remember this symbol - it will guide you back here if you are lost and have need enough to return"

He finished and lowered the knife to appraise his work. It was not teh best work, but it would do. Fortunatly the knob of the door had not broken and could still be closed, and Locked if nessicary, though if the ritual broke a lock wouldn't do anything to bar their way. Perhaps it would still function as a deterant - would the others be so ready to break down a locked door? Probably - Sirria wouldn't put it past most of them. He returned to the table and carefully put the scroll and knife back into his pouch. "Time to be off again" he said to Jak "Stay as long as you like friend, we'll meet again" They shook hands one again and Sirria left, shutting the door behind him and wandering once more into the night.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top